Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths good theatre. -- Gail Godwin

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: OT: The war

SubjectAuthor
* OT: The warTrevor Wilson
+- Re: OT: The warClocky
`* Re: OT: The warNoddy
 +* Re: OT: The warXeno
 |`* Re: OT: The warYosemite Sam
 | `- Re: OT: The warXeno
 +- Re: OT: The warClocky
 `* Re: OT: The warDaryl
  +- Re: OT: The warClocky
  `- Re: OT: The warKeithr0

1
OT: The war

<k3r3jjF5jovU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22398&group=aus.cars#22398

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: OT: The war
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:53:23 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 23:53 UTC

Two Russians speaking:

“Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”

“Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”

“We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been wiped
out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks, we have
to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost more
generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the bottom of
the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers behind
lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us in 3
days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come within
300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our few
remaining warships blown up!”

“That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”

“Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”

Re: OT: The war

<tr9sm9$3hesg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22399&group=aus.cars#22399

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: The war
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 09:59:28 +0800
 by: Clocky - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 01:59 UTC

On 31/01/2023 7:53 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> Two Russians speaking:
>
> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>
> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>
> “We’ve lost 80,000 men,

Must be an old joke, it surpassed 108,000 before Christmas.

the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been wiped
> out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks, we have
> to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost more
> generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the bottom of
> the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers behind
> lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us in 3
> days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come within
> 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our few
> remaining warships blown up!”
>
> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>
> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”

Heh... I know it's a joke but NATO members have very much kept Ukraine
in the fight.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: OT: The war

<tra0f9$3kp6s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22401&group=aus.cars#22401

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:04:08 +1100
 by: Noddy - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 03:04 UTC

On 31/01/2023 10:53 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> Two Russians speaking:
>
> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>
> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>
> “We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been wiped
> out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks, we have
> to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost more
> generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the bottom of
> the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers behind
> lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us in 3
> days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come within
> 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our few
> remaining warships blown up!”
>
> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>
> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”

Lol :)

Fucking Russians have profoundly embarrassed themselves with this
attempted hostile "liberation" of the Ukraine, and how Putin can ever
stand up and look the West in the eye and expect to be taken seriously
is a mark of how delusional the bloke actually is.

I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated to be honest....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: The war

<k3rj4qF7o4aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22402&group=aus.cars#22402

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 15:18:33 +1100
 by: Xeno - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 04:18 UTC

On 31/1/2023 2:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 31/01/2023 10:53 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> Two Russians speaking:
>>
>> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>>
>> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>>
>> “We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been
>> wiped out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks,
>> we have to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost
>> more generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the
>> bottom of the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers
>> behind lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us
>> in 3 days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come
>> within 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our
>> few remaining warships blown up!”
>>
>> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>>
>> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”
>
> Lol :)
>
> Fucking Russians have profoundly embarrassed themselves with this
> attempted hostile "liberation" of the Ukraine, and how Putin can ever
> stand up and look the West in the eye and expect to be taken seriously
> is a mark of how delusional the bloke actually is.

From one delusional clown about another delusional clown. Oh the irony!

> I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated to be honest....

Putin assassinates potential opponents *first*.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: The war

<tra7is$3m0sb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22403&group=aus.cars#22403

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:05:24 +0800
 by: Clocky - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 05:05 UTC

On 31/01/2023 11:04 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 31/01/2023 10:53 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> Two Russians speaking:
>>
>> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>>
>> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>>
>> “We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been
>> wiped out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks,
>> we have to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost
>> more generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the
>> bottom of the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers
>> behind lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us
>> in 3 days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come
>> within 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our
>> few remaining warships blown up!”
>>
>> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>>
>> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”
>
> Lol :)
>
> Fucking Russians have profoundly embarrassed themselves with this
> attempted hostile "liberation" of the Ukraine, and how Putin can ever
> stand up and look the West in the eye and expect to be taken seriously
> is a mark of how delusional the bloke actually is.

Delusional and surrounded by 'yes' men... just like you!

> I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated to be honest....

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: OT: The war

<k3rm5vF85ojU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22404&group=aus.cars#22404

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 16:10:23 +1100
 by: Daryl - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 05:10 UTC

On 31/1/2023 2:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 31/01/2023 10:53 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> Two Russians speaking:
>>
>> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>>
>> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>>
>> “We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been
>> wiped out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks,
>> we have to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost
>> more generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the
>> bottom of the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers
>> behind lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us
>> in 3 days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come
>> within 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our
>> few remaining warships blown up!”
>>
>> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>>
>> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”
>
> Lol :)
>
> Fucking Russians have profoundly embarrassed themselves with this
> attempted hostile "liberation" of the Ukraine, and how Putin can ever
> stand up and look the West in the eye and expect to be taken seriously
> is a mark of how delusional the bloke actually is.
>
> I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated to be honest....

LOL, the rabble are fighting on the front lines whilst the very best
soldiers are guarding Putin.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: The war

<k3s2mtFa0m8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22405&group=aus.cars#22405

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 19:43:57 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 08:43 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 31/1/2023 2:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 31/01/2023 10:53 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>> Two Russians speaking:
>>>
>>> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>>>
>>> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>>>
>>> “We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been
>>> wiped out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks,
>>> we have to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve
>>> lost more generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at
>>> the bottom of the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of
>>> kilometers behind lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken
>>> back from us in 3 days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and
>>> we can’t come within 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without
>>> getting one of our few remaining warships blown up!”
>>>
>>> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>>>
>>> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”
>>
>> Lol :)
>>
>> Fucking Russians have profoundly embarrassed themselves with this
>> attempted hostile "liberation" of the Ukraine, and how Putin can ever
>> stand up and look the West in the eye and expect to be taken
>> seriously is a mark of how delusional the bloke actually is.
>
> From one delusional clown about another delusional clown. Oh the irony!
>>
>> I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated to be honest....
>
> Putin assassinates potential opponents *first*.

he's survived at least five attempts that we know of so far

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: The war

<tram2n$3oee2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22406&group=aus.cars#22406

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 17:12:46 +0800
 by: Clocky - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 09:12 UTC

On 31/01/2023 1:10 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 31/1/2023 2:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 31/01/2023 10:53 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>> Two Russians speaking:
>>>
>>> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>>>
>>> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>>>
>>> “We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been
>>> wiped out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks,
>>> we have to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost
>>> more generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the
>>> bottom of the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers
>>> behind lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us
>>> in 3 days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come
>>> within 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our
>>> few remaining warships blown up!”
>>>
>>> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>>>
>>> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”
>>
>> Lol :)
>>
>> Fucking Russians have profoundly embarrassed themselves with this
>> attempted hostile "liberation" of the Ukraine, and how Putin can ever
>> stand up and look the West in the eye and expect to be taken seriously
>> is a mark of how delusional the bloke actually is.
>>
>> I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated to be honest....
>>

> LOL, the rabble are fighting on the front lines whilst the very best
> soldiers are guarding Putin.

They're all rabble.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: OT: The war

<k3sh4nFc4ibU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22409&group=aus.cars#22409

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 23:50:30 +1100
 by: Xeno - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 12:50 UTC

On 31/1/2023 7:43 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Xeno wrote:

>>> Lol :)
>>>
>>> Fucking Russians have profoundly embarrassed themselves with this
>>> attempted hostile "liberation" of the Ukraine, and how Putin can ever
>>> stand up and look the West in the eye and expect to be taken
>>> seriously is a mark of how delusional the bloke actually is.
>>
>> From one delusional clown about another delusional clown. Oh the irony!
>>>
>>> I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated to be honest....
>>
>> Putin assassinates potential opponents *first*.
>>

> he's survived at least five attempts that we know of so far

Well, he's not a mind reader, though he thinks he is. Man did he ever
read *the Collective West* so utterly wrong. He thought it would be a
repeat of Crimea in 2014. Not even close. Anyway, there'll be plenty of
newbies trying to *oust* him.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: The war

<k41h4rF5150U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22424&group=aus.cars#22424

From: nothing....@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 20:21:16 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 10:21 UTC

On 31/01/2023 3:10 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 31/1/2023 2:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 31/01/2023 10:53 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>> Two Russians speaking:
>>>
>>> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>>>
>>> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>>>
>>> “We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been
>>> wiped out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks,
>>> we have to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost
>>> more generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the
>>> bottom of the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers
>>> behind lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us
>>> in 3 days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come
>>> within 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our
>>> few remaining warships blown up!”
>>>
>>> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>>>
>>> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”
>>
>> Lol :)
>>
>> Fucking Russians have profoundly embarrassed themselves with this
>> attempted hostile "liberation" of the Ukraine, and how Putin can ever
>> stand up and look the West in the eye and expect to be taken seriously
>> is a mark of how delusional the bloke actually is.
>>
>> I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated to be honest....
>>

> LOL, the rabble are fighting on the front lines whilst the very best
> soldiers are guarding Putin.

The Russian way is to send waves of cannon fodder to wear the enemy down
before sending the trained troops in.That is what the Wagner group is
doing, the recruited their cannon fodder from prisons with a promise
that, after some period of service, they'd go free. Not that they have
much chance of surviving that long.

--
Clocky on programming 18 Feb 2022
"What, you copy and paste code into a sketch in Arduino, select the

Clocky on NASA 18 Mar 2022
"Oh, and btw... if you worked for NASA how is it thay you are seemingly
oblivious to Commodore Amigas used at NASA"