I thought YOU silenced the guard!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

SubjectAuthor
* Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastatswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sBrian
+* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sSpike
+* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sSpike
|`* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sSpike
+* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sSpike
+* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sSpike
+* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sSpike
|`* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sBrian
| `* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
|  `- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sBrian
+* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sSpike
+* Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’sSpike
`- Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devaswldx...@gmail.com

1
Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<c6a20737-6d63-47d5-8480-a157cb9ce634n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23912&group=uk.rec.cycling#23912

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 02:38:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Pedestrian_jailed_over_cyclist’s_death_‘devastat
ed’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 10:38 UTC

The dead cyclist's family is devastated as well.

The pedestrian convicted of killing a cyclist by waving at her to ‘get off the f**king pavement’ has been left ‘shocked and devastated’ by the decision to send her to prison.

Auriol Grey, 49, was caught on CCTV shouting and waving her arm aggressively at Celia Ward, 77, as she approached on her bicycle in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.

Moments later the retired midwife veered off the kerb and fell into the path of an oncoming car. She was declared dead at the scene shortly after on October 20, 2020.

Grey, who has cerebral palsy, was jailed for three years at Peterborough Crown Court after a jury found her guilty of manslaughter.

Defending, Miranda Moore KC told the court her client was ‘partially blind’ and that she lived in adapted special accommodation.

She said that Grey’s ‘present opinion is where the pavements are narrow the cyclists … should cycle on the road’.

‘There was no intention to cause harm or an obvious risk of harm,’ she added.

After the judge passed his sentence on Thursday, Ms Moore indicated that an appeal would be submitted against this and a request for bail would be made.

The appeal was submitted later, during a brief hearing held in chambers, in which the judge refused.

A source close to Grey’s defence team has since told The Sun she had been warned she faced a possible jail term but ‘had been anticipating a suspended sentence’.

They added: ‘She is shocked and devastated by the outcome. Her lawyer had desperately tried to get her out on bail while during an appeal process, but it was a failed application.’

Jailing Grey, of Huntingdon, Judge Sean Enright said her actions ‘are not explained by disability’.

He said she had no mental disorder or learning difficulties and he said the pavement was 2.4 metres wide at the relevant point, describing it as a ‘shared path on the ring road’.

The judge described her as being ‘territorial about the pavement’, adding: ‘You resented the presence of an oncoming cyclist.’

Mrs Ward’s widower, retired RAF pilot David Ward, said in a statement read to the court by prosecutor Simon Spence KC that the ‘clip of Celia’s last moments will haunt me forever’.

‘Rarely a day goes by without thinking of her and our happy life together, but I can so easily burst into tears, as I have on so many occasions,’ he said.

He said they met in 1965 and in their retirement enjoyed playing golf and seeing the world on cruise holidays.

‘I miss her terribly and after a year-and-a-half on my own felt the need to sell our house of 34 years and relocated to a retirement village near Romsey (in Hampshire),’ he said.

He said that he did this to be closer to family, including their daughter Gillian Hayter.

Ms Hayter told, in a victim impact statement read to the court, of her mother’s ‘senseless and needless death lying in the road without those who loved her’.

The driver of the car which collided with Mrs Ward, Carla Money, who was with her two-year-old daughter at the time, said that her life was ‘turned upside down’ by what happened.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/03/03/auriol-grey-pedestrian-shocked-at-being-jailed-over-cyclists-death-18379467/

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastat ed’ at decision to lock her up

<ttsj9u$k7fc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23913&group=uk.rec.cycling#23913

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 10:48:30 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:zPhQeF66VApZMnaCoO6M64qzfkI=
 by: Brian - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 10:48 UTC

> The dead cyclist's family is devastated as well.

The cyclist was responsible.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<3112d1a1-9e77-4e25-978e-66fe66c4b271n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23914&group=uk.rec.cycling#23914

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 05:00:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Pedestrian_jailed_over_cyclist’s_death_‘deva
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 13:00 UTC

QUOTE: The pedestrian convicted of killing a cyclist by waving at her to ‘get off the f**king pavement’ has been left ‘shocked and devastated’ by the decision to send her to prison. ENDS

There is video evidence of the guilty criminal pushing the victim - the sentence can be increased in an appeal.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<k6e9r7F2lgtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23915&group=uk.rec.cycling#23915

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 3 Mar 2023 13:08:55 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 13:08 UTC

> QUOTE: The pedestrian convicted of killing a cyclist by waving at her to
> ‘get off the f**king pavement’ has been left ‘shocked and devastated’ by
> the decision to send her to prison. ENDS
>
> There is video evidence of the guilty criminal pushing the victim - the
> sentence can be increased in an appeal.

Clearly the cyclist failed to defer to the pedestrian and accord her the
duty of care she was owed.

--
Spike

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<5afd75d1-1408-47f1-9f12-bc95855d7a91n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23920&group=uk.rec.cycling#23920

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 05:32:42 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 13:32 UTC

QUOTE: They added: ‘She is shocked and devastated by the outcome. Her lawyer had desperately tried to get her out on bail while during an appeal process, but it was a failed application.’ENDS

Quite right - manslaughter is a serious crime and the judge should be praised for not falling for false sob stories from unrepentant criminals.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<k6ebegF2trqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23922&group=uk.rec.cycling#23922

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 3 Mar 2023 13:36:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 13:36 UTC

> QUOTE: They added: ‘She is shocked and devastated by the outcome. Her
> lawyer had desperately tried to get her out on bail while during an
> appeal process, but it was a failed application.’ENDS
>
> Quite right - manslaughter is a serious crime and the judge should be
> praised for not falling for false sob stories from unrepentant criminals.

So who told the sob story?

--
Spike

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<94e17ed0-48c4-4931-8e62-de3cdc69c25en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23930&group=uk.rec.cycling#23930

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 05:46:14 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 13:46 UTC

QUOTE:
Auriol Grey, 49, was caught on CCTV shouting and waving her arm aggressively at Celia Ward, 77, as she approached on her bicycle in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. ENDS

The video shows a lunge and a shove - needs an appeal for the lenient sentence.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<a383cec4-76d5-4983-9840-842799eeff9fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23935&group=uk.rec.cycling#23935

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 06:02:54 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:02 UTC

NASTY PIECE OF WORK.

While Gillian Hayter, Celia's daughter, added: "The lack of any remorse from the accused cannot be underestimated in having a profound effect on us all.

"I can still remember the details of the conversation on hearing my mother was killed in a cycling accident.

"The panic and disbelief and shock of losing her in such an awful accident was hard to comprehend.

"But the news that it was not a tragic accident but a deliberate act of violence was incomprehensible.

"Mum is the least violent person."

While the innocent driver who struck Celia revealed the incident wrecked her marriage and she suffers PTSD from the fateful day.

In a victim impact statement, Carla Money, 33, blasted killer Grey, whose actions ripped out her "happy-go-lucky" personality and left her unable to properly be there for her two kids.

A neighbour who lived in the same block as Grey for 15 years branded her a "loner" with a "temper" but not violent.

They added: "She will not cope with prison.

"She needs a familiar environment and there will be violent criminals around her."

The Sun revealed yesterday that killer Grey will appeal her sentence after hoping to be given a suspended jail term at worst.

A source close to her defence team told The Sun: “She was warned she could face a custodial sentence but had been anticipating a suspended sentence.

“She is shocked and devastated by the outcome.

“Her lawyer had desperately tried to get her out on bail while during an appeal process but it was a failed application.”

Grey is single and lives alone in an adapted home in Huntingdon, Cambs.

She is partially estranged from her mother, who according to sources, “has no interest in her daughter,” saying: “They never see each other but occasionally speak on the phone.”

Her sister died two years ago, and she has no husband or partner.

The source added: “She has no one in her life to help and support her, just one friend who has his own family but has been giving her lifts to court.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<k6eeslF3eilU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23938&group=uk.rec.cycling#23938

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 3 Mar 2023 14:35:02 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:35 UTC

> QUOTE:
> Auriol Grey, 49, was caught on CCTV shouting and waving her arm
> aggressively at Celia Ward, 77, as she approached on her bicycle in
> Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. ENDS
>
> The video shows a lunge and a shove - needs an appeal for the lenient sentence.

No, it doesn’t show ‘a lunge and a shove’.

Had it done so Auriol Grey would have gone down for 25 years.

--
Spike

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<k6ef9uF3ge5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23939&group=uk.rec.cycling#23939

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 3 Mar 2023 14:42:06 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:42 UTC

> NASTY PIECE OF WORK.

A very strong case of PKB there, considering your unexpected arrival in
front of a moving lorry.

I don’t recall you expressing remorse for your action that day, or concern
for the lorry driver, but do correct me if I’m wrong.

--
Spike

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<212d03f4-c101-449c-9743-c4cf8a35350bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23943&group=uk.rec.cycling#23943

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 08:33:53 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 16:33 UTC

A Cambridgeshire charity has called for action after a woman was jailed for three years for causing a cyclist to fall into the path of a vehicle on a busy road. Auriol Grey was jailed after being convicted of manslaughter following the death of Celia Ward.

Grey was walking along the pavement in Nursery Road, Huntingdon, in 2020 when she began gesturing and shouting at the 77-year-old cyclist. As Mrs Ward approached Grey, the pedestrian shouted to her to get off the pavement before throwing her arms towards her.

Mrs Ward fell into the road in front of a moving vehicle and was later pronounced dead at the scene. Grey was arrested at her home in Huntingdon.

Following a trial at Peterborough Crown Court, Grey, 49, of Bradbury Place in Huntingdon, was convicted of manslaughter. She was jailed for three years for her actions.

Campaign group Camcycle is now calling for more safe cycle routes across the county. In a statement after Grey's sentencing, it said: “All deaths on our roads are avoidable tragedies and this case is particularly heart-breaking. It highlights a situation in which people walking and cycling were placed in unnecessary conflict next to a busy road of fast-moving motor vehicles.

"Cambridgeshire County Council has committed to reducing the number of deaths and serious injuries on our roads to zero by 2040, but reports published this week show that it is not currently on target to meet this goal. Thee-hundred-and-eighteen people were killed or seriously injured in January 2023, leaving too many families suffering. No-one should be hurt on their way to school, work, the shops or to see loved ones. It's time to turn positive words and policies on safe routes for walking, cycling and wheeling into action on streets across the county.”

After the sentencing, Detective Sergeant Mark Dollard, who investigated the incident for Cambridgeshire Constabulary called for road users to show more consideration for each other. He said: "This is a difficult and tragic case.

"Everyone will have their own views of cyclists on pavements and cycleways, but what is clear is Grey’s response to the presence of Celia on a pedal cycle was totally disproportionate and ultimately found to be unlawful, resulting in Celia’s untimely and needless death. I hope it is a stark reminder to all road users to take care and be considerate of each other."

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<k6en24F4l72U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23947&group=uk.rec.cycling#23947

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 3 Mar 2023 16:54:28 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 16:54 UTC

> A Cambridgeshire charity has called for action after a woman was jailed
> for three years for causing a cyclist to fall into the path of a vehicle
> on a busy road. Auriol Grey was jailed after being convicted of
> manslaughter following the death of Celia Ward.
>
> Grey was walking along the pavement in Nursery Road, Huntingdon, in 2020
> when she began gesturing and shouting at the 77-year-old cyclist. As Mrs
> Ward approached Grey, the pedestrian shouted to her to get off the
> pavement before throwing her arms towards her.
>
> Mrs Ward fell into the road in front of a moving vehicle and was later
> pronounced dead at the scene. Grey was arrested at her home in Huntingdon.
>
> Following a trial at Peterborough Crown Court, Grey, 49, of Bradbury
> Place in Huntingdon, was convicted of manslaughter. She was jailed for
> three years for her actions.
>
> Campaign group Camcycle is now calling for more safe cycle routes across
> the county. In a statement after Grey's sentencing, it said: “All deaths
> on our roads are avoidable tragedies and this case is particularly
> heart-breaking. It highlights a situation in which people walking and
> cycling were placed in unnecessary conflict next to a busy road of
> fast-moving motor vehicles.
>
> "Cambridgeshire County Council has committed to reducing the number of
> deaths and serious injuries on our roads to zero by 2040, but reports
> published this week show that it is not currently on target to meet this
> goal. Thee-hundred-and-eighteen people were killed or seriously injured
> in January 2023, leaving too many families suffering. No-one should be
> hurt on their way to school, work, the shops or to see loved ones. It's
> time to turn positive words and policies on safe routes for walking,
> cycling and wheeling into action on streets across the county.”
>
> After the sentencing, Detective Sergeant Mark Dollard, who investigated
> the incident for Cambridgeshire Constabulary called for road users to
> show more consideration for each other. He said: "This is a difficult and tragic case.
>
> "Everyone will have their own views of cyclists on pavements and
> cycleways, but what is clear is Grey’s response to the presence of Celia
> on a pedal cycle was totally disproportionate and ultimately found to be
> unlawful, resulting in Celia’s untimely and needless death. I hope it is
> a stark reminder to all road users to take care and be considerate of each other."

Unfortunately, Sergeant Dullard neglected to mention what either the
cyclist or the pedestrian should do in these circumstances. Stand by for
more cyclist/pedestrian interactions of the negative kind.

Perhaps it’s a good thing all round that cycling has fallen from 3% of all
journeys to 2%, according to official data, and that that should save a few
pedestrian lives.

--
Spike

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<5ae0d621-8e0a-4969-a33a-d18d56dcd9d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23956&group=uk.rec.cycling#23956

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 10:04:37 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:04 UTC

QUOTE: Grey was walking along the pavement in Nursery Road, Huntingdon, in 2020 when she began gesturing and shouting at the 77-year-old cyclist. As Mrs Ward approached Grey, the pedestrian shouted to her to get off the pavement before throwing her arms towards her. ENDS

Why have you missed out the foul and abusive language that the convicted criminal used just before the fatal assault?

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<tttds8$mt3o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23964&group=uk.rec.cycling#23964

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:22:00 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:a0EWsznKIJzAg8RJIIheUnJFhKA=
 by: Brian - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:22 UTC

> QUOTE: Grey was walking along the pavement in Nursery Road, Huntingdon,
> in 2020 when she began gesturing and shouting at the 77-year-old cyclist.
> As Mrs Ward approached Grey, the pedestrian shouted to her to get off the
> pavement before throwing her arms towards her. ENDS
>
> Why have you missed out the foul and abusive language that the convicted
> criminal used just before the fatal assault?

So Ward continued having been made aware she was threatening the
pedestrian. She then lost control of her bike.

A deliberate attack on a pedestrian which backfired.

Ms Grey did nothing wrong, she was distressed - understandably having
nearly been knocked down by a cyclist, who ignored attempts to warn her.

Ms Grey is very much the victim.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<87130d72-dc03-4462-9add-7b234eed03d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23967&group=uk.rec.cycling#23967

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 10:58:33 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:58 UTC

QUOTE: Celia’s daughter Gillian said: “Celia Ward was my mum, mother-in-law to my husband and much-loved grandmother to my son, but most importantly, the love of my father’s life. Her untimely death has turned our world on its head and there isn’t a day that goes by when I don’t wish I could pick up the phone to ask her advice, celebrate the special events in our lives or just tell her how much I love her.

“It’s easy to say how wonderful my mum was… she was passionate about her family and always there to help and support us. She was of a generation that made and mended, kept a spotless house and always put others first. Her death has marred what should have been some of the most enjoyable times for us as a family.

“We can never forget the past two and a half years, but it’s now time to start remembering the wonderful memories and times we had with mum, and hopefully find some peace.” ENDS

An innocent decent family destroyed by a foul mouthed chav thug - so sad and unnecessary.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<tttu39$ofbj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23977&group=uk.rec.cycling#23977

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 22:58:49 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9egA0ehQUELsKddtC005nZ6nrZE=
 by: Brian - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 22:58 UTC

> QUOTE: Celia’s daughter Gillian said: “Celia Ward was my mum,
> mother-in-law to my husband and much-loved grandmother to my son, but
> most importantly, the love of my father’s life. Her untimely death has
> turned our world on its head and there isn’t a day that goes by when I
> don’t wish I could pick up the phone to ask her advice, celebrate the
> special events in our lives or just tell her how much I love her.
>
> “It’s easy to say how wonderful my mum was… she was passionate about her
> family and always there to help and support us. She was of a generation
> that made and mended, kept a spotless house and always put others first.
> Her death has marred what should have been some of the most enjoyable
> times for us as a family.
>
> “We can never forget the past two and a half years, but it’s now time to
> start remembering the wonderful memories and times we had with mum, and
> hopefully find some peace.” ENDS
>
> An innocent decent family destroyed by a foul mouthed chav thug - so sad and unnecessary.

The cyclist destroyed the pedestrians life and that of the driver’s family.

Why are they being ignored, especially when the cyclist was to blame?

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<c636db2c-c581-4857-a56c-d6c8bf925584n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23986&group=uk.rec.cycling#23986

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 23:27:03 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 07:27 UTC

QUOTE: The pedestrian convicted of killing a cyclist by waving at her to ‘get off the f**king pavement’ has been left ‘shocked and devastated’ by the decision to send her to prison. ENDS

Why is that? What sentence does she imagine that people convicted in a court of law for manslaughter get?
A £50 fine?

Jesus Christ.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<k6gh1cFd3mhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23990&group=uk.rec.cycling#23990

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 4 Mar 2023 09:23:56 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 09:23 UTC

> QUOTE: The pedestrian convicted of killing a cyclist by waving at her to
> ‘get off the f**king pavement’ has been left ‘shocked and devastated’ by
> the decision to send her to prison. ENDS

> Why is that? What sentence does she imagine that people convicted in a
> court of law for manslaughter get? A £50 fine?

A suspended sentence, especially when considering medical factors.

--
Spike

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<44dfe1ab-4d39-49d2-8e87-8aee34eede6cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23993&group=uk.rec.cycling#23993

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 02:20:24 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 10:20 UTC

QUOTE: I hope it is a stark reminder to all road users to take care and be considerate of each other." ENDS

Yes - such abusive and violent people have been warned in the strongest terms that their actions have serious consequences.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<k6gq3jFeds1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23998&group=uk.rec.cycling#23998

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 4 Mar 2023 11:58:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 11:58 UTC

> QUOTE: I hope it is a stark reminder to all road users to take care and
> be considerate of each other." ENDS

> Yes - such abusive and violent people have been warned in the strongest
> terms that their actions have serious consequences.

So no shouting “Get out of the fucking way, I’m not stopping!” before
killing a pedestrian is likely to bring some real jail time for a cyclist?
BRING IT ON.

--
Spike

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<4f55a09f-0981-42a4-92b7-bf1a1e7988bfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24000&group=uk.rec.cycling#24000

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 04:51:18 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 12:51 UTC

Where you have the space build the cycle infrastructure. Where you have given large amounts of space to motor vehicles take some of that back to build cycle infrastructure. Where there is genuinely not space do as the Dutch do and make cars the guests on certain designated streets (fietsstraat). The excuse that the U.K. is somehow uniquely unable to do any of this is just that, an excuse.

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘deva stated’ at decision to lock her up

<k6heo3Fhga9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24007&group=uk.rec.cycling#24007

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 4 Mar 2023 17:50:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 17:50 UTC

<https://swov.nl/sites/default/files/media/media.up/fs_international_fig5.png>

--
Spike

Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up

<247762a2-e036-4126-ba03-f4250993cea0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24010&group=uk.rec.cycling#24010

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 10:37:17 -0800 (PST)
stated’_at_decision_to_lock_her_up
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 18:37 UTC

QUOTE: Shared paths should be strictly recreational cycling; using a shared path for commuting at speeds higher than jogging pace is dangerously stupid. ENDS

What about roads with no footway alongside? Are they restricted to 8mph too, just in case there's a pedestrian walking in the road (as they are legally entitled to do)?

WELL SAID!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Pedestrian jailed over cyclist’s death ‘devastated’ at decision to lock her up