Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 09:57:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Free Speech Doesn't Matter If Propagandists Determine What People Say
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 16:57 UTC

On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 1:22:50 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> [...]
>
> We grow up saturated with US empire propaganda in the west. We marinate
> in it. It pervades our consciousness. But because it's all we've ever
> known, most of us don't even notice it.
>
> We think it's normal that we're always told our government is on the
> good and righteous side of every international conflict. We think it's
> normal that we hear constantly about the tyranny of foreign governments
> while only occasionally hearing about bad things our own government did
> years ago (but it was an innocent mistake and it'll never happen again).
>
> "If we were being propagandized, I'm sure we'd have heard about it in
> the news," we tell ourselves.
>
> But the news is the propaganda. And it will never report on that
> bombshell story.
>
> Propaganda is the single most overlooked and underappreciated aspect of
> our society. In controls how the public thinks, acts, votes and behaves,
> but hardly anyone ever talks about it. Because the sources they've been
> trained to look to for information never say anything about it.
>
> So people say what's on their mind, after what's on their mind has been
> carefully curated by the imperial narrative managers who are responsible
> for controlling what information goes into their mind.
>
> And they say it with complete freedom. Sure if what they're saying goes
> against the interests of the western empire they won't be allowed to
> speak on any large platforms where they might infect the mainstream herd
> with wrongthink, and sure if what they're saying is really inconvenient
> they might get banned from even speaking on any of the major online
> platforms, but they still get to speak. Alone, where no one can hear
> them. Preferably into a hole in the ground.
>
> And everyone else gets to ingest the mainstream swill. The authorized
> narratives that get amplified on traditional media and by the algorithms
> of Silicon Valley. The authorized narratives which mask the abuses of
> their own government — foreign and domestic — while magnifying and
> exaggerating the abuses of empire-targeted governments.
>
> That's why when some people hear my objections to the empire, they say
> "Well at least where I live we're allowed to criticize our government!"
>
> And that's why I reply to them, "Okay. But you don't."
>
> If speech wasn't free people would realize they're being oppressed, but
> if people started using their speech to voice real grievances about real
> power, they would swiftly discover that their speech is being ignored
> and power is doing as it likes. So inconvenient speech is curtailed by
> propaganda, by censorship, by algorithm manipulation and by media
> marginalization.
>
> People are kept hopelessly enslaved by giving them the illusion that
> they are free, and any voice which interrupts that illusion is silenced
> by whatever means necessary.
>
> That's what free speech means in a liberal western democracy. You can
> say whatever you like, as long as it's what they like.

" Keep FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer heavily sedated, nurse,.... RH

Re: Free Speech Doesn't Matter If Propagandists Determine What People Say

<f19a1a0c-18e4-439d-97b2-86170aceb9bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22460&group=uk.sport.cricket#22460

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 02:00:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 09:00 UTC

On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 6:51:31 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> [...]
> >> say whatever you like, as long as it's what they like.
> >
> > " Keep FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer heavily sedated, nurse,.... RH
> This is EXACTLY the PROBLEM with WASP DNA.
>
> You respond with personal attacks because you LOST the argument.
>
> You and all WASP countries people are nothing but SLAVES who "LIVE IN
> FEAR" of their REAL Govts of CIA NSA MI6 MI5 FBI DHS ASIS ASIO Psychopaths.
>
> Your govts gave you the RIGHT to SUCK human, animal, rubber and metal
> cocks, and then GOSSIP about worthless, low IQ wacko weirdo politicians
> BoJo, Biden, Pelosi etc giving you the ILLUSION that WASP countries are
> "angelic democracies".
>
> WASPs are sooooo fucking dumb, they still DON'T understand this REAL
> REALITY even after I show them exactly HOW they are being MASSIVELY
> DECEIVED and MANIPULATED by their EVIL Governments.

"Is there nothing we can do to stop the patient humiliating himself, doctor .....RH