From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: AI and what it might be able to do?
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 10:42:30 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 09:42 UTC

I note with interest the last ever Beatles single is coming out for
Christmas. This has I understand been made using AI to separate John Lennons
voice from his demo, in a much better way than in the past of the posthumous
singles. Now George, before he died did put down a guitar track for this
song way back, so I'd expect them to shoe horn this in as well. I just
wonder what they will do about McCartney's voice, who is sounding rather
like a deaf version of Rod Stewart these days, Maybe they can us AI on that
as well.
You can see why many actors, writers and singers are getting worried about
these bits of software. After all they could record you and then make
endless variations with you in it and never pay you.

Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Re: AI and what it might be able to do?

<kj7rd5Fcnc7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23648&group=uk.rec.sheds#23648

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: AI and what it might be able to do?
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 21:57:07 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 20:57 UTC

On 05/08/2023 10:42, Brian Gaff wrote:
> You can see why many actors, writers and singers are getting worried about
> these bits of software. After all they could record you and then make
> endless variations with you in it and never pay you.

They've been doing this to Jimi Hendrix for years, using plain ordinary
tapes, and he hasn't shown any sign of being worried by it.

Re: AI and what it might be able to do?

<uao2ph$28lcc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23670&group=uk.rec.sheds#23670

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 13:13:36 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 6 Aug 2023 12:13 UTC

You would imagine his estate has been getting royalties. However that is the
problem, you can identify bits of other peoples stuff, but in this case they
can create whole new work just taking bits of data from pre recorded stuff.

A synthetic voice company created voices that sounded convincing that could
say anything. One was O'barma and the other GWya Bush. The voice parts
were taken from state of the union speeches, so you could fake them saying
things they would never say. Add that to video they can now do the same
with, then we all know what will happen.
Brian

--

--:
"Mike Fleming" <mike@tauzero.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 05/08/2023 10:42, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> You can see why many actors, writers and singers are getting worried
>> about
>> these bits of software. After all they could record you and then make
>> endless variations with you in it and never pay you.
>
> They've been doing this to Jimi Hendrix for years, using plain ordinary
> tapes, and he hasn't shown any sign of being worried by it.

Re: AI and what it might be able to do?

<NlgcBEBoZtzkFAwx@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23683&group=uk.rec.sheds#23683

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 00:08:24 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 23:08 UTC

In article <kj7rd5Fcnc7U2@mid.individual.net>, Mike Fleming
<mike@tauzero.co.uk> on Sat, 5 Aug 2023 at 21:57:07 awoke Nicholas from
his slumbers and wrote
>On 05/08/2023 10:42, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> You can see why many actors, writers and singers are getting worried about
>> these bits of software. After all they could record you and then make
>> endless variations with you in it and never pay you.
>
>They've been doing this to Jimi Hendrix for years, using plain ordinary
>tapes, and he hasn't shown any sign of being worried by it.

I suppose that depends upon whether there is an afterlife or not.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: AI and what it might be able to do?

<uats9l$3fjle$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23748&group=uk.rec.sheds#23748

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 17:59:33 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 16:59 UTC

On 06/08/2023 00:08, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <kj7rd5Fcnc7U2@mid.individual.net>, Mike Fleming
> <mike@tauzero.co.uk> on Sat, 5 Aug 2023 at 21:57:07 awoke Nicholas from
> his slumbers and wrote
>> On 05/08/2023 10:42, Brian Gaff wrote:
>>> You can see why many actors, writers and singers are getting worried about
>>> these bits of software. After all they could record you and then make
>>> endless variations with you in it and never pay you.
>>
>> They've been doing this to Jimi Hendrix for years, using plain ordinary
>> tapes, and he hasn't shown any sign of being worried by it.
>>
> I suppose that depends upon whether there is an afterlife or not.

Jimmi is immortal, shirley?

Tone