A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that includes me then)

SubjectAuthor
* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirtysoup
+* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutJohn Williamson
|+* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutsoup
||+* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutRichard Robinson
|||`- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that Nicholas D. Richards
||`- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutMike Fleming
|`- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutTone
+* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that hubops
|+* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutsoup
||+* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that hubops
|||`* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutTone
||| `* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutSam Plusnet
|||  `* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutTone
|||   +- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutsoup
|||   `* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutchrisnd@privacy.net
|||    +* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that Nicholas D. Richards
|||    |`* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutTone
|||    | `* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that Nicholas D. Richards
|||    |  `- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutTone
|||    `- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutTone
||`* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutSam Plusnet
|| `* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutsoup
||  `* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutsoup
||   `* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutMike Fleming
||    `- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutThe Nomad
|`* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutnev young
| +- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that Peter
| `* Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutsoup
|  `- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutgreymaus
`- Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over aboutgreymaus

Pages:12
Re: Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that includes me then)

<7CFhYRB2qqxkFA1b@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23412&group=uk.rec.sheds#23412

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that includes me then)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 19:23:50 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 18:23 UTC

In article <ua5n7f$2ulrb$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <tone@email.com> on
Sun, 30 Jul 2023 at 14:05:51 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 30/07/2023 13:09, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>> A fiend was a member of a side, but they wore white shirts with lace
>> cuffs and collars, Lancashire clogs, red socks, knickerbockers, grey top
>> hats with fresh flowers around and danced to the sound of the
>> Northumbrian pipes and the English Concertina.
>
>Huh!
>
>https://flic.kr/p/2oSBSd9
>
>Tone
Simla but that looks like a bowler not a top hat. Nessy pa?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that includes me then)

<ua6ft8$30plv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23423&group=uk.rec.sheds#23423

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about
thirty (guess that includes me then)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 21:07:03 +0100
 by: Tone - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 20:07 UTC

On 30/07/2023 19:23, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <ua5n7f$2ulrb$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <tone@email.com> on
> Sun, 30 Jul 2023 at 14:05:51 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>> On 30/07/2023 13:09, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>>> A fiend was a member of a side, but they wore white shirts with lace
>>> cuffs and collars, Lancashire clogs, red socks, knickerbockers, grey top
>>> hats with fresh flowers around and danced to the sound of the
>>> Northumbrian pipes and the English Concertina.
>>
>> Huh!
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/2oSBSd9
>>
>> Tone
> Simla but that looks like a bowler not a top hat. Nessy pa?

True. But I was actually better with the bat (not the old bat).

Tone

Re: Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that includes me then)

<kjni1kFtuhfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23811&group=uk.rec.sheds#23811

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
thirty (guess that includes me then)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 20:55:31 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 19:55 UTC

On 28/07/2023 13:45, soup wrote:
> On 28/07/2023 13:13, John Williamson wrote:
>> On 28/07/2023 12:50, soup wrote:
>>> These Koreans are crazy.
>
>> Point of order. The band are Japanese.
>
> OK then.
> These Japanese are crazy
>
> <commits seppuku,for being wrong and disgracing all my ancestors>.

I couldn't stop watching till the end even though I'm not a death metal
fan. And it turns out it's kawaii metal, which is not a new model of car
after all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babymetal

Re: Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that includes me then)

<kjnic4FtuhfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23813&group=uk.rec.sheds#23813

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
thirty (guess that includes me then)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 21:01:07 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 20:01 UTC

On 30/07/2023 00:39, soup wrote:
> On 30/07/2023 00:16, soup wrote:
>> On 29/07/2023 21:42, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>>>
>>> I assume they are miming to a recording[1], so splicing everything
>>> together would be much easier.
>>>
>>> [1] Yet can't dance around like that and still sing, proper-like, for
>>> ages.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HttQqjC9z4&
>>
>> This was the closest I could find (in two minutes of looking.  This
>> really isn't my style), to a full concert .
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HttQqjC9z4&.
>>
>> It doesn't strike me that they are miming .
>
> Strike that, at 14:18 the drummer can be seen doing nothing apart from
> waving his sticks at the crowd yet a very definite drum beat can be heard .

He's playing a double kick drum kit. That drumming you hear is his feet
doing the work. Double kick is an absolute requisite for various types
of metal (death, doom, thrash).

I don't think there's any miming going on.

Re: Music but probably not for Tone. Or indeed anyone over about thirty (guess that includes me then)

<reHBM.528171$6Li6.419565@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23818&group=uk.rec.sheds#23818

From: nom...@the.desert.invalid (The Nomad)
thirty (guess that includes me then)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 08:17:27 GMT
 by: The Nomad - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 08:17 UTC

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 21:01:07 +0100, Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 30/07/2023 00:39, soup wrote:

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HttQqjC9z4&
>>>
>>> This was the closest I could find (in two minutes of looking.  This
>>> really isn't my style), to a full concert .
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HttQqjC9z4&.
>>>
>>> It doesn't strike me that they are miming .
>>
>> Strike that, at 14:18 the drummer can be seen doing nothing apart from
>> waving his sticks at the crowd yet a very definite drum beat can be
>> heard .
>
> He's playing a double kick drum kit. That drumming you hear is his feet
> doing the work. Double kick is an absolute requisite for various types
> of metal (death, doom, thrash).
>
> I don't think there's any miming going on.

That's some fancy foot work going on!

Avpx
--
Ninety percent of true love is acute, ear-burning embarrassment.
(Wyrd Sisters)