Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux (Unknown source)

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

SubjectAuthor
* Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
+- Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceJNugent
+* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
|+* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||`* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
|| `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||  `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||   `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||    +- Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||    `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||     `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||      `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||       `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||        `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||         `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||          `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||           `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||            `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||             `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||              `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||               `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||                `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||                 `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||                  `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||                   `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
||                    `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
||                     `- Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceSpike
|`* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceJNugent
| `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
|  `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceJNugent
|   +* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
|   |`- Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceJNugent
|   `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
|    `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceJNugent
|     `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
|      `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceJNugent
|       `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceMike Collins
|        `* Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceJNugent
|         `- Re: Another septuagenarian suffers fairy-cyclist violenceJNugent
`- Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violenceBrian

Pages:12
Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k3t33cFesgkU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22312&group=uk.rec.cycling#22312

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence
Date: 31 Jan 2023 17:57:00 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 17:57 UTC

71-year-old punched in the face by cyclist in Culcheth
26th January
By Tom Bedworth

A 71-YEAR-OLD man was punched in the face by a cyclist in Culcheth on
Friday, January 20.

The incident was reported to Cheshire Police at around 6pm on Friday
evening.

Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that
he had been involved in an altercation with a cyclist when he got off the
bus.

The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he
got involved with a cyclist, who then punched him in the face.

He received an injury to his face, and was later taken to the hospital by
his partner, where he was treated for his injuries.

Speaking to the Warrington Guardian, a Cheshire Constabulary spokesperson
confirmed the incident took place on Friday in Culcheth, saying: "At 6.08pm
on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on
Common Lane, Culcheth.

"The victim, a 71-year-old man, reported that he had been involved in an
altercation with a cyclist after getting off a bus near Sainsbury's.

"During the altercation, the man was punched in the face causing an injury
to his face."

The spokesperson added: "Enquiries in relation to the incident are ongoing
and anyone with any information should contact Cheshire Police at
www.cheshire.police.uk/tell-us, or call 101, quoting IML 1460745."

<https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23277068.71-year-old-punched-face-cyclist-culcheth/>

--
Spike

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k3t5q6Ff90oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22316&group=uk.rec.cycling#22316

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:43:18 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:43 UTC

On 31/01/2023 05:57 pm, Spike wrote:

> 71-year-old punched in the face by cyclist in Culcheth
> 26th January
> By Tom Bedworth
>
> A 71-YEAR-OLD man was punched in the face by a cyclist in Culcheth on
> Friday, January 20.
>
> The incident was reported to Cheshire Police at around 6pm on Friday
> evening.
>
> Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that
> he had been involved in an altercation with a cyclist when he got off the
> bus.
>
> The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he
> got involved with a cyclist, who then punched him in the face.
>
> He received an injury to his face, and was later taken to the hospital by
> his partner, where he was treated for his injuries.
>
> Speaking to the Warrington Guardian, a Cheshire Constabulary spokesperson
> confirmed the incident took place on Friday in Culcheth, saying: "At 6.08pm
> on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on
> Common Lane, Culcheth.
>
> "The victim, a 71-year-old man, reported that he had been involved in an
> altercation with a cyclist after getting off a bus near Sainsbury's.
>
> "During the altercation, the man was punched in the face causing an injury
> to his face."
>
> The spokesperson added: "Enquiries in relation to the incident are ongoing
> and anyone with any information should contact Cheshire Police at
> www.cheshire.police.uk/tell-us, or call 101, quoting IML 1460745."
>
> <https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23277068.71-year-old-punched-face-cyclist-culcheth/>

That's fairy-cyclists for you.

They don't like it up 'em, mind, as another post somewhere near here
illustrates. They go running to Mummy when the pedestrian or driver
fights back.

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<37f7caa8-2f87-4e67-b77f-b438892f2118n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22327&group=uk.rec.cycling#22327

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 11:32:52 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 19:32 UTC

On Tuesday, 31 January 2023 at 17:57:02 UTC, Spike wrote:
> 71-year-old punched in the face by cyclist in Culcheth
> 26th January
> By Tom Bedworth
>
> A 71-YEAR-OLD man was punched in the face by a cyclist in Culcheth on
> Friday, January 20.
>
> The incident was reported to Cheshire Police at around 6pm on Friday
> evening.
>
> Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that
> he had been involved in an altercation with a cyclist when he got off the
> bus.
>
> The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he
> got involved with a cyclist, who then punched him in the face.
>
> He received an injury to his face, and was later taken to the hospital by
> his partner, where he was treated for his injuries.
>
> Speaking to the Warrington Guardian, a Cheshire Constabulary spokesperson
> confirmed the incident took place on Friday in Culcheth, saying: "At 6.08pm
> on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on
> Common Lane, Culcheth.
>
> "The victim, a 71-year-old man, reported that he had been involved in an
> altercation with a cyclist after getting off a bus near Sainsbury's.
>
> "During the altercation, the man was punched in the face causing an injury
> to his face."
>
> The spokesperson added: "Enquiries in relation to the incident are ongoing
> and anyone with any information should contact Cheshire Police at
> www.cheshire.police.uk/tell-us, or call 101, quoting IML 1460745."
>
> <https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23277068.71-year-old-punched-face-cyclist-culcheth/>
>
> --
> Spike

A cyclist was legally using The King's Highway when a pedestrian walked into his path and proceeded to assault the cyclist victim. The cyclist victim used minimum force in self defence and the aggressor suffered an injury. The victim chose not to press charges.

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k3t99dFfqd7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22330&group=uk.rec.cycling#22330

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 31 Jan 2023 19:42:37 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 19:42 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 31 January 2023 at 17:57:02 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> 71-year-old punched in the face by cyclist in Culcheth
>> 26th January
>> By Tom Bedworth
>>
>> A 71-YEAR-OLD man was punched in the face by a cyclist in Culcheth on
>> Friday, January 20.
>>
>> The incident was reported to Cheshire Police at around 6pm on Friday
>> evening.
>>
>> Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that
>> he had been involved in an altercation with a cyclist when he got off the
>> bus.
>>
>> The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he
>> got involved with a cyclist, who then punched him in the face.
>>
>> He received an injury to his face, and was later taken to the hospital by
>> his partner, where he was treated for his injuries.
>>
>> Speaking to the Warrington Guardian, a Cheshire Constabulary spokesperson
>> confirmed the incident took place on Friday in Culcheth, saying: "At 6.08pm
>> on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on
>> Common Lane, Culcheth.
>>
>> "The victim, a 71-year-old man, reported that he had been involved in an
>> altercation with a cyclist after getting off a bus near Sainsbury's.
>>
>> "During the altercation, the man was punched in the face causing an injury
>> to his face."
>>
>> The spokesperson added: "Enquiries in relation to the incident are ongoing
>> and anyone with any information should contact Cheshire Police at
>> www.cheshire.police.uk/tell-us, or call 101, quoting IML 1460745."
>>
>> <https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23277068.71-year-old-punched-face-cyclist-culcheth/>
>>

>> --
>> Spike

> A cyclist was legally using The King's Highway when a pedestrian walked
> into his path and proceeded to assault the cyclist victim. The cyclist
> victim used minimum force in self defence and the aggressor suffered an
> injury. The victim chose not to press charges.

That’s right up there with your ‘fourth power rule’.

--
Spike

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<trd5ku$8dsj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22340&group=uk.rec.cycling#22340

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 07:50:54 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:gre9zQ3lN/C1JXZ8HkghzRqX0Kk=
 by: Brian - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 07:50 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:

> 71-year-old punched in the face by cyclist in Culcheth
> 26th January
> By Tom Bedworth
>
> A 71-YEAR-OLD man was punched in the face by a cyclist in Culcheth on
> Friday, January 20.
>
> The incident was reported to Cheshire Police at around 6pm on Friday
> evening.
>
> Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that
> he had been involved in an altercation with a cyclist when he got off the
> bus.
>
> The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he
> got involved with a cyclist, who then punched him in the face.
>
> He received an injury to his face, and was later taken to the hospital by
> his partner, where he was treated for his injuries.
>
> Speaking to the Warrington Guardian, a Cheshire Constabulary spokesperson
> confirmed the incident took place on Friday in Culcheth, saying: "At 6.08pm
> on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on
> Common Lane, Culcheth.
>
> "The victim, a 71-year-old man, reported that he had been involved in an
> altercation with a cyclist after getting off a bus near Sainsbury's.
>
> "During the altercation, the man was punched in the face causing an injury
> to his face."
>
> The spokesperson added: "Enquiries in relation to the incident are ongoing
> and anyone with any information should contact Cheshire Police at
> www.cheshire.police.uk/tell-us, or call 101, quoting IML 1460745."
>
> <https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23277068.71-year-old-punched-face-cyclist-culcheth/>

Buses have there doors on the near side. Either the cyclist was on the
pavement or ‘undertaking’ a bus at the bus stop. Both irresponsible and
dangerous.

Plus, if bikes had number plates, there would be a better chance of finding
the rider.

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<88f25e0c-dd24-4e86-9b36-7f3357a655e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22342&group=uk.rec.cycling#22342

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 00:58:09 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 08:58 UTC

On Tuesday, 31 January 2023 at 19:42:40 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 31 January 2023 at 17:57:02 UTC, Spike wrote:
> >> 71-year-old punched in the face by cyclist in Culcheth
> >> 26th January
> >> By Tom Bedworth
> >>
> >> A 71-YEAR-OLD man was punched in the face by a cyclist in Culcheth on
> >> Friday, January 20.
> >>
> >> The incident was reported to Cheshire Police at around 6pm on Friday
> >> evening.
> >>
> >> Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that
> >> he had been involved in an altercation with a cyclist when he got off the
> >> bus.
> >>
> >> The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he
> >> got involved with a cyclist, who then punched him in the face.
> >>
> >> He received an injury to his face, and was later taken to the hospital by
> >> his partner, where he was treated for his injuries.
> >>
> >> Speaking to the Warrington Guardian, a Cheshire Constabulary spokesperson
> >> confirmed the incident took place on Friday in Culcheth, saying: "At 6..08pm
> >> on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on
> >> Common Lane, Culcheth.
> >>
> >> "The victim, a 71-year-old man, reported that he had been involved in an
> >> altercation with a cyclist after getting off a bus near Sainsbury's.
> >>
> >> "During the altercation, the man was punched in the face causing an injury
> >> to his face."
> >>
> >> The spokesperson added: "Enquiries in relation to the incident are ongoing
> >> and anyone with any information should contact Cheshire Police at
> >> www.cheshire.police.uk/tell-us, or call 101, quoting IML 1460745."
> >>
> >> <https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23277068.71-year-old-punched-face-cyclist-culcheth/>
> >>

> >> --
> >> Spike
>
> > A cyclist was legally using The King's Highway when a pedestrian walked
> > into his path and proceeded to assault the cyclist victim. The cyclist
> > victim used minimum force in self defence and the aggressor suffered an
> > injury. The victim chose not to press charges.
> That’s right up there with your ‘fourth power rule’.
>
> --
> Spike

It's a perfectly valid interpretation of the stated facts for someone who was not there.

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k3uqh3FmthoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22346&group=uk.rec.cycling#22346

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 1 Feb 2023 09:42:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 09:42 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 31 January 2023 at 19:42:40 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> A cyclist was legally using The King's Highway when a pedestrian walked
>>> into his path and proceeded to assault the cyclist victim. The cyclist
>>> victim used minimum force in self defence and the aggressor suffered an
>>> injury. The victim chose not to press charges.

>> That’s right up there with your ‘fourth power rule’.
>>
>> --
>> Spike

> It's a perfectly valid interpretation of the stated facts for someone who was not there.

That’s right up there with your ‘fourth power rule’: not a fact in sight.

--
Spike

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<749e191c-bd8c-412c-8034-7620ee8b9b9bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22361&group=uk.rec.cycling#22361

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 09:00:20 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 17:00 UTC

On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 09:43:02 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That’s right up there with your ‘fourth power rule’.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Spike
>
> > It's a perfectly valid interpretation of the stated facts for someone who was not there.
> That’s right up there with your ‘fourth power rule’: not a fact in sight.
>
> --
> Spike
So what are the undisputed facts of the case?

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k3vl2tFqsdiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22363&group=uk.rec.cycling#22363

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 1 Feb 2023 17:16:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 17:16 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 09:43:02 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It's a perfectly valid interpretation of the stated facts for someone who was not there.
>> That’s right up there with your ‘fourth power rule’: not a fact in sight.
>>
>> --
>> Spike

> So what are the undisputed facts of the case?

You mean you don’t agree with your own assessment?!

--
Spike

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<50c96f7c-95e4-4f71-ab9c-d66524569c1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22364&group=uk.rec.cycling#22364

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 09:17:41 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 17:17 UTC

On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 17:16:16 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That’s right up there with your ‘fourth power rule’: not a fact in sight.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Spike
>
> > So what are the undisputed facts of the case?
> You mean you don’t agree with your own assessment?!
>
> --
> Spike
Where did I say it was my assessment?

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<0287977f-556c-4350-9743-8f220303ae58n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22365&group=uk.rec.cycling#22365

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 09:24:04 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 17:24 UTC

On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 17:16:16 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That’s right up there with your ‘fourth power rule’: not a fact in sight.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Spike
>
> > So what are the undisputed facts of the case?
> You mean you don’t agree with your own assessment?!
>
> --
> Spike

71 yo man got off a bus
Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist
71yo man gets a facial injury

Those are the only facts

No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.
"71 year old victim" pure speculation.

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k3vnv7Frc8tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22368&group=uk.rec.cycling#22368

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 1 Feb 2023 18:05:27 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 18:05 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 17:16:16 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> So what are the undisputed facts of the case?
>> You mean you don’t agree with your own assessment?!
>>
>> --
>> Spike
>
> 71 yo man got off a bus
> Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist
> 71yo man gets a facial injury
>
> Those are the only facts
>
> No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.
> "71 year old victim" pure speculation.

Well, well, you’ve wound your neck in somewhat.

--
Spike

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<32c2f16b-3a1f-4475-a141-6eb65893db66n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22372&group=uk.rec.cycling#22372

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 10:23:04 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 18:23 UTC

On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 18:05:30 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> You mean you don’t agree with your own assessment?!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Spike
> >
> > 71 yo man got off a bus
> > Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist
> > 71yo man gets a facial injury
> >
> > Those are the only facts
> >
> > No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.
> > "71 year old victim" pure speculation.
> Well, well, you’ve wound your neck in somewhat.
>
> --
> Spike
So you agree my interpretation of events was possible.
I look forward to reading your public apology.

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k3vtm9Fs8oqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22373&group=uk.rec.cycling#22373

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 1 Feb 2023 19:43:05 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 19:43 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 18:05:30 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 71 yo man got off a bus
>>> Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist
>>> 71yo man gets a facial injury
>>>
>>> Those are the only facts
>>>
>>> No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.
>>> "71 year old victim" pure speculation.
>> Well, well, you’ve wound your neck in somewhat.
>>
>> --
>> Spike
> So you agree my interpretation of events was possible.
> I look forward to reading your public apology.

To put it another way: when challenged, you changed your tune.

--
Spike

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<80933870-235a-4c4f-8010-107db32b6bc8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22395&group=uk.rec.cycling#22395

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 07:24:09 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 15:24 UTC

On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 19:43:09 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Well, well, you’ve wound your neck in somewhat.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Spike
> > So you agree my interpretation of events was possible.
> > I look forward to reading your public apology.
> To put it another way: when challenged, you changed your tune.
>
> --
> Spike
No, I highlighted the minimal number of actual facts in the article and offered an alternative interpretation.

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k426pcF8fabU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22396&group=uk.rec.cycling#22396

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 2 Feb 2023 16:30:36 GMT
<k3vtm9Fs8oqU1@mid.individual.net>
<80933870-235a-4c4f-8010-107db32b6bc8n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Spike - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 16:30 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 February 2023 at 19:43:09 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> So you agree my interpretation of events was possible.
>>> I look forward to reading your public apology.
>> To put it another way: when challenged, you changed your tune.
>>
>> --
>> Spike

> No, I highlighted the minimal number of actual facts in the article and
> offered an alternative interpretation.

Here’s what you said:

QUOTE

Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist

71yo man gets a facial injury

Those are the only facts

No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.

"71 year old victim" pure speculation.

ENDQUOTE

I’d say that you changed your tune….

--
Spike

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<be8316a6-d8c7-4267-b859-d2b84e18b98an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22398&group=uk.rec.cycling#22398

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 08:52:48 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 16:52 UTC

On Thursday, 2 February 2023 at 16:30:39 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> To put it another way: when challenged, you changed your tune.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Spike
>
> > No, I highlighted the minimal number of actual facts in the article and
> > offered an alternative interpretation.
> Here’s what you said:
>
> QUOTE
> Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist
>
> 71yo man gets a facial injury
>
> Those are the only facts
>
> No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.
>
> "71 year old victim" pure speculation.
> ENDQUOTE
>
> I’d say that you changed your tune….
>
> --
> Spike

Try again and cite what I actually posted.

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k428v9F8p7tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22400&group=uk.rec.cycling#22400

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 2 Feb 2023 17:07:53 GMT
<k3vtm9Fs8oqU1@mid.individual.net>
<80933870-235a-4c4f-8010-107db32b6bc8n@googlegroups.com>
<k426pcF8fabU1@mid.individual.net>
<be8316a6-d8c7-4267-b859-d2b84e18b98an@googlegroups.com>
 by: Spike - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 17:07 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 February 2023 at 16:30:39 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, I highlighted the minimal number of actual facts in the article and
>>> offered an alternative interpretation.
>> Here’s what you said:
>>
>> QUOTE
>> Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist
>>
>> 71yo man gets a facial injury
>>
>> Those are the only facts
>>
>> No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.
>>
>> "71 year old victim" pure speculation.
>> ENDQUOTE
>>
>> I’d say that you changed your tune….
>>
>> --
>> Spike
>
> Try again and cite what I actually posted.

QUOTE

71 yo man got off a bus

Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist

71yo man gets a facial injury

Those are the only facts

No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.

"71 year old victim" pure speculation.

ENDQUOTE

HTH

--
Spike

Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<b2cb48ff-5e7e-4cd1-85b9-978934d5a2f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22401&group=uk.rec.cycling#22401

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 10:11:47 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 18:11 UTC

On Thursday, 2 February 2023 at 17:07:57 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Here’s what you said:
> >>
> >> QUOTE
> >> Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist
> >>
> >> 71yo man gets a facial injury
> >>
> >> Those are the only facts
> >>
> >> No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.
> >>
> >> "71 year old victim" pure speculation.
> >> ENDQUOTE
> >>
> >> I’d say that you changed your tune….
> >>
> >> --
> >> Spike
> >
> > Try again and cite what I actually posted.
> >
> QUOTE
> 71 yo man got off a bus
>
> Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist
>
> 71yo man gets a facial injury
>
> Those are the only facts
>
> No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.
>
> "71 year old victim" pure speculation.
> ENDQUOTE
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Spike

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<k42h21Fa17iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22404&group=uk.rec.cycling#22404

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 2 Feb 2023 19:25:53 GMT
<k3vtm9Fs8oqU1@mid.individual.net>
<80933870-235a-4c4f-8010-107db32b6bc8n@googlegroups.com>
<k426pcF8fabU1@mid.individual.net>
<be8316a6-d8c7-4267-b859-d2b84e18b98an@googlegroups.com>
<k428v9F8p7tU1@mid.individual.net>
<b2cb48ff-5e7e-4cd1-85b9-978934d5a2f1n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Spike - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 19:25 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 February 2023 at 17:07:57 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Try again and cite what I actually posted.
>>>
>> QUOTE
>> 71 yo man got off a bus
>>
>> Altercation between 71yo man and cyclist
>>
>> 71yo man gets a facial injury
>>
>> Those are the only facts
>>
>> No evidence of the alleged punch by the cyclist.
>>
>> "71 year old victim" pure speculation.
>> ENDQUOTE
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> --
>> Spike
>
> Exactly, glad you agree.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<de1d3946-f5ec-46a7-bde6-ce129699a042n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22408&group=uk.rec.cycling#22408

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 11:37:24 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 19:37 UTC

<k42p1oFb6r6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22410&group=uk.rec.cycling#22410

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 2 Feb 2023 21:42:16 GMT
<k3vtm9Fs8oqU1@mid.individual.net>
<80933870-235a-4c4f-8010-107db32b6bc8n@googlegroups.com>
<k426pcF8fabU1@mid.individual.net>
<be8316a6-d8c7-4267-b859-d2b84e18b98an@googlegroups.com>
<k428v9F8p7tU1@mid.individual.net>
<b2cb48ff-5e7e-4cd1-85b9-978934d5a2f1n@googlegroups.com>
<k42h21Fa17iU1@mid.individual.net>
<de1d3946-f5ec-46a7-bde6-ce129699a042n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Spike - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 21:42 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 February 2023 at 19:25:57 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Exactly, glad you agree.
>> I agree you changed your tune.
>>
>> --
>> Spike
>
> Still waiting for your apology.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<afd6afd6-a31f-4674-9847-08a447fcccc8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22415&group=uk.rec.cycling#22415

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 08:03:56 -0800 (PST)
<k3t99dFfqd7U1@mid.individual.net> <88f25e0c-dd24-4e86-9b36-7f3357a655e0n@googlegroups.com>
<k3uqh3FmthoU1@mid.individual.net> <749e191c-bd8c-412c-8034-7620ee8b9b9bn@googlegroups.com>
<k3vl2tFqsdiU1@mid.individual.net> <0287977f-556c-4350-9743-8f220303ae58n@googlegroups.com>
<k3vnv7Frc8tU1@mid.individual.net> <32c2f16b-3a1f-4475-a141-6eb65893db66n@googlegroups.com>
<k3vtm9Fs8oqU1@mid.individual.net> <80933870-235a-4c4f-8010-107db32b6bc8n@googlegroups.com>
<k426pcF8fabU1@mid.individual.net> <be8316a6-d8c7-4267-b859-d2b84e18b98an@googlegroups.com>
<k428v9F8p7tU1@mid.individual.net> <b2cb48ff-5e7e-4cd1-85b9-978934d5a2f1n@googlegroups.com>
<k42h21Fa17iU1@mid.individual.net> <de1d3946-f5ec-46a7-bde6-ce129699a042n@googlegroups.com>
<k42p1oFb6r6U1@mid.individual.net>
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Feb 2023 16:03 UTC

<k44rl1FkvdlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22416&group=uk.rec.cycling#22416

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 3 Feb 2023 16:38:57 GMT
<k3vtm9Fs8oqU1@mid.individual.net>
<80933870-235a-4c4f-8010-107db32b6bc8n@googlegroups.com>
<k426pcF8fabU1@mid.individual.net>
<be8316a6-d8c7-4267-b859-d2b84e18b98an@googlegroups.com>
<k428v9F8p7tU1@mid.individual.net>
<b2cb48ff-5e7e-4cd1-85b9-978934d5a2f1n@googlegroups.com>
<k42h21Fa17iU1@mid.individual.net>
<de1d3946-f5ec-46a7-bde6-ce129699a042n@googlegroups.com>
<k42p1oFb6r6U1@mid.individual.net>
<afd6afd6-a31f-4674-9847-08a447fcccc8n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Spike - Fri, 3 Feb 2023 16:38 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 February 2023 at 21:42:20 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Still waiting for your apology.
>> Still waiting for you to get your act together.
>>
>> --
>> Spike
>

> Act1: Someone posts an unsubstantiated report
> Act2: Alternative interpretations of the facts are posted
>
> Act3 is up to you

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Another septuagenarian suffers cyclist violence

<a1debe9f-7429-4b88-9906-7b805494d829n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22421&group=uk.rec.cycling#22421

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 10:01:42 -0800 (PST)
<k42p1oFb6r6U1@mid.individual.net> <afd6afd6-a31f-4674-9847-08a447fcccc8n@googlegroups.com>
<k44rl1FkvdlU1@mid.individual.net>
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Feb 2023 18:01 UTC