Thyme's Law: Everything goes wrong at once.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Woman discovered fiancé's fatal bike crash

SubjectAuthor
* Woman discovered fiancé's fatal bike crashswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Woman discovered fiancé's fatal bike crashJNugent
`- Re: Woman discovered fiancé's fatal bike crashswldx...@gmail.com

1
Woman discovered fiancé's fatal bike crash

<9070a0eb-ad6b-486f-a6b9-ad4a7555e54fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23324&group=uk.rec.cycling#23324

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 04:11:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Woman_discovered_fiancé's_fatal_bike_crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 12:11 UTC

A woman who went looking for her fiancé after he failed to return home in bad weather came across the scene of his fatal accident, an inquiry has heard.

Gamekeeper David Taylor, 27, had been working on an estate near Dulnain Bridge in the Highlands when his quad bike overturned and he was crushed.

Christina McInnes, his fiancée and mother of their young son, found him soon after setting out in her search.

A fatal accident inquiry (FAI) heard he died of his injuries.

Sheriff Gary Aitken, who presided over the inquiry, said it was not possible to determine how the accident happened on 18 August 2020 because there were no witnesses.

The quad bike overturned on a track as Mr Taylor was about to cross a ford.

In his determination, the sheriff noted Mr Taylor was an experienced, very cautious quad bike rider, and had become even more careful following the birth of his son.

Mr Aitken said the FAI had heard how Ms McInnes had become concerned after her partner failed to return home as expected due to heavy downpours and thunder.

She had not received replies to messages sent to his phone.

Mr Taylor was highly regarded worker from a generation of gamekeepers. He had also represented Scotland at junior level in clay pigeon shooting.

Mr Aitken said: "He was clearly a very conscientious, competent and talented young family man who was very well regarded and respected by his employers.

"His death is a tragedy which is no doubt still very keenly felt."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-64650107

Re: Woman discovered fiancé's fatal bike crash

<k5cek3Fpq5fU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23340&group=uk.rec.cycling#23340

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Woman_discovered_fiancé's_fatal_bike_crash
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 17:01:55 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 17:01 UTC

> A woman who went looking for her fiancé after he failed to return home in bad weather came across the scene of his fatal accident, an inquiry has heard.
> Gamekeeper David Taylor, 27, had been working on an estate near Dulnain Bridge in the Highlands when his quad bike overturned and he was crushed.
> Christina McInnes, his fiancée and mother of their young son, found him soon after setting out in her search.
> A fatal accident inquiry (FAI) heard he died of his injuries.
> Sheriff Gary Aitken, who presided over the inquiry, said it was not possible to determine how the accident happened on 18 August 2020 because there were no witnesses.
> The quad bike overturned on a track as Mr Taylor was about to cross a ford.
> In his determination, the sheriff noted Mr Taylor was an experienced, very cautious quad bike rider, and had become even more careful following the birth of his son.
> Mr Aitken said the FAI had heard how Ms McInnes had become concerned after her partner failed to return home as expected due to heavy downpours and thunder.
> She had not received replies to messages sent to his phone.
> Mr Taylor was highly regarded worker from a generation of gamekeepers. He had also represented Scotland at junior level in clay pigeon shooting.
> Mr Aitken said: "He was clearly a very conscientious, competent and talented young family man who was very well regarded and respected by his employers.
> "His death is a tragedy which is no doubt still very keenly felt."

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-64650107

Are "quad-bikes" road-legal?

Re: Woman discovered fiancé's fatal bike crash

<d185f3df-92a1-4109-8e74-fff69a1b4d4an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23346&group=uk.rec.cycling#23346

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 09:14:13 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 17:14 UTC

On Saturday, February 18, 2023 at 12:11:14 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A woman who went looking for her fiancé after he failed to return home in bad weather came across the scene of his fatal accident, an inquiry has heard.
>
> Gamekeeper David Taylor, 27, had been working on an estate near Dulnain Bridge in the Highlands when his quad bike overturned and he was crushed.
>
> Christina McInnes, his fiancée and mother of their young son, found him soon after setting out in her search.
>
> A fatal accident inquiry (FAI) heard he died of his injuries.
>
> Sheriff Gary Aitken, who presided over the inquiry, said it was not possible to determine how the accident happened on 18 August 2020 because there were no witnesses.
>
> The quad bike overturned on a track as Mr Taylor was about to cross a ford.
>
> In his determination, the sheriff noted Mr Taylor was an experienced, very cautious quad bike rider, and had become even more careful following the birth of his son.
>
> Mr Aitken said the FAI had heard how Ms McInnes had become concerned after her partner failed to return home as expected due to heavy downpours and thunder.
>
> She had not received replies to messages sent to his phone.
>
> Mr Taylor was highly regarded worker from a generation of gamekeepers. He had also represented Scotland at junior level in clay pigeon shooting.
>
> Mr Aitken said: "He was clearly a very conscientious, competent and talented young family man who was very well regarded and respected by his employers.
>
> "His death is a tragedy which is no doubt still very keenly felt."

We are always told that 4 wheeled vehicles never overturn.

See Range Rovers on roundabouts.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Woman discovered fiancé's fatal bike crash