Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense. -- e.e. cummings

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run

SubjectAuthor
* Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured inJNugent
+* Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured inSpike
`- Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-runswldx...@gmail.com

1
Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run

<3ebf6169-affe-421f-849f-86c01bbfb35cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23648&group=uk.rec.cycling#23648

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 08:32:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 16:32 UTC

A TEENAGER has been left with serious injuries after a hit-and-run.

The crash took place on Monday, February 20, at around 10.10pm when a blue Vauxhall Corsa collided with a cyclist at the junction of Lefroy Avenue and Norn Hill.

The cyclist, a 17-year-old from Basingstoke, suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital, but has since been discharged.

The Corsa did not stop at the scene and was located by officers in a nearby road.

A 44-year-old woman from Basingstoke has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving after colliding with the cyclist.
The woman has been released on police bail until May 22.

Following the incident, police are now appealing for witnesses and information.

A police spokesperson said: "Following initial investigations, we are now calling for anyone with information or relevant dash-cam or CCTV footage to contact us.

"Please call 101 or report online using reference number 44230071424."

Police are also appealing for a Deliveroo driver seen in the area to come forward as they may have witnessed the incident.

https://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/23342133.basingstoke-crash-teenage-cyclist-seriously-injured-hit-and-run/

Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run

<k5pm56Fr1jtU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23650&group=uk.rec.cycling#23650

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in
hit-and-run
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 17:30:12 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 17:30 UTC

> A TEENAGER has been left with serious injuries after a hit-and-run.
> The crash took place on Monday, February 20, at around 10.10pm when a blue Vauxhall Corsa collided with a cyclist at the junction of Lefroy Avenue and Norn Hill.
>
> The cyclist, a 17-year-old from Basingstoke, suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital, but has since been discharged.

"discharged" already, with "serious injuries"?

> The Corsa did not stop at the scene and was located by officers in a nearby road.
> A 44-year-old woman from Basingstoke has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving after colliding with the cyclist.
> The woman has been released on police bail until May 22.
> Following the incident, police are now appealing for witnesses and information.
> A police spokesperson said: "Following initial investigations, we are now calling for anyone with information or relevant dash-cam or CCTV footage to contact us.
> "Please call 101 or report online using reference number 44230071424."
> Police are also appealing for a Deliveroo driver seen in the area to come forward as they may have witnessed the incident.

> https://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/23342133.basingstoke-crash-teenage-cyclist-seriously-injured-hit-and-run/

Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run

<4369fa1f-41b6-4a93-b4a1-c9d03936966bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23652&group=uk.rec.cycling#23652

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 10:10:51 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 18:10 UTC

QUOTE:

> The Corsa did not stop at the scene and was located by officers in a nearby road.
>
> A 44-year-old woman from Basingstoke has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving after colliding with the cyclist. ENDS

What about leaving the scene of an "accident"?

QUOTE:You could go to prison for up to 6 months for failing to stop or report an accident. A prison sentence is reserved for the most serious cases usually involving causing a serious injury or damage.ENDS

There you go - slam dunk.

Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run

<k5ptrlFs8lnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23655&group=uk.rec.cycling#23655

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
hit-and-run
Date: 23 Feb 2023 19:41:41 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 19:41 UTC

> QUOTE:
>>
>> The Corsa did not stop at the scene and was located by officers in a nearby road.
>>
>> A 44-year-old woman from Basingstoke has been arrested on suspicion of
>> causing serious injury by dangerous driving after colliding with the cyclist. ENDS
>
> What about leaving the scene of an "accident"?
>
> QUOTE:You could go to prison for up to 6 months for failing to stop or
> report an accident. A prison sentence is reserved for the most serious
> cases usually involving causing a serious injury or damage.ENDS
>
> There you go - slam dunk.

erm….

“The Corsa did not stop at the scene and was located by officers in a
nearby road”

So, the driver *did* stop. Pulling up, shocked, shaken, perhaps in need of
medication, in a safe place…a field day for your Mr Arsehole.

--
Spike

Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run

<fc252a17-ffbc-4c83-b377-b0dff64a339en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23656&group=uk.rec.cycling#23656

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 13:00:55 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 21:00 UTC

A30 highway 6 hrs ago
User ID: 3862175
Bloody drivers, i hope the person responsible for this will lose their licence forever. I feel the guy since i was in a bike vs car accident too couple months back, except i could walk it off. Also sorry for saying bloody drivers, most of drivers are decent but since i can relate to this it just boils me blood, you people riding in a metal box have to be extremely careful around people without said box. I wish the teen quick recovery and money for damage to property and body. Ow and i hope for a prison sentence to the driver, minumum 5 years.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Basingstoke crash: Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run