Others will look to you for stability, so hide when you bite your nails.

aus+uk / aus.politics / seat

SubjectAuthor
* seatMax
+* seatRod Speed
|+* seatPetzl
||`* seatRod Speed
|| `* seatPetzl
||  `* seatRod Speed
||   `- seatPetzl
|`- seatMax
`* seatFran
 `* seatMax
  `- seatSylvia Else

1
seat

<u19vfi$15is3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22981&group=aus.politics#22981

From: max...@invalid.address (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Subject: seat
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 08:24:47 +1000
 by: Max - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 22:24 UTC

If a sitting member of parliament gets convicted of a crime and is sent
to jail, will he/she lose his seat in parliament?

If the member is convicted of a crime but not sentenced to jail, can he
keep his seat?

Re: seat

<op.13c2coqebyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22982&group=aus.politics#22982

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Subject: Re: seat
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 08:35:02 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 22:35 UTC

Max <max@invalid.address> wrote

> If a sitting member of parliament gets convicted of a crime and is sent
> to jail, will he/she lose his seat in parliament?

> If the member is convicted of a crime but not sentenced to jail, can he
> keep his seat?

Depends on which parliment you are talking about and it isnt
just jail or not that matters. particularly with no jail term.

Re: seat

<096h3i540ohmtt16n99eh9peacuhc5jiiu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22987&group=aus.politics#22987

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:10:18 +1000
 by: Petzl - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 00:10 UTC

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 08:35:02 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Max <max@invalid.address> wrote
>
>> If a sitting member of parliament gets convicted of a crime and is sent
>> to jail, will he/she lose his seat in parliament?
>
>> If the member is convicted of a crime but not sentenced to jail, can he
>> keep his seat?
>
>Depends on which parliment you are talking about and it isnt
>just jail or not that matters. particularly with no jail term.

Also depends on if the seat will affect parties balance of power in
"our" duopoly!
--
Petzl
In a democracy of course you always get a choice.
Do you want to be governed by the red or by the blue it's entirely up
to you.
Do you want to be patronized or condescended to, by liars or by crooks
you get to choose.
Would you prefer your fundamental values to be insulted or ignored by
con-men or by charlatans.
In short do you want your influence to be zero or nil and when would
you like to be listened to, never or not at all, it's your choice
Do you want, some more choices, take-it-or-leave-it.
I'd be happy with any kind of representation wouldn't you, I would
like to see a new government and part of me doesn't give a damn who's
in it as long as it doesn't include anybody from the Labor, Liberal or
Green party organizations that show themselves to be without shame or
principle All spineless and authoritarian both cowardly and war
mongering at the same time
Put Labor, Liberal and Green party last on your Ballot!

Re: seat

<u1a711$16o48$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22988&group=aus.politics#22988

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:33:37 +1000
 by: Fran - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 00:33 UTC

On 14/04/2023 8:24 am, Max wrote:
> If a sitting member of parliament gets convicted of a crime and is sent
> to jail, will he/she lose his seat in parliament?
>
> If the member is convicted of a crime but not sentenced to jail, can he
> keep his seat?

Which Parliament?

One size does not fit all when it comes to Parliamentary rules and
procedures. State? Territory? Federal?

Re: seat

<u1a7a7$16pln$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22989&group=aus.politics#22989

From: max...@invalid.address (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:38:32 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 00:38 UTC

On 14/04/2023 10:33 am, Fran wrote:
> On 14/04/2023 8:24 am, Max wrote:
>> If a sitting member of parliament gets convicted of a crime and is
>> sent to jail, will he/she lose his seat in parliament?
>>
>> If the member is convicted of a crime but not sentenced to jail, can
>> he keep his seat?
>

> Which Parliament?
>
> One size does not fit all when it comes to Parliamentary rules and
> procedures.  State? Territory? Federal?

I was thinking of NSW state parliament.

Re: seat

<u1a7d1$16pln$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22990&group=aus.politics#22990

From: max...@invalid.address (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:40:01 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 00:40 UTC

On 14/04/2023 8:35 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@invalid.address> wrote
>
>> If a sitting member of parliament gets convicted of a crime and is
>> sent to jail, will he/she lose his seat in parliament?
>
>> If the member is convicted of a crime but not sentenced to jail, can
>> he keep his seat?
>
> Depends on which parliment you are talking about and it isnt
> just jail or not that matters. particularly with no jail term.

NSW state parliament is what I was thinking of.

Re: seat

<k9rlstF249kU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22991&group=aus.politics#22991

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:43:09 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 00:43 UTC

On 14-Apr-23 10:38 am, Max wrote:
> On 14/04/2023 10:33 am, Fran wrote:
>> On 14/04/2023 8:24 am, Max wrote:
>>> If a sitting member of parliament gets convicted of a crime and is
>>> sent to jail, will he/she lose his seat in parliament?
>>>
>>> If the member is convicted of a crime but not sentenced to jail, can
>>> he keep his seat?
>>

>> Which Parliament?
>>
>> One size does not fit all when it comes to Parliamentary rules and
>> procedures.  State? Territory? Federal?
>
> I was thinking of NSW state parliament.

In NSW, the test is not what the actual sentence is, but what it could
have been. If 5 years or more was on the table, then you're out, and the
expulsion is automatic.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca1902188/s13a.html

Sylvia.

Re: seat

<op.13c9w5iwbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22992&group=aus.politics#22992

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:18:31 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 01:18 UTC

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:10:18 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 08:35:02 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Max <max@invalid.address> wrote
>>
>>> If a sitting member of parliament gets convicted of a crime and is sent
>>> to jail, will he/she lose his seat in parliament?
>>
>>> If the member is convicted of a crime but not sentenced to jail, can he
>>> keep his seat?
>>
>> Depends on which parliment you are talking about and it isnt
>> just jail or not that matters. particularly with no jail term.
>>
> Also depends on if the seat will affect parties balance of power in
> "our" duopoly!

Nope, the rules are black and white, if you have been
convicted and sentenced for enough jail time, out you go.

Re: seat

<jmfh3i9q1rj1n7eghrvkfel0hsr3vv42q7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22995&group=aus.politics#22995

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:59:55 +1000
 by: Petzl - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 02:59 UTC

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:18:31 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:10:18 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 08:35:02 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Max <max@invalid.address> wrote

>>> Depends on which parliment you are talking about and it isnt
>>> just jail or not that matters. particularly with no jail term.
>>>
>> Also depends on if the seat will affect parties balance of power in
>> "our" duopoly!
>
>Nope, the rules are black and white, if you have been
>convicted and sentenced for enough jail time, out you go.

Theoretically but not in practice. Crooked One Nation yes.
Angus Taylor and Barnaby Joyce no! a example of many.
<https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/angus-taylor-barnaby-joyce-and-an-80-million-water-leak,12603>
https://tinyurl.com/29rpke6y

Nor Labor Party rapists
Bill Shorten as example of many.
<https://theconversation.com/shorten-outs-himself-as-labor-figure-in-rape-investigation-30781>
https://tinyurl.com/257usjg9
--
[...]
Or just 1 for One Nation, who give zero preferences to other parties.
Pauline Hanson survives and gets stronger, despite the lies by conmen
and by charlatans, then ramped up by fakenews.
https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=491358389711894

Put Labor, Liberal and Green party last on your Ballot!
Or just 1 for One Nation, who give zero preferences to other parties

Re: seat

<op.13dfwljhbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22996&group=aus.politics#22996

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:27:47 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 03:27 UTC

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:59:55 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:18:31 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:10:18 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Also depends on if the seat will affect parties balance of power in
>>> "our" duopoly!
>>
>> Nope, the rules are black and white, if you have been
>> convicted and sentenced for enough jail time, out you go.

> Theoretically but not in practice.

Bullshit.

> Crooked One Nation yes.

> Angus Taylor and Barnaby Joyce no! a example of many.

Neither of those ever got convicted in a court
of law of a crime which qualified for dismissal.

> <https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/angus-taylor-barnaby-joyce-and-an-80-million-water-leak,12603>
> https://tinyurl.com/29rpke6y

Never even got charged, let alone convicted and jailed.

> Nor Labor Party rapists
> Bill Shorten as example of many.
> <https://theconversation.com/shorten-outs-himself-as-labor-figure-in-rape-investigation-30781>
> https://tinyurl.com/257usjg9

Never even got charged, let alone convicted and jailed.

Re: seat

<cdjh3i522rfhr3j4uie5mv50gdof0ljd24@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22997&group=aus.politics#22997

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 14:08:38 +1000
 by: Petzl - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 04:08 UTC

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:27:47 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:59:55 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:18:31 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Nope, the rules are black and white, if you have been
>>> convicted and sentenced for enough jail time, out you go.
>
>> Theoretically but not in practice.
>
>Bullshit.
>
>> Crooked One Nation yes.
>
>> Angus Taylor and Barnaby Joyce no! a example of many.
>
>Neither of those ever got convicted in a court
>of law of a crime which qualified for dismissal.

Asking no questions were told no lies, how convenient not!

>> <https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/angus-taylor-barnaby-joyce-and-an-80-million-water-leak,12603>
>> https://tinyurl.com/29rpke6y
>
>Never even got charged, let alone convicted and jailed.
>
>> Nor Labor Party rapists
>> Bill Shorten as example of many.
>> <https://theconversation.com/shorten-outs-himself-as-labor-figure-in-rape-investigation-30781>
>> https://tinyurl.com/257usjg9
>
>Never even got charged, let alone convicted and jailed.

Asking no questions were told no lies, how convenient not!

Now we have (Labor supported) Chinese Developers evicting elderly from
their Age care residents
These were all in top pristine Sydney locations, no scandalous
tretment very expensive and first class.
Again sking no questions told no lies, how convenient not!

Good that Chinese developers (owners of Labor) have offered Wesley
Mission Old age care more money than God?
Move along nothing to see here!
<https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/aug/27/current-nsw-labor-secretary-saw-aldi-bag-filled-with-cash-after-banned-donor-visit-icac-hears>
https://tinyurl.com/223o7xkq