From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Oxford Circus: Woman hospitalised by cyclist
Date: 2 Mar 2023 09:39:19 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 09:39 UTC

Woman rushed to hospital after being struck by cyclist in Oxford Circus

By Barney Davis@BarneyDavisES

A female pedestrian has been rushed to hospital after being struck by a
cyclist in Oxford Street.

The busy tourist area was cordoned off by police as paramedics treated the
woman after the collision at 4.50pm on Tuesday.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of a female
pedestrian in collision with a cyclist in Oxford Street, junction with
Regents Street, W1.

“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and the female was taken to
hospital for treatment; her condition is not life threatening.

“Road closures were put in place while the scene was dealt with.”

The cyclist has not been arrested.

Buses were put on diversion after the collision.

<https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/oxford-circus-hit-cyclist-rushed-to-hospital-london-regent-street-b1016262.html>

--
Spike

Re: Oxford Circus: Woman hospitalised by cyclist

<0cfaa607-2606-482b-96b4-2fe3567ca542n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24004&group=uk.rec.cycling#24004

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 07:44:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Oxford Circus: Woman hospitalised by cyclist
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 15:44 UTC

On Thursday, 2 March 2023 at 09:39:23 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Woman rushed to hospital after being struck by cyclist in Oxford Circus
>
> By Barney Davis@BarneyDavisES
>
> A female pedestrian has been rushed to hospital after being struck by a
> cyclist in Oxford Street.
>
> The busy tourist area was cordoned off by police as paramedics treated the
> woman after the collision at 4.50pm on Tuesday.
>
> A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of a female
> pedestrian in collision with a cyclist in Oxford Street, junction with
> Regents Street, W1.
>
> “Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and the female was taken to
> hospital for treatment; her condition is not life threatening.
>
> “Road closures were put in place while the scene was dealt with.”
>
> The cyclist has not been arrested.
>
> Buses were put on diversion after the collision.
>
> <https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/oxford-circus-hit-cyclist-rushed-to-hospital-london-regent-street-b1016262.html>
>
> --
> Spike

Was she wearing a helmet?

Re: Oxford Circus: Woman hospitalised by cyclist

<k6iaa0Flf1pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24048&group=uk.rec.cycling#24048

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 19:41:48 -0600
 by: JNugent - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 01:41 UTC

On 02/03/2023 03:39, Spike wrote:

> Woman rushed to hospital after being struck by cyclist in Oxford Circus
>
> By Barney Davis@BarneyDavisES
>
> A female pedestrian has been rushed to hospital after being struck by a
> cyclist in Oxford Street.
>
> The busy tourist area was cordoned off by police as paramedics treated the
> woman after the collision at 4.50pm on Tuesday.
>
> A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of a female
> pedestrian in collision with a cyclist in Oxford Street, junction with
> Regents Street, W1.
>
> “Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and the female was taken to
> hospital for treatment; her condition is not life threatening.
>
> “Road closures were put in place while the scene was dealt with.”
>
> The cyclist has not been arrested.

He probably scarpered.

> Buses were put on diversion after the collision.
>
> <https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/oxford-circus-hit-cyclist-rushed-to-hospital-london-regent-street-b1016262.html>

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Oxford Circus: Woman hospitalised by cyclist