From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Auriol Grey: The car driver
Date: 3 Mar 2023 09:40:54 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 09:40 UTC

In another victim impact statement, the driver of the VW Passat spoke of
the untold trauma she has experienced since that day.

Carla Money, a mum to two young children, said she was a confident driver
on her way home from a playdate with her two-year-old when Mrs Ward fell
into the path of her car.

She said her "whole life" was turned upside down, and it had taken her
years to gain the confidence to drive again. She said she had been
suffering from PTSD which had led to the breakdown of her marriage.

She added: "My heart aches for Mrs Ward's family, they are forever in my
heart."

<https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/03/02/pedestrian-cerebral-palsy-partially-sighted-jailed-death-cyclist/>

--
Spike

Re: Auriol Grey: The car driver

<ttshud$k3i7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23908&group=uk.rec.cycling#23908

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Auriol Grey: The car driver
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 10:25:17 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:jYkr9VIdJJKeoS8aAeTAzQuXUV4=
 by: Brian - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 10:25 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:

> In another victim impact statement, the driver of the VW Passat spoke of
> the untold trauma she has experienced since that day.
>
> Carla Money, a mum to two young children, said she was a confident driver
> on her way home from a playdate with her two-year-old when Mrs Ward fell
> into the path of her car.
>
> She said her "whole life" was turned upside down, and it had taken her
> years to gain the confidence to drive again. She said she had been
> suffering from PTSD which had led to the breakdown of her marriage.
>
> She added: "My heart aches for Mrs Ward's family, they are forever in my
> heart."
>
> <https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/03/02/pedestrian-cerebral-palsy-partially-sighted-jailed-death-cyclist/>

Indeed, not just her life but her family destroyed by a cyclist. Mrs Money
shows remarkable compassion by having any thought for the Mrs Ward or her
family.

The pedestrian was criticised for failing to show remorse. Why should she?
She was a victim. What next, victims of violent crime locked up for failing
to show remorse for their attackers? Are we to see those who survived the
Manchester bombing locked up because they didn’t show remorse for the
bomber?

Re: Auriol Grey: The car driver

<k6e9v9F2ma5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23917&group=uk.rec.cycling#23917

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 3 Mar 2023 13:11:05 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 13:11 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> In another victim impact statement, the driver of the VW Passat spoke of
>> the untold trauma she has experienced since that day.
>>
>> Carla Money, a mum to two young children, said she was a confident driver
>> on her way home from a playdate with her two-year-old when Mrs Ward fell
>> into the path of her car.
>>
>> She said her "whole life" was turned upside down, and it had taken her
>> years to gain the confidence to drive again. She said she had been
>> suffering from PTSD which had led to the breakdown of her marriage.
>>
>> She added: "My heart aches for Mrs Ward's family, they are forever in my
>> heart."
>>
>> <https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/03/02/pedestrian-cerebral-palsy-partially-sighted-jailed-death-cyclist/>
>>

> Indeed, not just her life but her family destroyed by a cyclist. Mrs Money
> shows remarkable compassion by having any thought for the Mrs Ward or her
> family.
>
> The pedestrian was criticised for failing to show remorse. Why should she?
> She was a victim. What next, victims of violent crime locked up for failing
> to show remorse for their attackers? Are we to see those who survived the
> Manchester bombing locked up because they didn’t show remorse for the
> bomber?

Well said.

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Auriol Grey: The car driver