If you had any brains, you'd be dangerous.

aus+uk / aus.computers / Telstra!

SubjectAuthor
* Telstra!Peter Jason
+* Re: Telstra!Rod Speed
|`* Re: Telstra!Peter Jason
| +* Re: Telstra!Petzl
| |`* Re: Telstra!Rod Speed
| | `* Re: Telstra!Peter Jason
| |  +- Re: Telstra!Rod Speed
| |  `- Re: Telstra!Petzl
| `* Re: Telstra!Rod Speed
|  +* Re: Telstra!Mountain Magpies
|  |+- Re: Telstra!Rod Speed
|  |`* Re: Telstra!Computer Nerd Kev
|  | +* Re: Telstra!Rod Speed
|  | |`* Re: Telstra!Mountain Magpies
|  | | `- Re: Telstra!Rod Speed
|  | `- Re: Telstra!Frank Slootweg
|  +- Re: Telstra!Yosemite Sam
|  `- Re: Telstra!Rod Speed
`* Re: Telstra!Mountain Magpies
 `- Re: Telstra!Peter Jason

1
Telstra!

<aplnrg5hjob1n5lkihtihjuh3g9keo6i5p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2326&group=aus.computers#2326

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Telstra!
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:22:15 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 00:22 UTC

I have their cheapest DOT Business plan which gives 4 phone
extensions, Internet and optionally fax and other complicated stuff
I've switched off.

I also have a mobile pre-paid.

I want to link/blend/add this mobile to the DOT Business Plan but for
some reason they won't do it, after spending a day on the phone with
them. Why is it so difficult?

Re: Telstra!

<j225agFfhc9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2327&group=aus.computers#2327

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Re: Telstra!
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:52:29 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 00:52 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> I have their cheapest DOT Business plan which gives
> 4 phone extensions, Internet and optionally fax and
> other complicated stuff I've switched off.
> I also have a mobile pre-paid.
> I want to link/blend/add this mobile to the DOT Business
> Plan but for some reason they won't do it, after spending
> a day on the phone with them. Why is it so difficult?

Because Telstra is useless.

Put the mobile on a $10 a month unlimited calls and texts and
MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country and 4-6 GB of
data on the optarse network.

Re: Telstra!

<j23andFm831U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2330&group=aus.computers#2330

From: inva...@nospam.com (Mountain Magpies)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 00:46:18 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpies - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 00:46 UTC

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:22:15 +1100, Peter Jason posted:-

> I have their cheapest DOT Business plan which gives 4 phone
> extensions, Internet and optionally fax and other complicated stuff
> I've switched off.
>
> I also have a mobile pre-paid.
>
> I want to link/blend/add this mobile to the DOT Business Plan but for
> some reason they won't do it, after spending a day on the phone with
> them. Why is it so difficult?

You deserve a VC talking to Tel$tra for a whole day! Painful people
there at the best of times.

Re: Telstra!

<h72qrghach5lgkgj3p34kvur3d4cb2klb5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2331&group=aus.computers#2331

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 09:03:54 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:03 UTC

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 00:46:18 -0000, Mountain Magpies
<invalid@nospam.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:22:15 +1100, Peter Jason posted:-
>
>> I have their cheapest DOT Business plan which gives 4 phone
>> extensions, Internet and optionally fax and other complicated stuff
>> I've switched off.
>>
>> I also have a mobile pre-paid.
>>
>> I want to link/blend/add this mobile to the DOT Business Plan but for
>> some reason they won't do it, after spending a day on the phone with
>> them. Why is it so difficult?
>>

>You deserve a VC talking to Tel$tra for a whole day! Painful people
>there at the best of times.

There wasn't much talking. Rather the teen creature at the other end
of the line kept running off to consult her "supervisor".

Re: Telstra!

<ja2qrglioseehv98rm8h9redmrerbeqfn7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2332&group=aus.computers#2332

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 09:05:40 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:05 UTC

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:52:29 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>
>> I have their cheapest DOT Business plan which gives
>> 4 phone extensions, Internet and optionally fax and
>> other complicated stuff I've switched off.
>
>> I also have a mobile pre-paid.
>
>> I want to link/blend/add this mobile to the DOT Business
>> Plan but for some reason they won't do it, after spending
>> a day on the phone with them. Why is it so difficult?
>
>Because Telstra is useless.
>
>Put the mobile on a $10 a month unlimited calls and texts and
>MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country and 4-6 GB of
>data on the optarse network.

Well, I can't find this. Exploring the Optus web page(s) is like
finding a plot in a phone book.

Re: Telstra!

<533qrghmi8gt071a3u867j9oestc0qh4h0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2333&group=aus.computers#2333

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 09:38:11 +1100
 by: Petzl - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:38 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 09:05:40 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:52:29 +1100, "Rod Speed"
><rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>
>>> I have their cheapest DOT Business plan which gives
>>> 4 phone extensions, Internet and optionally fax and
>>> other complicated stuff I've switched off.
>>
>>> I also have a mobile pre-paid.
>>
>>> I want to link/blend/add this mobile to the DOT Business
>>> Plan but for some reason they won't do it, after spending
>>> a day on the phone with them. Why is it so difficult?
>>
>>Because Telstra is useless.
>>
>>Put the mobile on a $10 a month unlimited calls and texts and
>>MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country and 4-6 GB of
>>data on the optarse network.
>
>Well, I can't find this. Exploring the Optus web page(s) is like
>finding a plot in a phone book.

Depending where you are may give different quality coverage for Optus
or Telstra mobile.

The cheaper selection is to check Aldi/Boost for Telstra,

Amaysim for Optus carrier.
Rod uses a carrier for Optus this one MONTHLY charge but doesn't save
unused data
https://moosemobile.com.au/

I use also Optus but 28 day renewal but banks unused data
https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans/

--
Petzl
Gough Whitlam when Joe Riordan lost the seat of Philip in Sydney’s

I had an uncle that lived in Wellington. He voted Liberal all his
life until he passed away 10 years ago. Now he votes Labor.

Re: Telstra!

<j2536kF24fvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2334&group=aus.computers#2334

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:34:40 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 03:34 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>>Because Telstra is useless.
>>>
>>>Put the mobile on a $10 a month unlimited calls and texts and
>>>MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country and 4-6 GB of
>>>data on the optarse network.
>>
>>Well, I can't find this. Exploring the Optus web page(s) is like
>>finding a plot in a phone book.
>
> Depending where you are may give different quality coverage for Optus
> or Telstra mobile.
>
> The cheaper selection is to check Aldi/Boost for Telstra,
>
> Amaysim for Optus carrier.
> Rod uses a carrier for Optus this one MONTHLY
> charge but doesn't save unused data
> https://moosemobile.com.au/

Don't need rollover of unused data given that I have 6GB a month
and don't even use 1GB a month navigating to garage sales and
checking for new garage sales when out and about even with the
broadband down for a couple of days and used as a hotspot.

Its unlikely that dinosaur would use even 1GB of data a month unless
he is into watching videos on his phone when not at home or work.

> I use also Optus but 28 day renewal but banks unused data
> https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans/

Re: Telstra!

<j253n0F279gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2335&group=aus.computers#2335

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:43:24 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 03:43 UTC

"Peter Jason" <pj@jostle.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:52:29 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>
>>> I have their cheapest DOT Business plan which gives
>>> 4 phone extensions, Internet and optionally fax and
>>> other complicated stuff I've switched off.
>>
>>> I also have a mobile pre-paid.
>>
>>> I want to link/blend/add this mobile to the DOT Business
>>> Plan but for some reason they won't do it, after spending
>>> a day on the phone with them. Why is it so difficult?
>>
>>Because Telstra is useless.
>>
>>Put the mobile on a $10 a month unlimited calls and texts and
>>MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country and 4-6 GB of
>>data on the optarse network.
>
> Well, I can't find this. Exploring the Optus web page(s) is like
> finding a plot in a phone book.

I was talking about an optus reseller, not optus themselves.

Try Moose. Amaysim can be ok but they charge you the fixed
fee every 28 days instead of every calendar month which means
you pay it 13 times a year instead of 12 times a year.

The other variable to watch out for is that some are limited time
wise, like only for the first 6 months etc. I ignore those.

https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Search?calls=-1&sms=-1&customer=Personal&address=Melbourne+VIC&tab=plans&prepaid=1

Re: Telstra!

<j25e5kF33arU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2336&group=aus.computers#2336

From: inva...@nospam.com (Mountain Magpies)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 06:39:24 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpies - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 06:39 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:43:24 +1100, Rod Speed posted:-

> "Peter Jason" <pj@jostle.com> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:52:29 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> > <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> >>Because Telstra is useless.
> >>
> >>Put the mobile on a $10 a month unlimited calls and texts and
> >>MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country and 4-6 GB of
> >>data on the optarse network.
> >
> > Well, I can't find this. Exploring the Optus web page(s) is like
> > finding a plot in a phone book.
>
> I was talking about an optus reseller, not optus themselves.
>
> Try Moose. Amaysim can be ok but they charge you the fixed
> fee every 28 days instead of every calendar month which means
> you pay it 13 times a year instead of 12 times a year.
>
> The other variable to watch out for is that some are limited time
> wise, like only for the first 6 months etc. I ignore those.
>
> https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Search?calls=-1&sms=-1&customer=Personal&address=Melbourne+VIC&tab=plans&prepaid=1

Roddles, would you happen to know if Moose allow mobile hotspots? Some
of these services don't, and nothing on their web page specific to this.

Re: Telstra!

<j25kvlF580cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2337&group=aus.computers#2337

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 19:38:08 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 08:38 UTC

Mountain Magpies <invalid@nospam.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>> > Well, I can't find this. Exploring the Optus web page(s) is like
>> > finding a plot in a phone book.
>>
>> I was talking about an optus reseller, not optus themselves.
>>
>> Try Moose. Amaysim can be ok but they charge you the fixed
>> fee every 28 days instead of every calendar month which means
>> you pay it 13 times a year instead of 12 times a year.
>>
>> The other variable to watch out for is that some are limited time
>> wise, like only for the first 6 months etc. I ignore those.
>>
>> https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Search?calls=-1&sms=-1&customer=Personal&address=Melbourne+VIC&tab=plans&prepaid=1
>>

> Roddles, would you happen to know if Moose allow mobile hotspots?

Yep, works fine and I have done it a few times this year.

> Some of these services don't,

I haven't noticed any who don't here.

> and nothing on their web page specific to this.

Because none don't.

Re: Telstra!

<spljpv$288$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2338&group=aus.computers#2338

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 21:28:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 21:28 UTC

Mountain Magpies <invalid@nospam.com> wrote:

> Roddles, would you happen to know if Moose allow mobile hotspots? Some
> of these services don't,

Don't what? Don't allow you to connect other devices to your
phone/modem via WiFi so they can access its internet connection?
There's bugger all that they can do about that. I guess maybe
some phones could have an evil bit of software that disables the
functionality if your telco doesn't approve, but that would just
be a prime reason not to use those phones.

I've got a USB mobile broadband modem plugged into a router running
OpenWRT and the modem ought to have no idea that various computers
in my home use it for their internet via Ethernet or WiFi.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: Telstra!

<j279pbFf41aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2339&group=aus.computers#2339

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 10:39:19 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 23:39 UTC

Computer Nerd Kev <not@telling.you.invalid> wrote
> Mountain Magpies <invalid@nospam.com> wrote

>> Roddles, would you happen to know if Moose allow
>> mobile hotspots? Some of these services don't,

> Don't what?

Allow mobile hotspots

> Don't allow you to connect other devices to your phone/
> modem via WiFi so they can access its internet connection?

Yep.

> There's bugger all that they can do about that.

That’s wrong, some US mobile carriers don’t allow that.

> I guess maybe some phones could have
> an evil bit of software that disables the
> functionality if your telco doesn't approve,

Yep, and easy to include that in the sim
config when you join their network.

> but that would just be a prime
> reason not to use those phones.

Doesn’t help when any phone can be configured that way.

> I've got a USB mobile broadband modem plugged into a router running
> OpenWRT and the modem ought to have no idea that various computers
> in my home use it for their internet via Ethernet or WiFi.

Different issue entirely to a hotspot on your phone.

Re: Telstra!

<j27lntFh3voU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2340&group=aus.computers#2340

From: inva...@nospam.com (Mountain Magpies)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 03:03:20 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpies - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 03:03 UTC

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 10:39:19 +1100, Rod Speed posted:-

> > Don't allow you to connect other devices to your phone/
> > modem via WiFi so they can access its internet connection?
>
> Yep.
>
> > There's bugger all that they can do about that.
>
> That’s wrong, some US mobile carriers don’t allow that.

Also in Viet Nam, could never use the mobile hotspot on my phone,
although I could use the local phone network.

Re: Telstra!

<j27pkoFhr2vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2341&group=aus.computers#2341

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 15:09:56 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 04:09 UTC

Mountain Magpies <invalid@nospam.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Don't allow you to connect other devices to your phone/
>>> modem via WiFi so they can access its internet connection?

>> Yep.

>>> There's bugger all that they can do about that.

>> That’s wrong, some US mobile carriers don’t allow that.

> Also in Viet Nam, could never use the mobile hotspot on
> my phone, although I could use the local phone network.

Yeah, its trivial for the carrier to disable that.
Same with support for other features.

Re: Telstra!

<spn8is.af4.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2342&group=aus.computers#2342

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: 19 Dec 2021 11:29:28 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 11:29 UTC

Computer Nerd Kev <not@telling.you.invalid> wrote:
> Mountain Magpies <invalid@nospam.com> wrote:
> >
> > Roddles, would you happen to know if Moose allow mobile hotspots? Some
> > of these services don't,
>
> Don't what? Don't allow you to connect other devices to your
> phone/modem via WiFi so they can access its internet connection?
> There's bugger all that they can do about that. I guess maybe
> some phones could have an evil bit of software that disables the
> functionality if your telco doesn't approve, but that would just
> be a prime reason not to use those phones.
>
> I've got a USB mobile broadband modem plugged into a router running
> OpenWRT and the modem ought to have no idea that various computers
> in my home use it for their internet via Ethernet or WiFi.

As Roddles and Mountain Magpies wrote, in some countries some
providers don't allow mobile hotspots on their basic service. AFAIK,
they check on the IMEI number of the device to allow/disallow such use.

But, as you noted, in non-third_world countries like Oz (and NL/EU/
Europe), we don't have such sillyness! :-) In those countries, a GB is a
GB, not 'maybe a GB'.

Re: Telstra!

<j28l3gFmq3gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2343&group=aus.computers#2343

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 22:58:37 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 11:58 UTC

On 18/12/2021 2:43 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

> "Peter Jason" <pj@jostle.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:52:29 +1100, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Because Telstra is useless.
>>>
>>> Put the mobile on a $10 a month unlimited calls and texts and
>>> MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country and 4-6 GB of
>>> data on the optarse network.
>>
>> Well, I can't find this.  Exploring the Optus web page(s) is like
>> finding a plot in a phone book.
>
> I was talking about an optus reseller, not optus themselves.
>
> Try Moose. Amaysim can be ok but they charge you the fixed
> fee every 28 days instead of every calendar month which means
> you pay it 13 times a year instead of 12 times a year.

yep. and I had trouble with them so I switched to Aussiebroadband.
texts/mms were not always going thru. it seemed like they were
throttling traffic or something like that. (i'm not technical enuff to
explain it)

> The other variable to watch out for is that some are limited time
> wise, like only for the first 6 months etc. I ignore those.
>
> https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Search?calls=-1&sms=-1&customer=Personal&address=Melbourne+VIC&tab=plans&prepaid=1

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: Telstra!

<j29engFrl33U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2344&group=aus.computers#2344

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 06:15:57 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 19:15 UTC

Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>>Because Telstra is useless.
>>>
>>>Put the mobile on a $10 a month unlimited calls and texts and
>>>MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country and 4-6 GB of
>>>data on the optarse network.
>>
>> Well, I can't find this. Exploring the Optus web page(s) is like
>> finding a plot in a phone book.
>
> I was talking about an optus reseller, not optus themselves.
>
> Try Moose. Amaysim can be ok but they charge you the fixed
> fee every 28 days instead of every calendar month which means
> you pay it 13 times a year instead of 12 times a year.
>
> The other variable to watch out for is that some are limited time
> wise, like only for the first 6 months etc. I ignore those.
>
> https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Search?calls=-1&sms=-1&customer=Personal&address=Melbourne+VIC&tab=plans&prepaid=1

https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Keep-Number-SIM-FLP
Hit the under $10 button.

Re: Telstra!

<8s4vrgpshace14l5d6j7vdji4jn8rnsul8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2345&group=aus.computers#2345

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:21:29 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 20:21 UTC

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:34:40 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>>Well, I can't find this. Exploring the Optus web page(s) is like
>>>finding a plot in a phone book.
>>
>> Depending where you are may give different quality coverage for Optus
>> or Telstra mobile.
>>
>> The cheaper selection is to check Aldi/Boost for Telstra,
>>
>> Amaysim for Optus carrier.
>> Rod uses a carrier for Optus this one MONTHLY
>> charge but doesn't save unused data
>> https://moosemobile.com.au/
>
>Don't need rollover of unused data given that I have 6GB a month
>and don't even use 1GB a month navigating to garage sales and
>checking for new garage sales when out and about even with the
>broadband down for a couple of days and used as a hotspot.
>
>Its unlikely that dinosaur would use even 1GB of data a month unless
>he is into watching videos on his phone when not at home or work.
>
>> I use also Optus but 28 day renewal but banks unused data
>> https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans/

* sniff *
I have all the unlimited data I can use at work. Why should I worry
about using the iGizmo and its tiny screen for anything but calls and
for getting into the tax department?

Re: Telstra!

<j29j5nFsgkbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2346&group=aus.computers#2346

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:31:49 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 20:31 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Depending where you are may give different quality coverage for Optus
>>> or Telstra mobile.
>>>
>>> The cheaper selection is to check Aldi/Boost for Telstra,
>>>
>>> Amaysim for Optus carrier.
>>> Rod uses a carrier for Optus this one MONTHLY
>>> charge but doesn't save unused data
>>> https://moosemobile.com.au/
>>
>>Don't need rollover of unused data given that I have 6GB a month
>>and don't even use 1GB a month navigating to garage sales and
>>checking for new garage sales when out and about even with the
>>broadband down for a couple of days and used as a hotspot.
>>
>>Its unlikely that dinosaur would use even 1GB of data a month unless
>>he is into watching videos on his phone when not at home or work.
>>
>>> I use also Optus but 28 day renewal but banks unused data
>>> https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans/
>>

> * sniff *

Get covid tested, you bugger.

> I have all the unlimited data I can use at work. Why should
> I worry about using the iGizmo and its tiny screen for anything
> but calls and for getting into the tax department?

Because it can be handy when you aren't at work or home when
you discover that the place you used to visit has moved, or need
to know their opening hours, or find that an operation that you
used to visit has gone broke and need to find a replacement etc.

dodo used to have a $5/month plan with unlimited calls and
texts and MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country and no
data at all, but they don't have it anymore, you left it too late.

Re: Telstra!

<4efvrg9m226g5hoesp1qct55pc3mvg05fm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2347&group=aus.computers#2347

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 10:29:21 +1100
 by: Petzl - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 23:29 UTC

On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:21:29 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:34:40 +1100, "Rod Speed"
><rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Depending where you are may give different quality coverage for Optus
>>> or Telstra mobile.
>>>
>>> The cheaper selection is to check Aldi/Boost for Telstra,
>>>
>>> Amaysim for Optus carrier.
>>> Rod uses a carrier for Optus this one MONTHLY
>>> charge but doesn't save unused data
>>> https://moosemobile.com.au/
>>
>>Don't need rollover of unused data given that I have 6GB a month
>>and don't even use 1GB a month navigating to garage sales and
>>checking for new garage sales when out and about even with the
>>broadband down for a couple of days and used as a hotspot.
>>
>>Its unlikely that dinosaur would use even 1GB of data a month unless
>>he is into watching videos on his phone when not at home or work.
>>
>>> I use also Optus but 28 day renewal but banks unused data
>>> https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans/
>>

>* sniff *
>I have all the unlimited data I can use at work. Why should I worry
>about using the iGizmo and its tiny screen for anything but calls and
>for getting into the tax department?

Most stores Wifi is broken/unreliable

Q-Code check-in is was compulsory in NSW for shopping Doctors etc
Weather handy going to rain in 30 minutes
Bus train arrivals handy
My Amaysim (Optus carrier 4G not 5G) is presently $10 (they like me)
every 28days, 4GB data don't use it but don't lose it either.

Years ago OPTUS (OPTUS does have 5G but Amaysim limit it to 4G) in my
area was the best mobile operator for my suburb.
So still seems to work well and is cheaper for me that other options.
--
Petzl
Socialism is a philosophy of failure,