aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?

SubjectAuthor
* Fwd: Looking for something different?Keithr0
+* Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?Noddy
|`- Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?Xeno
`* Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?lindsay
 `- Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?Noddy

1
Fwd: Looking for something different?

<k7f181F4j9kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23732&group=aus.cars#23732

From: nothing....@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Fwd: Looking for something different?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 09:04:34 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 23:04 UTC

On 15/03/2023 4:00 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 15/03/2023 4:30 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
>> On 15/03/2023 6:54 am, Noddy wrote:
>

>>> We'll be moving back to Telstra just as soon as we're able to.
>>>
>> I'm with Amaysim, all calls within Australia included plus 6 gigs of
>> data a month (unused data rolls over) for $12/mo
>
> thats a great plan.. is that off testra's back? Like Woolworths?
>
> I'm with Hel$tra, just had a 6 week arguement about billing address, inc
> goint to a Telstra shop and being told i'd have to wait90-120 mins for
> the to check my billing address.... i'd drop hel$tra like a hot potato,
> but no other network (phone) works all over the block. Having said that,
> the data side of things is nearly as bad as dial-up here, And they
> couldnt give a shit...

Runs on Optus, I've not had any problem with coverage, it's 4g max but
then I'm not sure that 5g is worth the bother.
Checking on their app, I see that I have 92.86GB of available data! Not
sure what I'm going to do with it.

Looking at their site, they don't offer my plan anymore, $15 for
unlimited call and 4GB per 28 days seems to be the cheapest now.

--
Clocky on programming 18 Feb 2022
"What, you copy and paste code into a sketch in Arduino, select the

Clocky on NASA 18 Mar 2022
"Oh, and btw... if you worked for NASA how is it thay you are seemingly
oblivious to Commodore Amigas used at NASA"

Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?

<tutv85$18257$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23734&group=aus.cars#23734

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 13:34:45 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 02:34 UTC

On 16/03/2023 10:04 am, Keithr0 wrote:

> Runs on Optus, I've not had any problem with coverage, it's 4g max but
> then I'm not sure that 5g is worth the bother.
> Checking on their app, I see that I have 92.86GB of available data! Not
> sure what I'm going to do with it.

My friend who also has an Amaysim account lives in Maddingly which is on
the opposite side of Bacchus Marsh to me. She's had her account with
them for some years and is pretty happy, but then she's also an Iphone
freak so she's probably easily amused :)

> Looking at their site, they don't offer my plan anymore, $15 for
> unlimited call and 4GB per 28 days seems to be the cheapest now.

If they run on the Optus network then I'll give it a miss. Optus is
thoroughly hopeless here and I'd never use them again.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?

<k7fdrvF6c20U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23735&group=aus.cars#23735

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 13:39:58 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 02:39 UTC

On 16/3/2023 1:34 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 16/03/2023 10:04 am, Keithr0 wrote:
>
>> Runs on Optus, I've not had any problem with coverage, it's 4g max but
>> then I'm not sure that 5g is worth the bother.
>> Checking on their app, I see that I have 92.86GB of available data!
>> Not sure what I'm going to do with it.
>
> My friend who also has an Amaysim account lives in Maddingly which is on
> the opposite side of Bacchus Marsh to me. She's had her account with
> them for some years and is pretty happy, but then she's also an Iphone
> freak so she's probably easily amused :)

Smart woman!

>> Looking at their site, they don't offer my plan anymore, $15 for
>> unlimited call and 4GB per 28 days seems to be the cheapest now.
>
> If they run on the Optus network then I'll give it a miss. Optus is
> thoroughly hopeless here and I'd never use them again.

Looks like *everything* up on that bleak windswept old mesa is
thoroughly hopeless. Ah well, at least it all gives you something to
whinge about.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?

<szcRL.1616561$9sn9.1379745@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23804&group=aus.cars#23804

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 17:08:21 +1100
 by: lindsay - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 06:08 UTC

On 16/03/2023 10:04 am, Keithr0 wrote:

> On 15/03/2023 4:00 pm, lindsay wrote:

>>> I'm with Amaysim, all calls within Australia included plus 6 gigs of
>>> data a month (unused data rolls over) for $12/mo
>>
>> thats a great plan.. is that off testra's back? Like Woolworths?
>>
>> I'm with Hel$tra, just had a 6 week arguement about billing address,
>> inc goint to a Telstra shop and being told i'd have to wait90-120 mins
>> for the to check my billing address.... i'd drop hel$tra like a hot
>> potato, but no other network (phone) works all over the block. Having
>> said that, the data side of things is nearly as bad as dial-up here,
>> And they couldnt give a shit...
>>
> Runs on Optus, I've not had any problem with coverage, it's 4g max but
> then I'm not sure that 5g is worth the bother.

wingman had Optus and was forever screaming about waiting for something
to d/load up at the block. He's now swapped to Hel$tra and happy so far,
know more at Easter.although i think he's going to be dissapointed.
Local tower has very bad congestion issues, which means accesss to sites
like Vicemergency, CFA, FRV etc just time out at times.

> Checking on their app, I see that I have 92.86GB of available data! Not
> sure what I'm going to do with it.

Lol. I get 180gb a month, which is great, if I could use it.

> Looking at their site, they don't offer my plan anymore, $15 for
> unlimited call and 4GB per 28 days seems to be the cheapest now.

Cheers...

Re: Fwd: Looking for something different?

<tv47r5$2fe8n$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23825&group=aus.cars#23825

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 22:38:13 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:38 UTC

On 18/03/2023 5:08 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 16/03/2023 10:04 am, Keithr0 wrote:

>> Runs on Optus, I've not had any problem with coverage, it's 4g max but
>> then I'm not sure that 5g is worth the bother.
>
> wingman had Optus and was forever screaming about waiting for something
> to d/load up at the block. He's now swapped to Hel$tra and happy so far,
> know more at Easter.although i think he's going to be dissapointed.
> Local tower has very bad congestion issues, which means accesss to sites
> like Vicemergency, CFA, FRV etc just time out at times.

Nasty.

Optus is crap. Lots of dropouts, interference and/or dead dials. And
it's not just around here either. I had to go out to Hallam to pick some
shit up last week and made a few calls on the way, and the call quality
was rubbish.

Wife and I are both on Optus, and it's not unusual for her to send me a
text message and I get it 4 hours later.

Regards,
Noddy.