From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Most entertaining Australian XI
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 16:44:45 +0100
 by: John Hall - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 15:44 UTC

Having started a discussion on the most entertaining England XI (I think
Bazball is pretty much a synonym for being entertaing), I thought I'd do
the same for Australia:

Trumper
Hayden (or maybe Slater)
Bradman
Macartney
McCabe
Gilchrist (w)
Miller
Jack Gregory
Warne
Lillee
Mailey

I'd like to have included O'Reilly as well, but three wrist-spinners
might be overdoing it. He was a better bowler than Mailey, but not as
entertaining. Ideally I'd like Miller to captain, even though he never
led Australia, as I think he'd be much more attacking than Bradman.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,