From: jon...@jschneider.tenreversed (Jon Schneider)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Replacement sink drain flange
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 17:31:29 +0100
 by: Jon Schneider - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 16:31 UTC

Sink drain flange is my best guess term for what I am out to replace.

My kitchen sink has a 55mm hole. The plug-hole section (flange ?) which
can take a common 45mm rubber plug had spokes which both acted as a
strainer and supported a centre screw hole. A 10mm diameter plastic
screw attaches this to the top of the pipework. Some spokes broke and
the whole lot has become leaky. In fact the flange was cracked before
the spokes went.

Sorry for my terrible description where might I find a white or cream or
beige ish plastic drain flange for a 55m sink hole that is attached by a
10mm (diameter) plastic screw ?

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Replacement sink drain flange

<sl47ov$oco$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23850&group=uk.d-i-y#23850

From: chris.p....@maildrop.cc (Chris Bacon)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Replacement sink drain flange
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 19:13:51 +0100
 by: Chris Bacon - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 18:13 UTC

On 24/10/2021 17:31, Jon Schneider wrote:
> Sink drain flange is my best guess term for what I am out to replace.
>
> My kitchen sink has a 55mm hole. The plug-hole section (flange ?) which
> can take a common 45mm rubber plug had spokes which both acted as a
> strainer and supported a centre screw hole. A 10mm diameter plastic
> screw attaches this to the top of the pipework. Some spokes broke and
> the whole lot has become leaky. In fact the flange was cracked before
> the spokes went.
>
> Sorry for my terrible description where might I find a white or cream or
> beige ish plastic drain flange for a 55m sink hole that is attached by a
> 10mm (diameter) plastic screw ?

That's a sink waste, that is. Have you tried Screwfix?

Re: Replacement sink drain flange

<m25ythdsla.fsf@jschneider.tenreversed>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24412&group=uk.d-i-y#24412

From: jon...@jschneider.tenreversed (Jon Schneider)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 17:25:37 +0100
 by: Jon Schneider - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 16:25 UTC

Chris Bacon <chris.p.bacon@maildrop.cc> writes:

> That's a sink waste, that is. Have you tried Screwfix?

My problem is that the (sink) hole is 57mm and the recess in the sink
70mm and quite shallow so normal parts (80mm diameter and quite thick
with gasket) just don't fit there. I'm seriously considering doing
something nasty with glue at this point.

Jon

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Replacement sink drain flange