Have a nice diurnal anomaly.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos

SubjectAuthor
* phobile playing silly so-and-sosRustyHinge
+* phobile playing silly so-and-sosTease'n'Seize
|`* phobile playing silly so-and-sosRustyHinge
| `* phobile playing silly so-and-sosTim+
|  +- phobile playing silly so-and-sosmaus
|  `- phobile playing silly so-and-sosRustyHinge
+* phobile playing silly so-and-sosTim+
|`- phobile playing silly so-and-sosRustyHinge
`- phobile playing silly so-and-sosBrian Gaff

1
phobile playing silly so-and-sos

<ube9c3$2g4sa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23887&group=uk.rec.sheds#23887

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: phobile playing silly so-and-sos
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 23:20:50 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 22:20 UTC

Or is it someone unHinged wot's forgot something?

Old batri did a Janus belly, and while it took some charge, wouldn't
allow the case to reassemble.

Lit screen OK but rocked on its corporations while reassembly was being
resisted.

Got a pair of arj batris and charged one. Tried to turn it on. Obviously
I'm no longer sexy enough as it wooden bee turned on. Right batri number
(BL-5C) for this simple Nokia dunnowotmodel 'cos I can see nothing on it
wot tells me.

Now, I hold down the top left key with the green arch (symbol for
handset?) and zilch.

Cleaned all contacts including underside of SIM without being nasty and
ruff. Zilch.

Have I disremembered somesalient point?

Am I going ga-ga or is the instrument?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos

<cm-dnc8zvf5h1Eb5nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23897&group=uk.rec.sheds#23897

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 10:48:45 +0100
Subject: Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 09:48 UTC

RustyHinge wrote:

> Now, I hold down the top left key with the green arch (symbol for
> handset?) and zilch.

I have a vague recollection that oNika used a long prod of the red "hang
up" button for both on and off?

Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos

<1665044754.713789825.817455.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23899&group=uk.rec.sheds#23899

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 15 Aug 2023 10:58:12 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 10:58 UTC

RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:
> Or is it someone unHinged wot's forgot something?
>
> Old batri did a Janus belly, and while it took some charge, wouldn't
> allow the case to reassemble.
>
> Lit screen OK but rocked on its corporations while reassembly was being
> resisted.
>
> Got a pair of arj batris and charged one. Tried to turn it on. Obviously
> I'm no longer sexy enough as it wooden bee turned on. Right batri number
> (BL-5C) for this simple Nokia dunnowotmodel 'cos I can see nothing on it
> wot tells me.
>
> Now, I hold down the top left key with the green arch (symbol for
> handset?) and zilch.
>
> Cleaned all contacts including underside of SIM without being nasty and
> ruff. Zilch.
>
> Have I disremembered somesalient point?
>
> Am I going ga-ga or is the instrument?

Tell us what kind of phobile it is and we stand a better chance of telling
you where the on/off button is.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos

<ubfqb3$2qkue$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23909&group=uk.rec.sheds#23909

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 13:16:33 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 12:16 UTC

Ribbon cables are the usual cause of crazy goings on. I don't think they
like to make them so you can do much to them.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"RustyHinge" <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote in message
> Or is it someone unHinged wot's forgot something?
>
> Old batri did a Janus belly, and while it took some charge, wouldn't allow
> the case to reassemble.
>
> Lit screen OK but rocked on its corporations while reassembly was being
> resisted.
>
> Got a pair of arj batris and charged one. Tried to turn it on. Obviously
> I'm no longer sexy enough as it wooden bee turned on. Right batri number
> (BL-5C) for this simple Nokia dunnowotmodel 'cos I can see nothing on it
> wot tells me.
>
> Now, I hold down the top left key with the green arch (symbol for
> handset?) and zilch.
>
> Cleaned all contacts including underside of SIM without being nasty and
> ruff. Zilch.
>
> Have I disremembered somesalient point?
>
> Am I going ga-ga or is the instrument?
>
> --
> Rusty Hinge
> To err is human. To really foul things up requires a computer and the
> BOFH.

Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos

<ubg7dr$2ssrv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23918&group=uk.rec.sheds#23918

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 16:59:55 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 15:59 UTC

On 15/08/2023 10:48, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> RustyHinge wrote:
>
>> Now, I hold down the top left key with the green arch (symbol for
>> handset?) and zilch.
>
> I have a vague recollection that oNika used a long prod of the red "hang
> up" button for both on and off?

Ho! Thanks for that. Yes it does now after ascrubbing with isopropyl
incohol.

Can't have used the phobile for, oh, two years? Now trying to get the
SIM reactivated, but - can'y understandaworm anyone says o0ver the phone
- gota pair of totally uselessdeaf aids - left one sibilant
andexplosive, right one worse than bo deaf aid.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos

<ubg7nb$2sumq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23919&group=uk.rec.sheds#23919

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 17:04:59 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 16:04 UTC

On 15/08/2023 11:58, Tim+ wrote:

> Tell us what kind of phobile it is and we stand a better chance of telling
> you where the on/off button is.

D'oh...

Knock-knock-Nokia, but we fire up now memory has been reset

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos

<547776421.713824338.618600.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23937&group=uk.rec.sheds#23937

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 15 Aug 2023 20:37:02 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 20:37 UTC

RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:
> On 15/08/2023 10:48, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
>> RustyHinge wrote:
>>
>>> Now, I hold down the top left key with the green arch (symbol for
>>> handset?) and zilch.
>>
>> I have a vague recollection that oNika used a long prod of the red "hang
>> up" button for both on and off?
>>
> Ho! Thanks for that. Yes it does now after ascrubbing with isopropyl
> incohol.
>
> Can't have used the phobile for, oh, two years? Now trying to get the
> SIM reactivated,

I think you have two chances of that. No chance, and, um, no chance.

The number might have reissued to another sim by now. Cut your losses and
just get a new sim-only deal.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos

<slrnudnrqv.15og.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23943&group=uk.rec.sheds#23943

From: mau...@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 15 Aug 2023 21:34:23 GMT
 by: maus - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:34 UTC

On 2023-08-15, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:
> RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I have a vague recollection that oNika used a long prod of the red "hang
>>> up" button for both on and off?
>>>
>> Ho! Thanks for that. Yes it does now after ascrubbing with isopropyl
>> incohol.
>>
>> Can't have used the phobile for, oh, two years? Now trying to get the
>> SIM reactivated,
>
> I think you have two chances of that. No chance, and, um, no chance.
>
> The number might have reissued to another sim by now. Cut your losses and
> just get a new sim-only deal.

I got that done recently,, the old number had not been reassigned.
[see earlier messages]

--
greymausg@mail.com
Where is our money gone:?.

Re: phobile playing silly so-and-sos

<ubhbjf$35e6j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23948&group=uk.rec.sheds#23948

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 03:17:19 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 02:17 UTC

On 15/08/2023 21:37, Tim+ wrote:
> RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I have a vague recollection that oNika used a long prod of the red "hang
>>> up" button for both on and off?
>>>
>> Ho! Thanks for that. Yes it does now after ascrubbing with isopropyl
>> incohol.
>>
>> Can't have used the phobile for, oh, two years? Now trying to get the
>> SIM reactivated,
>
> I think you have two chances of that. No chance, and, um, no chance.
>
> The number might have reissued to another sim by now. Cut your losses and
> just get a new sim-only deal.

It's got a tariff I cherish, and I don'tthink they molish them any more.

--
Rusty Hinge