From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Decisions, decisions.
Date: 1 Jul 2022 15:14:18 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 15:14 UTC

Sometime in the early 90's I rejected Linux Slackware and O/S Warp in
favour of Windows 386 (from memory).

Sometime in the last few years I must have decided that Displayport was
the connection of the future for graphics because I have 2 x monitors with
Displayport inputs, Displayport cables up the wazoo and 2 x computers with
HDMI outputs.

I have just ordered 2 x Displayport TO HDMI converters - HDMI from the PC
to Displayport on the monitor, I hope to goodness I have it the right way
round.

Incidentally guess which direction of conversion cost a fiver and which
twenty fiver :-(

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Those are my principles – and if you don’t like them, well, I have others.