QOTD: "I never met a man I couldn't drink handsome."

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

SubjectAuthor
* Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking downswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingJNugent
|`* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingMike Collins
| +* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence afterSpike
| |`* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingMike Collins
| | +- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingJNugent
| | `- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence afterSpike
| +- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingJNugent
+- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingJNugent
+* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence afterSpike
+* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingJNugent
| `* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence afterSpike
|  `- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingJNugent
+- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence afterSpike
`- Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knockingswldx...@gmail.com

1
Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<c855c1c1-fa2e-4147-b406-99094dbbe21bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22708&group=uk.rec.cycling#22708

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 13:12:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down
cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 21:12 UTC

Munna Hussain, 32, left his victim with a fractured collar bone and minor tissue damage after sending him tumbling near Asda, at Boldon Colliery.

Hussain, of Athol Road, Hendon, Sunderland, was not working when he caused the accident at teatime on Tuesday, July 26 – and he stayed at the scene and dialled 999.

But he will have to face the music with cabbie licensing bosses at Newcastle City Council for his admitted mishap, his solicitor admitted.

His victim also revealed in a statement he fears getting back on his bike due to the roads becoming more dangerous due to falling driving standards.

Prosecutor Mike Lawson said: “A vehicle driven by the defendant struck a cyclist on a roundabout.

“The cyclist was in the inside lane and coming to a roundabout near Asda, with the road splitting into two lanes.

“The injured party was intending to go straight ahead but the defendant had not seen him and pulled across his path, colliding with him.

“The cyclist was thrown off his bike, sustaining injuries. He suffered a broken collarbone and soft tissue damage to a hip.

“He has undergone physiotherapy but does not need further medical treatment.”

Hussain pleaded guilty to driving his Skoda Superb without due care and attention.

In a victim statement, the bike rider said he had taken to using a cross trainer at home instead of riding outdoors.

The court heard he believes driving skills had worsened to such a degree he “risks further injury”.

David Forrester, defending, said: “The circumstances are really unfortunate. He contacted both ambulance and police and remained at the scene throughout.

“It was 4.50pm on a sunny day. He got to the roundabout and he thinks there was glare from the sun which prevented him from seeing the cyclist..
YEAH SURE -SM

“The accident is going to have significant ramifications with his licence from Newcastle council. He’s going to be on edge as to if he can still be a taxi driver.”

Magistrates handed Hussain five penalty points and fined him £200, with £85 court costs and an £80 victim surcharge.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/sunderland-taxi-driver-faces-losing-cab-licence-after-knocking-down-cyclist-outside-boldon-asda-4019297

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4k89lF2jfbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22712&group=uk.rec.cycling#22712

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:46:45 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:46 UTC

> Munna Hussain, 32, left his victim with a fractured collar bone and minor tissue damage after sending him tumbling near Asda, at Boldon Colliery.
>
> Hussain, of Athol Road, Hendon, Sunderland, was not working when he caused the accident at teatime on Tuesday, July 26 – and he stayed at the scene and dialled 999.
>
> But he will have to face the music with cabbie licensing bosses at Newcastle City Council for his admitted mishap, his solicitor admitted.
>
> His victim also revealed in a statement he fears getting back on his bike due to the roads becoming more dangerous due to falling driving standards.
>
> Prosecutor Mike Lawson said: “A vehicle driven by the defendant struck a cyclist on a roundabout.
>
> “The cyclist was in the inside lane and coming to a roundabout near Asda, with the road splitting into two lanes.
>
> “The injured party was intending to go straight ahead but the defendant had not seen him and pulled across his path, colliding with him.

What?

Are you saying that the taxi (or whatever) was on the roundabout and the
fairy-cycle collided with it when it (the fairy-cycle) was ridden onto
the carriageway of the roundabout (which is strongly implied by the
words "The cyclist was ... coming to a roundabout [and] was intending to
go straight ahead"?

That would be a clear failure by the fairy-cyclist to give way to
traffic already on the roundabout, which is what the law requires.

If that is how it happens, I hope the driver is seeking competent legal
advice.

> “The cyclist was thrown off his bike, sustaining injuries. He suffered a broken collarbone and soft tissue damage to a hip.
> “He has undergone physiotherapy but does not need further medical treatment.”
> Hussain pleaded guilty to driving his Skoda Superb without due care and attention.
> In a victim statement, the bike rider said he had taken to using a cross trainer at home instead of riding outdoors.
> The court heard he believes driving skills had worsened to such a degree he “risks further injury”.
> David Forrester, defending, said: “The circumstances are really unfortunate. He contacted both ambulance and police and remained at the scene throughout.
> “It was 4.50pm on a sunny day. He got to the roundabout and he thinks there was glare from the sun which prevented him from seeing the cyclist.
> YEAH SURE -SM
> “The accident is going to have significant ramifications with his licence from Newcastle council. He’s going to be on edge as to if he can still be a taxi driver.”
> Magistrates handed Hussain five penalty points and fined him £200, with £85 court costs and an £80 victim surcharge.
>
> https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/sunderland-taxi-driver-faces-losing-cab-licence-after-knocking-down-cyclist-outside-boldon-asda-4019297

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4k8bfF2jfbU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22713&group=uk.rec.cycling#22713

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:47:43 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:47 UTC

> Munna Hussain, 32, left his victim with a fractured collar bone and minor tissue damage after sending him tumbling near Asda, at Boldon Colliery.
>
> Hussain, of Athol Road, Hendon, Sunderland, was not working when he caused the accident at teatime on Tuesday, July 26 – and he stayed at the scene and dialled 999.
>
> But he will have to face the music with cabbie licensing bosses at Newcastle City Council for his admitted mishap, his solicitor admitted.
>
> His victim also revealed in a statement he fears getting back on his bike due to the roads becoming more dangerous due to falling driving standards.
>
> Prosecutor Mike Lawson said: “A vehicle driven by the defendant struck a cyclist on a roundabout.
>
> “The cyclist was in the inside lane and coming to a roundabout near Asda, with the road splitting into two lanes.
>
> “The injured party was intending to go straight ahead but the defendant had not seen him and pulled across his path, colliding with him.
>
> “The cyclist was thrown off his bike, sustaining injuries. He suffered a broken collarbone and soft tissue damage to a hip.
>
> “He has undergone physiotherapy but does not need further medical treatment.”
>
> Hussain pleaded guilty to driving his Skoda Superb without due care and attention.
>
> In a victim statement, the bike rider said he had taken to using a cross trainer at home instead of riding outdoors.
>
> The court heard he believes driving skills had worsened to such a degree he “risks further injury”.
>
> David Forrester, defending, said: “The circumstances are really unfortunate. He contacted both ambulance and police and remained at the scene throughout.
>
> “It was 4.50pm on a sunny day. He got to the roundabout and he thinks there was glare from the sun which prevented him from seeing the cyclist.
> YEAH SURE -SM
>
> “The accident is going to have significant ramifications with his licence from Newcastle council. He’s going to be on edge as to if he can still be a taxi driver.”
>
> Magistrates handed Hussain five penalty points and fined him £200, with £85 court costs and an £80 victim surcharge.
>
> https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/sunderland-taxi-driver-faces-losing-cab-licence-after-knocking-down-cyclist-outside-boldon-asda-4019297

Does the City of Newcastle licence taxis for the whole north-east, then?

Even in its eternal rival, Sunderland?

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<2832cb7c-e510-44cd-896d-31ad7167e4d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22714&group=uk.rec.cycling#22714

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 05:38:32 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 13:38 UTC

QUOTE: he thinks there was glare from the sun which prevented him from seeing the cyclist.ENDS

Bloody hell - he "thinks" it was due to a giant orb 800000 miles across in the sky?

DOESN'T HE *KNOW*?

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4kggdF3q58U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22715&group=uk.rec.cycling#22715

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after
knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: 9 Feb 2023 15:06:53 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 15:06 UTC

> QUOTE: he thinks there was glare from the sun which prevented him from
> seeing the cyclist.ENDS
>
> Bloody hell - he "thinks" it was due to a giant orb 800000 miles across in the sky?
>
> DOESN'T HE *KNOW*?
It’s a polite form of expression; not something you seem to be familiar
with.

--
Spike

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<87078bab-4b1d-4d57-8582-69d4583cb725n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22717&group=uk.rec.cycling#22717

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 08:23:46 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 16:23 UTC

QUOTE: Hussain pleaded guilty to driving his Skoda Superb without due care and attention. ENDS

Always best to fess up early doors as we say in the trade.
A lesser sentence is the result, more often than not.

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4krpcF5dapU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22719&group=uk.rec.cycling#22719

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:19:24 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:19 UTC

> QUOTE: Hussain pleaded guilty to driving his Skoda Superb without due care and attention. ENDS

> Always best to fess up early doors as we say in the trade.

After you've used the wrong type of floor cleaning solvent and damaged
some of the Semtex tiles or the Terrazzo?

> A lesser sentence is the result, more often than not.

But you were on thin ice at BP, weren't you?

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4ksjsF5lsuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22720&group=uk.rec.cycling#22720

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: 9 Feb 2023 18:33:32 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:33 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 09/02/2023 04:23 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: Hussain pleaded guilty to driving his Skoda Superb without due
>> care and attention. ENDS
>
>> Always best to fess up early doors as we say in the trade.
>
> After you've used the wrong type of floor cleaning solvent and damaged
> some of the Semtex tiles or the Terrazzo?

>> A lesser sentence is the result, more often than not.

> But you were on thin ice at BP, weren't you?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Mason refused to fess up concerning
what he says was an overpayment by his employer to him of some £8,500?
Didn’t he spend it on a holiday?

--
Spike

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<66758f0c-420a-41da-82e1-f51237c78541n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22722&group=uk.rec.cycling#22722

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 10:37:01 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:37 UTC

QUOTE: Hussain, of Athol Road, Hendon, Sunderland, was not working when he caused the accident. ENDS

If it was an "accident", why was the driver "handed five penalty points, fined £200, with £85 court costs and an £80 victim surcharge?

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4ksvdF5md5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22725&group=uk.rec.cycling#22725

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:39:41 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:39 UTC

On 09/02/2023 06:33 pm, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 09/02/2023 04:23 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> QUOTE: Hussain pleaded guilty to driving his Skoda Superb without due
>>> care and attention. ENDS
>
>>> Always best to fess up early doors as we say in the trade.
>
>> After you've used the wrong type of floor cleaning solvent and damaged
>> some of the Semtex tiles or the Terrazzo?
>
>>> A lesser sentence is the result, more often than not.
>
>> But you were on thin ice at BP, weren't you?
>
> Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Mason refused to fess up concerning
> what he says was an overpayment by his employer to him of some £8,500?
> Didn’t he spend it on a holiday?

TBH, that's not something I recall, but then, I'm always too ready to
see the good in people.

Where feasible and possible, at least!

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<aeb7d4c2-0a5c-4f91-8196-2fe66f77823bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22726&group=uk.rec.cycling#22726

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 10:43:57 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:43 UTC

QUOTE: But he will have to face the music with cabbie licensing bosses at Newcastle City Council for his admitted mishap, his solicitor admitted.ENDS

I will find out if he has lost his licence after he is hauled up before the taxi beak.

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<b5574504-a658-49c3-9ab8-3958a8496d27n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22727&group=uk.rec.cycling#22727

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 11:10:16 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 19:10 UTC

On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 12:46:48 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 08/02/2023 09:12 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Munna Hussain, 32, left his victim with a fractured collar bone and minor tissue damage after sending him tumbling near Asda, at Boldon Colliery.
> >
> > Hussain, of Athol Road, Hendon, Sunderland, was not working when he caused the accident at teatime on Tuesday, July 26 – and he stayed at the scene and dialled 999.
> >
> > But he will have to face the music with cabbie licensing bosses at Newcastle City Council for his admitted mishap, his solicitor admitted.
> >
> > His victim also revealed in a statement he fears getting back on his bike due to the roads becoming more dangerous due to falling driving standards.
> >
> > Prosecutor Mike Lawson said: “A vehicle driven by the defendant struck a cyclist on a roundabout.
> >
> > “The cyclist was in the inside lane and coming to a roundabout near Asda, with the road splitting into two lanes.
> >
> > “The injured party was intending to go straight ahead but the defendant had not seen him and pulled across his path, colliding with him.
> What?
>
> Are you saying that the taxi (or whatever) was on the roundabout and the
> fairy-cycle collided with it when it (the fairy-cycle) was ridden onto
> the carriageway of the roundabout (which is strongly implied by the
> words "The cyclist was ... coming to a roundabout [and] was intending to
> go straight ahead"?

No, that is incorrect.

Victim and criminal were both approaching the roundabout, the victim was in the left lane and the criminal moved into the victim's lane and collided with him in a subsidised motor vehicle. I am sure the criminal did not set out to harm anyone but this incident highlights why motor vehicles should be restricted to a separate network of car paths away from roads.

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4l05uF67eqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22728&group=uk.rec.cycling#22728

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: 9 Feb 2023 19:34:22 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 19:34 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 12:46:48 UTC, JNugent wrote:
>> On 08/02/2023 09:12 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Munna Hussain, 32, left his victim with a fractured collar bone and
>>> minor tissue damage after sending him tumbling near Asda, at Boldon Colliery.
>>>
>>> Hussain, of Athol Road, Hendon, Sunderland, was not working when he
>>> caused the accident at teatime on Tuesday, July 26 – and he stayed at
>>> the scene and dialled 999.
>>>
>>> But he will have to face the music with cabbie licensing bosses at
>>> Newcastle City Council for his admitted mishap, his solicitor admitted.
>>>
>>> His victim also revealed in a statement he fears getting back on his
>>> bike due to the roads becoming more dangerous due to falling driving standards.
>>>
>>> Prosecutor Mike Lawson said: “A vehicle driven by the defendant struck
>>> a cyclist on a roundabout.
>>>
>>> “The cyclist was in the inside lane and coming to a roundabout near
>>> Asda, with the road splitting into two lanes.
>>>
>>> “The injured party was intending to go straight ahead but the defendant
>>> had not seen him and pulled across his path, colliding with him.
>> What?
>>
>> Are you saying that the taxi (or whatever) was on the roundabout and the
>> fairy-cycle collided with it when it (the fairy-cycle) was ridden onto
>> the carriageway of the roundabout (which is strongly implied by the
>> words "The cyclist was ... coming to a roundabout [and] was intending to
>> go straight ahead"?
>
> No, that is incorrect.
>
> Victim and criminal were both approaching the roundabout, the victim was
> in the left lane and the criminal moved into the victim's lane and
> collided with him in a subsidised motor vehicle. I am sure the criminal
> did not set out to harm anyone but this incident highlights why motor
> vehicles should be restricted to a separate network of car paths away from roads.

Take more water with it.

--
Spike

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<6e7210cb-b58e-49e2-ba64-9fb42cb0f24dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22729&group=uk.rec.cycling#22729

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 11:39:32 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 19:39 UTC

On Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 7:10:17 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 12:46:48 UTC, JNugent wrote:

> Victim and criminal were both approaching the roundabout, the victim was in the left lane and the criminal moved into the victim's lane and collided with him in a subsidised motor vehicle. I am sure the criminal did not set out to harm anyone but this incident highlights why motor vehicles should be restricted to a separate network of car paths away from roads.

Don't forget this:

QUOTE: "Hussain pleaded guilty to driving his Skoda Superb without due care and attention." ENDS

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<77580146-af7e-4f84-9a6f-08fdb7b06d87n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22730&group=uk.rec.cycling#22730

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 11:40:51 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 19:40 UTC

> On Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 7:10:17 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:
> > Victim and criminal were both approaching the roundabout, the victim was in the left lane and the criminal moved into the victim's lane and collided with him in a subsidised motor vehicle. I am sure the criminal did not set out to harm anyone but this incident highlights why motor vehicles should be restricted to a separate network of car paths away from roads.
> Don't forget this:
>
> QUOTE: "Hussain pleaded guilty to driving his Skoda Superb without due care and attention." ENDS

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<28311449-f772-4ef6-a004-881cd6b0ba3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22731&group=uk.rec.cycling#22731

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:12:53 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 20:12 UTC

On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 19:34:25 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> What?
> >>
> >> Are you saying that the taxi (or whatever) was on the roundabout and the
> >> fairy-cycle collided with it when it (the fairy-cycle) was ridden onto
> >> the carriageway of the roundabout (which is strongly implied by the
> >> words "The cyclist was ... coming to a roundabout [and] was intending to
> >> go straight ahead"?
> >
> > No, that is incorrect.
> >
> > Victim and criminal were both approaching the roundabout, the victim was
> > in the left lane and the criminal moved into the victim's lane and
> > collided with him in a subsidised motor vehicle. I am sure the criminal
> > did not set out to harm anyone but this incident highlights why motor
> > vehicles should be restricted to a separate network of car paths away from roads.
> Take more water with it.
>
> --
> Spike

Where to you get your Khat?

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4l3nfF6oetU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22734&group=uk.rec.cycling#22734

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 20:34:56 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 20:34 UTC

On 09/02/2023 08:12 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 19:34:25 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, that is incorrect.
>>>
>>> Victim and criminal were both approaching the roundabout, the victim was
>>> in the left lane and the criminal moved into the victim's lane and
>>> collided with him in a subsidised motor vehicle. I am sure the criminal
>>> did not set out to harm anyone but this incident highlights why motor
>>> vehicles should be restricted to a separate network of car paths away from roads.
>> Take more water with it.
>>
>> --
>> Spike
>
> Where to you get your Khat?

The Khat's Home?

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<e760288d-58fe-42cf-b064-a05ee7a06b0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22735&group=uk.rec.cycling#22735

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 13:06:06 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 21:06 UTC

QUOTE: “The accident (SIC) is going to have significant ramifications with his licence from Newcastle council. He’s going to be on edge as to if he can still be a taxi driver.” ENDS

Maybe he'd be more "on edge" if he was the cyclist with roundabouts, low Suns and Mr Magoo drivers playing with their phones while speeding around. I'm sure he could find another job where he poses no risk to the public.

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4la6gF7ok6U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22736&group=uk.rec.cycling#22736

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: 9 Feb 2023 22:25:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 22:25 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 19:34:25 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Mike Collins <cmik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, that is incorrect.
>>>
>>> Victim and criminal were both approaching the roundabout, the victim was
>>> in the left lane and the criminal moved into the victim's lane and
>>> collided with him in a subsidised motor vehicle. I am sure the criminal
>>> did not set out to harm anyone but this incident highlights why motor
>>> vehicles should be restricted to a separate network of car paths away from roads.
>> Take more water with it.
>>
>> --
>> Spike
>
> Where to you get your Khat?

Thank you for proving my point.

--
Spike

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4llf9F9chhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22739&group=uk.rec.cycling#22739

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 01:37:45 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 01:37 UTC

On 09/02/2023 07:10 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 12:46:48 UTC, JNugent wrote:
>> On 08/02/2023 09:12 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Munna Hussain, 32, left his victim with a fractured collar bone and minor tissue damage after sending him tumbling near Asda, at Boldon Colliery.
>>>
>>> Hussain, of Athol Road, Hendon, Sunderland, was not working when he caused the accident at teatime on Tuesday, July 26 – and he stayed at the scene and dialled 999.
>>>
>>> But he will have to face the music with cabbie licensing bosses at Newcastle City Council for his admitted mishap, his solicitor admitted.
>>>
>>> His victim also revealed in a statement he fears getting back on his bike due to the roads becoming more dangerous due to falling driving standards.
>>>
>>> Prosecutor Mike Lawson said: “A vehicle driven by the defendant struck a cyclist on a roundabout.
>>>
>>> “The cyclist was in the inside lane and coming to a roundabout near Asda, with the road splitting into two lanes.
>>>
>>> “The injured party was intending to go straight ahead but the defendant had not seen him and pulled across his path, colliding with him.
>> What?
>>
>> Are you saying that the taxi (or whatever) was on the roundabout and the
>> fairy-cycle collided with it when it (the fairy-cycle) was ridden onto
>> the carriageway of the roundabout (which is strongly implied by the
>> words "The cyclist was ... coming to a roundabout [and] was intending to
>> go straight ahead"?
>
> No, that is incorrect.

I'm not convinced.

QUOTE:
The cyclist was in the inside lane and coming to a roundabout
ENDQUOTE

TRANSLATION: The fairy-cyclist was not on the roundabout

QUOTE:
the defendant had not seen him and pulled across his path
ENDQUOTE

TRANSLATION: The motor vehicle was in front of the fairy-cyclist (ie,
was already *on* the roundabout) when the fairy-cyclist entered the
roundabout's carriageway.

Perhaps there are other facts. But they'd need to be good to counter the
above.

> Victim and criminal were both approaching the roundabout, the victim was in the left lane and the criminal moved into the victim's lane and collided with him in a subsidised motor vehicle.

That's gibberish.

> I am sure the criminal did not set out to harm anyone but this incident highlights why motor vehicles should be restricted to a separate network of car paths away from roads.

That's double-gibberish.

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<cb641231-d3ab-4f3c-a446-9af2a41ab325n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22741&group=uk.rec.cycling#22741

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 22:37:28 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 06:37 UTC

On Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 9:06:07 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: “The accident (SIC) is going to have significant ramifications with his licence from Newcastle council. He’s going to be on edge as to if he can still be a taxi driver.” ENDS
>
> Maybe he'd be more "on edge" if he was the cyclist with roundabouts, low Suns and Mr Magoo drivers playing with their phones while speeding around. I'm sure he could find another job where he poses no risk to the public.

QUOTE: His victim also revealed in a statement he fears getting back on his bike due to the roads becoming more dangerous due to falling driving standards. ENDS

See, you idiot driver? THAT'S "ON EDGE" - not waiting to get a taxi ban through your own stupidity.

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<k4mguoFdb8dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22743&group=uk.rec.cycling#22743

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
Date: 10 Feb 2023 09:26:49 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:26 UTC

> QUOTE: His victim also revealed in a statement he fears getting back on
> his bike due to the roads becoming more dangerous due to falling driving standards. ENDS

What concerns most people is the falling standards as exhibited by
untested, untaxed, unlicensed, untrained cyclists.

> See, you idiot driver? THAT'S "ON EDGE" - not waiting to get a taxi ban
> through your own stupidity.

Or, as the account as written is unclear, possible stupidity lying
elsewhere.

--
Spike

Re: Sunderland taxi driver faces losing cab licence after knocking down cyclist outside Boldon Asda

<0097f996-a31d-49d0-bae5-2adc8c324ee2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22745&group=uk.rec.cycling#22745

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 03:54:15 -0800 (PST)
down cyclist outside Boldon Asda
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 11:54 UTC

QUOTE:“The cyclist was thrown off his bike, sustaining injuries. He suffered a broken collarbone and soft tissue damage to a hip.ENDS

Maybe the driver would like to swap places with the injured man if he is "on edge" over his job?