Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / T20 Semi Finals

SubjectAuthor
* T20 Semi Finalsmike
+- Re: T20 Semi FinalsFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
+* Re: T20 Semi FinalsFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
|+- Re: T20 Semi FinalsFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
|`- Re: T20 Semi FinalsFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
`- Re: T20 Semi FinalsFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

1
T20 Semi Finals

<283a31d3-f355-4ccc-8487-5c2f5337890en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23514&group=uk.sport.cricket#23514

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 16:31:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: T20 Semi Finals
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 00:31 UTC

Hopefully the rain will stay away from both matches. On form
NZ should win but if Babar & Rizwan get a big start for PAK,
they have the bowlers to trouble NZ.

If the match at Adelaide is played on another used pitch,
it might favour the spinners. India have got the worlds
best players of spin, england well not so much. If it does
then Ashwin might be a key bowler.

Last time I thought it would be India vs Oz, India didnt even
get to the SFs, this time I thought the final would be I vs Oz,
and Oz didnt get to the SFs. I just wonder if fate is bringing us
a Ind vs Pak rematch?

mike

Re: T20 Semi Finals

<tkfls9$17p1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23515&group=uk.sport.cricket#23515

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: T20 Semi Finals
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 23:46:13 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 07:46 UTC

On 11/8/2022 4:31 PM, mike wrote:
> Hopefully the rain will stay away from both matches. On form
> NZ should win but if Babar & Rizwan get a big start for PAK,
> they have the bowlers to trouble NZ.
>
> If the match at Adelaide is played on another used pitch,
> it might favour the spinners. India have got the worlds
> best players of spin, england well not so much. If it does
> then Ashwin might be a key bowler.
>
> Last time I thought it would be India vs Oz, India didnt even
> get to the SFs, this time I thought the final would be I vs Oz,
> and Oz didnt get to the SFs. I just wonder if fate is bringing us
> a Ind vs Pak rematch?
>
> mike

Pakis got the momentum. Haris is in great form, Babar is DUE for a big
score based on law of averages.

I really want the Paki pigs to LOSE, though for obvious reasons.

Indians except most muslims will be rooting for NZ.

This is the best T20 World Cup I have seen.

Lot of upsets and very close games with the last couple of deliveries
and over deciding the outcomes with rain also playing spoilsport at
times making it difficult to predict teams' progress.

I won't bet money on India because Rohit Sharma doesn't improvise like
Dhoni, depending on game situation.

Rohit and Hardik had a poor series so far.

Hopefully they get their act together and score some runs for India in
Semis and hopefully finals.

Re: T20 Semi Finals

<tkga0t$mf3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23522&group=uk.sport.cricket#23522

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 05:30:03 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 13:30 UTC

On 11/8/2022 4:31 PM, mike wrote:
> Hopefully the rain will stay away from both matches. On form
> NZ should win but if Babar & Rizwan get a big start for PAK,
> they have the bowlers to trouble NZ.
>
> If the match at Adelaide is played on another used pitch,
> it might favour the spinners. India have got the worlds
> best players of spin, england well not so much. If it does
> then Ashwin might be a key bowler.
>
> Last time I thought it would be India vs Oz, India didnt even
> get to the SFs, this time I thought the final would be I vs Oz,
> and Oz didnt get to the SFs. I just wonder if fate is bringing us
> a Ind vs Pak rematch?
>
> mike

India should beef up the batting with Pant and GAMBLE with Chahal
replacing Axar, even though Chahal hasn't had a game in a month.

India can also consider replacing Axar with Hooda and hope Bhuvi,
Hardik, Arshdeep, Ashwin and Shami can complete their four overs quota
with reasonable economy.

Pakis are very LUCKY.

God literally HELPED Pakis by making SA lose to Netherlands.

Everything is going well for Pakis, they have the greatest momentum,
killer instinct, god's help and REVENGE on their minds, IF India makes
the finals.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2022-23-1298134/new-zealand-vs-pakistan-1st-semi-final-1298177/match-preview

A Pakistan who were all but out of the tournament, "only for forces
beyond human comprehension" - Qudrat ka Nizam*, you might say - to carry
them into the semi-finals.

Re: T20 Semi Finals

<tkl0sg$c1k$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23576&group=uk.sport.cricket#23576

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 00:24:48 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:24 UTC

On 11/9/2022 5:30 AM, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 11/8/2022 4:31 PM, mike wrote:
>> Hopefully the rain will stay away from both matches. On form
>> NZ should win but if Babar & Rizwan get a big start for PAK,
>> they have the bowlers to trouble NZ.
>>
>> If the match at Adelaide is played on another used pitch,
>> it might favour the spinners. India have got the worlds
>> best players of spin, england well not so much. If it does
>> then Ashwin might be a key bowler.
>>
>> Last time I thought it would be India vs Oz, India didnt even
>> get to the SFs, this time I thought the final would be I vs Oz,
>> and Oz didnt get to the SFs. I just wonder if fate is bringing us
>> a Ind vs Pak rematch?
>>
>> mike
>

> India should beef up the batting with Pant and GAMBLE with Chahal
> replacing Axar, even though Chahal hasn't had a game in a month.

I said India should GAMBLE with Chahal in place of Axar, "BEFORE" the
India vs England game.

I also said many times that Rohit and team management DON'T IMPROVISE.

Cricket commentator Veera said it "AFTER" the game/fact today.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/conservative-india-needs-t20-reboot-rohit-rahul-kohli-misfits-as-top-3-8261372/

They didn’t replace Axar Patel with a more attacking gamble on
leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal this World Cup despite failures because
they wanted a cushion with the bat.

Not many “risks’ were taken by this team management.

For a long while, they kept Harshal Patel in the team despite being
clear that in Australia, his one-trick card wasn’t going to work.
Pakistan pumped in with pace, so did England, but India, it seems, were
preparing for a World Cup in the subcontinent.

The moves show a lack of vision and clarity.

================

Likewise I said that Rohit doesn't improvise tactics based on the game
situation.

Tom Moody said today that the Indian top 3 are NOT DYNAMIC and Left
hander Pant should have been promoted.

None of you understand that I can see these things VERY EASILY because I
can see the BIG PICTURE cuz of my "THIRD EYE".

> India can also consider replacing Axar with Hooda and hope Bhuvi,
> Hardik, Arshdeep, Ashwin and Shami can complete their four overs quota
> with reasonable economy.
>

> Pakis are very LUCKY.
>
> God literally HELPED Pakis by making SA lose to Netherlands.
>
> Everything is going well for Pakis, they have the greatest momentum,
> killer instinct, god's help and REVENGE on their minds, IF India makes
> the finals.
>

> https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2022-23-1298134/new-zealand-vs-pakistan-1st-semi-final-1298177/match-preview
>
> A Pakistan who were all but out of the tournament, "only for forces
> beyond human comprehension" - Qudrat ka Nizam*, you might say - to carry
> them into the semi-finals.

Re: T20 Semi Finals

<tkl236$r91$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23578&group=uk.sport.cricket#23578

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 00:45:26 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:45 UTC

On 11/9/2022 5:30 AM, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 11/8/2022 4:31 PM, mike wrote:
>> Hopefully the rain will stay away from both matches. On form
>> NZ should win but if Babar & Rizwan get a big start for PAK,
>> they have the bowlers to trouble NZ.
>>
>> If the match at Adelaide is played on another used pitch,
>> it might favour the spinners. India have got the worlds
>> best players of spin, england well not so much. If it does
>> then Ashwin might be a key bowler.
>>
>> Last time I thought it would be India vs Oz, India didnt even
>> get to the SFs, this time I thought the final would be I vs Oz,
>> and Oz didnt get to the SFs. I just wonder if fate is bringing us
>> a Ind vs Pak rematch?
>>
>> mike
>

> India should beef up the batting with Pant and GAMBLE with Chahal
> replacing Axar, even though Chahal hasn't had a game in a month.
>

> India can also consider replacing Axar with Hooda and hope Bhuvi,
> Hardik, Arshdeep, Ashwin and Shami can complete their four overs quota
> with reasonable economy.
>

> Pakis are very LUCKY.
>
> God literally HELPED Pakis by making SA lose to Netherlands.
>
> Everything is going well for Pakis, they have the greatest momentum,
> killer instinct, god's help and REVENGE on their minds, IF India makes
> the finals.
>

> https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-2022-23-1298134/new-zealand-vs-pakistan-1st-semi-final-1298177/match-preview
>
> A Pakistan who were all but out of the tournament, "only for forces
> beyond human comprehension" - Qudrat ka Nizam*, you might say - to carry
> them into the semi-finals.

I kept complaining for months that Rohit and INdian team mgmt doesn't
improvise dynamically and that India BARELY WON against Pakis and
bangladesh MASKING Indian team's weaknesses, and winning vs Ned and Zim
is NO big deal.

I said all these things BEFORE the FACT which was why I had NO
confidence in India beating Eng and Pak in semis and finals. I saw the
writing on the wall which is why I didn't feel bad India losing to
England cuz I already EXPECTED IT.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/t20-world-cup-why-old-school-team-india-is-out-of-depth-in-the-modern-game-8261585/

India’s batsmen were short of ideas. They were too rigid. The usual
strategy of cementing a solid base and expanding at the death — albeit a
safe template against most teams or when chasing, would not work on a
benign surface such as this — at least not against a team that bats deep
and has a wide variety of hitters.

It raises a bigger question. Did India have the quality to win a
championship? In fact, apart from Zimbabwe and the Netherlands games,
they have been pushed to the brink and had to rely on individual dazzle
and panicky opponents.

Re: T20 Semi Finals

<tkl3lf$1g0e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23579&group=uk.sport.cricket#23579

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 01:12:16 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:12 UTC

On 11/8/2022 4:31 PM, mike wrote:
> Hopefully the rain will stay away from both matches. On form
> NZ should win but if Babar & Rizwan get a big start for PAK,
> they have the bowlers to trouble NZ.
>
> If the match at Adelaide is played on another used pitch,
> it might favour the spinners. India have got the worlds
> best players of spin, england well not so much. If it does
> then Ashwin might be a key bowler.
>
> Last time I thought it would be India vs Oz, India didnt even
> get to the SFs, this time I thought the final would be I vs Oz,
> and Oz didnt get to the SFs. I just wonder if fate is bringing us
> a Ind vs Pak rematch?
>
> mike

Everybody is an EXPERT "AFTER" the FACT. Look at all these columnists
saying things AFTER the fact.

Why didn't they write a column with suggestions that India should GAMBLE
with Chahal in place of Axar, like I did "BEFORE the FACT?"

Why didn't they say that India BARELY winning against Pak and BD is NO
BIG DEAL?

I have been consistently complaining for months that Dravid and Rohit
DON'T KNOW how to select the right combination of team and they have NO
IMPROVISATIONAL SKILLS.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/blind-faith-in-star-power-holds-india-back-at-world-cups-8262233/

After India’s ouster, there would be a lot of finger-pointing towards
India’s preparation, experimentation and approach in the months leading
up to the T20 World Cup. But the question needs to be asked whether
India made the "most of the personnel" they had with them in Australia.