Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 08:19:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Impatient driver mounts pavement to overtake cyclists on 20mph road
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 16:19 UTC

It's not the first time we've covered the CyclingInASkirt account here on the live blog, back in November the rider, try not to eye roll, 'sparked debate' (as certain tabloids would say) about road positioning by uploading a video of a motorist's frantic braking to avoid hitting her as the driver pulled out of a parking space.

"This is why cyclists ride in the middle of the road," the rider concluded, only to be told in no uncertain terms by many an upset blue bird app user that cyclists should anticipate danger...

Yep, it's your fault we almost knocked you off.

#cyclists holding you up for a few seconds going up a steep hill on a narrow 20mph residential road? Then just drive at full speed on the opposite pavement which is apparently fine....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1625987703614369794

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Impatient driver mounts pavement to overtake cyclists on 20mph road