Once, adv.: Enough. -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Stagecoach bus driver in alleged ‘road rage’ attack on cyclist

SubjectAuthor
* Stagecoach bus driver in alleged ‘road rage’ attswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Stagecoach bus driver in alleged ‘road rage’swldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Stagecoach bus driver in alleged ‘road rage’Mike Collins

1
Stagecoach bus driver in alleged ‘road rage’ attack on cyclist

<51cd1e58-a2ae-4752-a922-50c335b23b3dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23778&group=uk.rec.cycling#23778

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 02:29:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Stagecoach_bus_driver_in_alleged_‘road_rage’_att
ack_on_cyclist
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 28 Feb 2023 10:29 UTC

MANAGERS at the Stagecoach bus company in Swindon are assisting a Wiltshire Police investigation into an alleged road rage assault on a cyclist by one of their drivers.

Witnesses allege the driver of a Number 9 bus from Wroughton to Swindon town centre punched a male cyclist several times, knocking him to the ground, last Tuesday afternoon (February 21).

The shocking incident is said to have taken place on the East Wichel Way into Swindon after 5.30pm as children were returning home from school.

One of the witnesses, Jacqui Kaniki, had just alighted from the bus near the Co-op store with her 11-year-old son when she says the driver got out of his single-decker vehicle.

“The cyclist and his son were in front of the bus but they were not in the cycling lane. They were on the road and the bus was travelling behind them.

“The driver was getting impatient and tried to knock the cyclist off his bike and then got off the bus and there was an argument.

“The bus driver hit the man. He punched the cyclist a couple of times in the head in front of the other passengers.

“The cyclist was wearing protection on his head and fell to the ground. He didn’t try to fight back.

“I was trying to film and photograph it with my mobile phone but my hands were shaking. It was horrendous."

She added: “The man on the ground got up and his son started to record it. There were other people who tried to get the bus driver off him.

“The driver just got back on the bus and drove off. His face was just stone cold after what happened.”

A Wiltshire Police spokesperson said: “We are appealing for witnesses after a cyclist was assaulted by a bus driver in East Wichel Way, Swindon last Tuesday (21/02).

“The cyclist, a man in his 40s, reports he was cycling with his 11-year-old son when a bus overtook them very closely around 5.40pm.

“When he tried to alert the driver by knocking on the window, the bus stopped and the driver got out.

“The cyclist was punched several times.

“It’s believed several people witnessed the assault, and we’d like to hear from anyone who can help with our enquiries.

“Please contact us on 101 quoting reference number 54230019502.”

A Stagecoach spokesperson said: “We are supporting the police with their investigation into the circumstances involved in an incident on 21 February.”

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/23349765.stagecoach-bus-driver-alleged-road-rage-attack-cyclist/

Re: Stagecoach bus driver in alleged ‘road rage’ attack on cyclist

<2a72dc7e-f68c-4f5b-8053-19a0ab42693an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23781&group=uk.rec.cycling#23781

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 05:54:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Stagecoach_bus_driver_in_alleged_‘road_rage’
_attack_on_cyclist
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 28 Feb 2023 13:54 UTC

Row erupted after cyclist Graham Cuthbert said bus forced him off his bike
He warned that someone less agile could have been killed in the incident
When he remonstrated with driver the motorist made the obscene gesture
Bus driver no longer works for Stagecoach who launched a disciplinary.

Stagecoach bus driver brawls with 'disabled' man as pair hurl punches in front of stunned passengers
The driver, who can be seen dragging the man onto the pavement, has since been suspended

A bus driver was sacked following a road rage incident in which he angrily used his vehicle 'as a weapon' against a cyclist, an employment tribunal heard. Samir William allegedly became enraged because he felt the male cyclist had delayed the bus's journey by pedalling in front of it.

On Wednesday (September 16) Ikbal Hussain was cycling with his friend Moz Ali towards the Charlie Browns roundabout when a bus honked at them to get out of the way.Ikbal said that at the traffic lights “words were exchanged” and the driver told them to get on the footpath. He said they ignored that as they are allowed to cycle on the road there.
The two of them rode forward and soon afterwards “the bus sped past and seemed to deliberately veer towards me and I then clipped the bus and went flying”.
The bus continued and didn’t stop to check on the injured cyclist.

Re: Stagecoach bus driver in alleged ‘road rage’ attack on cyclist

<00d0304a-1608-4001-8647-1c828f4190ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23805&group=uk.rec.cycling#23805

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 13:48:53 -0800 (PST)
_attack_on_cyclist
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Tue, 28 Feb 2023 21:48 UTC

On Tuesday, 28 February 2023 at 10:29:15 UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> MANAGERS at the Stagecoach bus company in Swindon are assisting a Wiltshire Police investigation into an alleged road rage assault on a cyclist by one of their drivers.
>
> Witnesses allege the driver of a Number 9 bus from Wroughton to Swindon town centre punched a male cyclist several times, knocking him to the ground, last Tuesday afternoon (February 21).
>
> The shocking incident is said to have taken place on the East Wichel Way into Swindon after 5.30pm as children were returning home from school.
>
> One of the witnesses, Jacqui Kaniki, had just alighted from the bus near the Co-op store with her 11-year-old son when she says the driver got out of his single-decker vehicle.
>
> “The cyclist and his son were in front of the bus but they were not in the cycling lane. They were on the road and the bus was travelling behind them.
>
> “The driver was getting impatient and tried to knock the cyclist off his bike and then got off the bus and there was an argument.
>
> “The bus driver hit the man. He punched the cyclist a couple of times in the head in front of the other passengers.
>
> “The cyclist was wearing protection on his head and fell to the ground. He didn’t try to fight back.
>
> “I was trying to film and photograph it with my mobile phone but my hands were shaking. It was horrendous."
>
> She added: “The man on the ground got up and his son started to record it. There were other people who tried to get the bus driver off him.
>
> “The driver just got back on the bus and drove off. His face was just stone cold after what happened.”
>
> A Wiltshire Police spokesperson said: “We are appealing for witnesses after a cyclist was assaulted by a bus driver in East Wichel Way, Swindon last Tuesday (21/02).
>
> “The cyclist, a man in his 40s, reports he was cycling with his 11-year-old son when a bus overtook them very closely around 5.40pm.
>
> “When he tried to alert the driver by knocking on the window, the bus stopped and the driver got out.
>
> “The cyclist was punched several times.
>
> “It’s believed several people witnessed the assault, and we’d like to hear from anyone who can help with our enquiries.
>
> “Please contact us on 101 quoting reference number 54230019502.”
>
> A Stagecoach spokesperson said: “We are supporting the police with their investigation into the circumstances involved in an incident on 21 February.”
>
> https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/23349765.stagecoach-bus-driver-alleged-road-rage-attack-cyclist/

The priests from the church of TR&T will tell us the helmet saved his life.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Stagecoach bus driver in alleged ‘road rage’ attack on cyclist