You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of trash.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementSpike
|+- Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementJNugent
|`- Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementMike Collins
+* Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Fairy-Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementJNugent
+* Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementSpike
||`* Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementJNugent
|| `* Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementSpike
||  `* Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementJNugent
||   `- Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementSpike
|`* Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementJNugent
`- Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavementswldx...@gmail.com

1
Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<077f684c-ce75-4f22-ac24-bbd063a24a82n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23710&group=uk.rec.cycling#23710

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 06:32:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 14:32 UTC

A cyclist has shared a video in which he nearly collides with a car driving around a pedestrianised area of Liverpool city centre.

The video, taken from a camera on his bike, shows the cyclist heading towards an area of pavement close to the Liverpool ONE bus station. As he cycles towards the area, a car pulls onto the pavement area and pulls directly in front of the cyclist, forcing him to brake suddenly.

The video shows that the car in question far from the only vehicle to have made its way onto the pedestrianised area, which leads from Liverpool One to Hanover Street. The short clip shows at least five other cars are either parked up or driving on the paved area. A number of the vehicles appear to be private hire taxis.

The video was taken and posted by the Liverpool Wanderer twitter account, which regularly shares pictures and videos from his travels around Liverpool, often focusing on the challenges faced by cyclists.

Posting the video, he said: "Professional' drivers of Liverpool around John Lewis." He also shared a second video taken later that day which shows the same pedestrianised area crawling with cars once again.

It's not the first time the area has been highlighted for problem parking. In 2021 the ECHO shared images of at least eight vehicles parked on the paved area near Canning Place. The image was shared by the Bad Parking twitter account which regularly highlights poor and illegal parking around the city.

That same account provided its own thoughts on the Liverpool Wanderer's latest video, stating: "This area should be un-pedestriaised for the sake of everyone."

Responding, the Liverpool Wanderer said: "Yep, it's already a de-facto car park. The only solution I can offer is to make the whole area no stopping with camera enforcement, particularly on the bus lane section."

Pavement parking continues to be a big problem in Liverpool and local authorities are regularly urged to take stronger action against those who make life difficult for pedestrians, people in wheelchairs and parents with prams..

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/cyclist-nearly-collides-car-de-26323673

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<6e1230fc-7781-4e3c-82c5-da43dc8efdf2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23716&group=uk.rec.cycling#23716

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 08:58:46 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 16:58 UTC

Where are the Police these days as they seem to have abandoned all attempts at enforcing the traffic regulations.

Day after day cars can be seen parked on pavements, parked on the wrong side of the road, causing obstruction, engines running whilst parked often for 15/20 minutes regardless of the exhaust fumes and pollution.

Despite this happening in the same locations day after day do the Police take any action or are thy all busy working from home on paper work?

Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<k5ut66FlfnaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23717&group=uk.rec.cycling#23717

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 17:00:55 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 17:00 UTC

> A fairy-cyclist has shared a video in which he nearly collides with a car driving around a pedestrianised area of Liverpool city centre.

The fairy-cyclist was breaking the law by fairy-cycling on his
fairy-cycle in a pedestrianised area and he has the effrontery to
complain about someone else doing the same thing?

Can he spell "brass neck"?

> The video, taken from a camera on his bike, shows the fairy-cyclist heading towards an area of pavement close to the Liverpool ONE bus station. As he fairy-cycles towards the area, a car pulls onto the pavement area and pulls directly in front of the fairy-cyclist, forcing him to brake suddenly.

An enforcement maneouvre by an unmarked police car?

> The video shows that the car in question far from the only vehicle to have made its way onto the pedestrianised area, which leads from Liverpool One to Hanover Street. The short clip shows at least five other cars are either parked up or driving on the paved area. A number of the vehicles appear to be private hire taxis.

There is no such thing as a "private hire taxi" [sic]. If a vehicle
isn't a licenced taxi, it isn't a taxi at all. There is nothing in
between a taxi and a vehicle that simply isn't a taxi.

> The video was taken and posted by the Liverpool Wanderer twitter account, which regularly shares pictures and videos from his travels around Liverpool, often focusing on the challenges faced by fairy-cyclists.
> Posting the video, he said: "Professional' drivers of Liverpool around John Lewis." He also shared a second video taken later that day which shows the same pedestrianised area crawling with cars once again.

The city council need to do something about vehicles whose drivers are
posing as taxi-drivers and plying for hire. They are reducing the amount
of work available to tax-drivers (the real thing). That would be bad
enough on its own. These other problems merely make that one more pressing.

> It's not the first time the area has been highlighted for problem parking. In 2021 the ECHO shared images of at least eight vehicles parked on the paved area near Canning Place. The image was shared by the Bad Parking twitter account which regularly highlights poor and illegal parking around the city.

City council... their bailiwick.

The fairy-cyclist could do something useful: take some photographs
(front and rear of the PHVs, plus the driver's face) and present them to
the city council's licencing officer(s).

> That same account provided its own thoughts on the Liverpool Wanderer's latest video, stating: "This area should be un-pedestriaised for the sake of everyone."
> Responding, the Liverpool Wanderer said: "Yep, it's already a de-facto car park. The only solution I can offer is to make the whole area no stopping with camera enforcement, particularly on the bus lane section."
> Pavement parking continues to be a big problem in Liverpool and local authorities are regularly urged to take stronger action against those who make life difficult for pedestrians, people in wheelchairs and parents with prams.

> https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/cyclist-nearly-collides-car-de-26323673

Liverpool is already a difficult city centre for parking (which may
account for a certain amount of the complained-of behaviour).

It never used to be. I can easily remember when it was usually possible
to find a free space within relatively easy walking distance of where
you needed to go. Many such spots were in the network of former side
streetsin the Manesty's Lane area, levelled by bombing during WW2, but
now obliterated by "Liverpool One".

But now - mas I understand it - parking charges start at multiple of a
pound for a half hour. There was a time when one needed to be there for
shopping (and I had need to be there for study). But no longer, with the
growth of EOT development.

What the council needs to remember is that the customer is always right.

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<87027605-6f09-474e-ad45-e8e52081c3f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23718&group=uk.rec.cycling#23718

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 10:08:21 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 18:08 UTC

On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 4:58:47 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Where are the Police these days as they seem to have abandoned all attempts at enforcing the traffic regulations.
>
> Day after day cars can be seen parked on pavements, parked on the wrong side of the road, causing obstruction, engines running whilst parked often for 15/20 minutes regardless of the exhaust fumes and pollution.
>
> Despite this happening in the same locations day after day do the Police take any action or are thy all busy working from home on paper work?

If only you scousers weren't such prolific criminals, the "bizzies" might be more productive in tackling crime. Oh and you could get rid of this:

QUOTE: A vow of silence – a scouse version of the Sicilian mafia's omerta – means that no one is prepared to "grass up" the gunman. ENDS

JUST A THOUGHT, WACK.

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<k5v442FmhhjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23719&group=uk.rec.cycling#23719

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 25 Feb 2023 18:59:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 18:59 UTC

> On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 4:58:47 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Where are the Police these days as they seem to have abandoned all
>> attempts at enforcing the traffic regulations.
>>
>> Day after day cars can be seen parked on pavements, parked on the wrong
>> side of the road, causing obstruction, engines running whilst parked
>> often for 15/20 minutes regardless of the exhaust fumes and pollution.
>>
>> Despite this happening in the same locations day after day do the Police
>> take any action or are thy all busy working from home on paper work?
>
> If only you scousers weren't such prolific criminals, the "bizzies" might
> be more productive in tackling crime. Oh and you could get rid of this:
>
> QUOTE: A vow of silence – a scouse version of the Sicilian mafia's omerta
> – means that no one is prepared to "grass up" the gunman. ENDS
>
> JUST A THOUGHT, WACK.

QUOTE If only you scousers weren't such prolific criminals, the "buzzes"
might be more productive in tackling crime ENDQUOTE

Translation: If the police weren’t so busy dealing with crime, they’d have
more time to deal with crime.

Only Mason could come up with that…

…JUST A THOUGHT, WACK

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<32d1e789-3354-495e-96a4-2966111b8fdan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23720&group=uk.rec.cycling#23720

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 13:26:02 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 21:26 UTC

QUOTE: The video shows that the car in question far from the only vehicle to have made its way onto the pedestrianised area, which leads from Liverpool One to Hanover Street. The short clip shows at least five other cars are either parked up or driving on the paved area. ENDS

Five cars driving in pedestrianised areas?
No cyclists in the report?

Crush their cars for being a risk to pedestrians.

Re: Fairy-Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<k5vi1eFoiraU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23721&group=uk.rec.cycling#23721

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:56:47 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:56 UTC

> QUOTE: The video shows that the car in question far from the only vehicle to have made its way onto the pedestrianised area, which leads from Liverpool One to Hanover Street. The short clip shows at least five other cars are either parked up or driving on the paved area. ENDS
>
> Five cars driving in pedestrianised areas?

> No fairy-cyclists in the report?
>
> Crush their cars for being a risk to pedestrians.

See:

<https://lbndaily.co.uk/cars-banned-from-liverpool-city-centre-street/>

QUOTE (dated 1st September 2022):
Private cars will be banned from Ranelagh Street and Hanover Street in
Liverpool between 7am and midnight from Monday, September 5, as a
‘bus-gate’ is reintroduced.

For the next 18 months an Experimental Traffic Order will be put in
place. This means all traffic except buses, taxis, private hire vehicles
and bicycles will be prohibited from entering Ranelagh Street from the
junction at Great Charlotte Street.
ENDQUOTE

Now, I agree with you that so-called "private-hire vehicles" and
fairy-cyclists should not be allowed to use that street between the
quoted times. But, regrettably, it seems that they are, which is a great
shame.

On the other hand, I am sure that you agree that access for taxis and
buses is absolutely vital.

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<7078cfcd-a823-48e5-b715-ab62cd0b2f49n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23722&group=uk.rec.cycling#23722

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:31:08 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 06:31 UTC

QUOTE:> Pavement parking continues to be a big problem in Liverpool and local authorities are regularly urged to take stronger action against those who make life difficult for pedestrians, people in wheelchairs and parents with prams. ENDS

They only care about themselves - they don't give a toss about the elderly, babies and the disabled.
Typical selfish drivers.

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<k60il8Ft90fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23723&group=uk.rec.cycling#23723

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 26 Feb 2023 08:13:28 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 08:13 UTC

> QUOTE:> Pavement parking continues to be a big problem in Liverpool and
> local authorities are regularly urged to take stronger action against
> those who make life difficult for pedestrians, people in wheelchairs and
> parents with prams. ENDS

> They only care about themselves - they don't give a toss about the
> elderly, babies and the disabled.

> Typical selfish drivers.

….even though they may carry the elderly, babies, and the disabled.

PS: you forgot to mention private ambulances collecting corpses.

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<36e4dcdb-0b04-4efc-82b6-3bc26caf5bban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23725&group=uk.rec.cycling#23725

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 03:35:42 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 11:35 UTC

On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 6:31:10 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE:> Pavement parking continues to be a big problem in Liverpool and local authorities are regularly urged to take stronger action against those who make life difficult for pedestrians, people in wheelchairs and parents with prams. ENDS
>
> They only care about themselves - they don't give a toss about the elderly, babies and the disabled.
> Typical selfish drivers.

This is taking the piss.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fp49EbcXsAID_Wp?format=jpg&name=small

Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<k611dbFvbeU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23727&group=uk.rec.cycling#23727

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 12:25:16 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 12:25 UTC

On 26/02/2023 08:13 am, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> QUOTE:> Pavement parking continues to be a big problem in Liverpool and
>> local authorities are regularly urged to take stronger action against
>> those who make life difficult for pedestrians, people in wheelchairs and
>> parents with prams. ENDS
>
>> They only care about themselves - they don't give a toss about the
>> elderly, babies and the disabled.
>
>> Typical selfish drivers.
>
> ….even though they may carry the elderly, babies, and the disabled.
>
> PS: you forgot to mention private ambulances collecting corpses.

I think he wants to suggest wheelbarrows for that, but has just enough
understanding of of the obvious reaction to it that he doesn't dare to.

Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<k6126aF13k1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23728&group=uk.rec.cycling#23728

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 26 Feb 2023 12:38:34 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 12:38 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 26/02/2023 08:13 am, Spike wrote:
>
>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> QUOTE:> Pavement parking continues to be a big problem in Liverpool and
>>> local authorities are regularly urged to take stronger action against
>>> those who make life difficult for pedestrians, people in wheelchairs and
>>> parents with prams. ENDS
>>
>>> They only care about themselves - they don't give a toss about the
>>> elderly, babies and the disabled.
>>
>>> Typical selfish drivers.
>>
>> ….even though they may carry the elderly, babies, and the disabled.
>>
>> PS: you forgot to mention private ambulances collecting corpses.
>
> I think he wants to suggest wheelbarrows for that, but has just enough
> understanding of of the obvious reaction to it that he doesn't dare to.

Surely a cargo bike would do, with the corpse lashed to the luggage rack?

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<8f47ed83-bd62-4b21-9088-0fe5cabcee79n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23729&group=uk.rec.cycling#23729

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 05:51:54 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 13:51 UTC

Needs putting through a Scouse to English translator.

QUOTE: The amount of near missus I’ve had by people not concentrating where there walking, because there heads are buried in there phones, I avoid these types of people when I walk past them because there like oncoming traffic, even the pram gang. ENDS

Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<k618klF22tiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23732&group=uk.rec.cycling#23732

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:28:38 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:28 UTC

On 26/02/2023 12:38 pm, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:

>>> ….even though they may carry the elderly, babies, and the disabled.
>
>>> PS: you forgot to mention private ambulances collecting corpses.
>
>> I think he wants to suggest wheelbarrows for that, but has just enough
>> understanding of of the obvious reaction to it that he doesn't dare to.
>
> Surely a cargo bike would do, with the corpse lashed to the luggage rack?

Yes... he could call them "Mason confairyances".

Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<6116723f-5870-464b-8ae5-007171acb87dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23734&group=uk.rec.cycling#23734

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 06:42:41 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:42 UTC

On Saturday, 25 February 2023 at 17:00:57 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 25/02/2023 02:32 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > A cyclist has shared a video in which he nearly collides with a car driving around a pedestrianised area of Liverpool city centre.
>
> The cyclist was breaking the law by cycling on his
> cycle in a pedestrianised area

Are you sure about that?
Remember 1835 Highways act only prohibits cycling on a footpath or causeway beside the road whereas S34 RTA 1988 prohibits driving elsewhere than on a road.

Re: Fairy-cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<k61d76F2pe6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23736&group=uk.rec.cycling#23736

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 26 Feb 2023 15:46:46 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 15:46 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 26/02/2023 12:38 pm, Spike wrote:
>
>> JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:

>>> I think he wants to suggest wheelbarrows for that, but has just enough
>>> understanding of of the obvious reaction to it that he doesn't dare to.
>>
>> Surely a cargo bike would do, with the corpse lashed to the luggage rack?
>
> Yes... he could call them "Mason confairyances".

LOL

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<63e6063e-758d-428f-92d1-5dfb4f6ba7fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23739&group=uk.rec.cycling#23739

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 08:33:03 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:33 UTC

QUOTE: Cars are allowed to drive up that way. It leads to John Lewis click & collect point. But the bollard was up and all the spaces taken. So all the drivers parked on the pavement which they shouldn’t do. The driver shouldn’t have turned in front of the cyclists. ENDS

What are Scousers doing at places like John Lewis? Must be a "click and nick" service and away on your toes. :-)

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<k6k6kqFubedU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24106&group=uk.rec.cycling#24106

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:51:35 -0600
 by: JNugent - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:51 UTC

On 26/02/2023 05:35, swldx...@gmail.com

....talking only to himself (allegedly), said:

> On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 6:31:10 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE:> Pavement parking continues to be a big problem in Liverpool and local authorities are regularly urged to take stronger action against those who make life difficult for pedestrians, people in wheelchairs and parents with prams. ENDS
>>
>> They only care about themselves - they don't give a toss about the elderly, babies and the disabled.
>> Typical selfish drivers.
>
> This is taking the piss.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fp49EbcXsAID_Wp?format=jpg&name=small

That's not Liverpool.

It looks as though it could be 'Ull.

Do all the cars have working windscreen wipers?

Re: Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement

<ad198714-6e08-4e89-a152-ebf9675ffcaan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24111&group=uk.rec.cycling#24111

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:03:00 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 20:03 UTC

8 days ago

I was nearly run over in a cycle lane, then the driver beeped at me, like it's my fault.

VERY COMMON MISTAKE BY DRIVERS - CAN'T READ SIGNS PROPERLY.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Cyclist nearly hit by car being driven on the pavement