There goes the good time that was had by all. -- Bette Davis, remarking on a passing starlet

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

SubjectAuthor
* Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" ofswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "fairy-cycling fraternity"JNugent
+* Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" ofswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "fairy-cycling fraternity"JNugent
|`- Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" ofswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cyclingSpike
+- Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" ofswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" ofRob Morley
 `- Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" ofswldx...@gmail.com

1
Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

<9b32a187-1b47-41b4-a579-aafb8596ff3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22924&group=uk.rec.cycling#22924

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 08:36:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of
"plotting" against him
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 16:36 UTC

Active travel campaigning in Norfolk would not be your first stop for tales of plotting and accusation, but one disgruntled pedestrian safety campaigner has claimed of just that — the "local cycling fraternity" plotting against him, forcing him out of an organisation he has worked for since 1997.

John Peacock, 68, told the Norwich Evening News (link is external) that he was last week told to "clear his desk" by the head office of Living Streets, the national charity formerly named the Pedestrians' Association before it later took up campaigning for issues of cycling too.

Mr Peacock took the lead of the Norwich branch 26 years ago but says he has been "aware" parts of the "local cycling fraternity" had been "plotting against" him.

"I have been aware that certain elements within the local cycling fraternity were plotting against me," he told the local press.

"They have long objected to my raising awareness of the imbalance in planning priorities between cyclists and pedestrians."

He argues Living Streets' 2001 decision to also campaign for issues affecting cycling has been detrimental to the organisation's messaging, with last week's developments a "slap in the face".

"The two simply do not mix. People did not join the Pedestrians' Association to become advocates for the cycling lobby," he continued.

"London Street was the first street in the UK to be pedestrianised, it's something we should be proud of. But I fear that is all gone. This is a slap in the face and shows a lack of professionalism. This came as a shock after being at the helm for 26 years."

However, in a plotting plot twist, a Living Streets spokesperson clarified that Mr Peacock both had not been dismissed and, to their understanding, had not been involved with the organisation for five years.

Living Streets also added that multiple local groups should be able to cooperate and function without issue. The charity added that it is grateful for Mr Peacock's years of service and hopes to resolve his frustration.

https://road.cc/content/news/campaigner-accuses-cycling-fraternity-plotting-299259

Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "fairy-cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

<k4skgrFbr7bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22927&group=uk.rec.cycling#22927

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "fairy-cycling fraternity"
of "plotting" against him
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 17:04:29 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 17:04 UTC

> Active travel campaigning in Norfolk would not be your first stop for tales of plotting and accusation, but one disgruntled pedestrian safety campaigner has claimed of just that — the "local fairy-cycling fraternity" plotting against him, forcing him out of an organisation he has worked for since 1997.
> John Peacock, 68, told the Norwich Evening News (link is external) that he was last week told to "clear his desk" by the head office of Living Streets, the national charity formerly named the Pedestrians' Association before it later took up campaigning for issues of fairy-cycling too.

No organisations which camapaigns for the rights of fairy-cyclists to
continue harrassing, injuring and killing pedestrians can be called "The
Pedestrians' Association" and if everything is as reported above, it has
at least been honest in removing those words from its title.

> Mr Peacock took the lead of the Norwich branch 26 years ago but says he has been "aware" parts of the "local fairy-cycling fraternity" had been "plotting against" him.

He probably took the part of pedestrians too readily.

> "I have been aware that certain elements within the local fairy-cycling fraternity were plotting against me," he told the local press.
> "They have long objected to my raising awareness of the imbalance in planning priorities between fairy-cyclists and pedestrians."
> He argues Living Streets' 2001 decision to also campaign for issues affecting cycling has been detrimental to the organisation's messaging, with last week's developments a "slap in the face".
> "The two simply do not mix. People did not join the Pedestrians' Association to become advocates for the fairy-cycling lobby," he continued.

How could anyone - even someone as unintelligent and anti-social as a
fairy-cyclist - argue to the contrary?

> "London Street was the first street in the UK to be pedestrianised, it's something we should be proud of. But I fear that is all gone. This is a slap in the face and shows a lack of professionalism. This came as a shock after being at the helm for 26 years."
> However, in a plotting plot twist, a Living Streets spokesperson clarified that Mr Peacock both had not been dismissed and, to their understanding, had not been involved with the organisation for five years.

That simply cannot be true if he had a desk there as recently as last
week, can it?

Someone is telling porkies. And a fairy-cyclist is always the prime
suspect for that.

For example, the whopper told by a fairy-cyclist in court a year or two
back: "I didn't know that brakes were a legal requirement on my
fairy-bike". Or another fairy-cyclist: "It's perfectly safe to drive
across a continent in a car without working windscreen wipers".

Or what about "I don't see posts by ***, ***** and ***** because I wrote
a killfile for Google Groups"?

> Living Streets also added that multiple local groups should be able to cooperate and function without issue. The charity added that it is grateful for Mr Peacock's years of service and hopes to resolve his frustration.

Drop the crazed support for anti-social fairy-cyclists, re-focus on
pedestrian safety (especially in pedestrian-only areas such as footways
and other facilities) and Bob's your uncle.

> https://road.cc/content/news/campaigner-accuses-cycling-fraternity-plotting-299259

Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

<8690340e-469a-4c67-a357-eecaf8a4f379n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22928&group=uk.rec.cycling#22928

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 09:56:29 -0800 (PST)
"plotting" against him
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 17:56 UTC

eburtthebike | 4056 posts | 46 min ago
4 likes

Dammit! How did he find out? Was it on GB news? Was it the cycling mafia, the left wing capitalist cyclists, the anti-growth coalition cyclists or the ultra-right wing Marxist-Leninist cyclists?

Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

<k4sp98Fcj3nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22929&group=uk.rec.cycling#22929

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling
fraternity" of "plotting" against him
Date: 12 Feb 2023 18:25:44 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 18:25 UTC

QUOTE

John Peacock, 68, told the Norwich Evening News (link is external) that he
was last week told to "clear his desk" by the head office of Living
Streets.

However, in a plotting plot twist, a Living Streets spokesperson clarified
that Mr Peacock both had not been dismissed and, to their understanding,
had not been involved with the organisation for five years.

ENDQUOTE

MRDA?

--
Spike

Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

<b86cf3f0-94df-49b9-bc53-0150ce112888n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22930&group=uk.rec.cycling#22930

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 10:59:39 -0800 (PST)
"plotting" against him
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 18:59 UTC

Boopop | 170 posts | 3 hours ago
8 like
I set up a local living streets group. I'm also secretary of the local cycling campaign group. Clearly in some circumstances pedestrians and cyclists shouldn't really mix, but I think to play them off against each other is a bit silly. The common enemy of all vulnerable road users is what we should all be campaigning against.

I'll give you a few clues - they usually have four wheels, weigh at least a ton, and are made of metal.

Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

<20230213003957.3a06b44e@Mars>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22932&group=uk.rec.cycling#22932

From: nos...@ntlworld.com (Rob Morley)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
"plotting" against him
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 00:39:57 +0000
H2J3@n:NH)h+HQQv-jP3EYU|.*HZ6q6nwd5N7uOFIr+@
 by: Rob Morley - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 00:39 UTC

On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 08:36:56 -0800 (PST)
"swldx...@gmail.com" <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, in a plotting plot twist, a Living Streets spokesperson
> clarified that Mr Peacock both had not been dismissed and, to their
> understanding, had not been involved with the organisation for five
> years.

Mr. Peacock seems confused - has he been working in the wrong office for
the last five years, and if he has who just fired him?

Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "fairy-cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

<k4tk6hFgfb9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22933&group=uk.rec.cycling#22933

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
of "plotting" against him
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 02:05:07 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 02:05 UTC

> eburtthebike | 4056 posts | 46 min ago
> 4 likes
>
> Dammit! How did he find out? Was it on GB news? Was it the fairy-cycling mafia, the left wing capitalist fairy-cyclists, the anti-growth coalition fairy-cyclists or the ultra-right wing Marxist-Leninist fairy-cyclists?

Just the lying, utterly mendacious, fairy-cyclists such as your good
self, M'Lud.

How's the killfile going?

Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

<9c729441-227a-48e8-937e-e38f7cc6cc86n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22934&group=uk.rec.cycling#22934

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 21:33:26 -0800 (PST)
"plotting" against him
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 05:33 UTC

chrisonatrike replied to Boopop | 5255 posts | 8 hours ago
2 likes

It's not "silly" at all. It's because everyone not in a motor vehicle has been left to fight over scraps. Ultimately it's to sell motor vehicles but more immediately because we all want to drive to the walk. Which means there isn't much space left to walk (or wheel or cycle).

Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him

<d27337a7-edb0-4539-8e3d-9873544c3c59n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22935&group=uk.rec.cycling#22935

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 21:36:03 -0800 (PST)
"plotting" against him
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 05:36 UTC

On Monday, February 13, 2023 at 12:40:00 AM UTC, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 08:36:56 -0800 (PST)
> "swldx...@gmail.com" <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > However, in a plotting plot twist, a Living Streets spokesperson
> > clarified that Mr Peacock both had not been dismissed and, to their
> > understanding, had not been involved with the organisation for five
> > years.
> Mr. Peacock seems confused - has he been working in the wrong office for
> the last five years, and if he has who just fired him?

QUOTE: Awavey wrote:

NFN - normal for Norfolk.
His wife and sister also used to work for Living Streets.
She resigned in disgust. ENDS

:-)

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Pedestrian safety campaigner accuses "cycling fraternity" of "plotting" against him