From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Avalon Air Show
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 00:17:19 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 13:17 UTC

According to news reports it was utter chaos today. cars banked up along
the Princess freeway bumper to bumper with ppl stuck in their cars for
two hours or more, before they could get to the gates. some just turned
around and went home, and some left their cars parked along the side of
the freeway and hoofed it for 5 klms to the entrance, but then the
situation was no better. huge crowds, and ppl waiting an hour or more to
get in. but it's always been this way, albeit not quite so bad. when
will they ever learn!

--
"He's gone from being King of the Dung Heap to having to follow around
someone he derided for years as being sub-human to post his worthless

"Deluded is you Darren. Definitely deluded if you think anyone believes
your claims of 3 apprenticeships, 2 trade qualifications and business
ownership" - Xeno 20/2/23

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6i7ehFl4d6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23527&group=aus.cars#23527

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Avalon Air Show
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 11:51:19 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 00:51 UTC

Yosemite Sam wrote:

> According to news reports it was utter chaos today. cars banked up
> along the Princess freeway bumper to bumper with ppl stuck in their
> cars for two hours or more, before they could get to the gates. some
> just turned around and went home, and some left their cars parked
> along the side of the freeway and hoofed it for 5 klms to the
> entrance, but then the situation was no better. huge crowds, and ppl
> waiting an hour or more to get in. but it's always been this way,
> albeit not quite so bad. when will they ever learn!

almost as bad today too

--
"He's gone from being King of the Dung Heap to having to follow around
someone he derided for years as being sub-human to post his worthless
& cowardly snipes. If only he hadn't told all those lies and abused so many
people... " - Alvey on Noddy 14/2/23

"Deluded is you Darren. Definitely deluded if you think anyone believes
your claims of 3 apprenticeships, 2 trade qualifications and business
ownership" - Xeno 20/2/23

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6ihb1FmgkaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23528&group=aus.cars#23528

From: nothing....@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 13:41:21 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 03:41 UTC

On 5/03/2023 10:51 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> According to news reports it was utter chaos today. cars banked up
>> along the Princess freeway bumper to bumper with ppl stuck in their
>> cars for two hours or more, before they could get to the gates. some
>> just turned around and went home, and some left their cars parked
>> along the side of the freeway and hoofed it for 5 klms to the
>> entrance, but then the situation was no better. huge crowds, and ppl
>> waiting an hour or more to get in. but it's always been this way,
>> albeit not quite so bad. when will they ever learn!
>>

> almost as bad today too

If you want to go to an event as popular as Avalon, you go early,
preferably very early. If you're late - you wait.

--
Clocky on programming 18 Feb 2022
"What, you copy and paste code into a sketch in Arduino, select the

Clocky on NASA 18 Mar 2022
"Oh, and btw... if you worked for NASA how is it thay you are seemingly
oblivious to Commodore Amigas used at NASA"

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6ikp6Fn0icU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23529&group=aus.cars#23529

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 15:38:50 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 04:38 UTC

Keithr0 wrote:
> On 5/03/2023 10:51 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> According to news reports it was utter chaos today. cars banked up
>>> along the Princess freeway bumper to bumper with ppl stuck in their
>>> cars for two hours or more, before they could get to the gates. some
>>> just turned around and went home, and some left their cars parked
>>> along the side of the freeway and hoofed it for 5 klms to the
>>> entrance, but then the situation was no better. huge crowds, and ppl
>>> waiting an hour or more to get in. but it's always been this way,
>>> albeit not quite so bad. when will they ever learn!
>>>

>> almost as bad today too
>>
> If you want to go to an event as popular as Avalon, you go early,
> preferably very early. If you're late - you wait.

it would seem that a lot of ppl don't know or realize this

--
"He's gone from being King of the Dung Heap to having to follow around
someone he derided for years as being sub-human to post his worthless
& cowardly snipes. If only he hadn't told all those lies and abused so many
people... " - Alvey on Noddy 14/2/23

"Deluded is you Darren. Definitely deluded if you think anyone believes
your claims of 3 apprenticeships, 2 trade qualifications and business
ownership" - Xeno 20/2/23

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6iue2Fod0kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23530&group=aus.cars#23530

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:23:36 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 07:23 UTC

Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Keithr0 wrote:

>>> almost as bad today too
>>>
>> If you want to go to an event as popular as Avalon, you go early,
>> preferably very early. If you're late - you wait.
>>

> it would seem that a lot of ppl don't know or realize this

on the news tonight one person being interviewed said he was stuck in
the jam two hours before the gates even opened! looks like ppl would
need to leave at 4:00 am if they're going there.

--
"He's gone from being King of the Dung Heap to having to follow around
someone he derided for years as being sub-human to post his worthless
& cowardly snipes. If only he hadn't told all those lies and abused so many
people... " - Alvey on Noddy 14/2/23

"Deluded is you Darren. Definitely deluded if you think anyone believes
your claims of 3 apprenticeships, 2 trade qualifications and business
ownership" - Xeno 20/2/23

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6j18jFoov1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23531&group=aus.cars#23531

From: nothing....@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:13:08 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 08:13 UTC

On 5/03/2023 5:23 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Keithr0 wrote:

>>> If you want to go to an event as popular as Avalon, you go early,
>>> preferably very early. If you're late - you wait.
>>>

>> it would seem that a lot of ppl don't know or realize this
>>

> on the news tonight one person being interviewed said he was stuck in
> the jam two hours before the gates even opened! looks like ppl would
> need to leave at 4:00 am if they're going there.

I suppose that there must be nothing much else to do in Melbourne :)

--
Clocky on programming 18 Feb 2022
"What, you copy and paste code into a sketch in Arduino, select the
libraries to include, modify it a bit and hit program"

Clocky on NASA 18 Mar 2022
"Oh, and btw... if you worked for NASA how is it thay you are seemingly
oblivious to Commodore Amigas used at NASA"

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6j8s2FptofU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23532&group=aus.cars#23532

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 21:21:44 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:21 UTC

Keithr0 wrote:
> On 5/03/2023 5:23 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> it would seem that a lot of ppl don't know or realize this
>>>

>> on the news tonight one person being interviewed said he was stuck in
>> the jam two hours before the gates even opened! looks like ppl would
>> need to leave at 4:00 am if they're going there.
>>
> I suppose that there must be nothing much else to do in Melbourne :)

it's the first time it's been on for three years I think because of
covid. I thought you of all ppl would know about it.

--
"He's gone from being King of the Dung Heap to having to follow around
someone he derided for years as being sub-human to post his worthless
& cowardly snipes. If only he hadn't told all those lies and abused so many
people... " - Alvey on Noddy 14/2/23

"Where else could you study a cluster of mouth-breathers who prefer the
company of a repulsive and brazen fraud over those who tell the truth?"
- Alvey on aus.cars 19/2/23

"Deluded is you Darren. Definitely deluded if you think anyone believes
your claims of 3 apprenticeships, 2 trade qualifications and business
ownership" - Xeno 20/2/23

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6jalpFq31tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23533&group=aus.cars#23533

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 21:53:44 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:53 UTC

On 5/3/2023 2:41 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 5/03/2023 10:51 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> According to news reports it was utter chaos today. cars banked up
>>> along the Princess freeway bumper to bumper with ppl stuck in their
>>> cars for two hours or more, before they could get to the gates. some
>>> just turned around and went home, and some left their cars parked
>>> along the side of the freeway and hoofed it for 5 klms to the
>>> entrance, but then the situation was no better. huge crowds, and ppl
>>> waiting an hour or more to get in. but it's always been this way,
>>> albeit not quite so bad. when will they ever learn!
>>>

>> almost as bad today too
>>
> If you want to go to an event as popular as Avalon, you go early,
> preferably very early. If you're late - you wait.

As in arrive the day before:-)
It was actually no joke, we took 4hrs to get into the carpark then a
very long walk to get inside only to find that the cunts had fucked the
whole show due to greed, previously it was easy to see the runway but
this time they erected grandstands that blocked the view unless you paid
more, we found out later that there were some spots were you could see
the runway but it was a very long walk.
What we did see was awesome but they oversold tickets, put up the
grandstands then completely fucked up the traffic management, last time
we went was about the same time of day as this year and there was no
problem, traffic was slow but moving, took us less than 1.5 hrs (driving
from home without traffic is about 45mins so 1.5 is reasonable) whereas
this time 4hrs so it was an utter fuck up.
Thousands of people are demanding refunds and they said on tonight's
news that refunds were being offered so the organizers have acknowledged
their fuck up.

--
Daryl

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6jgjiFqtimU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23534&group=aus.cars#23534

From: nothing....@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 22:34:59 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:34 UTC

On 5/03/2023 8:21 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Keithr0 wrote:

>>> on the news tonight one person being interviewed said he was stuck in
>>> the jam two hours before the gates even opened! looks like ppl would
>>> need to leave at 4:00 am if they're going there.
>>>
>> I suppose that there must be nothing much else to do in Melbourne :)
>>

> it's the first time it's been on for three years I think because of
> covid. I thought you of all ppl would know about it.

It may come as a surprise to you that I actually live in Queensland
about 1700km from Avalon. The local media covered the announcements
earlier in the week, but nobody in Brisbane media is interested in
traffic jams at a Victorian air show.
--
Clocky on programming 18 Feb 2022
"What, you copy and paste code into a sketch in Arduino, select the
libraries to include, modify it a bit and hit program"

Clocky on NASA 18 Mar 2022
"Oh, and btw... if you worked for NASA how is it thay you are seemingly
oblivious to Commodore Amigas used at NASA"

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6jgn6FqtimU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23535&group=aus.cars#23535

From: nothing....@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 22:36:55 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:36 UTC

On 5/03/2023 8:53 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 5/3/2023 2:41 pm, Keithr0 wrote:

>>> almost as bad today too
>>>
>> If you want to go to an event as popular as Avalon, you go early,
>> preferably very early. If you're late - you wait.
>>

> As in arrive the day before:-)
> It was actually no joke, we took 4hrs to get into the carpark then a
> very long walk to get inside only to find that the cunts had fucked the
> whole show due to greed, previously it was easy to see the runway but
> this time they erected grandstands that blocked the view unless you paid
> more, we found out later that there were some spots were you could see
> the runway but it was a very long walk.
> What we did see was awesome but they oversold tickets, put up the
> grandstands then completely fucked up the traffic management, last time
> we went was about the same time of day as this year and there was no
> problem, traffic was slow but moving, took us less than 1.5 hrs (driving
> from home without traffic is about 45mins so 1.5 is reasonable) whereas
> this time 4hrs so it was an utter fuck up.
> Thousands of people are demanding refunds and they said on tonight's
> news that refunds were being offered so the organizers have acknowledged
> their fuck up.

I would have liked to have gone, but I'm glad I didn't.

--
Clocky on programming 18 Feb 2022
"What, you copy and paste code into a sketch in Arduino, select the
libraries to include, modify it a bit and hit program"

Clocky on NASA 18 Mar 2022
"Oh, and btw... if you worked for NASA how is it thay you are seemingly
oblivious to Commodore Amigas used at NASA"

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6jgr0Fqsg4U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23536&group=aus.cars#23536

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 23:37:42 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:37 UTC

Keithr0 wrote:
> On 5/03/2023 8:21 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Keithr0 wrote:

>>> I suppose that there must be nothing much else to do in Melbourne :)
>>>

>> it's the first time it's been on for three years I think because of
>> covid. I thought you of all ppl would know about it.
>>
> It may come as a surprise to you that I actually live in Queensland
> about 1700km from Avalon.

I know that but I thought you would be interested in an air show

--
"He's gone from being King of the Dung Heap to having to follow around
someone he derided for years as being sub-human to post his worthless
& cowardly snipes. If only he hadn't told all those lies and abused so many
people... " - Alvey on Noddy 14/2/23

"Deluded is you Darren. Definitely deluded if you think anyone believes
your claims of 3 apprenticeships, 2 trade qualifications and business
ownership" - Xeno 20/2/23

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6kgbcF19pcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23537&group=aus.cars#23537

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 08:36:44 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 21:36 UTC

On 5/3/2023 11:36 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 5/03/2023 8:53 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> If you want to go to an event as popular as Avalon, you go early,
>>> preferably very early. If you're late - you wait.
>>>

>> As in arrive the day before:-)
>> It was actually no joke, we took 4hrs to get into the carpark then a
>> very long walk to get inside only to find that the cunts had fucked
>> the whole show due to greed, previously it was easy to see the runway
>> but this time they erected grandstands that blocked the view unless
>> you paid more, we found out later that there were some spots were you
>> could see the runway but it was a very long walk.
>> What we did see was awesome but they oversold tickets, put up the
>> grandstands then completely fucked up the traffic management, last
>> time we went was about the same time of day as this year and there was
>> no problem, traffic was slow but moving, took us less than 1.5 hrs
>> (driving from home without traffic is about 45mins so 1.5 is
>> reasonable) whereas this time 4hrs so it was an utter fuck up.
>> Thousands of people are demanding refunds and they said on tonight's
>> news that refunds were being offered so the organizers have
>> acknowledged their fuck up.
>>
> I would have liked to have gone, but I'm glad I didn't.

You would enjoyed the show once you got there, we talked about going by
helicopter but that's not cheap especially since we had 4 adults and 3 kids.
My nephew and his family were dropped off early by his sister who lives
in nearby Lara, they were dropped off at the normal airport terminal and
walked into the show, not having to park made a huge difference to how
long it took to get in.

--
Daryl

Re: Avalon Air Show

<ytfNL.1707696$vBI8.158142@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23538&group=aus.cars#23538

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 17:10:36 +1100
 by: lindsay - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 06:10 UTC

On 5/03/2023 9:53 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 5/3/2023 2:41 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
>
>> If you want to go to an event as popular as Avalon, you go early,
>> preferably very early. If you're late - you wait.
>>

> As in arrive the day before:-)
> It was actually no joke, we took 4hrs to get into the carpark then a
> very long walk to get inside only to find that the cunts had fucked the
> whole show due to greed, previously it was easy to see the runway but
> this time they erected grandstands that blocked the view unless you paid
> more, we found out later that there were some spots were you could see
> the runway but it was a very long walk.
> What we did see was awesome but they oversold tickets, put up the
> grandstands then completely fucked up the traffic management, last time
> we went was about the same time of day as this year and there was no
> problem, traffic was slow but moving, took us less than 1.5 hrs (driving
> from home without traffic is about 45mins so 1.5 is reasonable) whereas
> this time 4hrs so it was an utter fuck up.
> Thousands of people are demanding refunds and they said on tonight's
> news that refunds were being offered so the organizers have acknowledged
> their fuck up.

I went to the original airshow... into the city by train, bus from
flinders st to Avalon. sat in the bus for 2.5 hours from memory. missed
half the display. Been to a few others; once by car: we were there in
the queue at sun-up. Dickhead on the gate asked me what was in my black
camera case. "A camera"; he gave me a dirty look and asked what was in
the bag on my back clearly marked "Wonder chair", so i answered "a
stinger anti-aircraft missile". rather than give it a feel, he made me
unpack it to the boo's of a few in the crowd behind me. then 2 hour wait
in the carpark before we could move. Thats when I started to fly there.
And even that can have shortcomings, like when your told to meet at a
certain gate at 5pm, 5pm comes nothing.. 5.15 and I ring 'em: " where
the fuck are you?" Oh, we're waiting for you at Avalon East!" 3 fucking
kilometres away... But i would never drive again. plane or helo is the
way to go, but after you saying about all the grandstands and chalets, I
doubt i'd go at all.... a $500 day. spoilt by packed crowd and
buildings.. nah... Youtube have some awesome HD videos that look
fantastic on a big screen :-)

Did the kids enjoy it?

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6nplrFgsnrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23539&group=aus.cars#23539

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 14:34:19 +1100
 by: Daryl - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 03:34 UTC

On 6/3/2023 5:10 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 5/03/2023 9:53 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 5/3/2023 2:41 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
>>
>>> If you want to go to an event as popular as Avalon, you go early,
>>> preferably very early. If you're late - you wait.
>>>

>> As in arrive the day before:-)
>> It was actually no joke, we took 4hrs to get into the carpark then a
>> very long walk to get inside only to find that the cunts had fucked
>> the whole show due to greed, previously it was easy to see the runway
>> but this time they erected grandstands that blocked the view unless
>> you paid more, we found out later that there were some spots were you
>> could see the runway but it was a very long walk.
>> What we did see was awesome but they oversold tickets, put up the
>> grandstands then completely fucked up the traffic management, last
>> time we went was about the same time of day as this year and there was
>> no problem, traffic was slow but moving, took us less than 1.5 hrs
>> (driving from home without traffic is about 45mins so 1.5 is
>> reasonable) whereas this time 4hrs so it was an utter fuck up.
>> Thousands of people are demanding refunds and they said on tonight's
>> news that refunds were being offered so the organizers have
>> acknowledged their fuck up.
>
> I went to the original airshow... into the city by train, bus from
> flinders st to Avalon. sat in the bus for 2.5 hours from memory. missed
> half the display. Been to a few others; once by car: we were there in
> the queue at sun-up. Dickhead on the gate asked me what was in my black
> camera case. "A camera"; he gave me a dirty look and asked what was in
> the bag on my back clearly marked "Wonder chair", so i answered "a
> stinger anti-aircraft missile". rather than give it a feel, he made me
> unpack it to the boo's of a few in the crowd behind me. then 2 hour wait
> in the carpark before we could move. Thats when I started to fly there.
> And even that can have shortcomings, like when your told to meet at a
> certain gate at 5pm, 5pm comes nothing.. 5.15 and I ring 'em: " where
> the fuck are you?"  Oh, we're waiting for you at Avalon East!" 3 fucking
> kilometres away...  But i would never drive again. plane or helo is the
> way to go, but after you saying about all the grandstands and chalets, I
> doubt i'd go at all....  a $500 day. spoilt by packed crowd and
> buildings.. nah...

Agree, unless something changes I won't be going again.

  Youtube have some awesome HD videos that look
> fantastic on a big screen :-)

Agree, did you see the one with the FA18 cockpit view facing toward the
pilot?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twxRqCSa6no

> Did the kids enjoy it?

Kids loved it, if anything it was a bit loud for them but overall their
eyes were glued to the displays and they all want to be fighter pilots:-)

--
Daryl

Re: Avalon Air Show

<%%QNL.194086$0dpc.161470@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23540&group=aus.cars#23540

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 11:53:11 +1100
 by: lindsay - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 00:53 UTC

On 7/03/2023 2:34 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 6/3/2023 5:10 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 5/03/2023 9:53 pm, Daryl wrote:

>> at Avalon East!" 3 fucking kilometres away...  But i would never drive
>> again. plane or helo is the way to go, but after you saying about all
>> the grandstands and chalets, I doubt i'd go at all....  a $500 day.
>> spoilt by packed crowd and buildings.. nah...
>
> Agree, unless something changes I won't be going again.
>
>   Youtube have some awesome HD videos that look
>> fantastic on a big screen :-)
>
> Agree, did you see the one with the FA18 cockpit view facing toward the
> pilot?
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twxRqCSa6no

yep, but the F-22 video is the best so far. watched the South Koreans
Black Eagles vid whilst cooking lunch on the bbq... they were VERY good...

>> Did the kids enjoy it?
>>>

> Kids loved it, if anything it was a bit loud for them but overall their
> eyes were glued to the displays and they all want to be fighter pilots:-)

LOL.. thought so... :-)

Noddy had his own airshow at one stage Saturday at midday...

https://imgur.com/a/wtieKjc

Look out the shed window and see that? Woot!! :-)

Re: Avalon Air Show

<tu8nc2$kk48$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23541&group=aus.cars#23541

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 12:11:29 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 01:11 UTC

On 8/03/2023 11:53 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 7/03/2023 2:34 pm, Daryl wrote:

>> Kids loved it, if anything it was a bit loud for them but overall
>> their eyes were glued to the displays and they all want to be fighter
>> pilots:-)
>
> LOL.. thought so... :-)
>
> Noddy had his own airshow at one stage Saturday at midday...
>
> https://imgur.com/a/wtieKjc
>
> Look out the shed window and see that? Woot!! :-)

Yeah, would have been awesome.

I actually missed it as I was in Ballan until around 2pm for a swap meet
and general junk hunt around the town. I was planning on taking junior
to the airshow this year but he changed his mind as I was about to order
tickets and I didn't really feel like going on my own again so gave it a
miss. And after all the talk about the problems people were having with
traffic congestion and organisational fuck-ups I'm kinda glad I did.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6qiviFu1eqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23545&group=aus.cars#23545

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 15:58:26 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 04:58 UTC

On 8/3/2023 11:53 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 7/03/2023 2:34 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 6/3/2023 5:10 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> On 5/03/2023 9:53 pm, Daryl wrote:
>
>>> at Avalon East!" 3 fucking kilometres away...  But i would never
>>> drive again. plane or helo is the way to go, but after you saying
>>> about all the grandstands and chalets, I doubt i'd go at all....  a
>>> $500 day. spoilt by packed crowd and buildings.. nah...
>>
>> Agree, unless something changes I won't be going again.
>>
>>    Youtube have some awesome HD videos that look
>>> fantastic on a big screen :-)
>>
>> Agree, did you see the one with the FA18 cockpit view facing toward
>> the pilot?
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twxRqCSa6no
>
> yep, but the F-22 video is the best so far. watched the South Koreans
> Black Eagles vid whilst cooking lunch on the bbq... they were VERY good...
>
>>> Did the kids enjoy it?
>>>>

>> Kids loved it, if anything it was a bit loud for them but overall
>> their eyes were glued to the displays and they all want to be fighter
>> pilots:-)
>
> LOL.. thought so... :-)
>
> Noddy had his own airshow at one stage Saturday at midday...
>
> https://imgur.com/a/wtieKjc
>
> Look out the shed window and see that? Woot!! :-)

Looking at that map it was directly over the top of my house.

--
Daryl

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6qj13Fu1eqU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23546&group=aus.cars#23546

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 15:59:14 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 04:59 UTC

On 8/3/2023 12:11 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 8/03/2023 11:53 am, lindsay wrote:
>> On 7/03/2023 2:34 pm, Daryl wrote:
>
>>> Kids loved it, if anything it was a bit loud for them but overall
>>> their eyes were glued to the displays and they all want to be fighter
>>> pilots:-)
>>
>> LOL.. thought so... :-)
>>
>> Noddy had his own airshow at one stage Saturday at midday...
>>
>> https://imgur.com/a/wtieKjc
>>
>> Look out the shed window and see that? Woot!! :-)
>
> Yeah, would have been awesome.
>
> I actually missed it as I was in Ballan until around 2pm for a swap meet
> and general junk hunt around the town. I was planning on taking junior
> to the airshow this year but he changed his mind as I was about to order
> tickets and I didn't really feel like going on my own again so gave it a
> miss. And after all the talk about the problems people were having with
> traffic congestion and organisational fuck-ups I'm kinda glad I did.

Very good choice, getting there was a major PITA.

--
Daryl

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6qk6pFu51cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23549&group=aus.cars#23549

From: nothing....@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 15:19:21 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 05:19 UTC

On 8/03/2023 2:59 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/3/2023 12:11 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> LOL.. thought so... :-)
>>>
>>> Noddy had his own airshow at one stage Saturday at midday...
>>>
>>> https://imgur.com/a/wtieKjc
>>>
>>> Look out the shed window and see that? Woot!! :-)
>>
>> Yeah, would have been awesome.
>>
>> I actually missed it as I was in Ballan until around 2pm for a swap
>> meet and general junk hunt around the town. I was planning on taking
>> junior to the airshow this year but he changed his mind as I was about
>> to order tickets and I didn't really feel like going on my own again
>> so gave it a miss. And after all the talk about the problems people
>> were having with traffic congestion and organisational fuck-ups I'm
>> kinda glad I did.
>>

> Very good choice, getting there was a major PITA

Talking to somebody who was there on Sunday. He flew down from here and
stayed Saturday night in the city then took the train and bus to the
show. He reckoned that doing it that way was no big problem. Being a
cashed up boomer, he bought a gold ticket to the grandstand.

--
Clocky on programming 18 Feb 2022
"What, you copy and paste code into a sketch in Arduino, select the
libraries to include, modify it a bit and hit program"

Clocky on NASA 18 Mar 2022
"Oh, and btw... if you worked for NASA how is it thay you are seemingly
oblivious to Commodore Amigas used at NASA"

Re: Avalon Air Show

<FcVNL.64432$Kqu2.28361@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23550&group=aus.cars#23550

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 16:39:45 +1100
 by: lindsay - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 05:39 UTC

On 8/03/2023 12:11 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 8/03/2023 11:53 am, lindsay wrote:
>> On 7/03/2023 2:34 pm, Daryl wrote:
>
>>> Kids loved it, if anything it was a bit loud for them but overall
>>> their eyes were glued to the displays and they all want to be fighter
>>> pilots:-)
>>
>> LOL.. thought so... :-)
>>
>> Noddy had his own airshow at one stage Saturday at midday...
>>
>> https://imgur.com/a/wtieKjc
>>
>> Look out the shed window and see that? Woot!! :-)
>
> Yeah, would have been awesome.

only other bomber of note i've seen from the usaf was a B-1b lancer that
flew from Amberley. My mate who lived nearly next door to Amberley was
lucky enough to get to go inside it whilst on the tarmac up there; told
to leave his camera behind :-D )

> I actually missed it as I was in Ballan until around 2pm for a swap meet
> and general junk hunt around the town. I was planning on taking junior
> to the airshow this year but he changed his mind as I was about to order
> tickets and I didn't really feel like going on my own again so gave it a
> miss. And after all the talk about the problems people were having with
> traffic congestion and organisational fuck-ups I'm kinda glad I did.

Yep, seems to be the general consensus. I was humming and haring about
the airshow, my mates all dropped off, so instead, I was supposed to
meet a truck with 20 tonne of crushed rock up the block, but that fell
over. i've just had the roof on the house renewed by the original Roof
Seal company (roof roof!) now known as World Class Roofing who did an
awesome job, but now I'm fucking painting under orders from the CFO.!!
:-D Listened into Avalon control and displays on the scanner, and drank
beer waiting for paint to dry. :-D

Re: Avalon Air Show

<k6r19gF1j8qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23553&group=aus.cars#23553

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 20:02:40 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 09:02 UTC

On 8/3/2023 4:19 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 8/03/2023 2:59 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> Yeah, would have been awesome.
>>>
>>> I actually missed it as I was in Ballan until around 2pm for a swap
>>> meet and general junk hunt around the town. I was planning on taking
>>> junior to the airshow this year but he changed his mind as I was
>>> about to order tickets and I didn't really feel like going on my own
>>> again so gave it a miss. And after all the talk about the problems
>>> people were having with traffic congestion and organisational
>>> fuck-ups I'm kinda glad I did.
>>>

>> Very good choice, getting there was a major PITA
>
> Talking to somebody who was there on Sunday. He flew down from here and
> stayed Saturday night in the city then took the train and bus to the
> show. He reckoned that doing it that way was no big problem. Being a
> cashed up boomer, he bought a gold ticket to the grandstand.

They must have changed the way the buses went because on Saturday there
was at least 20 buses stuck in the same traffic jam.
I never looked at the ticket prices, my ticket was a Christmas gift,
grandstand view would have been good but don't know how much it cost.

--
Daryl

Re: Avalon Air Show

<tu9pd9$sjr4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23557&group=aus.cars#23557

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 21:52:24 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 10:52 UTC

On 8/03/2023 3:59 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/3/2023 12:11 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> I actually missed it as I was in Ballan until around 2pm for a swap
>> meet and general junk hunt around the town. I was planning on taking
>> junior to the airshow this year but he changed his mind as I was about
>> to order tickets and I didn't really feel like going on my own again
>> so gave it a miss. And after all the talk about the problems people
>> were having with traffic congestion and organisational fuck-ups I'm
>> kinda glad I did.
>>

> Very good choice, getting there was a major PITA.

Sounds like it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Avalon Air Show

<tu9pin$sjr4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23558&group=aus.cars#23558

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 21:55:19 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 10:55 UTC

On 8/03/2023 8:02 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/3/2023 4:19 pm, Keithr0 wrote:

>> Talking to somebody who was there on Sunday. He flew down from here
>> and stayed Saturday night in the city then took the train and bus to
>> the show. He reckoned that doing it that way was no big problem. Being
>> a cashed up boomer, he bought a gold ticket to the grandstand.
>>

> They must have changed the way the buses went because on Saturday there
> was at least 20 buses stuck in the same traffic jam.
> I never looked at the ticket prices, my ticket was a Christmas gift,
> grandstand view would have been good but don't know how much it cost.

Sounds like the organisers turned it into a major mess which is
disappointing. I'd been to a couple before and quite enjoyed them, and
had no trouble getting into anywhere and seeing whatever I wanted with a
"general admission" ticket. However from what I've read here and
elsewhere this year's event was a complete mess that few people were
happy with.

Not sure if I'll go again.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Avalon Air Show

<tu9ppm$sjr4$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23559&group=aus.cars#23559

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 21:59:01 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 10:59 UTC

On 8/03/2023 4:39 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 8/03/2023 12:11 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> I actually missed it as I was in Ballan until around 2pm for a swap
>> meet and general junk hunt around the town. I was planning on taking
>> junior to the airshow this year but he changed his mind as I was about
>> to order tickets and I didn't really feel like going on my own again
>> so gave it a miss. And after all the talk about the problems people
>> were having with traffic congestion and organisational fuck-ups I'm
>> kinda glad I did.
>
> Yep, seems to be the general consensus. I was humming and haring about
> the airshow, my mates all dropped off, so instead, I was supposed to
> meet a truck with 20 tonne of crushed rock up the block, but that fell
> over. i've just had the roof on the house renewed by the original Roof
> Seal company (roof roof!) now known as World Class Roofing who did an
> awesome job, but now I'm fucking painting under orders from the CFO.!!
> :-D Listened into Avalon control and displays on the scanner, and drank
> beer waiting for paint to dry. :-D

Lol :)

Fuck house renovations. I've just finished our kitchen after long delays
and fuck-ups from cabinet makes and stonemasons, and I'm completely
fucking over working in the house. I didn't want to do *any* of it as
the house is only 12 years old and in my opinion didn't need it, but
when the wife gets a weed up her arse about something there's no getting
around it.

Two bathrooms and all the floors to be done next, and I just can't get
interested in any of it :)

Regards,
Noddy.