The first requisite for immortality is death. -- Stanislaw Lem

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

SubjectAuthor
* A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crashswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speedJNugent
`* Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speedswldx...@gmail.com
 +* Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman inSpike
 |`* Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speedJNugent
 | `- Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman inSpike
 +* Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speedswldx...@gmail.com
 |`- Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman inSpike
 `- Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speedSimon Mason

1
A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

<f699a33c-1d14-48f0-85ea-a5e252b39f74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23169&group=uk.rec.cycling#23169

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:34:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash
that spilled onto railway track
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 20:34 UTC

A man has admitted killing a beautician when he ploughed his Range Rover through a Tesla dealership and ended up on a west London railway track.

Rida Kazem, 23, pleaded guilty to causing the death by dangerous driving of Yagmur Ozden, 33, in a crash on the A40 westbound near Ealing, Greater London, Isleworth Crown Court heard on Thursday.

Kazem, of Costons Avenue, Greenford, also admitted a second offence of causing serious injury by dangerous driving to Zamarod Arif, 26, who was critically hurt in the same incident.

Baghdad-born Ms Ozden, who was a passenger in the car, died at the scene of the crash, which took place at about 3.48am on August 22 2022.

The vehicle collided with a stationary Tesla and some of it ended up on the tracks at Park Royal Tube station.

Kazem, who was bearded and wearing a grey jumper, spoke to confirm his name and twice plead guilty.

Prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said Kazem has previous speeding convictions, including one recent offence for driving 95mph in a 50mph zone before this incident.

David Rhodes, for Kazem, said his client was a “young man of otherwise good character”.

He added: “He well understands this is a very serious matter and he’s facing a very significant term of imprisonment.”

He said Kazem had “suffered a serious injury himself” during the crash, resulting in the amputation of his left leg, for which he may have to undergo further surgery.

Judge Robin Johnson adjourned the case and remanded him in custody, to next appear at the same court on April 21 for sentencing.

He said: “Your case will be adjourned for the preparation of a report on the topic of dangerousness by the probation service and for both parties to gather of information in respect of the prosecution and your mitigation.

“Your bail is now withdrawn, you will be remanded in custody on both matters.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/a40-ealing-crash-royal-park-range-rover-rida-kazem-b1060853.html

Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

<k599glFatonU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23202&group=uk.rec.cycling#23202

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed
crash that spilled onto railway track
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:16:22 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:16 UTC

> A man has admitted killing a beautician when he ploughed his Range Rover through a Tesla dealership and ended up on a west London railway track.
>
> Rida Kazem, 23, pleaded guilty to causing the death by dangerous driving of Yagmur Ozden, 33, in a crash on the A40 westbound near Ealing, Greater London, Isleworth Crown Court heard on Thursday.
>
> Kazem, of Costons Avenue, Greenford, also admitted a second offence of causing serious injury by dangerous driving to Zamarod Arif, 26, who was critically hurt in the same incident.
>
> Baghdad-born Ms Ozden, who was a passenger in the car, died at the scene of the crash, which took place at about 3.48am on August 22 2022.
>
> The vehicle collided with a stationary Tesla and some of it ended up on the tracks at Park Royal Tube station.
>
> Kazem, who was bearded and wearing a grey jumper, spoke to confirm his name and twice plead guilty.
>
> Prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said Kazem has previous speeding convictions, including one recent offence for driving 95mph in a 50mph zone before this incident.
>
> David Rhodes, for Kazem, said his client was a “young man of otherwise good character”.
>
> He added: “He well understands this is a very serious matter and he’s facing a very significant term of imprisonment.”
>
> He said Kazem had “suffered a serious injury himself” during the crash, resulting in the amputation of his left leg, for which he may have to undergo further surgery.
>
> Judge Robin Johnson adjourned the case and remanded him in custody, to next appear at the same court on April 21 for sentencing.
>
> He said: “Your case will be adjourned for the preparation of a report on the topic of dangerousness by the probation service and for both parties to gather of information in respect of the prosecution and your mitigation.
>
> “Your bail is now withdrawn, you will be remanded in custody on both matters.”
>
> https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/a40-ealing-crash-royal-park-range-rover-rida-kazem-b1060853.html

The subject of much comment over on uk.railways, M'Lud.

Who was on the fairy-cycle, though?

Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

<8652f343-5592-422f-9bdf-419ca6ffa6b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23214&group=uk.rec.cycling#23214

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 06:06:48 -0800 (PST)
crash that spilled onto railway track
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:06 UTC

QUOTE: Prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said Kazem has previous speeding convictions, including one recent offence for driving 95mph in a 50mph zone before this incident.

David Rhodes, for Kazem, said his client was a “young man of otherwise good character”. ENDS

Er - that's a non sequitur right there.

Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

<k59hbpFc55tU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23221&group=uk.rec.cycling#23221

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in
high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track
Date: 17 Feb 2023 14:30:17 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:30 UTC

> QUOTE: Prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said Kazem has previous speeding
> convictions, including one recent offence for driving 95mph in a 50mph
> zone before this incident.

> David Rhodes, for Kazem, said his client was a “young man of otherwise
> good character”. ENDS

> Er - that's a non sequitur right there.

Actually, it’s plain English, no ‘non sequitur’ at all about it.

--
Spike

Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

<k59m9fFcs65U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23227&group=uk.rec.cycling#23227

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
crash that spilled onto railway track
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 15:54:25 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 15:54 UTC

On 17/02/2023 02:30 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: Prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said Kazem has previous speeding
>> convictions, including one recent offence for driving 95mph in a 50mph
>> zone before this incident.

>> David Rhodes, for Kazem, said his client was a “young man of otherwise
>> good character”. ENDS

>> Er - that's a non sequitur right there.

> Actually, it’s plain English, no ‘non sequitur’ at all about it.

Once again, you beat me to it, as HRH Prince Del Boy Mason, LJ,
demonstrates his skills (or rather, lack thereof) with foreign
loan-phrases adopted into English.

Cordon Bleu!

Savoir faire!

Nil carborundum!

Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

<k59n57Fd079U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23230&group=uk.rec.cycling#23230

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track
Date: 17 Feb 2023 16:09:11 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:09 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 17/02/2023 02:30 pm, Spike wrote:
>
>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> QUOTE: Prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said Kazem has previous speeding
>>> convictions, including one recent offence for driving 95mph in a 50mph
>>> zone before this incident.
>
>>> David Rhodes, for Kazem, said his client was a “young man of otherwise
>>> good character”. ENDS
>
>>> Er - that's a non sequitur right there.
>
>> Actually, it’s plain English, no ‘non sequitur’ at all about it.
>
> Once again, you beat me to it, as HRH Prince Del Boy Mason, LJ,
> demonstrates his skills (or rather, lack thereof) with foreign
> loan-phrases adopted into English.

> Cordon Bleu!

> Savoir faire!

> Nil carborundum!

:-)

--
Spike

Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

<c60a3881-09e0-4f51-beef-05716dc7c858n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23240&group=uk.rec.cycling#23240

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:26:07 -0800 (PST)
crash that spilled onto railway track
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:26 UTC

On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 2:06:49 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: Prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said Kazem has previous speeding convictions, including one recent offence for driving 95mph in a 50mph zone before this incident.
>
> David Rhodes, for Kazem, said his client was a “young man of otherwise good character”. ENDS
>
> Er - that's a non sequitur right there.

Doing 95 in a 50 is not the sign of a "good character".
Another M Arsehole at work.

Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

<k59s10FdocgU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23258&group=uk.rec.cycling#23258

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track
Date: 17 Feb 2023 17:32:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 17:32 UTC

> On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 2:06:49 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: Prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said Kazem has previous speeding
>> convictions, including one recent offence for driving 95mph in a 50mph
>> zone before this incident.
>>
>> David Rhodes, for Kazem, said his client was a “young man of otherwise
>> good character”. ENDS
>>
>> Er - that's a non sequitur right there.
>
> Doing 95 in a 50 is not the sign of a "good character".
> Another M Arsehole at work.

Look up what ‘otherwise’ means, M’lud.

--
Spike

Re: A40: Dangerous Range Rover driver killed woman in high-speed crash that spilled onto railway track

<6008777f-96b3-44a6-be85-9cae53535fd2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23263&group=uk.rec.cycling#23263

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:00:59 -0800 (PST)
crash that spilled onto railway track
From: swldxer2...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 18:00 UTC

QUOTE: The vehicle collided with a stationary Tesla and some of it ended up on the tracks at Park Royal Tube station. ENDS

Was the car painted black or something?