From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: A blast from my past.
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 23:32:32 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 12:32 UTC

Well, burger me, here's a blast from my past.

https://www.examiner.com.au/story/8108795/famous-dash-recreated-60-years-later/

Know the chap well, and for 60 years and more! Last time I was on the
phone to him, last year IIRC, he was telling me about this car he's been
working on. Looks like it's finished - and he would have done the spray
painting on that car too. Wonder what his next project will be?

BTW, his first ever car spray job was my old Falcon back when I was an
apprentice. He became a professional automotive spray painter after
completing that job. Yes, he did a spray painting apprenticeship and
then went on to do all the really fancy spray painting techniques that
you often see on cars these days.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: A blast from my past.

<ExdRL.356680$Lfzc.196921@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23809&group=aus.cars#23809

Subject: Re: A blast from my past.
Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 18:14:41 +1100
 by: lindsay - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 07:14 UTC

On 16/03/2023 11:32 pm, Xeno wrote:

> Well, burger me,

No, I don't do that... I thought you'd be a #42 and short soup kinda
guy/thing...

> here's a blast from my past.

Hopefully you're strapped to a case of Semtex?.

Since no-one else gives a shit about your pathetic mythical past, let me
guess...

Is he an outboard mechanic that suddenly had 30 years experience?, as
soon as I mentioned mine had? Still waiting for the name and phone number...

Is he "a friend who is a seismic survey navigator, now retired, who
spent a lifetime navigating seismic survey vessels all over the worlds
oceans in search of oil." yet couldn't find his own arse in a toilet? or
even find the critical *southbound* Leuwin current to get his ship out
of trouble?

Is he a sales manager of a local car yard? And then not?

Is he still installing "radar phones" all over Australia? "And if you
knew how the phone booth was connected to the phone system, you would be
aware that there would be a radar tower nearby. I know this because a
friend, a radar tech, was doing the installation of such things for
Telstra all over the outback way back in the 80s."

Is he the "manager" of a rail yard in Bayswater? Who, when questioned,
had 4 different jobs, yet my mate Blockhead (now deceased) knew the
Manager very well....

Is he just another vivid figment of your imagination like these :

refrigeration mechanic 13/3/12
Ships engineer 28/3/12
mechanic friend of 40 years 29/3/12
Discovery owner 30/3/12
Elec engineer 31/3/12
Teritory owner 1/4/12
Peugot owner 2/4/12
FiFo on rigs 4/4/12
so many "friends" to pad out your lies, Tomas Clasener.... and that was
11 years ago, when you first infested this place as Krypsis... i got
sick of adding your mythical friends to the Tomas Clasener Tome of Lies.

But it's still open for new entries.. :-D Which you insist on supplying.

Re: A blast from my past.

<tv47ko$2fe8n$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23823&group=aus.cars#23823

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 22:34:48 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:34 UTC

On 18/03/2023 6:14 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 16/03/2023 11:32 pm, Xeno wrote:
>
>> Well, burger me,
>
> No, I don't do that... I thought you'd be a #42 and short soup kinda
> guy/thing...
>
>> here's a blast from my past.
>
> Hopefully you're strapped to a case of Semtex?.

I'd actually pay good money to see that :)

> Since no-one else gives a shit about your pathetic mythical past, let me
> guess...
>
> Is he an outboard mechanic that suddenly had 30 years experience?, as
> soon as I mentioned mine had? Still waiting for the name and phone
> number...
>
> Is he "a  friend who is a seismic survey navigator, now retired, who
> spent a lifetime navigating seismic survey vessels all over the worlds
> oceans in search of oil." yet couldn't find his own arse in a toilet? or
> even find the critical *southbound* Leuwin current to get his ship out
> of trouble?
>
> Is he a sales manager of a local car yard? And then not?
>
> Is he still installing "radar phones" all over Australia? "And if you
> knew how the phone booth was connected to the phone system, you would be
> aware that there would be a radar tower nearby. I know this because a
> friend, a radar tech, was doing the installation of such things for
> Telstra all over the outback way back in the 80s."
>
> Is he the "manager" of a rail yard in Bayswater? Who, when questioned,
> had 4 different jobs, yet my mate Blockhead (now deceased) knew the
> Manager very well....
>
> Is he just another vivid figment of your imagination like these :
>
> refrigeration mechanic 13/3/12
> Ships engineer 28/3/12
> mechanic friend of 40 years 29/3/12
> Discovery owner 30/3/12
> Elec engineer 31/3/12
> Teritory owner 1/4/12
> Peugot owner 2/4/12
> FiFo on rigs 4/4/12
> so many "friends" to pad out your lies, Tomas Clasener.... and that was
> 11 years ago, when you first infested this place as Krypsis... i got
> sick of adding your mythical friends to the Tomas Clasener Tome of Lies.
>
> But it's still open for new entries.. :-D Which you insist on supplying.

Nice :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: A blast from my past.

<k7lq5nF5qu7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23827&group=aus.cars#23827

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 23:46:46 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 12:46 UTC

On 18/3/2023 10:34 pm, Noddy wrote:

> I'd actually pay good money to see that :)

It's really biting into you that you can't prove me wrong, isn't it
Darren? You really wish those trade papers, the ones you fraudulently
claimed you had, were actually sitting on your desk. How you would love
to flash them out and say "read it and weep boys". But you can't do that
since they were never more than a figment of your imagination. One of
your *delusions*, and there have been many. 20 years of owning a
business in the Slough Estate of Altona? Another delusion, not a single
government record to back you up. So funny yet at the same time kind of
pathetic!