From: jul...@n6are.com (Julian Macassey)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Virgin News
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 14:18:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Julian Macassey - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 14:18 UTC

The scumbags that trade under the name Virgin Media,
although Virgin Slut would be more apropriate (You know you are
going to get fucked) are being investigated by Ofcom.

What for? Well, for exactly what I am having a problem
with. No longer being a customer. As a US company, they adopt the
US Co Comcast (AKA Scumcast) tactics, once you a customer, you
can never not be a customer. There are tales on the net of
cutomers spending days on the phone trying to get Scumcast to
understand that they no longer wish to use their service,

Here's what Ofcom have to say:

https://ofcom.cmail20.com/t/i-e-ackhjy-tiliahkkr-yk/

+ Ofcom has today opened an investigation into Virgin Media
+ following complaints from customers that the company is making it
+ difficult for them to cancel their services.
+
+ Ofcom is concerned about the number of complaints it has received
+ from Virgin Media customers who have tried to leave, but said the
+ company had made it difficult. Some struggled to get through to
+ an agent on the phone, some found their call was dropped mid-way
+ through or were put on hold for long periods. And many said they
+ had to make lengthy and repeated requests to cancel, as their
+ initial request was not actioned.
+
+ Our rules are clear that the conditions or procedures telecoms
+ providers have in place must not act as a disincentive for
+ customers who wish to cancel their contract.

+ As well as probing whether Virgin Media has complied with our
+ contract termination rules, our investigation will also look at
+ whether it has failed to meet our requirements on complaints
+ handling. This will include whether customers were appropriately
+ informed of their right to escalate their complaint to an
+ independent ombudsman.

+ We will gather further information and provide updates as our
+ investigation progresses.

In the over five hours I have spent on the phone with
Slut Media, that by not being able to reliably provide me with
Internet Access, they have violated their terms of service.
Somehow they think it is OK to drop out for periods of time
varying between minutes and days.

--
"If you go home with somebody and they don’t have books, don’t
fuck them.” - John Waters, film director