<dpg> americans are wierd.... <xtifr> californians even weirder <Knghtbrd> xtifr has a point ...

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses captured on CCTV

SubjectAuthor
* Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses capturedswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
+- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrifiedSpike
+* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Vicious beating of fairy-cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
| `- Re: Vicious beating of fairy-cyclist in front of horrified witnessesMike Collins
+* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrifiedSpike
|`- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
+* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
+* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrifiedSpike
||`* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
|| `- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrifiedSpike
|`- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
+- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesMike Collins
+* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrifiedSpike
+* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
`* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
 +* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
 |`* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrifiedSpike
 | `* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
 |  `* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrifiedSpike
 |   `- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
 +* Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com
 |`- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesJNugent
 `- Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnessesswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses captured on CCTV

<k5p48oFodl9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23628&group=uk.rec.cycling#23628

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified
witnesses captured on CCTV
Date: 23 Feb 2023 12:24:56 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:24 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 23/02/2023 11:29 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> This is the "previous"
>> QUOTE:
>
>> THREE young Wirral men involved in a terrifying raid were all put behind bars today.
>> Liverpool Crown Court heard that the incident happened at a flat in
>> Pembroke Court, Birkenhead on the morning of April 21 this year.
>> The woman who lives there had nipped out leaving three friends, a woman
>> and two men, in the premises.
>> Sam Searson, Kory Hodgskin and a 16-year-old youth then knocked asking for cigarettes.
>> They left empty-handed but returned about 15 minutes later and one of
>> the occupants let them in.
>> While the woman was sitting on the sofa feeding a baby and the two men
>> were in the kitchen, the three youths produced knives, said Robert Jansen, prosecuting.
>> One of them was also holding a hammer and one of the trio said 'we're
>> taking the money' and one took a tin from the kitchen sideboard
>> containing £200 belonging to the owner.
>> One also picked up an Ipod but after one said: 'not in front of the
>> baby' the incident ended and they all ran off.
>> "The incident was over quickly but all three witnesses were terrified," said Mr Jansen.
>> Police examined CCTV footage and the three youths were all identified
>> and subsequently arrested.
>> Searson and Hodgskin, both 19, of Rosedale Road, Tranmere, and the
>> juvenile, who is now 17, all pleaded guilty to aggravated burglary.
>> Searson, who also admitted burglary in Rocklands Avenue, Bebington,
>> aggravated vehicle taking and burglary in Ben Nevis Road, Tranmere, was
>> sentenced to a total of 42 months detention.
>> Hodgskin received 30 months and the juvenile, who cannot be named for
>> legal reasons, was sentenced to a 12 month detention and training order.
>> Mr Jansen told the court that the burglary in Rocklands Avenue was
>> discovered in the early hours of April 5 when the householder found his
>> front door keys were missing from the lock and his BMW was missing from the drive.
>> The following morning a woman living in Ben Nevis Road found her home
>> had been burgled and a laptop, jewellery and two purses, were missing.
>> A policeman later saw and followed the stolen BMW and when he activated
>> his warning lights the two occupants jumped out, leaving the car to
>> collide with a brick wall, damaging the house and wall.
>> The stolen laptop was found inside and Searson was arrested nearby.
>> The court heard that all three defendants had pleaded guilty and were remorseful.

> Were they ALL on fairy-cycles?
I think it’s more a case of a vicious cycle.

--
Spike

Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses captured on CCTV

<k5p4qiFofqlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23630&group=uk.rec.cycling#23630

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses
captured on CCTV
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:34:27 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:34 UTC

On 23/02/2023 12:24 pm, Spike wrote:
> JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 23/02/2023 11:29 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> This is the "previous"
>>> QUOTE:
>>
>>> THREE young Wirral men involved in a terrifying raid were all put behind bars today.
>>> Liverpool Crown Court heard that the incident happened at a flat in
>>> Pembroke Court, Birkenhead on the morning of April 21 this year.
>>> The woman who lives there had nipped out leaving three friends, a woman
>>> and two men, in the premises.
>>> Sam Searson, Kory Hodgskin and a 16-year-old youth then knocked asking for cigarettes.
>>> They left empty-handed but returned about 15 minutes later and one of
>>> the occupants let them in.
>>> While the woman was sitting on the sofa feeding a baby and the two men
>>> were in the kitchen, the three youths produced knives, said Robert Jansen, prosecuting.
>>> One of them was also holding a hammer and one of the trio said 'we're
>>> taking the money' and one took a tin from the kitchen sideboard
>>> containing £200 belonging to the owner.
>>> One also picked up an Ipod but after one said: 'not in front of the
>>> baby' the incident ended and they all ran off.
>>> "The incident was over quickly but all three witnesses were terrified," said Mr Jansen.
>>> Police examined CCTV footage and the three youths were all identified
>>> and subsequently arrested.
>>> Searson and Hodgskin, both 19, of Rosedale Road, Tranmere, and the
>>> juvenile, who is now 17, all pleaded guilty to aggravated burglary.
>>> Searson, who also admitted burglary in Rocklands Avenue, Bebington,
>>> aggravated vehicle taking and burglary in Ben Nevis Road, Tranmere, was
>>> sentenced to a total of 42 months detention.
>>> Hodgskin received 30 months and the juvenile, who cannot be named for
>>> legal reasons, was sentenced to a 12 month detention and training order.
>>> Mr Jansen told the court that the burglary in Rocklands Avenue was
>>> discovered in the early hours of April 5 when the householder found his
>>> front door keys were missing from the lock and his BMW was missing from the drive.
>>> The following morning a woman living in Ben Nevis Road found her home
>>> had been burgled and a laptop, jewellery and two purses, were missing.
>>> A policeman later saw and followed the stolen BMW and when he activated
>>> his warning lights the two occupants jumped out, leaving the car to
>>> collide with a brick wall, damaging the house and wall.
>>> The stolen laptop was found inside and Searson was arrested nearby.
>>> The court heard that all three defendants had pleaded guilty and were remorseful.
>
>> Were they ALL on fairy-cycles?
>
> I think it’s more a case of a vicious cycle.

Very good! :-)

Perhaps there's a slot for that phrase in newsgroup discourse as an
alternative to "fairy-cycle"?

In fact, in some circumstances, it might well be better and more decriptive.

Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses captured on CCTV

<k5p5adFoiiaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23631&group=uk.rec.cycling#23631

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
witnesses captured on CCTV
Date: 23 Feb 2023 12:42:53 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:42 UTC

😉

--
Spike

Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses captured on CCTV

<k5p5tuFol6aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23632&group=uk.rec.cycling#23632

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
captured on CCTV
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:53:18 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:53 UTC

On 23/02/2023 12:42 pm, Spike wrote:
> JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:

>>> I think it’s more a case of a vicious cycle.
>>
>> Very good! :-)
>>
>> Perhaps there's a slot for that phrase in newsgroup discourse as an
>> alternative to "fairy-cycle"?
>>
>> In fact, in some circumstances, it might well be better and more decriptive.

"more descriptive", of course!>
> 😉

Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses captured on CCTV

<91c95a1f-be13-47b5-936c-0af54b3836e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23633&group=uk.rec.cycling#23633

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 04:55:28 -0800 (PST)
captured on CCTV
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:55 UTC

QUOTE: The stolen laptop was found inside and Searson was arrested nearby. ENDS

He was later beaten up for "robbin are ken", apparently.
Join the dots.

Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses captured on CCTV

<k5p695FomkaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23635&group=uk.rec.cycling#23635

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
captured on CCTV
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:59:17 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:59 UTC

> QUOTE: The stolen laptop was found inside and Searson was arrested nearby. ENDS
>
> He was later beaten up for "robbin are ken", apparently.
> Join the dots.

Sounds Yorkie-ish.

Or Scottish.

Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses captured on CCTV

<9b541cdb-e54e-4600-a41a-6d2d3d59226cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23638&group=uk.rec.cycling#23638

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 05:03:10 -0800 (PST)
captured on CCTV
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 13:03 UTC

QUOTE: THREE young Wirral men involved in a terrifying raid were all put behind bars today. ENDS

In and out of Strangeways like a thieving Scouse chav.

Twas ever thus.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Vicious beating of cyclist in front of horrified witnesses captured on CCTV