Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 10:04:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: ECB behaving like Mafia bosses ....
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 17:04 UTC

...attempting to make offers the players and the public cannot cannot refuse..; RH

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/09/06/exclusive-sir-andrew-strauss-tells-counties-accept-reforms-face/

Exclusive: Sir Andrew Strauss tells counties to accept reforms or face player exodus
Strauss was speaking on the Telegraph's Vaughany and Tuffers Cricket Club podcast

By
Nick Hoult,
CHIEF CRICKET CORRESPONDENT
7 September 2022 • 7:26am

Sir Andrew Strauss has warned counties that English cricket faces an exodus of its playing talent unless reforms to the domestic game are adopted.

As Telegraph Sport revealed this week, Strauss’s high performance review is proposing a six-team Premier Division in the championship and two divisions of six teams as feeder leagues or conferences. Play-offs will determine the champions and promotion and relegation, on a one-up, one-down basis.

The amount of championship cricket will be reduced from 14 games per season to 10 with most of it played in June, July and September. Strauss's research has revealed English players play 79 days of domestic cricket more than any other country.

Now Strauss has told the Telegraph Sport's Vaughany and Tuffers Cricket Club podcast (see podcast player above) that if English cricket does not change then the best players could turn their backs on the domestic game and cash in on foreign Twenty20 leagues where they can earn more money for less cricket. He has called on county chairs to look beyond self-interest and vote for change.

“Revolution is all our players going off and playing domestic white ball cricket abroad - which, by the way, is not a million miles away,” he said. “We need to be cognisant of this. The world is moving around us, and we can't stick our head in the sand and pretend it isn't.

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/09/06/exclusive-sir-andrew-strauss-tells-counties-accept-reforms-face/

RH