If you're carrying a torch, put it down. The Olympics are over.

aus+uk / aus.computers / I love PayPal

SubjectAuthor
* I love PayPalRod Speed
+* Re: I love PayPalPeter Jason
`* Re: I love PayPalMax
 `- Re: I love PayPalRod Speed

Pages:123
I love PayPal

<j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2220&group=aus.computers#2220

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Subject: I love PayPal
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 08:56:46 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:56 UTC

The Australian newspaper tried to flagrantly dishonestly
shaft me and PayPal has just fucked them up the arse.

I was researching Cleo's abduction 3 weeks ago and found
that the Australian newspaper had a paid for article that I
was interested in reading. Only $4 for a 4 week subscription
so I signed up and set a reminder to cancel before it started
charging me $40/month for the next 4 weeks.

The buggers slugged me the $40 today a full week too early.

Rang them and had the monkey claim that its spelt out in
the fine print of the terms and conditions that they will
charge it a week early. No mention of that with the signup.

Refused to do anything about it. Its clearly a deliberate scam.

I had chosen to pay using PayPal in case there was a problem.

Rang PayPal just now and they reversed the charge immediately.

I will be paying with paypal for everything I can do that with
even with well known operations like that arsehole Murdoch.

Re: I love PayPal

<pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2221&group=aus.computers#2221

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Subject: Re: I love PayPal
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 11:42:08 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 00:42 UTC

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 08:56:46 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>The Australian newspaper tried to flagrantly dishonestly
>shaft me and PayPal has just fucked them up the arse.
>
>I was researching Cleo's abduction 3 weeks ago and found
>that the Australian newspaper had a paid for article that I
>was interested in reading. Only $4 for a 4 week subscription
>so I signed up and set a reminder to cancel before it started
>charging me $40/month for the next 4 weeks.
>
>The buggers slugged me the $40 today a full week too early.
>
>Rang them and had the monkey claim that its spelt out in
>the fine print of the terms and conditions that they will
>charge it a week early. No mention of that with the signup.
>
>Refused to do anything about it. Its clearly a deliberate scam.
>
>I had chosen to pay using PayPal in case there was a problem.
>
>Rang PayPal just now and they reversed the charge immediately.
>
>I will be paying with paypal for everything I can do that with
>even with well known operations like that arsehole Murdoch.

Rod has joined the DARK side.

PayPal is a Yankee snake-oiler. I once had occasion to agreed to be
paid via PayPal who refused to remit until I'd supplied ID.
This I did using the same ID as always which used my trade name and
not my birth name. I explained all including using trade names
instead of tongue-twisting real names. All to no avail. They still
have my $900.
Give me Murdoch anyday.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2222&group=aus.computers#2222

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 12:49:04 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 01:49 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>> The Australian newspaper tried to flagrantly dishonestly
>> shaft me and PayPal has just fucked them up the arse.

>> I was researching Cleo's abduction 3 weeks ago and found
>> that the Australian newspaper had a paid for article that I
>> was interested in reading. Only $4 for a 4 week subscription
>> so I signed up and set a reminder to cancel before it started
>> charging me $40/month for the next 4 weeks.

>> The buggers slugged me the $40 today a full week too early.

>> Rang them and had the monkey claim that its spelt out in
>> the fine print of the terms and conditions that they will
>> charge it a week early. No mention of that with the signup.

>> Refused to do anything about it. Its clearly a deliberate scam.

>> I had chosen to pay using PayPal in case there was a problem.

>> Rang PayPal just now and they reversed the charge immediately.

>> I will be paying with paypal for everything I can do that with
>> even with well known operations like that arsehole Murdoch.
> Rod has joined the DARK side.

Nope, I have always been the DARK side, and don't you forget it.

Just ask the dead fucker how it died.
> PayPal is a Yankee snake-oiler.

They provide a very useful service.

> I once had occasion to agreed to be paid via
> PayPal who refused to remit until I'd supplied ID.

Never happened to me and I have been paid by
PayPal heaps of times before PayID showed up.

> This I did using the same ID as always which used my
> trade name and not my birth name. I explained all
> including using trade names instead of tongue-twisting
> real names. All to no avail. They still have my $900.

Because you are too stupid to even be
able to get a viable mobile phone service.

> Give me Murdoch anyday.

They wont give you him.

Re: I love PayPal

<gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2223&group=aus.computers#2223

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 13:01:33 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 02:01 UTC

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 12:49:04 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> The Australian newspaper tried to flagrantly dishonestly
>>> shaft me and PayPal has just fucked them up the arse.
>
>>> I was researching Cleo's abduction 3 weeks ago and found
>>> that the Australian newspaper had a paid for article that I
>>> was interested in reading. Only $4 for a 4 week subscription
>>> so I signed up and set a reminder to cancel before it started
>>> charging me $40/month for the next 4 weeks.
>
>>> The buggers slugged me the $40 today a full week too early.
>
>>> Rang them and had the monkey claim that its spelt out in
>>> the fine print of the terms and conditions that they will
>>> charge it a week early. No mention of that with the signup.
>
>>> Refused to do anything about it. Its clearly a deliberate scam.
>
>>> I had chosen to pay using PayPal in case there was a problem.
>
>>> Rang PayPal just now and they reversed the charge immediately.
>
>>> I will be paying with paypal for everything I can do that with
>>> even with well known operations like that arsehole Murdoch.
>
>> Rod has joined the DARK side.
>
>Nope, I have always been the DARK side, and don't you forget it.
>
>Just ask the dead fucker how it died.
>
>> PayPal is a Yankee snake-oiler.
>
>They provide a very useful service.

Balls! Nothing the local bank cannot do. You have been brainwashed
by their pretty pictures and hustle-spiel.

>> I once had occasion to agreed to be paid via
>> PayPal who refused to remit until I'd supplied ID.
>
>Never happened to me and I have been paid by
>PayPal heaps of times before PayID showed up.

The galling thing is that there was no WARNING about the ID
requirement!

>> This I did using the same ID as always which used my
>> trade name and not my birth name. I explained all
>> including using trade names instead of tongue-twisting
>> real names. All to no avail. They still have my $900.
>
>Because you are too stupid to even be
>able to get a viable mobile phone service.

I have a mobile phone service, but I leave the roaming off to save
money; I get about 2 incoming calls a month from my beneficiaries to
check if I'm still alive. All other calls I get at work via that
rapacious Telstra D.O.T. "service".

>> Give me Murdoch anyday.
>
>They wont give you him.

Your reply is lacking in warmth & compassion. I am a VICTIM here.
And I want my money back! And what are they doing with all that money
that is rightfully mine?

Re: I love PayPal

<3d2bqghjj5hbtdv0839tl14q1vmp598h0k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2224&group=aus.computers#2224

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 13:19:36 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 02:19 UTC

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 13:01:33 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>Because you are too stupid to even be
>>able to get a viable mobile phone service.
>
>I have a mobile phone service, but I leave the roaming off to save
>money; I get about 2 incoming calls a month from my beneficiaries to
>check if I'm still alive. All other calls I get at work via that
>rapacious Telstra D.O.T. "service".
>>
>>> Give me Murdoch anyday.
>>
>>They wont give you him.
>
>Your reply is lacking in warmth & compassion. I am a VICTIM here.
>And I want my money back! And what are they doing with all that money
>that is rightfully mine?

I like PayPal also they give refunds for scams that are paid by PayPal
Seems to me PayPal run by their rules not yours!
--
Petzl
Australian's continue to vote for and believe slogans?

"My first act as Premier will be to raise the speed limit, lower the
fines, cancel the tolls. ban any future virus lock downs.
Thank you " Craig Kelly United Australia

At least he is a *native born Australian*
BOTH parents and him born in Australia, something that needs to be
added to our constitution for Politicians, remove a big lump of Labor
seats and makes Labor a better party as it will with Coalition and
other parties
You disagree?

Re: I love PayPal

<j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2225&group=aus.computers#2225

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 14:08:31 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 03:08 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Rod has joined the DARK side.
>>
>>Nope, I have always been the DARK side, and don't you forget it.
>>
>>Just ask the dead fucker how it died.
>>
>>> PayPal is a Yankee snake-oiler.
>>
>>They provide a very useful service.
> Balls! Nothing the local bank cannot do.

Vastly cheaper for international payments and until
PayID, vastly quicker for payments to individuals too.

> You have been brainwashed by their
> pretty pictures and hustle-spiel.

I actually noticed how much better they are for most
stuff. I couldn't have got that result that I got with
the Australian in minutes either with the local bank.

>>> I once had occasion to agreed to be paid via
>>> PayPal who refused to remit until I'd supplied ID.
>>
>>Never happened to me and I have been paid by
>>PayPal heaps of times before PayID showed up.
>
> The galling thing is that there was no
> WARNING about the ID requirement!

I never had to provide it.

>>> This I did using the same ID as always which used my
>>> trade name and not my birth name. I explained all
>>> including using trade names instead of tongue-twisting
>>> real names. All to no avail. They still have my $900.
>>
>>Because you are too stupid to even be
>>able to get a viable mobile phone service.
> I have a mobile phone service,

But are too stupid to have even noticed the $10/month
plans that provided unlimited calls and texts and MMSs
to any landline and mobile in the country and to most of
the most important countrys in the world and 6GB of data.

> but I leave the roaming off to save money;

More fool you, you are actually wasting much more.

> I get about 2 incoming calls a month from my beneficiaries
> to check if I'm still alive. All other calls I get at work via
> that rapacious Telstra D.O.T. "service".

And you are too stupid to use a $10/month service for that.

>>> Give me Murdoch anyday.

>>They wont give you him.
> Your reply is lacking in warmth & compassion.

Like that or lump it.

> I am a VICTIM here.

All you warrant is a bullet in the back of the neck.

> And I want my money back!

Trivial to get it.

> And what are they doing with all
> that money that is rightfully mine?

Spending it on monkey wages to give anyone with even
half a clue a vastly better service than the local bank.

Re: I love PayPal

<o9ibqgd64grf6lf0296iauib5b2u93ktig@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2226&group=aus.computers#2226

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 18:02:50 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 07:02 UTC

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 14:08:31 +1100, "Rod Speed"

>>>Because you are too stupid to even be
>>>able to get a viable mobile phone service.
>
>> I have a mobile phone service,
>
>But are too stupid to have even noticed the $10/month
>plans that provided unlimited calls and texts and MMSs
>to any landline and mobile in the country and to most of
>the most important countrys in the world and 6GB of data.

GET A GOOD MOBILE PHONE FIRST.
Found "Motorola moto g 5G plus" very good, (Thanks to Jonz)
https://t.ly/kf5j
Dual SIM
Ebay make sure you pay with PayPal

Mobile provider National, 133 numbers, SMS calls free, DATA not used
is added.

Amaysim (Optus)
Plan details
Auto-renews every 28 days
4GB data
Unlimited standard talk & text
Additional data: $10 for 1GB
All for use in Australia
Rates are for personal use only. T&Cs, Fair Go policy and Critical
Info Summary.
Plan cost$10
Total remaining data11.9GB
Days left5
Renews05 Dec 2021
--
Petzl
Australian's continue to vote for and believe slogans?

"My first act as Premier will be to raise the speed limit, lower the
fines, cancel the tolls. ban any future virus lock downs.
Thank you " Craig Kelly United Australia

At least he is a *native born Australian*
BOTH parents and him born in Australia, something that needs to be
added to our constitution for Politicians, remove a big lump of Labor
seats and makes Labor a better party as it will with Coalition and
other parties
You disagree?

Re: I love PayPal

<j0m5imF1mjkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2227&group=aus.computers#2227

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 19:26:57 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 08:26 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> I have a mobile phone service,

>> But are too stupid to have even noticed the $10/month
>> plans that provided unlimited calls and texts and MMSs
>> to any landline and mobile in the country and to most of
>> the most important countrys in the world and 6GB of data.

> GET A GOOD MOBILE PHONE FIRST.

Yep.

> Found "Motorola moto g 5G plus" very good, (Thanks to Jonz)
> https://t.ly/kf5j
> Dual SIM

I prefer the iphone SE 2020 or its replacement due soon.

> Ebay make sure you pay with PayPal
> Mobile provider National, 133 numbers,
> SMS calls free, DATA not used is added.
> Amaysim (Optus)

I pefer Moose currently. Billed monthly, not every 28 days.

> Plan details
> Auto-renews every 28 days
> 4GB data

6GB with Moose.

> Unlimited standard talk & text
> Additional data: $10 for 1GB
> All for use in Australia
> Rates are for personal use only. T&Cs, Fair Go policy and Critical
> Info Summary.
> Plan cost$10
> Total remaining data11.9GB
> Days left5
> Renews05 Dec 2021

Re: I love PayPal

<ck6cqgl41bgq8hd0f8s0lgg0gvfbl772al@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2228&group=aus.computers#2228

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 23:41:37 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 12:41 UTC

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 19:26:57 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> But are too stupid to have even noticed the $10/month
>>> plans that provided unlimited calls and texts and MMSs
>>> to any landline and mobile in the country and to most of
>>> the most important countrys in the world and 6GB of data.
>
>> GET A GOOD MOBILE PHONE FIRST.
>
>Yep.
>
>> Found "Motorola moto g 5G plus" very good, (Thanks to Jonz)
>> https://t.ly/kf5j
>> Dual SIM
>
>I prefer the iphone SE 2020 or its replacement due soon.

No question but at a higher price

>> Ebay make sure you pay with PayPal
>
>> Mobile provider National, 133 numbers,
>> SMS calls free, DATA not used is added.
>
>> Amaysim (Optus)
>
>I pefer Moose currently. Billed monthly, not every 28 days.

For me a bit dearer, I do not even use the 4GB, am up to 12GB and
climbing. Yes Amaysin is 28 days billing.

>> Plan details
>> Auto-renews every 28 days
>> 4GB data
>
>6GB with Moose.

I don't even use 4GB, but worth considering

--
Petzl
Obama is like a guy who couldn't open a jar for 8 years,

Re: I love PayPal

<j0msnrF618gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2229&group=aus.computers#2229

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 02:02:17 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:02 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> GET A GOOD MOBILE PHONE FIRST.

>> Yep.

>>> Found "Motorola moto g 5G plus" very good, (Thanks to Jonz)
>>> https://t.ly/kf5j
>>> Dual SIM

>> I prefer the iphone SE 2020 or its replacement due soon.

> No question but at a higher price

That remains to be seen given how long each lasts.

I am still using the 6S that I got in 2016. the only
thing it wont do is 5G but there is no 5G here yet.

>>> Ebay make sure you pay with PayPal
>>> Mobile provider National, 133 numbers,
>>> SMS calls free, DATA not used is added.
>>> Amaysim (Optus)

>> I pefer Moose currently. Billed monthly, not every 28 days.

> For me a bit dearer, I do not even use the 4GB,

Me neither, I don't even use 1GB and I use if quite
a bit during the garage sale run, but that has died
in the arse due to the virus, just one last weekend
and that in the runup to xmas. It used to be over 20.

> am up to 12GB and climbing.
> Yes Amaysin is 28 days billing.

>>> Plan details
>>> Auto-renews every 28 days
>>> 4GB data

>> 6GB with Moose.

> I don't even use 4GB, but worth considering

Yeah, tho if you use more than 1GB you normally
need a lot more than 6GB a month.

>>> Unlimited standard talk & text
>>> Additional data: $10 for 1GB
>>> All for use in Australia
>>> Rates are for personal use only. T&Cs, Fair Go policy and Critical
>>> Info Summary.
>>> Plan cost$10
>>> Total remaining data11.9GB
>>> Days left5
>>> Renews05 Dec 2021

Re: I love PayPal

<888dqg9ggddq5hsvmb0vf9kvjjjpfv228s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2230&group=aus.computers#2230

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 09:47:48 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 22:47 UTC

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 02:02:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Yep.

>>> I prefer the iphone SE 2020 or its replacement due soon.
>
>> No question but at a higher price
>
>That remains to be seen given how long each lasts.
>
>I am still using the 6S that I got in 2016. the only
>thing it wont do is 5G but there is no 5G here yet.

Were quite happy with my Samsung over 10 year old phone, did
everything I needed, but with Covid needed to use the Q-code.
So I reluctantly splurged $400. The phone though has very clear sound
photo uses 3 lens, one for nearby, one for centre, one for distance,
it then stitch's the 3 together, nothing out of focus, at first
disengaged this, but you pointed out nearby focus was not sharp, so
turned on "intelligent" focus which is/was supposed to slow down
ability for speedy next shot, for me (dodgy eyesight) still seems very
fast.

>>> I pefer Moose currently. Billed monthly, not every 28 days.
>
>> For me a bit dearer, I do not even use the 4GB,
>
>Me neither, I don't even use 1GB and I use if quite
>a bit during the garage sale run, but that has died
>in the arse due to the virus, just one last weekend
>and that in the runup to xmas. It used to be over 20.

I take it you don't lose the GB's you don't use?
Just handy if Internet dies.

And 13**** numbers (mobile and landline) free, as well as other calls
free nationwide ?

Amaysim all for 4GB $10 28 day, at least they gave me this?
Now their offer is 6GB $20 28 Day. Maybe when my 12 months is up??
https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans/

Moose is 6GB $12.80 Monthly.
https://moosemobile.com.au/

--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

Re: I love PayPal

<j0nr97Fbq1nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2231&group=aus.computers#2231

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 10:43:32 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <o9ibqgd64grf6lf0296iauib5b2u93ktig@4ax.com> <j0m5imF1mjkU1@mid.individual.net> <ck6cqgl41bgq8hd0f8s0lgg0gvfbl772al@4ax.com> <j0msnrF618gU1@mid.individual.net> <888dqg9ggddq5hsvmb0vf9kvjjjpfv228s@4ax.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 23:43 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> No question but at a higher price
>>
>>That remains to be seen given how long each lasts.
>>
>>I am still using the 6S that I got in 2016. the only
>>thing it wont do is 5G but there is no 5G here yet.
>>
> Were quite happy with my Samsung over 10 year old phone, did
> everything I needed, but with Covid needed to use the Q-code.
> So I reluctantly splurged $400. The phone though has very clear sound
> photo uses 3 lens, one for nearby, one for centre, one for distance,
> it then stitch's the 3 together, nothing out of focus, at first
> disengaged this, but you pointed out nearby focus was not sharp, so
> turned on "intelligent" focus which is/was supposed to slow down
> ability for speedy next shot, for me (dodgy eyesight) still seems very
> fast.

>>> For me a bit dearer, I do not even use the 4GB,
>>
>>Me neither, I don't even use 1GB and I use if quite
>>a bit during the garage sale run, but that has died
>>in the arse due to the virus, just one last weekend
>>and that in the runup to xmas. It used to be over 20.

> I take it you don't lose the GB's you don't use?

Yes I do lose what I don't use in a month.

> Just handy if Internet dies.

Yeah, but I don't use anything like 1GB even
if the internet is down for a couple of days.
> And 13**** numbers (mobile and landline) free,
> as well as other calls free nationwide ?

Yep, all calls are free apart from calls to a satphone.
> Amaysim all for 4GB $10 28 day, at least they gave me this?
> Now their offer is 6GB $20 28 Day. Maybe when my 12 months is up??
> https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans/
> Moose is 6GB $12.80 Monthly.
> https://moosemobile.com.au/

I get that for $9.98 a month, think that offer expired.

Currently still available for the same price but that price
stops after a year and then hikes an extra $6 per month.
>>> am up to 12GB and climbing.
>>> Yes Amaysin is 28 days billing.

>>> I don't even use 4GB, but worth considering
>>
>>Yeah, tho if you use more than 1GB you normally
>>need a lot more than 6GB a month.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2232&group=aus.computers#2232

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 14:16:15 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 04:16 UTC

On 30/11/2021 1:08 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Nope, I have always been the DARK side, and don't you forget it.
>>> Just ask the dead fucker how it died.
>>>
>>> They provide a very useful service.
>
>> Balls!  Nothing the local bank cannot do.
>
> Vastly cheaper for international payments and until PayID, vastly
> quicker for payments to individuals too.
>> You have been brainwashed by their pretty pictures and hustle-spiel.
>
> I actually noticed how much better they are for most
> stuff. I couldn't have got that result that I got with the Australian in
> minutes either with the local bank.

I started using PP to avoid having my credit card details spread all
over the internet, but receiving money through them has proved quick and
easy. A $7K refund from an overseas airline came through in a day.

Conversely, when I got a cheque from the US government, the local bank
branch (now closed) couldn't handle it, so I had to drive 20 minutes to
the branch in town, queue to see a teller who couldn't handle it, wait
for someone from the back office, and fill out a large form. Then told
that it may take up to 3 weeks to clear, I don't know if they expect US
government cheques to bounce, but PayPal seems a much more streamlined
operation.

>>> Never happened to me and I have been paid by PayPal heaps of times
>>> before PayID showed up.
>>
>> The galling thing is that there was no WARNING about the ID requirement!
>
> I never had to provide it.
>>>
>>> Because you are too stupid to even be able to get a viable mobile
>>> phone service.
>
>> I have a mobile phone service,
>
> But are too stupid to have even noticed the $10/month
> plans that provided unlimited calls and texts and MMSs
> to any landline and mobile in the country and to most of the most
> important countrys in the world and 6GB of data.

>> but I leave the roaming off to save money;

Roaming in country? Hey the 90s are calling and want their service back

> More fool you, you are actually wasting much more.
>> I get about 2 incoming calls a month from my beneficiaries to check if
>> I'm still alive.   All other calls I get at work via that rapacious
>> Telstra D.O.T. "service".
>
> And you are too stupid to use a $10/month service for that.
>
>>> They wont give you him.
>
>> Your reply is lacking in warmth & compassion.
>
> Like that or lump it.
>> I am a VICTIM here.
>
> All you warrant is a bullet in the back of the neck.
>> And I want my money back!
>
> Trivial to get it.
>> And what are they doing with all that money that is rightfully mine?
>
> Spending it on monkey wages to give anyone with even half a clue a
> vastly better service than the local bank.

Re: I love PayPal

<iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2233&group=aus.computers#2233

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 07:25:28 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 20:25 UTC

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 14:16:15 +1000, keithr0 <user@account.invalid>
wrote:

>On 30/11/2021 1:08 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Balls!  Nothing the local bank cannot do.
>>
>> Vastly cheaper for international payments and until PayID, vastly
>> quicker for payments to individuals too.
>>> You have been brainwashed by their pretty pictures and hustle-spiel.
>>
>> I actually noticed how much better they are for most
>> stuff. I couldn't have got that result that I got with the Australian in
>> minutes either with the local bank.
>
>I started using PP to avoid having my credit card details spread all
>over the internet, but receiving money through them has proved quick and
>easy. A $7K refund from an overseas airline came through in a day.

>Conversely, when I got a cheque from the US government, the local bank
>branch (now closed) couldn't handle it, so I had to drive 20 minutes to
>the branch in town, queue to see a teller who couldn't handle it, wait
>for someone from the back office, and fill out a large form. Then told
>that it may take up to 3 weeks to clear, I don't know if they expect US
>government cheques to bounce, but PayPal seems a much more streamlined
>operation.

That's the spin. Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into
your account? Why Pay Pal?
And where does PayPal get its money, and who pays. Have they
invented the Free Lunch?

>>> The galling thing is that there was no WARNING about the ID requirement!
>>
>> I never had to provide it.

>>> I have a mobile phone service,
>>
>> But are too stupid to have even noticed the $10/month
>> plans that provided unlimited calls and texts and MMSs
>> to any landline and mobile in the country and to most of the most
>> important countrys in the world and 6GB of data.
>
>>> but I leave the roaming off to save money;
>
>Roaming in country? Hey the 90s are calling and want their service back
>

>> More fool you, you are actually wasting much more.
>>> I get about 2 incoming calls a month from my beneficiaries to check if
>>> I'm still alive.   All other calls I get at work via that rapacious
>>> Telstra D.O.T. "service".
>>
>> And you are too stupid to use a $10/month service for that.

>>> Your reply is lacking in warmth & compassion.
>>
>> Like that or lump it.
>>> I am a VICTIM here.
>>
>> All you warrant is a bullet in the back of the neck.
>>> And I want my money back!
>>
>> Trivial to get it.
>>> And what are they doing with all that money that is rightfully mine?
>>
>> Spending it on monkey wages to give anyone with even half a clue a
>> vastly better service than the local bank.

Re: I love PayPal

<so8mo3$ht0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2234&group=aus.computers#2234

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 20:42:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 20:42 UTC

In aus.computers Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 14:16:15 +1000, keithr0 <user@account.invalid>
> wrote:
>>
>>I started using PP to avoid having my credit card details spread all
>>over the internet, but receiving money through them has proved quick and
>>easy. A $7K refund from an overseas airline came through in a day.
>>
>>Conversely, when I got a cheque from the US government, the local bank
>>branch (now closed) couldn't handle it, so I had to drive 20 minutes to
>>the branch in town, queue to see a teller who couldn't handle it, wait
>>for someone from the back office, and fill out a large form. Then told
>>that it may take up to 3 weeks to clear, I don't know if they expect US
>>government cheques to bounce, but PayPal seems a much more streamlined
>>operation.
>
> That's the spin. Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into
> your account? Why Pay Pal?
> And where does PayPal get its money, and who pays. Have they
> invented the Free Lunch?

For international payments they make a mint charging you a variety
of currency conversion fees, mostly the one that's hidden by them
offering a lower-than-reality value for your money in whatever
currency you're paying in.

The rest of the fees are charged to the seller, who presumably
passes them back to you one way or other, though that's unclear
when items can either be ordered online or purchased for the
same price with cash in-store.

Some online stores just calculate PayPal's fee and charge you
that directly as an added charge during check-out. It's a nasty
surprise at the very end of the check-out process.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: I love PayPal

<j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2235&group=aus.computers#2235

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 08:23:25 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 21:23 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Vastly cheaper for international payments and until PayID, vastly
>>> quicker for payments to individuals too.
>>>
>>> I actually noticed how much better they are for most
>>> stuff. I couldn't have got that result that I got with the Australian in
>>> minutes either with the local bank.
>>
>>I started using PP to avoid having my credit card details spread all
>>over the internet, but receiving money through them has proved quick and
>>easy. A $7K refund from an overseas airline came through in a day.
>

>>Conversely, when I got a cheque from the US government, the local bank
>>branch (now closed) couldn't handle it, so I had to drive 20 minutes to
>>the branch in town, queue to see a teller who couldn't handle it, wait
>>for someone from the back office, and fill out a large form. Then told
>>that it may take up to 3 weeks to clear, I don't know if they expect US
>>government cheques to bounce, but PayPal seems a much more streamlined
>>operation.

> That's the spin.

Nope, that's the reality.

> Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into your account?

Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.

> Why Pay Pal?

Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
internationally.

> And where does PayPal get its money,

From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.

> and who pays.

In the case of those moving the money, those
who send the money, depending on the source
of the money and whether it's between individuals
or otherwise and the account used for the source.

> Have they invented the Free Lunch?

Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
full automatically from another bank account.

PayID transfers are free too.

>>> I never had to provide it.

>>> But are too stupid to have even noticed the $10/month
>>> plans that provided unlimited calls and texts and MMSs
>>> to any landline and mobile in the country and to most of the most
>>> important countrys in the world and 6GB of data.

>>Roaming in country? Hey the 90s are calling and want their service back
>>

>>> More fool you, you are actually wasting much more.
>>>
>>> And you are too stupid to use a $10/month service for that.

>>> Like that or lump it.
>>>
>>> All you warrant is a bullet in the back of the neck.
>>>
>>> Trivial to get it.
>>>
>>> Spending it on monkey wages to give anyone with even half a clue a
>>> vastly better service than the local bank.

Re: I love PayPal

<so8r7q$fbk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2236&group=aus.computers#2236

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 08:59:22 +1100
 by: Max - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 21:59 UTC

On 2/12/2021 8:23 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> I started using PP to avoid having my credit card details spread all
>>> over the internet, but receiving money through them has proved quick and
>>> easy. A $7K refund from an overseas airline came through in a day.
>>

>>> Conversely, when I got a cheque from the US government, the local bank
>>> branch (now closed) couldn't handle it, so I had to drive 20 minutes to
>>> the branch in town, queue to see a teller who couldn't handle it, wait
>>> for someone from the back office, and fill out a large form. Then told
>>> that it may take up to 3 weeks to clear, I don't know if they expect US
>>> government cheques to bounce, but PayPal seems a much more streamlined
>>> operation.
>
>> That's the spin.
>
> Nope, that's the reality.
>
>> Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into your account?
>
> Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.
>
>> Why Pay Pal?
>
> Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
> internationally.
>
>> And where does PayPal get its money,
>
> From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.
>
>> and who pays.
>
> In the case of those moving the money, those
> who send the money, depending on the source
> of the money and whether it's between individuals
> or otherwise and the account used for the source.
>
>> Have they invented the Free Lunch?
>
> Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
> no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
> full automatically from another bank account.

You wouldn't get any points on that card so you miss out on that.

> PayID transfers are free too.

>>> Roaming in country? Hey the 90s are calling and want their service back

Re: I love PayPal

<j0qe0gFqu10U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2237&group=aus.computers#2237

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 09:15:27 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 23:15 UTC

On 2/12/2021 6:42 am, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> In aus.computers Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 14:16:15 +1000, keithr0 <user@account.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I started using PP to avoid having my credit card details spread all
>>> over the internet, but receiving money through them has proved quick and
>>> easy. A $7K refund from an overseas airline came through in a day.
>>>
>>> Conversely, when I got a cheque from the US government, the local bank
>>> branch (now closed) couldn't handle it, so I had to drive 20 minutes to
>>> the branch in town, queue to see a teller who couldn't handle it, wait
>>> for someone from the back office, and fill out a large form. Then told
>>> that it may take up to 3 weeks to clear, I don't know if they expect US
>>> government cheques to bounce, but PayPal seems a much more streamlined
>>> operation.
>>
>> That's the spin. Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into
>> your account? Why Pay Pal?
>> And where does PayPal get its money, and who pays. Have they
>> invented the Free Lunch?
>
> For international payments they make a mint charging you a variety
> of currency conversion fees, mostly the one that's hidden by them
> offering a lower-than-reality value for your money in whatever
> currency you're paying in.

Have a look at what banks charge for international transactions. To get
that cheque into my account, there was a cheque cashing charge plus the
usual usurious conversion rate.

> The rest of the fees are charged to the seller, who presumably
> passes them back to you one way or other, though that's unclear
> when items can either be ordered online or purchased for the
> same price with cash in-store.

Just the same as credit card transactions, especially if you use
contactless. It's not usually visible but Aldi charge extra to cover it.

> Some online stores just calculate PayPal's fee and charge you
> that directly as an added charge during check-out. It's a nasty
> surprise at the very end of the check-out process.

Same as credit cards, nobody does anything for free.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0qe8sFqv7cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2238&group=aus.computers#2238

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 09:19:54 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 23:19 UTC

On 2/12/2021 6:25 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 14:16:15 +1000, keithr0 <user@account.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 30/11/2021 1:08 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Vastly cheaper for international payments and until PayID, vastly
>>> quicker for payments to individuals too.
>>>
>>> I actually noticed how much better they are for most
>>> stuff. I couldn't have got that result that I got with the Australian in
>>> minutes either with the local bank.
>>
>> I started using PP to avoid having my credit card details spread all
>> over the internet, but receiving money through them has proved quick and
>> easy. A $7K refund from an overseas airline came through in a day.
>

>> Conversely, when I got a cheque from the US government, the local bank
>> branch (now closed) couldn't handle it, so I had to drive 20 minutes to
>> the branch in town, queue to see a teller who couldn't handle it, wait
>> for someone from the back office, and fill out a large form. Then told
>> that it may take up to 3 weeks to clear, I don't know if they expect US
>> government cheques to bounce, but PayPal seems a much more streamlined
>> operation.
>
> That's the spin. Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into
> your account? Why Pay Pal?

Read what I said, they sent a cheque, I don't know why. Iget a monthly
pension from them which comes by an inter-bank transfer, but this was a
one off stimulus payment.

> And where does PayPal get its money, and who pays. Have they
> invented the Free Lunch?

Same place as the banks and credit card companies, fees and exchange rates.

Re: I love PayPal

<560gqg54qkutaian8giojgb5upjiga7n0f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2239&group=aus.computers#2239

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 10:21:56 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 23:21 UTC

>>>I started using PP to avoid having my credit card details spread all
>>>over the internet, but receiving money through them has proved quick and
>>>easy. A $7K refund from an overseas airline came through in a day.
>>

>>>Conversely, when I got a cheque from the US government, the local bank
>>>branch (now closed) couldn't handle it, so I had to drive 20 minutes to
>>>the branch in town, queue to see a teller who couldn't handle it, wait
>>>for someone from the back office, and fill out a large form. Then told
>>>that it may take up to 3 weeks to clear, I don't know if they expect US
>>>government cheques to bounce, but PayPal seems a much more streamlined
>>>operation.
>
>> That's the spin.
>
>Nope, that's the reality.

And God save us all. every one!

>> Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into your account?
>
>Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.

An institution as big as the Govt MUST have these transfer methods.
Something screwy here. It's almost 2022!

>> Why Pay Pal?
>
>Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
>internationally.

One of the swarms already existing.
I have used the Yellow & Black one. And the NAB page has an
International Transfer" page like all the other banks. Why
Pay-payPal? I have survived to warn thee!

>> And where does PayPal get its money,
>
>From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.

You betcha, sucker!

>> and who pays.

Ewe! You sheep.

>In the case of those moving the money, those
>who send the money, depending on the source
>of the money and whether it's between individuals
>or otherwise and the account used for the source.
>
>> Have they invented the Free Lunch?
>
>Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
>no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
>full automatically from another bank account.

No. What about the annual fee?
Sheeesh!

For your info, the dealing in money is the world's 2nd oldest
profession.

>PayID transfers are free too.

>>>Roaming in country? Hey the 90s are calling and want their service back

Well I might succumb to your horrible jibes and die. Then it will be
too late for regret.

No they're all boozing in the boardroom from all the heinous profits.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0qg6jFraigU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2240&group=aus.computers#2240

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 10:52:48 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 23:52 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote

>>> That's the spin.
>>
>> Nope, that's the reality.
>>
>>> Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into your account?
>>
>> Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.
>>
>>> Why Pay Pal?
>>
>> Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
>> internationally.
>>
>>> And where does PayPal get its money,
>>
>> From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.
>>
>>> and who pays.
>>
>> In the case of those moving the money, those
>> who send the money, depending on the source
>> of the money and whether it's between individuals
>> or otherwise and the account used for the source.
>>
>>> Have they invented the Free Lunch?
>>
>> Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
>> no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
>> full automatically from another bank account.

> You wouldn't get any points on that card so you miss out on that.

I'm not stupid enough to pay anything per month for a card which
gives you points. You are that stupid ? Your problem, as always.

>> PayID transfers are free too.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0qgflFrc2kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2241&group=aus.computers#2241

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 10:57:38 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 23:57 UTC

keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
> Computer Nerd Kev wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote

>>> That's the spin. Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into
>>> your account? Why Pay Pal?
>>> And where does PayPal get its money, and who pays. Have they
>>> invented the Free Lunch?
>>
>> For international payments they make a mint charging you a variety
>> of currency conversion fees, mostly the one that's hidden by them
>> offering a lower-than-reality value for your money in whatever
>> currency you're paying in.
>
> Have a look at what banks charge for international transactions. To get
> that cheque into my account, there was a cheque cashing charge plus the
> usual usurious conversion rate.
>
>> The rest of the fees are charged to the seller, who presumably
>> passes them back to you one way or other, though that's unclear
>> when items can either be ordered online or purchased for the
>> same price with cash in-store.
>
> Just the same as credit card transactions, especially if you use
> contactless. It's not usually visible but Aldi charge extra to cover it.
>
>> Some online stores just calculate PayPal's fee and charge you
>> that directly as an added charge during check-out. It's a nasty
>> surprise at the very end of the check-out process.
>
> Same as credit cards, nobody does anything for free.

PayID transfers are free. So are PayPal transfers between individuals
when the money is coming from a bank account rather than a card.

Plenty of bank accounts are free now too.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0qhb0FrgsmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2242&group=aus.computers#2242

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 11:12:12 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 00:12 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> That's the spin.
>>
>>Nope, that's the reality.
>
> And God save us all. every one!

There is no god, just an endless variety of crutches for pathetically
inadequate "minds"

>>> Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into your account?

>> Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.

> An institution as big as the Govt MUST have these transfer methods.

But they don't always choose to use them for various reasons,
most obviously with those who don't have a bank account.
A cheque works for more people and covers the situation of
people who choose not to give the govt their bank account details.

> Something screwy here.

Nope, easier for the govt that doesn't necessarily
have the current bank account details.

> It's almost 2022!

Only in your pathetic little fantasyland.

>>> Why Pay Pal?

>> Because they are a very efficient and
>> cheap way to move money internationally.

> One of the swarms already existing.

But not necessarily as easy to use as PayPal.

> I have used the Yellow & Black one. And the NAB page
> has an International Transfer" page like all the other banks.

And far higher fees to use that.

> Why Pay-payPal?

I pay them nothing.

> I have survived to warn thee!

Nope, you were too stupid to get your money.

>>> And where does PayPal get its money,

>> From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.

> You betcha, sucker!

Nope, I choose to use the transfers that incur no fee.

>>> and who pays.

> Ewe! You sheep.

Nope, I choose to use the transfers that incur no fee.

>> In the case of those moving the money, those
>> who send the money, depending on the source
>> of the money and whether it's between individuals
>> or otherwise and the account used for the source.

>>> Have they invented the Free Lunch?

>> Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
>> no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
>> full automatically from another bank account.

> No. What about the annual fee?

There is no annual fee. That's why I use that particular card.

> Sheeesh!

Shitting here cuts no mustard, stupid.

> For your info, the dealing in money
> is the world's 2nd oldest profession.

Wrong, as always. Heaps more before that, tool makers,
shepards, hunters, witch doctors, faith healers etc etc etc.

>> PayID transfers are free too.

> Well I might succumb to your horrible jibes and die.

Great, sooner the better. Look at what happened to the dead fucker.

> Then it will be too late for regret.

Even better.

> No they're all boozing in the boardroom from all the heinous profits.

They don't booze anymore, stupid.

Re: I love PayPal

<829gqgd0fabf4keju06lf2plnpe8qk8o5a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2243&group=aus.computers#2243

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 12:44:50 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <560gqg54qkutaian8giojgb5upjiga7n0f@4ax.com> <j0qhb0FrgsmU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 01:44 UTC

>>> Because they are a very efficient and
>>> cheap way to move money internationally.
>
>> One of the swarms already existing.
>
>But not necessarily as easy to use as PayPal.
>
>> I have used the Yellow & Black one. And the NAB page
>> has an International Transfer" page like all the other banks.
>
>And far higher fees to use that.
>
>> Why Pay-payPal?
>
>I pay them nothing.
>
>> I have survived to warn thee!
>
>Nope, you were too stupid to get your money.

How was I to do this? I tried everything and even rang their rep in
town who, of course, referred me to their "Terms & Conditions" web
page where the verbosity far exceeds its length. If I engage a lawyer
his fees will exceed the amount in question.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0qpokFt0gtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2244&group=aus.computers#2244

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 13:36:00 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <560gqg54qkutaian8giojgb5upjiga7n0f@4ax.com> <j0qhb0FrgsmU1@mid.individual.net> <829gqgd0fabf4keju06lf2plnpe8qk8o5a@4ax.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 02:36 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> One of the swarms already existing.
>>
>>But not necessarily as easy to use as PayPal.
>>
>>> I have used the Yellow & Black one. And the NAB page
>>> has an International Transfer" page like all the other banks.
>>
>>And far higher fees to use that.
>>
>>> Why Pay-payPal?
>>
>>I pay them nothing.
>>
>>> I have survived to warn thee!
>>
>>Nope, you were too stupid to get your money.
> How was I to do this?

Not hard to show ID.

> I tried everything and even rang their rep in town who,
> of course, referred me to their "Terms & Conditions"
> web page where the verbosity far exceeds its length.

All irrelevant to showing ID.

> If I engage a lawyer his fees will exceed the amount in question.

You don't need a lawyer, just a clue.