The sky is blue so we know where to stop mowing. -- Judge Harold T. Stone

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Moeen Ali appointed England captain

SubjectAuthor
* Moeen Ali appointed England captainMike Holmans
`* Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainmax.it
 `* Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainJohn Hall
  +* Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainRobert Henderson
  |`* Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainNajeeb ybo
  | `* Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainRobert Henderson
  |  `* Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainNajeeb ybo
  |   `* Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainRobert Henderson
  |    `* Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainNajeeb ybo
  |     `* Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainRobert Henderson
  |      +- Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainNajeeb ybo
  |      `- Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainRobert Henderson
  `- Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captainmax.it

1
Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<h5iugh1oh3d1967qfqfp4b1h3rj7tuudj1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22388&group=uk.sport.cricket#22388

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Moeen Ali appointed England captain
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:43:41 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:43 UTC

Buttler isn't going to be fit for the white-ball tour of Pakistan, so
Moeen Ali will be leading the side.

I'm sure our resident lunatic will be suitably pleased.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<bjgvgh52qu23t8s4ui7fvoskknd9ko4kon@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22393&group=uk.sport.cricket#22393

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 21:31:03 +0100
 by: max.it - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 20:31 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:43:41 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>Buttler isn't going to be fit for the white-ball tour of Pakistan, so
>Moeen Ali will be leading the side.
>
>I'm sure our resident lunatic will be suitably pleased.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Shame about Buttler, he was just getting settled in, no doubt he'll be
back repaired and rested and ready to go.

Moeen is the man for the job and I'd back him to do a good job.
We'll find soon enough.

Pakistan is suffering serious flooding right now. The loss of life is
a big number and counting. When people are watching the games on tv
don't forget that within maybe an hour or two drive people are dying
in the chaos.

max.it

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<0ZCjRVBjzFEjFwhX@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22397&group=uk.sport.cricket#22397

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 08:18:59 +0100
 by: John Hall - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 07:18 UTC

In message <bjgvgh52qu23t8s4ui7fvoskknd9ko4kon@4ax.com>, max. it
<max@tea.time> writes
>On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:43:41 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Buttler isn't going to be fit for the white-ball tour of Pakistan, so
>>Moeen Ali will be leading the side.
>>
>>I'm sure our resident lunatic will be suitably pleased.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Mike
>
>Shame about Buttler, he was just getting settled in, no doubt he'll be
>back repaired and rested and ready to go.
>
>Moeen is the man for the job and I'd back him to do a good job.
>We'll find soon enough.

It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent.

>Pakistan is suffering serious flooding right now. The loss of life is
>a big number and counting. When people are watching the games on tv
>don't forget that within maybe an hour or two drive people are dying
>in the chaos.
>
>max.it

Very true, but I'm afraid we WILL soon forget.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<3e615d63-d379-4bcc-a35a-46f1666dacf2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22412&group=uk.sport.cricket#22412

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 08:13:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:13 UTC

On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 8:22:24 AM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> In message <bjgvgh52qu23t8s4u...@4ax.com>, max. it
> <m...@tea.time> writes
> >On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:43:41 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Buttler isn't going to be fit for the white-ball tour of Pakistan, so
> >>Moeen Ali will be leading the side.
> >>
> >>I'm sure our resident lunatic will be suitably pleased.
> >>
> >>Cheers,
> >>
> >>Mike
> >
> >Shame about Buttler, he was just getting settled in, no doubt he'll be
> >back repaired and rested and ready to go.
> >
> >Moeen is the man for the job and I'd back him to do a good job.
> >We'll find soon enough.
> It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
> captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent.

Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH

> >Pakistan is suffering serious flooding right now. The loss of life is
> >a big number and counting. When people are watching the games on tv
> >don't forget that within maybe an hour or two drive people are dying
> >in the chaos.
> >
> >max.it
> Very true, but I'm afraid we WILL soon forget.
> --
> John Hall
> "Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
> But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
> Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<9891726d-dffb-49bd-b848-94dbc8c496fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22414&group=uk.sport.cricket#22414

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 08:42:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: najeeb...@gmail.com (Najeeb ybo)
 by: Najeeb ybo - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:42 UTC

On Thursday, 1 September 2022 at 16:13:51 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 8:22:24 AM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> > In message <bjgvgh52qu23t8s4u...@4ax.com>, max. it
> > <m...@tea.time> writes

> > >Shame about Buttler, he was just getting settled in, no doubt he'll be
> > >back repaired and rested and ready to go.
> > >
> > >Moeen is the man for the job and I'd back him to do a good job.
> > >We'll find soon enough.

> > It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
> > captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent.

> Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH

No, it's absolutely normal for the vice captain to lead the side in the absence of the captain. How come such a great cricket expert like you didn't already know that?
Can you tell me if you think the vice captain shouldn't lead the side and why not?

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<d55e36e2-93ee-4d30-af29-f9056ddd7663n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22415&group=uk.sport.cricket#22415

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 09:48:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 16:48 UTC

On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 4:42:26 PM UTC+1, Najeeb ybo wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 September 2022 at 16:13:51 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 8:22:24 AM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> > > In message <bjgvgh52qu23t8s4u...@4ax.com>, max. it
> > > <m...@tea.time> writes

> > > It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
> > > captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent.
>

> > Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH
> No, it's absolutely normal for the vice captain to lead the side in the absence of the captain. How come such a great cricket expert like you didn't already know that?
> Can you tell me if you think the vice captain shouldn't lead the side and why not?

Er, " It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent." Nothing about vice captaincy . RH

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<9327508e-5780-4329-a218-216745aecf80n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22417&group=uk.sport.cricket#22417

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: najeeb...@gmail.com (Najeeb ybo)
 by: Najeeb ybo - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 17:22 UTC

On Thursday, 1 September 2022 at 17:48:46 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 4:42:26 PM UTC+1, Najeeb ybo wrote:

> > > Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH

> > No, it's absolutely normal for the vice captain to lead the side in the absence of the captain. How come such a great cricket expert like you didn't already know that?
> > Can you tell me if you think the vice captain shouldn't lead the side and why not?

> Er, " It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
> captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent." Nothing about vice captaincy . RH

Do you think that the vice captain shouldn't lead the team in the absence and why not?

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<c6e2hhpbn80gmu7purqsefnivlu0btodob@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22419&group=uk.sport.cricket#22419

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 00:05:31 +0100
 by: max.it - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 23:05 UTC

On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 08:18:59 +0100, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk>
wrote:

>In message <bjgvgh52qu23t8s4ui7fvoskknd9ko4kon@4ax.com>, max. it
><max@tea.time> writes
>>On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:43:41 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Buttler isn't going to be fit for the white-ball tour of Pakistan, so
>>>Moeen Ali will be leading the side.
>>>
>>>I'm sure our resident lunatic will be suitably pleased.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>Mike
>>
>>Shame about Buttler, he was just getting settled in, no doubt he'll be
>>back repaired and rested and ready to go.
>>
>>Moeen is the man for the job and I'd back him to do a good job.
>>We'll find soon enough.
>
>It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
>captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent.

Well Moeen is a good role model for England cricket diplomacy.

>>Pakistan is suffering serious flooding right now. The loss of life is
>>a big number and counting. When people are watching the games on tv
>>don't forget that within maybe an hour or two drive people are dying
>>in the chaos.
>>
>>max.it
>
>Very true, but I'm afraid we WILL soon forget.

Yup, We live in a world of flashing headlines that lose their lustre
very quickly.

max.it

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<920f6abe-4f87-4ab6-ae3e-2d13e7b608a8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22422&group=uk.sport.cricket#22422

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 00:51:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 07:51 UTC

On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 6:22:53 PM UTC+1, Najeeb ybo wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 September 2022 at 17:48:46 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > No, it's absolutely normal for the vice captain to lead the side in the absence of the captain. How come such a great cricket expert like you didn't already know that?
> > > Can you tell me if you think the vice captain shouldn't lead the side and why not?
>

> > Er, " It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
> > captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent." Nothing about vice captaincy . RH
> Do you think that the vice captain shouldn't lead the team in the absence and why not?

Er, " It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent." Nothing about vice captaincy . RH

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<c5b9150f-17b6-46cf-b881-bf5686bc1318n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22425&group=uk.sport.cricket#22425

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 06:55:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: najeeb...@gmail.com (Najeeb ybo)
 by: Najeeb ybo - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 13:55 UTC

On Friday, 2 September 2022 at 08:51:03 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 6:22:53 PM UTC+1, Najeeb ybo wrote:

> > > Er, " It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
> > > captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent." Nothing about vice captaincy . RH
> > Do you think that the vice captain shouldn't lead the team in the absence and why not?
>

> Er, " It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
> captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent." Nothing about vice captaincy . RH

Ah I see, you must be too stupid or too frightened to answer.

You said -
"Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH"

I asked -
Can you tell me if you think the vice captain shouldn't lead the side and why not?

You haven't answered yet and you usually have so much to say.

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<0bf288a3-54fd-429a-981f-43322c3f082bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22426&group=uk.sport.cricket#22426

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 08:26:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 15:26 UTC

On Friday, September 2, 2022 at 2:55:56 PM UTC+1, Najeeb ybo wrote:
> On Friday, 2 September 2022 at 08:51:03 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Do you think that the vice captain shouldn't lead the team in the absence and why not?
> >

> > Er, " It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
> > captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent." Nothing about vice captaincy . RH
> Ah I see, you must be too stupid or too frightened to answer.
>
> You said -
> "Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH"
> I asked -
> Can you tell me if you think the vice captain shouldn't lead the side and why not?
> You haven't answered yet and you usually have so much to say.

SIGH. Neither you nor any other member of the ng has addressed my point which is " "Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH"

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<c73e36b5-50a4-431b-a9fb-4b0a8bc442den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22427&group=uk.sport.cricket#22427

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 09:03:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: najeeb...@gmail.com (Najeeb ybo)
 by: Najeeb ybo - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 16:03 UTC

On Friday, 2 September 2022 at 16:26:35 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, September 2, 2022 at 2:55:56 PM UTC+1, Najeeb ybo wrote:

> > > Er, " It seems somehow appropriate that England in Pakistan should be
> > > captained by an Englishman of Pakistani descent." Nothing about vice captaincy . RH
> > Ah I see, you must be too stupid or too frightened to answer.
> >
> > You said -
> > "Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH"
> > I asked -
> > Can you tell me if you think the vice captain shouldn't lead the side and why not?
> > You haven't answered yet and you usually have so much to say.

> SIGH. Neither you nor any other member of the ng has addressed my point which is " "Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH"

You actually are stupid, my apologies I had taken you as just a liar.
You asked
> "Ah, is this a new rule requiring England touring parties to be captained by a player drawn from the ethnic group the touring party going to? RH"

As you can see here below your point was addressed your question answered and two questions asked.
"No, it's absolutely normal for the vice captain to lead the side in the absence of the captain. How come such a great cricket expert like you didn't already know that?
Can you tell me if you think the vice captain shouldn't lead the side and why not"?

Or I'll ask the question so it more easily understood for you.
If the captain is unavailable, who leads the team?

Re: Moeen Ali appointed England captain

<c9505fe6-c0b0-478f-ac32-a6a7ace27d4bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22440&group=uk.sport.cricket#22440

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 05:22:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 12:22 UTC

Do stop touting for business... RH