He's dead, Jim.

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: BBC Red Button UHD

SubjectAuthor
* BBC Red Button UHDKoopa
+- Re: BBC Red Button UHDMB
+* Re: BBC Red Button UHDalan_m
|`* Re: BBC Red Button UHDBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
| `- Re: BBC Red Button UHDMike
`* Re: BBC Red Button UHDDave W
 `* Re: BBC Red Button UHDTim Jones
  `- Re: BBC Red Button UHDDave W

1
BBC Red Button UHD

<sana9n$1vg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23637&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23637

From: koo...@troopa.net (Koopa)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: BBC Red Button UHD
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:54:31 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Koopa - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:54 UTC

During Euro 2020 the BBC have been offering the footie in UHD via the red
button which is nice. Only thing is it’s about a minute behind the normal
HD channel.

It doesn’t matter much but if I’m watching England and we score I’ll
probably hear my neighbors celebrating before I see it go in.

Re: BBC Red Button UHD

<saniam$a1f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23640&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23640

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: BBC Red Button UHD
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 15:12:06 +0100
 by: MB - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 14:12 UTC

On 20/06/2021 12:54, Koopa wrote:
> During Euro 2020 the BBC have been offering the footie in UHD via the red
> button which is nice. Only thing is it’s about a minute behind the normal
> HD channel.
>
> It doesn’t matter much but if I’m watching England and we score I’ll
> probably hear my neighbors celebrating before I see it go in.

If it is so important then listen on a good pair of headphones.

Re: BBC Red Button UHD

<ij9683FscsrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23642&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23642

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 16:47:15 +0100
 by: alan_m - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 15:47 UTC

On 20/06/2021 12:54, Koopa wrote:

> During Euro 2020 the BBC have been offering the footie in UHD via the red
> button which is nice. Only thing is it’s about a minute behind the normal
> HD channel.
>
> It doesn’t matter much but if I’m watching England and we score I’ll
> probably hear my neighbors celebrating before I see it go in.

Well, you have nothing to worry about - the chances of England scoring a
goal is zero.

Re: BBC Red Button UHD

<sapr3s$vl2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23662&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23662

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:53:45 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 10:53 UTC

On the other hand of course if live coverage of the end of the world was on
this channel you would never actually see it.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"alan_m" <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 20/06/2021 12:54, Koopa wrote:
>>

>> During Euro 2020 the BBC have been offering the footie in UHD via the red
>> button which is nice. Only thing is it's about a minute behind the normal
>> HD channel.
>>
>> It doesn't matter much but if I'm watching England and we score I'll
>> probably hear my neighbors celebrating before I see it go in.
>>

> Well, you have nothing to worry about - the chances of England scoring a
> goal is zero.
>
> --
> mailto : news {at} admac {dot} myzen {dot} co {dot} uk

Re: BBC Red Button UHD

<saqipr$7ng$1@posie.signal11.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23690&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23690

From: mjb...@signal11.invalid (Mike)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 18:38:03 +0100 (BST)
 by: Mike - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 17:38 UTC

In article <sapr3s$vl2$1@dont-email.me>,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>On the other hand of course if live coverage of the end of the world was on
>this channel you would never actually see it.

"And if you missed that programme, catch up in iPlayer, go to bbc dot ..."

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk

Re: BBC Red Button UHD

<bm12dg5198517pdm4t5tk4oh3fbjuukd9f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23691&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23691

From: davew...@yahoo.co.uk (Dave W)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 22:41:40 +0100
 by: Dave W - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 21:41 UTC

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:54:31 +0000 (UTC), Koopa <koopa@troopa.net>
wrote:

>During Euro 2020 the BBC have been offering the footie in UHD via the red
>button which is nice. Only thing is it’s about a minute behind the normal
>HD channel.
>
>It doesn’t matter much but if I’m watching England and we score I’ll
>probably hear my neighbors celebrating before I see it go in.
Offering where? Are you talking about Freeview, Freesat, or the online
version? On Freeview 'BBC Red Button Help' page it saya "visit
bbc.co.uk/redbutton" but that doesn't exist. What sort of equipment is
needed to see UHD?
--
Dave W

Re: BBC Red Button UHD

<sasd9u$t0n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23709&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23709

From: timjo...@invalid.invalid (Tim Jones)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 11:16:30 +0100
 by: Tim Jones - Tue, 22 Jun 2021 10:16 UTC

On 21/06/2021 22:41, Dave W wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:54:31 +0000 (UTC), Koopa <koopa@troopa.net>
> wrote:
>

>> During Euro 2020 the BBC have been offering the footie in UHD via the red
>> button which is nice. Only thing is it’s about a minute behind the normal
>> HD channel.
>>
>> It doesn’t matter much but if I’m watching England and we score I’ll
>> probably hear my neighbors celebrating before I see it go in.
>
> Offering where? Are you talking about Freeview, Freesat, or the online
> version? On Freeview 'BBC Red Button Help' page it saya "visit
> bbc.co.uk/redbutton" but that doesn't exist. What sort of equipment is
> needed to see UHD?

I have a 4k/HDR TV: an LG model CX.

On switching to a Euros match on FreeView BBC, an icon appears in the
top right hand corner advising that to see the programme in UHD on the
iPlayer, press Red. On switching, an HDR icon appears briefly in the
top right hand corner.

In the iPlayer settings you can choose between 24MBit/s 3840 pixels or
12 MBit/s 2560 pixels.

Re: BBC Red Button UHD

<av47dgtq46mjvg2ru385ejev8tvtasislv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23776&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#23776

From: davew...@yahoo.co.uk (Dave W)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 21:05:50 +0100
 by: Dave W - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 20:05 UTC

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 11:16:30 +0100, Tim Jones
<timjones@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>On 21/06/2021 22:41, Dave W wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:54:31 +0000 (UTC), Koopa <koopa@troopa.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> During Euro 2020 the BBC have been offering the footie in UHD via the red
>>> button which is nice. Only thing is it’s about a minute behind the normal
>>> HD channel.
>>>
>>> It doesn’t matter much but if I’m watching England and we score I’ll
>>> probably hear my neighbors celebrating before I see it go in.
>>
>> Offering where? Are you talking about Freeview, Freesat, or the online
>> version? On Freeview 'BBC Red Button Help' page it saya "visit
>> bbc.co.uk/redbutton" but that doesn't exist. What sort of equipment is
>> needed to see UHD?
>>

>I have a 4k/HDR TV: an LG model CX.
>
>On switching to a Euros match on FreeView BBC, an icon appears in the
>top right hand corner advising that to see the programme in UHD on the
>iPlayer, press Red. On switching, an HDR icon appears briefly in the
>top right hand corner.
>
>In the iPlayer settings you can choose between 24MBit/s 3840 pixels or
>12 MBit/s 2560 pixels.
Ah, so it's the online version of the red button.
--
Dav W