<ultima> netgod: My calculator has more registers than the x86, and -- thats- sad

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: As I have been saying all along

SubjectAuthor
* As I have been saying all alongRichard Dixon
`* Re: As I have been saying all alongMike Holmans
 +* Re: As I have been saying all alongmike
 |+- Re: As I have been saying all alongMike Holmans
 |`- Re: As I have been saying all alongDavid North
 +* Re: As I have been saying all alongRichard Dixon
 |`* Re: As I have been saying all alongMike Holmans
 | `* Re: As I have been saying all alongmax.it
 |  `- Re: As I have been saying all alongRobert Henderson
 `- Re: As I have been saying all alongSaffron Goonda

1
As I have been saying all along

<08166b57-1ebb-4ce0-9d66-c1663b81c105n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22178&group=uk.sport.cricket#22178

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:25:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: As I have been saying all along
From: richsdix...@gmail.com (Richard Dixon)
 by: Richard Dixon - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 15:25 UTC

The modern T20 thrashing and bat-wavy styles that are infiltrating Test cricket (along with foreigners) is ruining the modern game.

Take for example England's pathetic 8-session defeat to South Africa that epitomizes how it simply doesn't work at Test match level, if we conveniently overlook England's thrilling, exciting series victory over New Zealand only a couple of months ago.

Next!

Re: As I have been saying all along

<vrbvfht325ov79begnrakhns200asbd0sd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22182&group=uk.sport.cricket#22182

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: As I have been saying all along
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 17:06:27 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:06 UTC

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:25:02 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
<richsdixon1975@gmail.com> wrote:

>The modern T20 thrashing and bat-wavy styles that are infiltrating Test cricket (along with foreigners) is ruining the modern game.
>
>Take for example England's pathetic 8-session defeat to South Africa that epitomizes how it simply doesn't work at Test match level, if we conveniently overlook England's thrilling, exciting series victory over New Zealand only a couple of months ago.
>
>Next!

Everyone in the team said during the NZ series that this style of play
was bound to go horribly wrong at times, and lo and behold, they were
right. I'm shocked!

The problem with England's approach to Test cricket is that it only
works if you play well. This is of course rather limiting, since it's
in contrast to all those strategies in which we pursue success by
playing badly. I admit I thought we flogged that one to death in the
1990s, but I'm sure the local idiot will be recommending it any second
now. Anyway, the remedy for the ills of the last three days is to play
better next time. Revolutionary idea to put forward after a loss, I
know, but this is the new era.

It doesn't help a great deal, though, if you keep picking players who
aren't up to the job. As with Jason Roy in the white ball outfit,
Crawley hasn't been able to buy a run in any form of cricket all
season, and it's time he and we were put out of our misery having to
watch him steer/edge the ball at speed to third slip. Every fucking
innings.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: As I have been saying all along

<28f2e414-2be2-4966-97ea-8d1be8e662d2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22184&group=uk.sport.cricket#22184

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:23:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:23 UTC

On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 5:07:31 PM UTC+1, Mike Holmans wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:25:02 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
> <richsdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >The modern T20 thrashing and bat-wavy styles that are infiltrating Test cricket (along with foreigners) is ruining the modern game.
> >
> >Take for example England's pathetic 8-session defeat to South Africa that epitomizes how it simply doesn't work at Test match level, if we conveniently overlook England's thrilling, exciting series victory over New Zealand only a couple of months ago.
> >
> >Next!
> Everyone in the team said

the commentary team? not the england team surely...

> during the NZ series that this style of play
> was bound to go horribly wrong at times, and lo and behold, they were
> right. I'm shocked!

those 4 wins probably have encouraged complacency and hubris to take over.
perhaps they need some shattering defeats to wake them up to reality again.

> Crawley hasn't been able to buy a run in any form of cricket all
> season, and it's time he and we were put out of our misery having to
> watch him steer/edge the ball at speed to third slip. Every fucking
> innings.

but which lucky loser is in line to replace him? Brook is in the squad but does he
ever open for yorks?

mike

Re: As I have been saying all along

<4rfvfhtg3m27org3jp3bnlia9t60vikmrv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22189&group=uk.sport.cricket#22189

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:14:44 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 17:14 UTC

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 09:23:44 -0700 (PDT), mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 5:07:31 PM UTC+1, Mike Holmans wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:25:02 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
>> <richsdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >The modern T20 thrashing and bat-wavy styles that are infiltrating Test cricket (along with foreigners) is ruining the modern game.
>> >
>> >Take for example England's pathetic 8-session defeat to South Africa that epitomizes how it simply doesn't work at Test match level, if we conveniently overlook England's thrilling, exciting series victory over New Zealand only a couple of months ago.
>> >
>> >Next!
>> Everyone in the team said
>
>the commentary team? not the england team surely...

Yes. Stokes said it, Root said it, Bairstow said it, Anderson said it,
Broad said it (and though he's not in the team, Moeen Ali said it) -
in other words all the senior players said it. They're not stupid:
they can see the risks inherent in ultra-attacking play, and they're
prepared to accept them. They believe that it will work more often
than not. So far, it's worked 80% of the time.

>> during the NZ series that this style of play
>> was bound to go horribly wrong at times, and lo and behold, they were
>> right. I'm shocked!
>>

>those 4 wins probably have encouraged complacency and hubris to take over.
>perhaps they need some shattering defeats to wake them up to reality again.

Those 4 wins proved to them that their style will work if they play
well enough. If they don't, it won't and they will lose horribly, as
they have always known. Playing traditionally has been a notable
failure for the last several years, so it seems utterly bizarre to
suggest that they should revert to playing the kind of cricket which
meant they lost embarrassingly however well they played.

They don't need to be woken up to reality, and there's no complacency
or hubris about adopting a strategy which they know will fail on
occasions but will pay huge dividends on others. It's just not as
cautious as racist nitwits who live in the 1950s like. It takes a
certain amount of resilience and character to be able to dismiss
defeats as what goes with the territory, and it's the captain's job to
inspire them to keep the faith. But it's not hubris or complacency to
try and be the most dominant side in Test cricket.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: As I have been saying all along

<4715999f-c651-43c6-9977-bf06a528f130n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22195&group=uk.sport.cricket#22195

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: richsdix...@gmail.com (Richard Dixon)
 by: Richard Dixon - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 18:01 UTC

On Friday, 19 August 2022 at 17:07:31 UTC+1, Mike Holmans wrote:

> Crawley hasn't been able to buy a run in any form of cricket all
> season

I wonder why he would get such a long run in the side against all the evidence that he's possibly not up to technically and/or mentally?

Just get your Dulux colour chart out....

Oh

Re: As I have been saying all along

<0db45701-dfb4-4190-af65-a84c965bd0bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22197&group=uk.sport.cricket#22197

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:44:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: saffrong...@gmail.com (Saffron Goonda)
 by: Saffron Goonda - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 23:44 UTC

On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 1:24:50 PM UTC-7, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 8/19/2022 9:06 AM, Mike Holmans wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:25:02 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
> > <richsdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The modern T20 thrashing and bat-wavy styles that are infiltrating Test cricket (along with foreigners) is ruining the modern game.
> >>
> >> Take for example England's pathetic 8-session defeat to South Africa that epitomizes how it simply doesn't work at Test match level, if we conveniently overlook England's thrilling, exciting series victory over New Zealand only a couple of months ago.
> >>
> >> Next!
> >
> > Everyone in the team said during the NZ series that this style of play
> > was bound to go horribly wrong at times, and lo and behold, they were
> > right. I'm shocked!
> >
> > The problem with England's approach to Test cricket is that it only
> > works if you play well. This is of course rather limiting, since it's
> > in contrast to all those strategies in which we pursue success by
> > playing badly. I admit I thought we flogged that one to death in the
> > 1990s, but I'm sure the local idiot will be recommending it any second
> > now. Anyway, the remedy for the ills of the last three days is to play
> > better next time. Revolutionary idea to put forward after a loss, I
> > know, but this is the new era.
> >
> > It doesn't help a great deal, though, if you keep picking players who
> > aren't up to the job. As with Jason Roy in the white ball outfit,
> > Crawley hasn't been able to buy a run in any form of cricket all
> > season, and it's time he and we were put out of our misery having to
> > watch him steer/edge the ball at speed to third slip. Every fucking
> > innings.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Mike
> Crawley is lucky he is NOT POC.
>
> Resident LUNATIC Henderson would have posted a hundred threads already
> humiliating Crawley, and why he shouldn't be in the England team.

Resident RACIST LUNATIC FBInCIAnNSASmallPiece has posted a hundred threads already
humiliating the West, and why it shouldn't be part of humanity.

Meanwhile Crawley has won a Cricket Writer's Club award.

Re: As I have been saying all along

<jmcfo7F9a95U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22208&group=uk.sport.cricket#22208

From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 17:17:09 +0100
 by: David North - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 16:17 UTC

On 19/08/2022 17:23, mike wrote:
> On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 5:07:31 PM UTC+1, Mike Holmans wrote:
>>
>> Crawley hasn't been able to buy a run in any form of cricket all
>> season, and it's time he and we were put out of our misery having to
>> watch him steer/edge the ball at speed to third slip. Every fucking
>> innings.
>
> but which lucky loser is in line to replace him? Brook is in the squad but does he
> ever open for yorks?

According to the descriptions on Cricinfo's squad page, there is one
other "Top order Batter" in the squad. He's currently at #4 ...

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/south-africa-in-england-2022-1276896/england-first-and-second-test-squad-1327794/series-squads

--
David North

Re: As I have been saying all along

<b864gh5a9m0p1h4q34tt927utt0nbthtd8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22213&group=uk.sport.cricket#22213

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 12:41:12 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 11:41 UTC

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:01:50 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
<richsdixon1975@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, 19 August 2022 at 17:07:31 UTC+1, Mike Holmans wrote:
>
>> Crawley hasn't been able to buy a run in any form of cricket all
>> season
>
>I wonder why he would get such a long run in the side against all the evidence that he's possibly not up to technically and/or mentally?
>
>Just get your Dulux colour chart out....
>
>Oh

As a matter of interest, is the Geoff Boycott who is now fulminating
about attacking play any relation to the Geoff Boycott who said how
much he loved the way England were playing when they were winning
earlier in the season? It couldn't be that Geoff Boycott just says any
old rubbish which will gain clicks, could it, and that what he says
should be taken as seriously as any old rubbish from the resident
racist?

Cheers,

Mike

Re: As I have been saying all along

<0v94ghdgakhbv6bm4imf4spfedq3eot6v6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22214&group=uk.sport.cricket#22214

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 13:41:35 +0100
 by: max.it - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 12:41 UTC

On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 12:41:12 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:01:50 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
><richsdixon1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, 19 August 2022 at 17:07:31 UTC+1, Mike Holmans wrote:
>>
>>> Crawley hasn't been able to buy a run in any form of cricket all
>>> season
>>
>>I wonder why he would get such a long run in the side against all the evidence that he's possibly not up to technically and/or mentally?
>>
>>Just get your Dulux colour chart out....
>>
>>Oh
>
>As a matter of interest, is the Geoff Boycott who is now fulminating
>about attacking play any relation to the Geoff Boycott who said how
>much he loved the way England were playing when they were winning
>earlier in the season? It couldn't be that Geoff Boycott just says any
>old rubbish which will gain clicks, could it, and that what he says
>should be taken as seriously as any old rubbish from the resident
>racist?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

The story will always suit the tongue of the teller.

max.it

Re: As I have been saying all along

<882c2f14-6a62-4831-86ee-7e4b346119fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22216&group=uk.sport.cricket#22216

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 08:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 15:18 UTC

On Sunday, August 21, 2022 at 1:41:38 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 12:41:12 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
> wrote:
> >On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:01:50 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
> ><richsdi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>I wonder why he would get such a long run in the side against all the evidence that he's possibly not up to technically and/or mentally?
> >>
> >>Just get your Dulux colour chart out....
> >>
> >>Oh
> >
> >As a matter of interest, is the Geoff Boycott who is now fulminating
> >about attacking play any relation to the Geoff Boycott who said how
> >much he loved the way England were playing when they were winning
> >earlier in the season? It couldn't be that Geoff Boycott just says any
> >old rubbish which will gain clicks, could it, and that what he says
> >should be taken as seriously as any old rubbish from the resident
> >racist?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Mike
> The story will always suit the tongue of the teller.
>
> max.it

Hilarious example of moron's profundity ...RH

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: As I have been saying all along