From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: BBC comms on Wednesday
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 20:30:58 +0100
 by: max.it - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 19:30 UTC

I'm not sure who it was, I think it was Alex Hartley, said on comms,
'you bowl a shit delivery and get a wicket' - or something similar to
that. There was an awkward silence for a few moments before comms
resumed; as if nothing had happened.
Did anyone else hear that? I was sitting in a car with two of my Sons
at the time and we all looked at each other at the same time and asked
- what did she just say?

max.it

Re: BBC comms on Wednesday

<th7m3r$1k97$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22897&group=uk.sport.cricket#22897

From: heatonan...@gmail.com.invalid (James Heaton)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: BBC comms on Wednesday
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 22:12:20 +0100
 by: James Heaton - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 21:12 UTC

"max.it" wrote in message

>I'm not sure who it was, I think it was Alex Hartley, said on comms,
>you bowl a shit delivery and get a wicket' - or something similar to
>that. There was an awkward silence for a few moments before comms
>resumed; as if nothing had happened.
>Did anyone else hear that? I was sitting in a car with two of my Sons
>at the time and we all looked at each other at the same time and asked
>- what did she just say?

Yes 100% heard it. No doubt it was Alex Hartley I would know her voice
anywhere.

Been off work this week decluttering and listening to cricket whilst I work,
was in car driving to B&Q to pick up my online order of boxes!

Assume the silence was waiting for someone to stop laughing long enough to
open a mic.

James

Re: BBC comms on Wednesday

<ubpXbdAGK+NjFw7z@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22901&group=uk.sport.cricket#22901

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 07:47:34 +0100
 by: John Hall - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 06:47 UTC

In message <th7m3r$1k97$1@gioia.aioe.org>, James Heaton
<heatonandmoore@gmail.com.invalid> writes
>"max.it" wrote in message
>

>>I'm not sure who it was, I think it was Alex Hartley, said on comms,
>>you bowl a shit delivery and get a wicket' - or something similar to
>>that. There was an awkward silence for a few moments before comms
>>resumed; as if nothing had happened.
>>Did anyone else hear that? I was sitting in a car with two of my Sons
>>at the time and we all looked at each other at the same time and asked
>>- what did she just say?
>
>Yes 100% heard it. No doubt it was Alex Hartley I would know her voice
>anywhere.
>
>Been off work this week decluttering and listening to cricket whilst I
>work, was in car driving to B&Q to pick up my online order of boxes!
>
>Assume the silence was waiting for someone to stop laughing long enough
>to open a mic.
>
>James

Or thinking: "Oh God, what do we do? Do we apologise or just carry on
and pretend it never happened?"
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,