Graduate students and most professors are no smarter than undergrads. They're just older.

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: BBC Programme

SubjectAuthor
* BBC ProgrammeJeff Gaines
+* Re: BBC ProgrammeJeff Layman
|+* Re: BBC ProgrammeJeff Gaines
||+- Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
||`* Re: BBC ProgrammeJim Lesurf
|| `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJeff Gaines
||  `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
||   `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJeff Gaines
||    `* Re: BBC ProgrammeBob Latham
||     +- Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
||     +- Re: BBC ProgrammeJNugent
||     `- Re: BBC ProgrammeMB
|`* Re: BBC ProgrammeBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
| `- Re: BBC ProgrammeJim Lesurf
+- Re: BBC ProgrammeBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
+* Re: BBC ProgrammeJNugent
|`* Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
| +* Re: BBC ProgrammeJeff Gaines
| |`* Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
| | `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJeff Gaines
| |  `- Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
| `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJNugent
|  `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
|   `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJNugent
|    `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
|     +* Re: BBC ProgrammeMrSpook 3rilA15w
|     |`- Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
|     `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJNugent
|      `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
|       `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJNugent
|        `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
|         `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJNugent
|          +* Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
|          |`* Re: BBC ProgrammeJNugent
|          | `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
|          |  `* Re: BBC ProgrammeJNugent
|          |   `- Re: BBC ProgrammeJava Jive
|          `- Re: BBC ProgrammeJim Lesurf
+- Re: BBC ProgrammeDavid Woolley
`- Re: BBC ProgrammeDavid Woolley

Pages:12
Re: BBC Programme

<s9nlpj$1do1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23283&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23283

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: BBC Programme
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 12:54:25 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 11:54 UTC

On 08/06/2021 12:46, JNugent wrote:
> On 08/06/2021 12:05 pm, Java Jive wrote:

>>> No, and that's a stupid thing to ask, even by your standards.
>>
>> Then you can have no objection to the BBC doing its job, which for a
>> news organisation is investigative reporting.
>
> The UK, let alone the BBC, is not the world's policeman.

Straw man and irrelevant, police can only be involved when a crime is
exposed. BBC News is an international news gathering organisation, and
was just doing business as usual, which may or may not involve exposing
a crime.

>>> We pay for it.
>>
>> But you don't know whether any extra costs were incurred.
>
> Which part of "We pay for it" is too difficult for you?

You pay for the whole thing like you pay taxes, and, like taxes, you
don't get to say what the money is used for. What part of paying taxes
is too difficult for you?

>>> The UK, let alone the BBC, is not the world's policeman.
>>
>> The BBC is, among other things, an international news gathering
>> operation, and they were just doing their job.
>
> The UK, let alone the BBC, is not the world's policeman.

Straw man and irrelevant, police can only be involved when a crime is
exposed. BBC News is an international news gathering organisation, and
was just doing business as usual, which may or may not involve exposing
a crime.

> That's a job for the UN or something of that stature.

Nonsense, investigative reporting is the job of a news gathering
organisation such as BBC News.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BBC Programme

<s9np91$132k$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23286&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23286

From: MrSpook_...@27fc.org
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 12:53:53 +0000 (UTC)
 by: MrSpook_...@27fc.org - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 12:53 UTC

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 12:54:25 +0100
Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote:
>On 08/06/2021 12:46, JNugent wrote:
>> The UK, let alone the BBC, is not the world's policeman.
>
>Straw man

Says the man who can't walk past a farm without all the scarecrows legging it
into the nearest barn and barricading the doors.

Re: BBC Programme

<s9pbeq$19b4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23306&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23306

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 04:10:17 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 03:10 UTC

On 08/06/2021 13:53, MrSpook_3rilA15w@27fc.org wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 12:54:25 +0100
> Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Straw man
>
> Says the man who can't walk past a farm without all the scarecrows legging it
> into the nearest barn and barricading the doors.

Says the idiot schoolboy from hell.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BBC Programme

<iic7s2Fa63nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23312&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23312

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 17:17:05 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 16:17 UTC

On 08/06/2021 12:54 pm, Java Jive wrote:

> On 08/06/2021 12:46, JNugent wrote:

>>> Then you can have no objection to the BBC doing its job, which for a
>>> news organisation is investigative reporting.
>
>> The UK, let alone the BBC, is not the world's policeman.
>
> Straw man and irrelevant, police can only be involved when a crime is
> exposed.  BBC News is an international news gathering organisation, and
> was just doing business as usual, which may or may not involve exposing
> a crime.

The BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation, paid for by British citizens and
residents, has no business investigating alleged crime on the other side
of the world. The local forced of law and order should be doing that.
perhaps even the local broadcasters. It's THEIR business, you see - and
none of ours.

>>> But you don't know whether any extra costs were incurred.
>
>> Which part of "We pay for it" is too difficult for you?
>
> You pay for the whole thing like you pay taxes, and, like taxes, you
> don't get to say what the money is used for.  What part of paying taxes
> is too difficult for you?

That's a really stupid thing to say, even by your abysmal standards.

>>> The BBC is, among other things, an international news gathering
>>> operation, and they were just doing their job.
>>
>> The UK, let alone the BBC, is not the world's policeman.
>
> Straw man and irrelevant, police can only be involved when a crime is
> exposed.  BBC News is an international news gathering organisation, and
> was just doing business as usual, which may or may not involve exposing
> a crime.
>
>> That's a job for the UN or something of that stature.
>
> Nonsense, investigative reporting is the job of a news gathering
> organisation such as BBC News.

The country concerned has security forces, a system of justice and its
own broadcasters. And its own taxpayers.

They are the ones who should be doing whatever is required there.

Re: BBC Programme

<s9rf41$192s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23314&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23314

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 23:25:05 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 22:25 UTC

On 09/06/2021 17:17, JNugent wrote:

> On 08/06/2021 12:54 pm, Java Jive wrote:
>>
>> Straw man and irrelevant, police can only be involved when a crime is
>> exposed.  BBC News is an international news gathering organisation,
>> and was just doing business as usual, which may or may not involve
>> exposing a crime.
>
> The BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation, paid for by British citizens and
> residents, has no business investigating alleged crime on the other side
> of the world. The local forced of law and order should be doing that.
> perhaps even the local broadcasters. It's THEIR business, you see - and
> none of ours.

Just what is about the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation being an
INTERNATIONAL news gathering organisation that you find so hard to
understand?

>> You pay for the whole thing like you pay taxes, and, like taxes, you
>> don't get to say what the money is used for.  What part of paying
>> taxes is too difficult for you?
>
> That's a really stupid thing to say, even by your abysmal standards.

You haven't an answer, so you resort to abuse.

>> Nonsense, investigative reporting is the job of a news gathering
>> organisation such as BBC News.
>
> The country concerned has security forces, a system of justice and its
> own broadcasters. And its own taxpayers.
>
> They are the ones who should be doing whatever is required there.

The security forces were the abusers, and just what is about the BRITISH
Broadcasting Corporation being an INTERNATIONAL news gathering
organisation that you find so hard to understand?

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BBC Programme

<iicusfFeer6U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23315&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23315

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 23:49:51 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 22:49 UTC

On 09/06/2021 11:25 pm, Java Jive wrote:

> On 09/06/2021 17:17, JNugent wrote:>>
>> On 08/06/2021 12:54 pm, Java Jive wrote:
>>>
>>> Straw man and irrelevant, police can only be involved when a crime is
>>> exposed.  BBC News is an international news gathering organisation,
>>> and was just doing business as usual, which may or may not involve
>>> exposing a crime.
>>
>> The BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation, paid for by British citizens and
>> residents, has no business investigating alleged crime on the other
>> side of the world. The local forced of law and order should be doing
>> that. perhaps even the local broadcasters. It's THEIR business, you
>> see - and none of ours.
>
> Just what is about the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation being an
> INTERNATIONAL news gathering organisation that you find so hard to
> understand?

"News gathering" is NOT the same thing as investigation.

>>> You pay for the whole thing like you pay taxes, and, like taxes, you
>>> don't get to say what the money is used for.  What part of paying
>>> taxes is too difficult for you?
>>
>> That's a really stupid thing to say, even by your abysmal standards.
>
> You haven't an answer, so you resort to abuse.

Equally stupid. Well down to your usual low standards.

>>> Nonsense, investigative reporting is the job of a news gathering
>>> organisation such as BBC News.
>
>> The country concerned has security forces, a system of justice and its
>> own broadcasters. And its own taxpayers.

>> They are the ones who should be doing whatever is required there.
>
> The security forces were the abusers, and just what is about the BRITISH
> Broadcasting Corporation being an INTERNATIONAL news gathering
> organisation that you find so hard to understand?

See above.

The business of other countries is their business and none of yours or mine.

Re: BBC Programme

<s9t27p$kqo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23316&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23316

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 13:57:27 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:57 UTC

On 09/06/2021 23:49, JNugent wrote:
> On 09/06/2021 11:25 pm, Java Jive wrote:

>>> The BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation, paid for by British citizens
>>> and residents, has no business investigating alleged crime on the
>>> other side of the world. The local forced of law and order should be
>>> doing that. perhaps even the local broadcasters. It's THEIR business,
>>> you see - and none of ours.
>>
>> Just what is about the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation being an
>> INTERNATIONAL news gathering organisation that you find so hard to
>> understand?
>
> "News gathering" is NOT the same thing as investigation.

You cannot have the former unless someone is doing the latter.

>>> That's a really stupid thing to say, even by your abysmal standards.
>>
>> You haven't an answer, so you resort to abuse.
>
> Equally stupid. Well down to your usual low standards.

Again, you have no rational answer, so resort to abuse.

>>> The country concerned has security forces, a system of justice and
>>> its own broadcasters. And its own taxpayers.
>
>>> They are the ones who should be doing whatever is required there.
>>
>> The security forces were the abusers, and just what is about the
>> BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation being an INTERNATIONAL news gathering
>> organisation that you find so hard to understand?
>
> See above.
>
> The business of other countries is their business and none of yours or
> mine.

That depends on whether we choose to make it our business. South Africa
would probably still be an apartheid regime if consumers around the
world had taken your attitude. Thankfully, they didn't: They read in
newspapers and watched on TV the violence of the repression, were
shocked, arranged economic, financial, commercial, and sporting
boycotts, and thereby eventually induced comparatively peaceful change.

No-one at the time complained about the BBC covering the violent
repression is South Africa.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BBC Programme

<iiemi6FolonU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23318&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23318

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 15:40:06 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:40 UTC

On 10/06/2021 01:57 pm, Java Jive wrote:
> On 09/06/2021 23:49, JNugent wrote:

>>> Just what is about the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation being an
>>> INTERNATIONAL news gathering organisation that you find so hard to
>>> understand?
>>
>> "News gathering" is NOT the same thing as investigation.
>
> You cannot have the former unless someone is doing the latter.

>>> You haven't an answer, so you resort to abuse.
>>
>> Equally stupid. Well down to your usual low standards.
>
> Again, you have no rational answer, so resort to abuse.

>>> The security forces were the abusers, and just what is about the
>>> BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation being an INTERNATIONAL news
>>> gathering organisation that you find so hard to understand?
>>
>> See above.
>>
>> The business of other countries is their business and none of yours or
>> mine.
>
> That depends on whether we choose to make it our business.  South Africa
> would probably still be an apartheid regime if consumers around the
> world had taken your attitude.  Thankfully, they didn't:  They read in
> newspapers and watched on TV the violence of the repression, were
> shocked, arranged economic, financial, commercial, and sporting
> boycotts, and thereby eventually induced comparatively peaceful change.
>
> No-one at the time complained about the BBC covering the violent
> repression is South Africa.

How long are you going to try to keep this up?

As you already know, no-one's interested in anything you have to say.

Have you got anything to say (or ask) about digital TV and its technology?

Re: BBC Programme

<s9tat8$qo6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23319&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23319

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:25:29 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 15:25 UTC

On 10/06/2021 15:40, JNugent wrote:

> How long are you going to try to keep this up?
>
> As you already know, no-one's interested in anything you have to say.
>
> Have you got anything to say (or ask) about digital TV and its technology?

In other words, as was obvious several exchanges ago, you have no real
arguments on your side, but won't admit that you're wrong.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BBC Programme

<iif82vFrtc6U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23320&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23320

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:39:13 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:39 UTC

On 10/06/2021 04:25 pm, Java Jive wrote:

> On 10/06/2021 15:40, JNugent wrote:
>>
>> How long are you going to try to keep this up?
>> As you already know, no-one's interested in anything you have to say.
>> Have you got anything to say (or ask) about digital TV and its
>> technology?
>
> In other words, as was obvious several exchanges ago, you have no real
> arguments on your side, but won't admit that you're wrong.

Have you anything sensible to add to that?

Re: BBC Programme

<s9tsp4$10nk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23321&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23321

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:30:29 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:30 UTC

On 10/06/2021 20:39, JNugent wrote:
> On 10/06/2021 04:25 pm, Java Jive wrote:
>
>> On 10/06/2021 15:40, JNugent wrote:
>>>
>>> How long are you going to try to keep this up?
>>> As you already know, no-one's interested in anything you have to say.
>>> Have you got anything to say (or ask) about digital TV and its
>>> technology?
>>
>> In other words, as was obvious several exchanges ago, you have no real
>> arguments on your side, but won't admit that you're wrong.
>
> Have you anything sensible to add to that?

I have been sensible throughout, it's you that's been senseless in
trying to defend an irrational ideological complaint about the BBC.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BBC Programme

<iifo5tFdcbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23325&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23325

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 01:13:49 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 00:13 UTC

On 10/06/2021 09:30 pm, Java Jive wrote:
> On 10/06/2021 20:39, JNugent wrote:

>>> In other words, as was obvious several exchanges ago, you have no
>>> real arguments on your side, but won't admit that you're wrong.
>>
>> Have you anything sensible to add to that?
>
> I have been sensible throughout, it's you that's been senseless in
> trying to defend an irrational ideological complaint about the BBC.

So you haven't anything sensible to add.

Fair enough.

Re: BBC Programme

<s9vha1$11n1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23328&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23328

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 12:26:57 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:26 UTC

On 11/06/2021 01:13, JNugent wrote:
> On 10/06/2021 09:30 pm, Java Jive wrote:

>>> Have you anything sensible to add to that?
>>
>> I have been sensible throughout, it's you that's been senseless in
>> trying to defend an irrational ideological complaint about the BBC.
>
> So you haven't anything sensible to add.
>
> Fair enough.

Yawn! Continue to call black 'white' and white 'black' if you like,
just don't expect anyone else to believe you, that's all.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: BBC Programme

<593b57bfebnoise@audiomisc.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23329&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23329

From: noi...@audiomisc.co.uk (Jim Lesurf)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 09:55:58 +0100
References: <xn0myqek6mrlmnk01s@news.individual.net> <ii12n6F4vl7U2@mid.individual.net> <s9fmbv$1m9n$1@gioia.aioe.org> <ii8v9mFl65fU1@mid.individual.net> <s9niu8$1fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <ii93kdFm120U1@mid.individual.net> <s9nlpj$1do1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <iic7s2Fa63nU1@mid.individual.net> <s9rf41$192s$1@gioia.aioe.org> <iicusfFeer6U3@mid.individual.net> <s9t27p$kqo$1@gioia.aioe.org> <iiemi6FolonU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Jim Lesurf - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 08:55 UTC

In article <iiemi6FolonU2@mid.individual.net>,
JNugent <jennings&co@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> As you already know, no-one's interested in anything you have to say.

False. :-)

Jim

Electronics https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm

Re: BBC Programme

<saa5f6$tnh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23419&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23419

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 13:12:53 +0100
 by: MB - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 12:12 UTC

On 05/06/2021 15:23, Bob Latham wrote:
> As we learnt again a couple of weeks back, it would be better if the
> BBC regularly investigated itself for the same issues, certainly more
> relevant.

The BBC has always done far more navel gazing than any other British
broadcaster.