Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:26:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cyclist suffers head injuries in crash with suspected drug-driver on
Boothferry Road
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 1 Mar 2023 18:26 UTC

A man has been arrested on suspicion of drug-driving after a crash in Hull which left a cyclist with head injuries.

The incident, which took place at approximately 8.35am this morning (Wednesday, March 1), happened on Boothferry Road near the roundabout where it meets Anlaby Road. It was reported that a Mercedes collided with the cyclist, who was taken to hospital for treatment.

A 51-year-old man was arrested at the scene under suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of drugs, and remains in police custody at this time.. Police are appealing for anyone with information or dashcam footage to come forward and assist them with their enquiries.

In a statement, Humberside Police said: "A man has been arrested on suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of drugs after a road traffic collision this morning (Wednesday 1 March). It was reported that a Mercedes car and a cyclist were in collision on Boothferry Road, Hull, near to the junction with Anlaby Road at around 8.35am.

"The cyclist was taken to hospital for treatment on head injuries. A 51-year-old man was arrested at the scene and remains in our custody at this time..

"If anyone has information regarding this incident, including dashcam footage of the area around the time of the collision, you can contact us on 101, quoting log 93 of 1 March."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/cyclist-suffers-head-injuries-crash-8203397

Re: Cyclist suffers head injuries in crash with suspected drug-driver on Boothferry Road

<k6midjFb3vhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24185&group=uk.rec.cycling#24185

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclist suffers head injuries in crash with suspected drug-driver
on Boothferry Road
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 10:24:47 -0600
 by: JNugent - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 16:24 UTC

On 01/03/2023 12:26, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A man has been arrested on suspicion of drug-driving after a crash in Hull which left a cyclist with head injuries.
>
> The incident, which took place at approximately 8.35am this morning (Wednesday, March 1), happened on Boothferry Road near the roundabout where it meets Anlaby Road. It was reported that a Mercedes collided with the cyclist, who was taken to hospital for treatment.
>
> A 51-year-old man was arrested at the scene under suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of drugs, and remains in police custody at this time. Police are appealing for anyone with information or dashcam footage to come forward and assist them with their enquiries.
>
> In a statement, Humberside Police said: "A man has been arrested on suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of drugs after a road traffic collision this morning (Wednesday 1 March). It was reported that a Mercedes car and a cyclist were in collision on Boothferry Road, Hull, near to the junction with Anlaby Road at around 8.35am.
>
> "The cyclist was taken to hospital for treatment on head injuries. A 51-year-old man was arrested at the scene and remains in our custody at this time.
>
> "If anyone has information regarding this incident, including dashcam footage of the area around the time of the collision, you can contact us on 101, quoting log 93 of 1 March."
>
> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/cyclist-suffers-head-injuries-crash-8203397

No comments from Collins on drug-driving?

You can rest assures that no responsible poster would ever defend it.

Re: Cyclist suffers head injuries in crash with suspected drug-driver on Boothferry Road

<fa6c37e1-3177-4067-bba9-7687efe79371n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24211&group=uk.rec.cycling#24211

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 09:11:34 -0800 (PST)
on Boothferry Road
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 17:11 UTC

On Monday, 6 March 2023 at 16:24:22 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 01/03/2023 12:26, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > A man has been arrested on suspicion of drug-driving after a crash in Hull which left a cyclist with head injuries.
> >
> > The incident, which took place at approximately 8.35am this morning (Wednesday, March 1), happened on Boothferry Road near the roundabout where it meets Anlaby Road. It was reported that a Mercedes collided with the cyclist, who was taken to hospital for treatment.
> >
> > A 51-year-old man was arrested at the scene under suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of drugs, and remains in police custody at this time. Police are appealing for anyone with information or dashcam footage to come forward and assist them with their enquiries.
> >
> > In a statement, Humberside Police said: "A man has been arrested on suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of drugs after a road traffic collision this morning (Wednesday 1 March). It was reported that a Mercedes car and a cyclist were in collision on Boothferry Road, Hull, near to the junction with Anlaby Road at around 8.35am.
> >
> > "The cyclist was taken to hospital for treatment on head injuries. A 51-year-old man was arrested at the scene and remains in our custody at this time.
> >
> > "If anyone has information regarding this incident, including dashcam footage of the area around the time of the collision, you can contact us on 101, quoting log 93 of 1 March."
> >
> > https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/cyclist-suffers-head-injuries-crash-8203397
> No comments from Collins on drug-driving?

Drug drivers should be treated the same as drunk drivers.
Just because I support legal cannabis does not mean I support driving whilst high.
There's your comment.

Re: Cyclist suffers head injuries in crash with suspected drug-driver on Boothferry Road

<69fbfb07-4e0d-42ec-abfb-181b0fcfb8can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24223&group=uk.rec.cycling#24223

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 09:23:52 -0800 (PST)
on Boothferry Road
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 17:23 UTC

On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 5:11:36 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

> Drug drivers should be treated the same as drunk drivers.
> Just because I support legal cannabis does not mean I support driving whilst high.
> There's your comment.

Glad to hear it!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Cyclist suffers head injuries in crash with suspected drug-driver on Boothferry Road