From: inva...@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: I'M BACK!
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 12:52:51 +0100
 by: soup - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 11:52 UTC

Just like a bad penny I always turn up.
So back from holibobs, findings are :-

The Atlantic is < E.D.> cold.

Tobermory is beautiful.

The isle of Mull is stunning. Especially the single track roads.

Ten days is a tad long to live in someone else's house, while they are
there.

CalMac ferries are great once your on but there check-in could use
improvement.

Lots of links to photos coming up, (only kidding I wouldn't do that to
you lot. [Photos were taken on a 'phone anyway lots of stuff that looked
good to the naked eye was just a dot in the distance]).

If I get the tuits shall put dashcam videos on YouTube,
Craignure-Salen-Tobermory
Tobermpory-Calgary bay-Salen-Tobermory.
ETC.

Re: I'M BACK!

<6qRhSsA40i2kFAP+@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23874&group=uk.rec.sheds#23874

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: I'M BACK!
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 14:33:44 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 13:33 UTC

In article <ubd4ii$2ae34$1@dont-email.me>, soup <invalid@invalid.com>
on Mon, 14 Aug 2023 at 12:52:51 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and
wrote
>Just like a bad penny I always turn up.
>So back from holibobs, findings are :-
>
>The Atlantic is < E.D.> cold.
>
>Tobermory is beautiful.
>
>The isle of Mull is stunning. Especially the single track roads.
>
>Ten days is a tad long to live in someone else's house, while they are
>there.
>
>CalMac ferries are great once your on but there check-in could use
>improvement.
>
>Lots of links to photos coming up, (only kidding I wouldn't do that to
>you lot. [Photos were taken on a 'phone anyway lots of stuff that looked
>good to the naked eye was just a dot in the distance]).
>
>If I get the tuits shall put dashcam videos on YouTube,
>Craignure-Salen-Tobermory
>Tobermpory-Calgary bay-Salen-Tobermory.
>ETC.

Well, I have just learnt something, there is a Calgary in Scotland. I
suppose I should have guessed, that the one in left side of the pond (NB
not Leftpondia) is named after a Scottish location.

The photo of Calgary Bay in Wikipedia makes it look like a beautiful
beach, bet it is a bit cold and windy for skinny dipping.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: I'M BACK!

<ubdmug$2ddtl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23878&group=uk.rec.sheds#23878

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 18:06:24 +0100
 by: Tone - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 17:06 UTC

On 14/08/2023 14:33, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> Well, I have just learnt something, there is a Calgary in Scotland.

There is also a Moscow in that Scawtland.

Tone

Re: I'M BACK!

<68okdils1gkqc6kg5f6uupjs4luc9temqr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23879&group=uk.rec.sheds#23879

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 13:24:13 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 17:24 UTC

On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 12:52:51 +0100, soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

>Just like a bad penny I always turn up.
>So back from holibobs, findings are :-
>
>The Atlantic is < E.D.> cold.
>
>Tobermory is beautiful.
>
>The isle of Mull is stunning. Especially the single track roads.
>
>Ten days is a tad long to live in someone else's house, while they are
>there.
>
>CalMac ferries are great once your on but there check-in could use
>improvement.
>
>Lots of links to photos coming up, (only kidding I wouldn't do that to
>you lot. [Photos were taken on a 'phone anyway lots of stuff that looked
>good to the naked eye was just a dot in the distance]).
>
>If I get the tuits shall put dashcam videos on YouTube,
>Craignure-Salen-Tobermory
>Tobermpory-Calgary bay-Salen-Tobermory.
>ETC.

Many of my favourite - video & pics - from our Ireland vacation -
are from the dash cam < ! >.
Numerous screen-capture still-pics from the dash cam video
made-the-cut for keepers.
John T.

Re: I'M BACK!

<AexvfEB7Um2kFAKG@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23880&group=uk.rec.sheds#23880

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 18:32:43 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 17:32 UTC

In article <ubdmug$2ddtl$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <tone@email.com> on
Mon, 14 Aug 2023 at 18:06:24 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 14/08/2023 14:33, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>> Well, I have just learnt something, there is a Calgary in Scotland.
>
>There is also a Moscow in that Scawtland.

At the same latitude as that other and more infamous Moscow. Said to
have been re-named to commemorate a certain retreat in 1812. That is
what Wikilies says.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: I'M BACK!

<ubdpiv$2drfb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23881&group=uk.rec.sheds#23881

From: inva...@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 18:51:26 +0100
 by: soup - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 17:51 UTC

On 14/08/2023 14:33, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <ubd4ii$2ae34$1@dont-email.me>, soup <invalid@invalid.com>
> on Mon, 14 Aug 2023 at 12:52:51 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and
> wrote
>> Just like a bad penny I always turn up.
>> So back from holibobs, findings are :-
>>
>> The Atlantic is < E.D.> cold.
>>
>> Tobermory is beautiful.
>>
>> The isle of Mull is stunning. Especially the single track roads.
>>
>> Ten days is a tad long to live in someone else's house, while they are
>> there.
>>
>> CalMac ferries are great once your on but there check-in could use
>> improvement.
>>
>> Lots of links to photos coming up, (only kidding I wouldn't do that to
>> you lot. [Photos were taken on a 'phone anyway lots of stuff that looked
>> good to the naked eye was just a dot in the distance]).
>>
>> If I get the tuits shall put dashcam videos on YouTube,
>> Craignure-Salen-Tobermory
>> Tobermpory-Calgary bay-Salen-Tobermory.
>> ETC.
>
> Well, I have just learnt something, there is a Calgary in Scotland. I
> suppose I should have guessed, that the one in left side of the pond (NB
> not Leftpondia) is named after a Scottish location.
>
> The photo of Calgary Bay in Wikipedia makes it look like a beautiful
> beach, bet it is a bit cold and windy for skinny dipping.

Paddled in it, it's <E.D.> cold.
Weirdly people did swim in it (more to say they had swam in the Atlantic
than actually swimming)

https://postimg.cc/WhMgp5Vf
Nothing till America (ish. Geography was never my strong point) in
4,000 miles.

Aside :-
After paddling, thought I would wash the sand of my feet . Saw a fresh
water stream running on to the beach so decided to use that, instantly
sank two feet into the 'silt' and released an all pervading stench of
sewage. What I hadn't realised was that although the stream was natural
Argyle and Bute council used it as a soakaway for the toilet block for
the nearby wild camping grounds (if people are going to camp there
anyway might as well give them bins to put their rubbish in and toilets
to stop them <E.D.> all over the place). So trying to wash (for about
six seconds) in toilet run off.