From: mau...@deb2.org (greymaus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: My Youth
Date: 30 Jul 2023 13:54:42 GMT
 by: greymaus - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 13:54 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9KGZYX_ZzMwith

--
greymausg@mail.com
God Damn the Influencers

Re: My Youth

<slrnuccr35.m56.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23407&group=uk.rec.sheds#23407

From: mau...@deb2.org (greymaus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: My Youth
Date: 30 Jul 2023 13:57:57 GMT
 by: greymaus - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 13:57 UTC

On 2023-07-30, greymaus <maus@deb2.org> wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9KGZYX_ZzMwith

A good singer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-vlb9w8SSY

--
greymausg@mail.com
God Damn the Influencers

Re: My Youth

<ua7r4t$37siq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23438&group=uk.rec.sheds#23438

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:24:59 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 08:24 UTC

I was just thinking about so called influencers. Surely they only influence
if you let them. If you think it through as to their motives, you would not
touch anything an influencer suggests with a ten foot pole as they ar doing
it for money, just like celebrities in adverts, and in those cases, of
course people know what is going on, so how can a nobody be an influencer
unless they are neutral about what they do, and a lot seem not to be.
Its the wild west on that platform, and there are no sheriffs!

Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"greymaus" <maus@deb2.org> wrote in message
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9KGZYX_ZzMwith
>

> --
> greymausg@mail.com
> God Damn the Influencers

Re: My Youth

<20230731110219.e739379da26f9fe77f39269c@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23441&group=uk.rec.sheds#23441

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 11:02:19 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 10:02 UTC

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:24:59 +0100
"Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just thinking about so called influencers. Surely they only
> influence if you let them.

Of course - but what makes them influencers is that a lot of people
let them which makes them valuable to people who want to influence.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: My Youth

<20230731120048.640a4e077944502158ce92cd@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23442&group=uk.rec.sheds#23442

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 12:00:48 +0100
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 11:00 UTC

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 11:02:19 +0100
Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:24:59 +0100
> "Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I was just thinking about so called influencers. Surely they only
> > influence if you let them.
>
> Of course - but what makes them influencers is that a lot of people
> let them which makes them valuable to people who want to influence.

It's very sad; we used to defer to experts, and initially that's what
they were. Them they became self-promoting rent-a-quote 'experts'.
Now the job is even more of an advertising role.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: My Youth

<slrnucfdlv.1c0p.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23446&group=uk.rec.sheds#23446

From: mau...@deb2.org (greymaus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 31 Jul 2023 13:27:27 GMT
 by: greymaus - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 13:27 UTC

On 2023-07-31, Brian Gaff <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just thinking about so called influencers. Surely they only influence
> if you let them. If you think it through as to their motives, you would not
> touch anything an influencer suggests with a ten foot pole as they ar doing
> it for money, just like celebrities in adverts, and in those cases, of
> course people know what is going on, so how can a nobody be an influencer
> unless they are neutral about what they do, and a lot seem not to be.
> Its the wild west on that platform, and there are no sheriffs!
>
> Brian

When I was young, articles in newspapers had to be marked as
`Advertisments' if they were in fact adverts, ie, someone had in fact
been paid for writing them. All else in the newspapers was assumed to be
true in some way. everything in newspapers was censored, of course. I
remember the stories that the big newspapers in London could be sent `D.
Notices' when certain things were not supposed to be written about, even
if they were nnot connected with national security, as in the way that
the Queens sister was `whooping it up' in Paris.

Like most Irish people, I have extensive connections in the US, whose
guiding principles were anti-censorship (Censorship, most would agree,
is a close companion of influership)

One of the current scandals in Ireland is about a creep called Ryan
Thubridy, who got a big increase in salary about early 2020. Why should
that happen at that time. Everyone here is afraid to ask.

It may have something about the fake flu and the lockdowns associated
with it.

(R.T. was host to a talk show)

--
greymausg@mail.com
God Damn the Influencers

Re: My Youth

<uad4kh$7ak$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23530&group=uk.rec.sheds#23530

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 09:37:34 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 08:37 UTC

Yes a strong connection with propaganda exists.
The problem is that things that need to be changed have not many
influencers, whereas preserving the status quo seems to have many.
Brian

--

--: