From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: A "heads up" for those with Sky
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 20:12:40 +0100
 by: John Hall - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 19:12 UTC

As they usually do, Sky are scheduled to cover a match from the final
round of the Championship next week. However it's possible that, now
that Surrey have already won the title with a round to spare, they may
decide not to bother in order to save a bit of money. I can remember
that happening a year or two ago.

(I'm trying to be restrained and not crow here about our win, but I'm
finding it difficult!)
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: A "heads up" for those with Sky

<899d46ba-dbe8-4949-bf9f-d09cd7598c47n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22761&group=uk.sport.cricket#22761

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 03:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A "heads up" for those with Sky
From: richsdix...@gmail.com (Richard Dixon)
 by: Richard Dixon - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:22 UTC

On Thursday, 22 September 2022 at 20:18:01 UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> As they usually do, Sky are scheduled to cover a match from the final
> round of the Championship next week. However it's possible that, now
> that Surrey have already won the title with a round to spare, they may
> decide not to bother in order to save a bit of money. I can remember
> that happening a year or two ago.

John I was on the new balcony with a friend sat next a group of gents who seemed to play age-group cricket for Surrey. Not sure if they were referring to you but someone mentioned "John Hall's downstairs" which I was wondering was you or not. Was on Wednesday.

Richard

Re: A "heads up" for those with Sky

<Qxz$kXBwigLjFwuE@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22772&group=uk.sport.cricket#22772

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 20:27:44 +0100
 by: John Hall - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 19:27 UTC

In message <899d46ba-dbe8-4949-bf9f-d09cd7598c47n@googlegroups.com>,
Richard Dixon <richsdixon1975@gmail.com> writes
>On Thursday, 22 September 2022 at 20:18:01 UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
>> As they usually do, Sky are scheduled to cover a match from the final
>> round of the Championship next week. However it's possible that, now
>> that Surrey have already won the title with a round to spare, they may
>> decide not to bother in order to save a bit of money. I can remember
>> that happening a year or two ago.
>
>John I was on the new balcony with a friend sat next a group of gents
>who seemed to play age-group cricket for Surrey. Not sure if they were
>referring to you but someone mentioned "John Hall's downstairs" which I
>was wondering was you or not. Was on Wednesday.
>
>Richard

Not me, I'm afraid. But I did know that there is at least one other
Surrey member with that name.

I'm afraid I never visit The Oval because, with my poor eyesight, I
wouldn't be able to see where the ball was. Also, given that I'd have to
use public transport, it would be quite a lengthy journey. So my
cricket-watching is confined to TV.

I'd arranged to meet a friend for lunch in a pub on Thursday but, thanks
to having bought one of those new-fangled smartphones a few months back,
I was able to follow the progress of the last day of the Surrey v
Yorkshire and Hampshire v Kent games. (But not frequently enough to seem
rude to my friend, I hope.)