From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Woakes
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 06:38:41 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 05:38 UTC

Why on earth do they pick Woakes in a squad to play in Australia? It's
as dim as picking Liz Truss to be Prime Minister.

And having brought him, and then made the mistake of picking him, and
then seeing him bowl two abysmal overs, why does Buttler take it into
his head to give him yet another over to get mauled in?

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Woakes

<tjaju0$1uau$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23310&group=uk.sport.cricket#23310

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Woakes
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 23:26:08 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 06:26 UTC

On 10/25/2022 10:38 PM, Mike Holmans wrote:
> Why on earth do they pick Woakes in a squad to play in Australia? It's
> as dim as picking Liz Truss to be Prime Minister.

It was OBVIOUS that Liz Truss is a typical low IQ brit but the racist
Tories still VOTED for her cuz Rishi is a brown guy, despite being much
much smarter than pale skinned Truss.

As I said earlier, I DON'T give a fuck about Rishi becoming UK PM.

It means NOTHING to me and so should to India, but dumbfuck Indians are
celebrating cuz they are just emotional humans.

Moreover he took the reins at the WRONG TIME when UK is going down
economically with self inflicted wounds of ditching Russian gas,
supplying arms and money to Ukrainian NAZIS, demonizing and destroying
their economic relationship with China, sucking the EVIL US Govt
genitals and becoming worthless VASSALS, forming a WASP MAFIA to destroy
a Non-WASP Slavic Russia in order to PLUNDER Russian oil/gas wealth in
the future etc.

Rishi is a very intelligent guy compared to the rest of the tories but I
DOUBT if even he can RESCUE England which is on path to committing
suicide by becoming an American VASSAL.

> And having brought him, and then made the mistake of picking him, and
> then seeing him bowl two abysmal overs, why does Buttler take it into
> his head to give him yet another over to get mauled in?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

It "might" have to do with the FACT that PACERS did much better than
spinners at MCG in Ind vs Pak match.

Teams are re-calibrating selections for MCG's October pace, swing and
bounce.

Teams recalibrate plans as early-season conditions turn MCG into pace
paradise
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/t20-world-cup-2022-teams-recalibrate-plans-as-early-season-conditions-turn-mcg-into-pace-paradise-1341551

Re: Woakes

<D2XQDaBflPWjFwVc@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23319&group=uk.sport.cricket#23319

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 10:09:51 +0100
 by: John Hall - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 09:09 UTC

In message <uohhlh5isckh8vtctc8nmaa5mnkob15luu@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
<spam@jackalope.uk> writes
>Why on earth do they pick Woakes in a squad to play in Australia? It's
>as dim as picking Liz Truss to be Prime Minister.
>
>And having brought him, and then made the mistake of picking him, and
>then seeing him bowl two abysmal overs, why does Buttler take it into
>his head to give him yet another over to get mauled in?

The unusually wet conditions in Australia at present should have suited
him, and indeed he bowled well in the warm-up games. But this was a bad
time to have an off-day. Maybe he'll be replaced by Jordan for the next
match.

I'm beginning to wonder if England's eleven warm-up matches in the last
five or six weeks was overdoing it, and if they might have peaked too
soon. In the two WC fixtures, most of our top five seem to have been out
of form. Malan is supposed to be suited by the pace and bounce of
Australian pitches, but it didn't look like it today. England might have
been better served had he got out earlier.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: Woakes

<e05c3bfa-1906-458f-8dac-c09002bf3ca4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23326&group=uk.sport.cricket#23326

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 02:55:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: jzfredri...@gmail.com (jack fredricks)
 by: jack fredricks - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 09:55 UTC

> Malan is supposed to be suited by the pace and bounce of
> Australian pitches, but it didn't look like it today. England might have
> been better served had he got out earlier.

He had a better strike rate than Stokes and Brook.

Re: Woakes

<IJgi87CBWQWjFwGm@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23327&group=uk.sport.cricket#23327

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 11:01:37 +0100
 by: John Hall - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 10:01 UTC

In message <e05c3bfa-1906-458f-8dac-c09002bf3ca4n@googlegroups.com>,
jack fredricks <jzfredricks@gmail.com> writes
>> Malan is supposed to be suited by the pace and bounce of
>> Australian pitches, but it didn't look like it today. England might have
>> been better served had he got out earlier.
>
>He had a better strike rate than Stokes and Brook.

He did, marginally, but he was in longer and hence his slow rate did
more damage.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

Re: Woakes

<576d47bb-8ea3-4799-90f5-2f949d39f406n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23329&group=uk.sport.cricket#23329

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 04:46:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 11:46 UTC

On Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 10:17:45 AM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> In message <uohhlh5isckh8vtct...@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
> <sp...@jackalope.uk> writes
> >Why on earth do they pick Woakes in a squad to play in Australia? It's
> >as dim as picking Liz Truss to be Prime Minister.
> >
> >And having brought him, and then made the mistake of picking him, and
> >then seeing him bowl two abysmal overs, why does Buttler take it into
> >his head to give him yet another over to get mauled in?
> The unusually wet conditions in Australia at present should have suited
> him, and indeed he bowled well in the warm-up games. But this was a bad
> time to have an off-day. Maybe he'll be replaced by Jordan for the next
> match.

they are missing Topley bigtime. teams have struggled at Melbourne,
but it was odd given the conditions that the spinners were the most
economical.

> I'm beginning to wonder if England's eleven warm-up matches in the last
> five or six weeks was overdoing it, and if they might have peaked too
> soon. In the two WC fixtures, most of our top five seem to have been out
> of form. Malan is supposed to be suited by the pace and bounce of
> Australian pitches, but it didn't look like it today. England might have
> been better served had he got out earlier.

I dont think Buttler is as astute a captain as morgan. I
dont think he would have got caught out by DLS. They were well
behind the rate for most of the innings, but for some reason
Livinstone was batting at 7. Brooks a fine prospect, but i think
i would have sent in ali or the doc when stokes was out.

mike

Re: Woakes

<5cefa932-d7f6-4588-8117-9c7898de2b2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23330&group=uk.sport.cricket#23330

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 05:02:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 12:02 UTC

On Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 6:38:43 AM UTC+1, Mike Holmans wrote:
> Why on earth do they pick Woakes in a squad to play in Australia? It's
> as dim as picking Liz Truss to be Prime Minister.
>
> And having brought him, and then made the mistake of picking him, and
> then seeing him bowl two abysmal overs, why does Buttler take it into
> his head to give him yet another over to get mauled in?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

Translation: since coming back into limited overs England Cricket after recovering from injury Woakes has excelled . RH