Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 08:41:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Get on your bike and bring the family along to fun event for all at
Strathclyde Park
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 16:41 UTC

A cycling event aimed at encouraging people of all ages to get on their bikes and become more active is being held at Strathclyde Park next month.

The “We Cycle North Lan” event is being organised by Getting Better Together (GBT) in Shotts in partnership with Event Scotland.

Lasting for five hours it will celebrate cycling in all its forms and will also help highlight the UCI World Championships which are taking place in Glasgow in August this year.

Get all the news from your area – as well as features, entertainment, sport and the latest on Lanarkshire’s recovery from the coronavirus pandemic – straight to your fingertips, 24/7.

The championships are being billed as the “biggest cycling event ever” and will bring the world’s greatest riders together to compete at the highest levels in a host of bike events including BMX MTB (mountain bike, road, track, and para-cycling.

Craig Bridges, strategic lead for Get Active – Get Going Programme at GBT, said: “We plan on offering a host of activities,including rides for families, adapted bikes, kids’ bikes, and MTB led rides.

“It’s an event for everyone, families and children from throughout Lanarkshire. We want to celebrate cycling in all its different forms and promote it. We are offering activities for everyone.

“Supporting partners and those delivering activities include Free Wheel North and Cycle Station. There will also be Doctor Bike which gives you the chance to have your own bike repaired.

“But even if you don’t have a bike of your won there will be something for you to get involved in. Ideally, it would be best if you bring your own bike even if it needs repaired the Doctor Bike scheme will be able to take care of that, and there will be free bike servicing.”

The Strathclyde Park event is completely free of charge and will take place on Saturday, March 25 from 10am to 3pm at the Foreshore Car Park.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/your-bike-bring-family-along-29241449

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Get on your bike and bring the family along to fun event for all at Strathclyde Park