aus+uk / aus.cars / OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

SubjectAuthor
* OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Yosemite Sam
+* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Computer Nerd Kev
|`* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Yosemite Sam
| +- Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Petzl
| `- Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Clocky
`* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Clocky
 `* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Yosemite Sam
  `- Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Clocky

1
OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3kpipF68dqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22367&group=aus.cars#22367

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv,aus.computers
Subject: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 01:25:17 +1100
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.15
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 14:25 UTC

I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<63d5ad18@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22369&group=aus.cars#22369

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Subject: Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv,aus.computers
Date: 29 Jan 2023 09:17:45 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 23:17 UTC

In aus.tv Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now> wrote:

> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?

I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.

I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
sought after.

I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
them away. Or I suppose some people just one one NOW and don't want
to wait or drive far to collect.

Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.

PS Click on the "sold listings" link on Ebay and you can see for
yourself whether people are really buying them (filter for your
local area too, if it's out of a major city).

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<63d5adcf$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22370&group=aus.cars#22370

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 07:20:46 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 23:20 UTC

On 28/01/2023 10:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items
> now?

They are not my thing but if they have A/V inputs or can be modded to
accept A/V inputs the retro gaming crowd pay money for them. They are
certainly getting $400 or even more for desirable/collectible models -
that doesn't mean yours are but who knows. There are also general CRT TV
collectors. If you like I can ask in the right groups if anyone would be
interested in them and how much they would pay. Send me a photo of them
with model number and whether they work or not and I'll let you know.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3lts7FbjnfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22376&group=aus.cars#22376

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv,aus.computers
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:44:43 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 00:44 UTC

Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> In aus.tv Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now> wrote:
>> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
>> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
>> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?
> I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.
>
> I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
> old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
> ~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
> crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
> specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
> sought after.
>
> I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
> though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
> them away. Or I suppose some people just want one NOW and don't want
> to wait or drive far to collect.
>
> Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
> for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
> waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
> live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
> wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.

I thought of putting one on eBay for auction starting at $50 and see
what happens. if bidding takes off, I'll know it's worth more and will
see what it finally sells for. then I can hold out for a good price for
the other one. if nothing happens I'll put drop the starting price, and
if still nothing put them on for $1 each. (you can't put stuff free on eBay)

both are in pristine condition, work perfectly, and I have the remotes
and manuals for them. One is a Sony Trinitron and the other JVC (I don't
have access to them right now so can't post model numbers) and both have
AV inputs.

> PS Click on the "sold listings" link on Ebay and you can see for
> yourself whether people are really buying them (filter for your
> local area too, if it's out of a major city).

thanks, I didn't know that. will take a look.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3lu2eFbl3oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22377&group=aus.cars#22377

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:48:00 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 00:48 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> On 28/01/2023 10:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I
>> need to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for
>> them! not suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become
>> collectors items now?
>>

> They are not my thing but if they have A/V inputs or can be modded to
> accept A/V inputs the retro gaming crowd pay money for them. They are
> certainly getting $400 or even more for desirable/collectible models -
> that doesn't mean yours are but who knows. There are also general CRT
> TV collectors. If you like I can ask in the right groups if anyone
> would be interested in them and how much they would pay. Send me a
> photo of them with model number and whether they work or not and I'll
> let you know.

Ok will do thanks Clocky. I'm nursing a shoulder injury at present which
isn't conducive to handling them, but I will do it eventually.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<grgbth9odto50308ipv47dd4hrr34dp6ck@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22378&group=aus.cars#22378

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv,aus.computers
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 12:10:16 +1100
 by: Petzl - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 01:10 UTC

On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:44:43 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
wrote:

>Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>> In aus.tv Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now> wrote:
>>> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
>>> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
>>> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?
>> I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.
>>
>> I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
>> old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
>> ~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
>> crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
>> specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
>> sought after.
>>
>> I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
>> though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
>> them away. Or I suppose some people just want one NOW and don't want
>> to wait or drive far to collect.
>>
>> Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
>> for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
>> waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
>> live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
>> wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.
>
>I thought of putting one on eBay for auction starting at $50 and see
>what happens. if bidding takes off, I'll know it's worth more and will
>see what it finally sells for. then I can hold out for a good price for
>the other one. if nothing happens I'll put drop the starting price, and
>if still nothing put them on for $1 each. (you can't put stuff free on eBay)
>
>both are in pristine condition, work perfectly, and I have the remotes
>and manuals for them. One is a Sony Trinitron and the other JVC (I don't
>have access to them right now so can't post model numbers) and both have
>AV inputs.
>

>> PS Click on the "sold listings" link on Ebay and you can see for
>> yourself whether people are really buying them (filter for your
>> local area too, if it's out of a major city).
>>

>thanks, I didn't know that. will take a look.

Try a auction if you wish to be rid of them (may or not surprise you).
Bought my 2nd hand (VER2 ?) "Razor Cynosa Chroma" usb keyboard for $19
really pleased with it, BRIGHT backlit letters, waterproof keyboard,

Rod Speed is envious, very good condition, perfection (*except* the
keyboard ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ display reversed [should be marked on
top of keys], will take getting used to ).
--
Petzl
You funny guy, I'll kill you last.

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<tr4vpv$2kj5d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22384&group=aus.cars#22384

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 13:22:07 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 05:22 UTC

On 29/01/2023 8:48 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> On 28/01/2023 10:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I
>>> need to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for
>>> them! not suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become
>>> collectors items now?
>>>

>> They are not my thing but if they have A/V inputs or can be modded to
>> accept A/V inputs the retro gaming crowd pay money for them. They are
>> certainly getting $400 or even more for desirable/collectible models -
>> that doesn't mean yours are but who knows. There are also general CRT
>> TV collectors. If you like I can ask in the right groups if anyone
>> would be interested in them and how much they would pay. Send me a
>> photo of them with model number and whether they work or not and I'll
>> let you know.
>>

> Ok will do thanks Clocky. I'm nursing a shoulder injury at present which
> isn't conducive to handling them, but I will do it eventually.

Yeah no worries whenever mate.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<tr4vt4$2kj5d$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22385&group=aus.cars#22385

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 13:23:48 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 05:23 UTC

On 29/01/2023 8:44 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>> In aus.tv Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now> wrote:
>>> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
>>> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
>>> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors
>>> items now?
>> I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.
>>
>> I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
>> old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
>> ~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
>> crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
>> specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
>> sought after.
>>
>> I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
>> though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
>> them away. Or I suppose some people just want one NOW and don't want
>> to wait or drive far to collect.
>>
>> Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
>> for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
>> waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
>> live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
>> wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.
>
> I thought of putting one on eBay for auction starting at $50 and see
> what happens. if bidding takes off, I'll know it's worth more and will
> see what it finally sells for. then I can hold out for a good price for
> the other one. if nothing happens I'll put drop the starting price, and
> if still nothing put them on for $1 each. (you can't put stuff free on
> eBay)
>
> both are in pristine condition, work perfectly, and I have the remotes
> and manuals for them. One is a Sony Trinitron and the other JVC (I don't
> have access to them right now so can't post model numbers) and both have
> AV inputs.

Trinitrons are generally sought after. JVC probably too but depends on
model.