So I'm ugly. So what? I never saw anyone hit with his face. -- Yogi Berra

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider

SubjectAuthor
* Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another riderswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision withJNugent
+* Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision withswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Mason responds to "killfiled" poster's post in a thread dormantJNugent
+* Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision withswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collisionSpike
`* Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision withswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collisionSpike
 `- Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision withswldx...@gmail.com

1
Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider

<8e40d0c8-a96b-4ee1-899d-be9d7b2dea9en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4447&group=uk.rec.cycling#4447

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 06:49:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 14:49 UTC

A driver in Dorset has been arrested after a cyclist was killed in Portland yesterday, with police saying that it is believed the victim was involved in a collision with another rider immediately beforehand.

Officers were alerted to the fatal crash on the A354 Portland Beach Road at around 6.53am.

The cyclist, a local man aged in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.

The motorist, a woman aged in her 40s who lies in Portland, was driving a black Ford Focus and was arrested on suspicion of having committed a driving offence.

Police closed the road between the Osprey Quay roundabout and the junction with Hamm Beach Road while emergency services responded to the fatal crash.

Sergeant Dave Cotterill, of the force’s traffic unit, said (link is external): “Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the man who sadly died.

“We understand the cyclist was involved in a collision with another cyclist shortly before this incident and would urge anyone who witnessed either collision to please come forward.

“I am also appealing to any motorists who were travelling in the area and may have captured anything of relevance on dashcam footage.”

Anyone who has any information is asked to contact Dorset Police online at www.dorset.police.uk (link is external), via email to scit@dorset.pnn.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting incident number 15:56.

Alternatively, the charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.

https://road.cc/content/news/driver-arrested-cyclist-dies-after-crash-other-rider-287839

Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider

<k4qfjtF1oopU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22868&group=uk.rec.cycling#22868

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with
another rider
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:28:30 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:28 UTC

> A driver in Dorset has been arrested after a cyclist was killed in Portland yesterday, with police saying that it is believed the victim was involved in a collision with another rider immediately beforehand.
> Officers were alerted to the fatal crash on the A354 Portland Beach Road at around 6.53am.
> The cyclist, a local man aged in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
> The motorist, a woman aged in her 40s who lies in Portland, was driving a black Ford Focus and was arrested on suspicion of having committed a driving offence.

"lies in Portland"?

Typo or Freudian slip?

> Police closed the road between the Osprey Quay roundabout and the junction with Hamm Beach Road while emergency services responded to the fatal crash.
> Sergeant Dave Cotterill, of the force’s traffic unit, said (link is external): “Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the man who sadly died.
> “We understand the cyclist was involved in a collision with another cyclist shortly before this incident and would urge anyone who witnessed either collision to please come forward.
> “I am also appealing to any motorists who were travelling in the area and may have captured anything of relevance on dashcam footage.”
> Anyone who has any information is asked to contact Dorset Police online at www.dorset.police.uk (link is external), via email to scit@dorset.pnn.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting incident number 15:56.
>
> Alternatively, the charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/driver-arrested-cyclist-dies-after-crash-other-rider-287839

Have we heard any more?

It sounds as though the deceased had lost control of his machine after
the collision of his own bicycle with another cyclist, doesn't it?

Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider

<0942cf8d-aed1-4846-960b-6ecf906b7804n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22869&group=uk.rec.cycling#22869

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 13:36:05 -0800 (PST)
another rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:36 UTC

QUOTE: The motorist, a woman aged in her 40s who lies in Portland, ENDS

If she "lies" in court, she will be in deep trouble.

Re: Mason responds to "killfiled" poster's post in a thread dormant since November 2021 (was: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider)

<k4qgvdF205cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22873&group=uk.rec.cycling#22873

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Mason responds to "killfiled" poster's post in a thread dormant
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:51:41 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:51 UTC

> QUOTE: The motorist, a woman aged in her 40s who lies in Portland, ENDS
>
> If she "lies" in court, she will be in deep trouble.

THANK YOU!

Exactly as I knew you would, you have just responded to my post - which
is the only one made in that thread since 16th November *2021*.

You have been caught out yet again in your tales of the imaginary Google
Groups killfile, haven't you? :-)

You just aren't clever enough for the game, are you?

But still... live with it.

Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider

<6992561f-c832-42c6-9ff8-ac2a9da5f75bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22876&group=uk.rec.cycling#22876

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 14:11:36 -0800 (PST)
another rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 22:11 UTC

QUOTE: A driver in Dorset has been arrested after a cyclist was killed in Portland yesterday, with police saying that it is believed the victim was involved in a collision with another rider immediately beforehand. ENDS

Driver was arrested - surely some mistake?

Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider

<k4qmifF2rjfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22881&group=uk.rec.cycling#22881

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision
with another rider
Date: 11 Feb 2023 23:27:11 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 23:27 UTC

> QUOTE: A driver in Dorset has been arrested after a cyclist was killed in
> Portland yesterday, with police saying that it is believed the victim was
> involved in a collision with another rider immediately beforehand. ENDS
>
> Driver was arrested - surely some mistake?
And again!

Nice one, JNugent!

--
Spike

Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider

<0bb8159e-1417-4767-9f92-9480ca0c9bcdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22884&group=uk.rec.cycling#22884

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:41:03 -0800 (PST)
another rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 05:41 UTC

QUOTE: “Finally, I would like to thank the public for their patience and understanding while the road closure is in place. ENDS

Stuff 'em - a man was killed for God's sake.
I'm sure their trips to Poundland can wait.

Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider

<k4rq0nF7sqjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22892&group=uk.rec.cycling#22892

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
with another rider
Date: 12 Feb 2023 09:32:07 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 09:32 UTC

> QUOTE: “Finally, I would like to thank the public for their patience and
> understanding while the road closure is in place. ENDS

> Stuff 'em - a man was killed for God's sake.
> I'm sure their trips to Poundland can wait.

Or even their 7500-mile holidays.

--
Spike

Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider

<24998160-4b9a-4d7a-ae79-a83fc5172217n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22898&group=uk.rec.cycling#22898

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 03:26:34 -0800 (PST)
another rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 11:26 UTC

On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 5:41:05 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: “Finally, I would like to thank the public for their patience and understanding while the road closure is in place. ENDS
>
> Stuff 'em - a man was killed for God's sake.
> I'm sure their trips to Poundland can wait.

Didn't "Clarkson" say that the police should not investigate road deaths but open up roads without opening a new case?
What a selfish knob.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver arrested after cyclist killed following collision with another rider