From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: A great tool for the grounds
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 23:07:36 +0100
 by: max.it - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 22:07 UTC

In July I was attending a wedding at a place that was a church on a
farm, a few cottages for guests and a big barn type function room
place. During the mingling and waiting on photographers, I slipped off
around the farmyard for a nosey around. First kick of the ball, a TE20
(wee grey Fergie) with a flat wheel.
I was thinking there is no better tool for cricket grounds work than
an old Fergie. Fit it with turf tyres and with the 3 point linkage
every job apart from the close work on the square can be done.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a machine that is almost 70 years old.
Or else I'll just service my own wee tractor and quit the dreaming.
Seriously if in the 40s and 50s turf care was as important as soil for
growing food care was, the tools for turf care would have been
invented to fit the Ferguson system years and years ago.

They are available these days - on Kubutos and other mini tractors.

max.it