From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Well Done, Zimbabwe
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 18:26:07 +0100
 by: John Hall - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 17:26 UTC

I see they have just dismissed Australia in an ODI for 141 and won the
match by 3 wickets. Apart from Cummins not playing, it looks like it was
pretty close to a full-strength Australian side too.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: Well Done, Zimbabwe

<g757hh1esprle48u0ln6c85tv55tfj1sbh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22450&group=uk.sport.cricket#22450

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Well Done, Zimbabwe
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 18:57:26 +0100
 by: max.it - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 17:57 UTC

On Sat, 3 Sep 2022 18:26:07 +0100, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk>
wrote:

>I see they have just dismissed Australia in an ODI for 141 and won the
>match by 3 wickets. Apart from Cummins not playing, it looks like it was
>pretty close to a full-strength Australian side too.

That's a great result for Zimbabwe. Like most of the lower ranked
teams, they know what to do and how to do it and they can do it;
consistency is what sets the top teams apart from the lower teams.

max.it

Re: Well Done, Zimbabwe

<4845f2a7-e54f-4aab-96a8-8038cabc9c84n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22453&group=uk.sport.cricket#22453

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 14:23:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 21:23 UTC

On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 6:57:27 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Sep 2022 18:26:07 +0100, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >I see they have just dismissed Australia in an ODI for 141 and won the
> >match by 3 wickets. Apart from Cummins not playing, it looks like it was
> >pretty close to a full-strength Australian side too.
> That's a great result for Zimbabwe. Like most of the lower ranked
> teams, they know what to do and how to do it and they can do it;
> consistency is what sets the top teams apart from the lower teams.
>
> max.it

oz were starting to recover after a sticky start then they lost their
last 5 wkts for practically nothing, including warner who made 94,
pretty high score for such a low total. as this is winter in oz, they
must be playing in the tropical north.

mike

Re: Well Done, Zimbabwe

<jmi7hhloononomdol7qgurnpm1uiddennh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22455&group=uk.sport.cricket#22455

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 22:56:26 +0100
 by: max.it - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 21:56 UTC

On Sat, 3 Sep 2022 14:23:38 -0700 (PDT), mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 6:57:27 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Sep 2022 18:26:07 +0100, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>> >I see they have just dismissed Australia in an ODI for 141 and won the
>> >match by 3 wickets. Apart from Cummins not playing, it looks like it was
>> >pretty close to a full-strength Australian side too.
>> That's a great result for Zimbabwe. Like most of the lower ranked
>> teams, they know what to do and how to do it and they can do it;
>> consistency is what sets the top teams apart from the lower teams.
>>
>> max.it
>
>oz were starting to recover after a sticky start then they lost their
>last 5 wkts for practically nothing, including warner who made 94,
> pretty high score for such a low total. as this is winter in oz, they
>must be playing in the tropical north.
>
>mike

My cousin has lived in Oz for 50 years, I can't remember where abouts.
She trains horses and she told me the weather where she lives stays
almost the same all year round. She knows that it's summer because a
different kind of mad brightly coloured bird shows up in her yard.

max.it

Re: Well Done, Zimbabwe

<FaBqt9AoRFFjFwv$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22458&group=uk.sport.cricket#22458

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 08:31:52 +0100
 by: John Hall - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 07:31 UTC

In message <4845f2a7-e54f-4aab-96a8-8038cabc9c84n@googlegroups.com>,
mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 6:57:27 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Sep 2022 18:26:07 +0100, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>> >I see they have just dismissed Australia in an ODI for 141 and won the
>> >match by 3 wickets. Apart from Cummins not playing, it looks like it was
>> >pretty close to a full-strength Australian side too.
>> That's a great result for Zimbabwe. Like most of the lower ranked
>> teams, they know what to do and how to do it and they can do it;
>> consistency is what sets the top teams apart from the lower teams.
>>
>> max.it
>
>oz were starting to recover after a sticky start then they lost their
>last 5 wkts for practically nothing, including warner who made 94,
> pretty high score for such a low total. as this is winter in oz, they
>must be playing in the tropical north.
>
>mike

The score on the BBC website doesn't include where the match was played,
which is annoying. I'd rather assumed that it was in Zimbabwe. Looking
on ESPN told me that the venue was Townsville, which seems like a rather
tautologous name and left me little the wiser. But looking it up on
Wikipedia, it turns out it's in Alveyland (aka Queensland). So you were
right.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

Re: Well Done, Zimbabwe

<81975d9f-685d-4fa7-bec5-aa3d7d732582n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22467&group=uk.sport.cricket#22467

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 23:27:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 06:27 UTC

On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 6:57:27 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Sep 2022 18:26:07 +0100, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >I see they have just dismissed Australia in an ODI for 141 and won the
> >match by 3 wickets. Apart from Cummins not playing, it looks like it was
> >pretty close to a full-strength Australian side too.
> That's a great result for Zimbabwe. Like most of the lower ranked
> teams, they know what to do and how to do it and they can do it;
> consistency is what sets the top teams apart from the lower teams.
>
> max.it

Now let me see, Lazarus points out that sides winning less often are lower ranked....Hilarious piece of moron's profundity... RH