With YOU, I can be MYSELF ... We don't NEED Dan Rather ...

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

SubjectAuthor
* Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industryswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinJNugent
+* Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
||+- Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinJNugent
||`- Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoingSpike
|`- Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinJNugent
+* Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoingSpike
| +* Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinswldx...@gmail.com
| |+- Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoingSpike
| |`* Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinswldx...@gmail.com
| | `- Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinJNugent
| `- Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems withinJNugent

Pages:123
Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<1064db44-708b-4e19-bf03-2ade05c3184cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23027&group=uk.rec.cycling#23027

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:56:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 19:56 UTC

Brompton Bikes' CEO Will Butler-Adams has addressed the issues facing brands in the industry, and points to enduring problems from Brexit, rising energy bills, the pandemic and the cost-of-living crisis for contributing to a challenging time for the folding bicycle manufacturer.

Speaking at length with Raconteur (link is external), Butler-Adams noted the hit on the company's pre-tax profit for the year ending March 2022, down 24 per cent to £7.3 million despite revenues rising 40 per cent year-on-year, and puts the fall down to wage inflation and a rise in the cost of materials.

He also raised the issue of ongoing problems caused by "bloody Brexit", the like of which have been well-documented since the end of the transition period in January 2021 and saw many British-based cycling businesses lose sales, suffer due to VAT changes, have to complete time-consuming paperwork and in extreme cases even cease business altogether.

https://road.cc/content/news/brompton-ceo-bemoans-bloody-brexit-299317

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within fairy-bike industry

<k54jj1FjaflU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23054&group=uk.rec.cycling#23054

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within
fairy-bike industry
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:37:37 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:37 UTC

> Brompton Fairy Bikes' CEO Will Butler-Adams has addressed the issues facing brands in the industry, and points to enduring problems from Brexit, rising energy bills, the pandemic and the cost-of-living crisis for contributing to a challenging time for the folding fairy-bicycle manufacturer.
>
> Speaking at length with Raconteur (link is external), Butler-Adams noted the hit on the company's pre-tax profit for the year ending March 2022, down 24 per cent to £7.3 million despite revenues rising 40 per cent year-on-year, and puts the fall down to wage inflation and a rise in the cost of materials.
>
> He also raised the issue of ongoing problems caused by "bloody Brexit", the like of which have been well-documented since the end of the transition period in January 2021 and saw many British-based fairy-cycling businesses lose sales, suffer due to VAT changes, have to complete time-consuming paperwork and in extreme cases even cease business altogether.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/brompton-ceo-bemoans-bloody-brexit-299317

Who (of the slightest importance) CARES?

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<52fd84f3-f215-42c3-a985-c16bfc765f62n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23063&group=uk.rec.cycling#23063

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 10:02:50 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:02 UTC

On Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 7:56:33 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Brompton Bikes' CEO Will Butler-Adams has addressed the issues facing brands in the industry, and points to enduring problems from Brexit, rising energy bills, the pandemic and the cost-of-living crisis for contributing to a challenging time for the folding bicycle manufacturer.
>
> Speaking at length with Raconteur (link is external), Butler-Adams noted the hit on the company's pre-tax profit for the year ending March 2022, down 24 per cent to £7.3 million despite revenues rising 40 per cent year-on-year, and puts the fall down to wage inflation and a rise in the cost of materials.
>
> He also raised the issue of ongoing problems caused by "bloody Brexit", the like of which have been well-documented since the end of the transition period in January 2021 and saw many British-based cycling businesses lose sales, suffer due to VAT changes, have to complete time-consuming paperwork and in extreme cases even cease business altogether.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/brompton-ceo-bemoans-bloody-brexit-299317

But but - here's the upside.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpBsRJMWAAY7Iwb?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within fairy-bike industry

<k56mcvFt3rqU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23093&group=uk.rec.cycling#23093

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-bike industry
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:37:52 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:37 UTC

On 15/02/2023 06:02 pm, swldx...@gmail.com...

....pretending only to respond to himself again (!!), says:

> On Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 7:56:33 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Brompton Bikes' CEO Will Butler-Adams has addressed the issues facing brands in the industry, and points to enduring problems from Brexit, rising energy bills, the pandemic and the cost-of-living crisis for contributing to a challenging time for the folding fairy-bicycle manufacturer.

Is the company "folding", then?

>> Speaking at length with Raconteur (link is external), Butler-Adams noted the hit on the company's pre-tax profit for the year ending March 2022, down 24 per cent to £7.3 million despite revenues rising 40 per cent year-on-year, and puts the fall down to wage inflation and a rise in the cost of materials.
>> He also raised the issue of ongoing problems caused by "bloody Brexit", the like of which have been well-documented since the end of the transition period in January 2021 and saw many British-based fairy-cycling businesses lose sales, suffer due to VAT changes, have to complete time-consuming paperwork and in extreme cases even cease business altogether.
>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/brompton-ceo-bemoans-bloody-brexit-299317
>
> But but - here's the upside.
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpBsRJMWAAY7Iwb?format=jpg&name=medium

No-one of the slightest importance *cares*.

It's only people like you.

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<cbc3648a-5fb3-47a0-8e0b-e17b718f4d22n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23100&group=uk.rec.cycling#23100

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 05:19:07 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 13:19 UTC

It's Russan gas, apparently.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpF06QNWcAAfVa0?format=jpg&name=900x900

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<k56s7uFu26rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23112&group=uk.rec.cycling#23112

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing
problems within bike industry
Date: 16 Feb 2023 14:17:34 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 14:17 UTC

> It's Russan gas, apparently.

> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpF06QNWcAAfVa0?format=jpg&name=900x900

It’s amazing what you can hide by taking an average and comparing that with
a non-averaged value. It’s the sort of sleight-of-hand that’s directed at
morons.

--
Spike

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<15af0dd1-6186-4083-91ff-82ff25e32296n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23123&group=uk.rec.cycling#23123

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 08:11:58 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 16:11 UTC

On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 1:19:08 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> It's Russan gas, apparently.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpF06QNWcAAfVa0?format=jpg&name=900x900

Bloody EU!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpGcfD7XsAQeECP?format=jpg&name=small

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<k574k6Frt4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23129&group=uk.rec.cycling#23129

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
problems within bike industry
Date: 16 Feb 2023 16:40:38 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 16:40 UTC

<https://www.startpage.com/av/proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcSozG69tr-Dbs53xknpdQq7wy-q_fU2Cl2gwNm5g9yubDtJ7UM%26s&sp=1676565483Tf01fea6a42213fd13e091255388927f5e01481f4c15b6b57c67e24cbf38e3393>

--
Spike

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<5dee595e-1cad-4e49-b019-7463f9a71e0en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23133&group=uk.rec.cycling#23133

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:00:14 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:00 UTC

On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 4:12:00 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Brextards are holding these graphs upside down.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpGfAc3XgAIHWxy?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within fairy-bike industry

<k5785rF1c0eU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23139&group=uk.rec.cycling#23139

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-bike industry
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:41:15 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:41 UTC

> It's Russan gas, apparently.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpF06QNWcAAfVa0?format=jpg&name=900x900

Is that similar to Russian gas?

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within fairy-bike industry

<k5788hF1c0eU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23140&group=uk.rec.cycling#23140

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-bike industry
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:42:41 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:42 UTC

On 16/02/2023 02:17 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It's Russan [sic] gas, apparently.
>
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpF06QNWcAAfVa0?format=jpg&name=900x900
>
> It’s amazing what you can hide by taking an average and comparing that with
> a non-averaged value. It’s the sort of sleight-of-hand that’s directed at
> morons.

At least you can't say it doesn't work when directed at its target audience.

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<c406760b-7f63-481f-82f6-7894bea147b2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23146&group=uk.rec.cycling#23146

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:59:45 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:59 UTC

On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 5:00:18 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 4:12:00 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Brextards are holding these graphs upside down.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpGfAc3XgAIHWxy?format=jpg&name=medium

Farage lying again - surely not?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpG1KgdWYAI2qKm?format=jpg&name=900x900

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within fairy-bike industry

<k57fd7F2fjjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23162&group=uk.rec.cycling#23162

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
problems within fairy-bike industry
Date: 16 Feb 2023 19:44:39 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 19:44 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 16/02/2023 02:17 pm, Spike wrote:
>
>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> It's Russan [sic] gas, apparently.
>>
>>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpF06QNWcAAfVa0?format=jpg&name=900x900

>> It’s amazing what you can hide by taking an average and comparing that with
>> a non-averaged value. It’s the sort of sleight-of-hand that’s directed at
>> morons.

> At least you can't say it doesn't work when directed at its target audience.

<vbg>

--
Spike

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<261eaa14-1b79-454b-8758-7389393a45e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23167&group=uk.rec.cycling#23167

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:58:50 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer2...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 19:58 UTC

> Farage lying again - surely not?
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpG1KgdWYAI2qKm?format=jpg&name=900x900

Are the arseholes "taking back control" yet?
Wasn't that the racist Brextard's greatest wish?

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<k57oj5F3rj8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23175&group=uk.rec.cycling#23175

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
problems within bike industry
Date: 16 Feb 2023 22:21:25 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 22:21 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer2022@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Farage lying again - surely not?
>>
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpG1KgdWYAI2qKm?format=jpg&name=900x900

> Are the arseholes "taking back control" yet?
> Wasn't that the racist Brextard's greatest wish?

What’s upset you today?

Amsterdam and Paris turns out to be more polluted than London?

Death rate for Dutch cyclists far greater than that of London?

Welcome to the real world.

--
Spike

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<66375816-2738-4c45-aa79-622fc8252649n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23176&group=uk.rec.cycling#23176

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 21:26:03 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 05:26 UTC

QUOTE:He also raised the issue of ongoing problems caused by "bloody Brexit", the like of which have been well-documented since the end of the transition period in January 2021 and saw many British-based cycling businesses lose sales, suffer due to VAT changes, have to complete time-consuming paperwork and in extreme cases even cease business altogether. ENDS

In other news, a muddy field went bust.

Britishvolt was meant to be the UK’s answer to Tesla. By 2024, it was supposed to be producing hundreds of thousands of lithium-ion batteries a year for the British automotive sector, and driving an industrial renaissance for the economically deprived northeast of the country.

Since its launch in 2019, the company had amassed nearly $2.5 billion in funding promises, including £100 million ($123 million) from the UK government, and preliminary deals to supply batteries to Aston Martin and Lotus..

But barely nine months after it broke ground on its “gigafactory” in Northumberland in August 2022, Britishvolt has gone into administration.

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<k58vssF9he9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23187&group=uk.rec.cycling#23187

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
problems within bike industry
Date: 17 Feb 2023 09:32:12 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 09:32 UTC

> QUOTE:He also raised the issue of ongoing problems caused by "bloody
> Brexit", the like of which have been well-documented since the end of the
> transition period in January 2021 and saw many British-based cycling
> businesses lose sales, suffer due to VAT changes, have to complete
> time-consuming paperwork and in extreme cases even cease business altogether. ENDS

Caused by in inflexible business model?

The Germans seem to have coped, why can’t Brompton?

> In other news, a muddy field went bust.

> Britishvolt was meant to be the UK’s answer to Tesla. By 2024, it was
> supposed to be producing hundreds of thousands of lithium-ion batteries a
> year for the British automotive sector, and driving an industrial
> renaissance for the economically deprived northeast of the country.

> Since its launch in 2019, the company had amassed nearly $2.5 billion in
> funding promises, including £100 million ($123 million) from the UK
> government, and preliminary deals to supply batteries to Aston Martin and Lotus.

> But barely nine months after it broke ground on its “gigafactory” in
> Northumberland in August 2022, Britishvolt has gone into administration.

Caused by an unrealistic business model.

Like the dinosaurs, it’s a case of adapt or die.

--
Spike

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<9044aa94-49df-4366-b68e-2d6369858b8bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23192&group=uk.rec.cycling#23192

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 02:44:34 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:44 UTC

> But barely nine months after it broke ground on its “gigafactory” in Northumberland in August 2022, Britishvolt has gone into administration.

Honda could be the canary in the coal mine: those in the know worry that Japanese businesses are quietly unpicking themselves from the fabric of British society, 30 years after they first laid down significant roots in the UK.. From Swindon to Sunderland, from automobiles to insurance, Japanese companies are suddenly turning cold on the UK. Why they’re doing it may seem obvious to many, but it’s not something most want to admit.

BREXIT AGAIN.

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<k59bkuFb9g8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23209&group=uk.rec.cycling#23209

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
problems within bike industry
Date: 17 Feb 2023 12:52:46 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:52 UTC

>> But barely nine months after it broke ground on its “gigafactory” in
>> Northumberland in August 2022, Britishvolt has gone into administration.
>
> Honda could be the canary in the coal mine: those in the know worry that
> Japanese businesses are quietly unpicking themselves from the fabric of
> British society, 30 years after they first laid down significant roots in
> the UK. From Swindon to Sunderland, from automobiles to insurance,
> Japanese companies are suddenly turning cold on the UK. Why they’re doing
> it may seem obvious to many, but it’s not something most want to admit.
>
> BREXIT AGAIN.

The Japanese don’t like change, so to avoid it they are having to change.

Or, in other words, they don’t like it up ‘em.

--
Spike

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<5faeaad7-8192-429d-a733-9131d2c66f2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23219&group=uk.rec.cycling#23219

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 06:14:15 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:14 UTC

On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 10:44:36 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > But barely nine months after it broke ground on its “gigafactory” in Northumberland in August 2022, Britishvolt has gone into administration.
> Honda could be the canary in the coal mine: those in the know worry that Japanese businesses are quietly unpicking themselves from the fabric of British society, 30 years after they first laid down significant roots in the UK. From Swindon to Sunderland, from automobiles to insurance, Japanese companies are suddenly turning cold on the UK. Why they’re doing it may seem obvious to many, but it’s not something most want to admit.
>
> BREXIT AGAIN.

Nissan will be the next to flee the UK when their bung runs out.

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<k59mm6Fcu3qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23228&group=uk.rec.cycling#23228

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
problems within bike industry
Date: 17 Feb 2023 16:01:10 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:01 UTC

> On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 10:44:36 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> But barely nine months after it broke ground on its “gigafactory” in
>>> Northumberland in August 2022, Britishvolt has gone into administration.

>> Honda could be the canary in the coal mine: those in the know worry that
>> Japanese businesses are quietly unpicking themselves from the fabric of
>> British society, 30 years after they first laid down significant roots
>> in the UK. From Swindon to Sunderland, from automobiles to insurance,
>> Japanese companies are suddenly turning cold on the UK. Why they’re
>> doing it may seem obvious to many, but it’s not something most want to admit.

>> BREXIT AGAIN.

> Nissan will be the next to flee the UK when their bung runs out.

Here is a lesson written in Special English:

President Biden has passed an Inflation Reduction Act into law. It is
intended to subsidise those industries regarded as being ‘green’.

This includes Electric Vehicle production and its supporting industries.

The sum being pledged is $360bn.

Car makers are moving production to the US to take advantage of this money.

That means they are ending production in countries offering smaller sources
of public money.

President Biden’s Act was not influenced by Brexit.

--
Spike

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<82dc7072-439a-46e1-8d69-2a8bc79c952dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23236&group=uk.rec.cycling#23236

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:21:57 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:21 UTC

On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 2:14:16 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 10:44:36 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > But barely nine months after it broke ground on its “gigafactory” in Northumberland in August 2022, Britishvolt has gone into administration.
> > Honda could be the canary in the coal mine: those in the know worry that Japanese businesses are quietly unpicking themselves from the fabric of British society, 30 years after they first laid down significant roots in the UK. From Swindon to Sunderland, from automobiles to insurance, Japanese companies are suddenly turning cold on the UK. Why they’re doing it may seem obvious to many, but it’s not something most want to admit..
> >
> > BREXIT AGAIN.
> Nissan will be the next to flee the UK when their bung runs out.

Honda has already buggered off.

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<k59s0vFdocgU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23256&group=uk.rec.cycling#23256

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
problems within bike industry
Date: 17 Feb 2023 17:32:15 GMT
<82dc7072-439a-46e1-8d69-2a8bc79c952dn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 17:32 UTC

>>> Honda could be the canary in the coal mine: those in the know worry
>>> that Japanese businesses are quietly unpicking themselves from the
>>> fabric of British society, 30 years after they first laid down
>>> significant roots in the UK. From Swindon to Sunderland, from
>>> automobiles to insurance, Japanese companies are suddenly turning cold
>>> on the UK. Why they’re doing it may seem obvious to many, but it’s not
>>> something most want to admit.
>>>
>>> BREXIT AGAIN.
>> Nissan will be the next to flee the UK when their bung runs out.
>
> Honda has already buggered off.

Bad business decision. They should have waited for Biden’s Inflation
Reduction Act then took the money.

--
Spike

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<6819464a-a823-4c47-a627-b68a9428f534n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23261&group=uk.rec.cycling#23261

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 09:54:58 -0800 (PST)
bike industry
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 17:54 UTC

Brompton isn't alone in seeing these effects. Brexit has hit UK investment by the equivalent of £1000 per household (link is external). And yet some people still say they don't regret voting for it because they did so due to a deep, abiding love for sovereignty. That's a bit like saying you don't regret buying a half-built, rat-infested holiday timeshare because you have a deep, abiding love for sunshine and sangria. Fine, but you were still taken in by a false prospectus. You're still a victim of fraud.

Re: Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry

<k59vbnFe8h2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23267&group=uk.rec.cycling#23267

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
problems within bike industry
Date: 17 Feb 2023 18:29:11 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 18:29 UTC

> Brompton isn't alone in seeing these effects. Brexit has hit UK
> investment by the equivalent of £1000 per household (link is external).
> And yet some people still say they don't regret voting for it because
> they did so due to a deep, abiding love for sovereignty. That's a bit
> like saying you don't regret buying a half-built, rat-infested holiday
> timeshare because you have a deep, abiding love for sunshine and sangria.
> Fine, but you were still taken in by a false prospectus. You're still a victim of fraud.

Without the link (which is external) the above whinge is, well, just that.

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Brompton CEO bemoans "bloody Brexit" for ongoing problems within bike industry