From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Siopping Rrant
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 13:14:26 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Sun, 16 Jul 2023 12:14 UTC

Put /bag of cauliflower and calabrese spears/ on my shopping list and
the ever-helpful carer got a cauliflower and a bag of sprouting broccoli.

There's only one of me, and I don't need that amount of brassica
occupying/gently decaying in the fridge.

Again...

But a different carer, rather, an indifferent one.

Otherwise, it's Anusberries wot's got up my nose, though I got (mostly)
what I wanted.

I asked (on shopping list) for a box of spring rolls and a box of duck
pancake rolls. Got 2 boxen, one labelled Hoisin Duck Spring Rolls and
the other, as Vegetable Spring Rolls.

Don't the ignorami know that spring rolls are *always* and without
exception (My tautology) vegetable (and there weren't any beansprouts in
these...), and that being so, "Duck Spring Rolls" are an impossiility.

They are /Duck Pancake Rolls/ - Hoisin, if they like, but *NEVER NOT
NOHOW* Duck Spring Rolls.

Does it matter? Yes, it does. I put down accurately what I want, and
carer or similar may get the right thing. Wrongly labelled, Godnose what
I could get. Double jeopardy innit.

<ran tover>

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Siopping Rrant

<u939n4$14sg7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22603&group=uk.rec.sheds#22603

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Siopping Rrant
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 12:46:44 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 11:46 UTC

Its not unusual though, when you order from a delivery company, you get all
sorts of tatt. What you need is to push for direct payments in lieu of
carers, and employ your own who might be more attentive if they know you are
paying them. OK it can mean some time sheets and payroll services but that
is normally covered by the council, at least where I live it is.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"RustyHinge" <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote in message
> Put /bag of cauliflower and calabrese spears/ on my shopping list and the
> ever-helpful carer got a cauliflower and a bag of sprouting broccoli.
>
> There's only one of me, and I don't need that amount of brassica
> occupying/gently decaying in the fridge.
>
> Again...
>
> But a different carer, rather, an indifferent one.
>
> Otherwise, it's Anusberries wot's got up my nose, though I got (mostly)
> what I wanted.
>
> I asked (on shopping list) for a box of spring rolls and a box of duck
> pancake rolls. Got 2 boxen, one labelled Hoisin Duck Spring Rolls and the
> other, as Vegetable Spring Rolls.
>
> Don't the ignorami know that spring rolls are *always* and without
> exception (My tautology) vegetable (and there weren't any beansprouts in
> these...), and that being so, "Duck Spring Rolls" are an impossiility.
>
> They are /Duck Pancake Rolls/ - Hoisin, if they like, but *NEVER NOT
> NOHOW* Duck Spring Rolls.
>
> Does it matter? Yes, it does. I put down accurately what I want, and carer
> or similar may get the right thing. Wrongly labelled, Godnose what I could
> get. Double jeopardy innit.
>
> <ran tover>
>

> --
> Rusty Hinge
> To err is human. To really foul things up requires a computer and the
> BOFH.

Re: Siopping Rrant

<u93a95$14ufm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22605&group=uk.rec.sheds#22605

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 12:56:20 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 11:56 UTC

Top-post apoplexy:

It's not just shopping they provide.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Siopping Rrant

<khku99F43pgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22607&group=uk.rec.sheds#22607

From: mau...@gmail.com (greymausg.mail.com)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 17 Jul 2023 13:33:29 GMT
 by: greymausg.mail.com - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 13:33 UTC

On 2023-07-17, Brian Gaff <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its not unusual though, when you order from a delivery company, you get all
> sorts of tatt. What you need is to push for direct payments in lieu of
> carers, and employ your own who might be more attentive if they know you are
> paying them. OK it can mean some time sheets and payroll services but that
> is normally covered by the council, at least where I live it is.
> Brian

One of my daughters, who was `between jobs', decided that she would
enlist as my carer. No way. When I employ anyone, I insist that I can
`unemploy' them if I have to, and that is hard if the employee is a
family member.

--
greymausg@mail.com
"Boris, the once and future PM."