There's a whole WORLD in a mud puddle! -- Doug Clifford

aus+uk / uk.comp.homebuilt / Re: improving appearance of scratches in laptop LCD screen

SubjectAuthor
* improving appearance of scratches in laptop LCD screenjkn
`- Re: improving appearance of scratches in laptop LCD screenGlowingBlueMist

1
improving appearance of scratches in laptop LCD screen

<36523dfb-1a5f-40de-a91d-91ed8795d317n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2307&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2307

Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 05:35:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: improving appearance of scratches in laptop LCD screen
From: jkn...@nicorp.f9.co.uk (jkn)
 by: jkn - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 12:35 UTC

Hi all
as per the subject, really. I have recently bought a laptop via eBay which is
otherwise as advertised, but has a couple of small-ish scratches on the
screen. I am a bit of a picky b*gger at times, and these are going to
annoy me a little...

I am in courteous discussions with the seller but wondered if anyone had
any experience with improving the appearance of this sort of fault.
There are all sorts of shonky 'fixes' out there, most of which I wouldn't
go near with a bargepole...

Thanks for any advice
J^n

Re: improving appearance of scratches in laptop LCD screen

<t8fo4a$cqn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2308&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2308

From: GlowingB...@blackhole.io (GlowingBlueMist)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 12:09:29 -0500
 by: GlowingBlueMist - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 17:09 UTC

On 6/16/2022 7:35 AM, jkn wrote:
> Hi all
> as per the subject, really. I have recently bought a laptop via eBay which is
> otherwise as advertised, but has a couple of small-ish scratches on the
> screen. I am a bit of a picky b*gger at times, and these are going to
> annoy me a little...
>
> I am in courteous discussions with the seller but wondered if anyone had
> any experience with improving the appearance of this sort of fault.
> There are all sorts of shonky 'fixes' out there, most of which I wouldn't
> go near with a bargepole...
>
> Thanks for any advice
> J^n
If the problems really bother you I'd take a look on YouTube on how to
replace the entire screen.

Now a days you can usually find a step-by-step video showing you how to
do this based on your laptop's brand and model.

One other benefit is that for most laptops the replacement screen can be
had with a glossy or matte finish. It really just depends on how much
you want to pay to have the perfect looking display and if you can
follow the applicable YouTube instructions.

A cheaper and easier alternative would be to try one of those monitor
protector stick-on screens, similar to those used on most cell phones
these days.