All models over 18 years of age.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silenceswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighboursBrian
+* Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silenceswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighboursBrian
|`* Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighboursSpike
| `* Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighboursBrian
|  `- Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighboursSpike
+* Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silenceswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighboursSpike
+* Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silenceswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighboursSpike
|`- Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighboursBrian
+- Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silenceswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silenceswldx...@gmail.com

1
Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<ff867a8f-2169-42e8-a11d-6d7ef26c4108n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24036&group=uk.rec.cycling#24036

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 12:42:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 20:42 UTC

A vulnerable woman jailed for causing the death of an elderly cyclist after swearing and violently gesturing at her risks losing her home.

Auriol Grey is estranged from her family and is said to have just one friend amid reports she led a "sad and lonely" life beset by chronic health problems.

The 49-year-old suffers from cerebral palsy, is partially blind and has cognitive issues.

On Thursday she was sentenced to three years in prison after being convicted of the manslaughter of Celia Ward, 77, who she told to "get off the f***ing pavement" before the cyclist fell into the road.

The startled pensioner was subsequently struck by a car and killed during the incident in October 2020 in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.

Grey's lawyer has now warned her client is at risk of losing her home.

Miranda Moore KC said Grey "has nobody to support her apart from a friend and no family support at all. She has no financial support at all other than state benefits.

"If she goes to prison today she would lose her home and has no one to store her possessions. She doesn't know what would happen to them."

Grey had lived alone for 17 years in an adapted home in the town, relying on state benefits.

Her ground-floor flat is managed by a charitable trust that helps disabled people to live independently.

Neighbours said she was seen as a "loner" and was often bad tempered.

Winston Ward, who lives opposite Grey told MailOnline: "We have paper thin walls and sometimes I heard her having heated phone conversation with people, telling them to F*** off!

"I never knew who she was talking to but it was on the phone because she never had any visitors."

Mr Ward, 60, who is confined to a wheelchair added: "She was a bit of a loner and only had one friend."

He described Grey's daily routine as consisting of going for a walk at 8am, but she would always leave her front door slightly ajar.

Another unnamed neighbour added that life for her was "hard" - as it is for all the roughly 20 residents in the block - but "that doesn't mean you can't have a laugh".

A source also told the MailOnline Grey "occasionally" spoke to her mum on the phone.

Her older sister Genny died two years ago, though it is understood they rarely had any contact.

During her trial at Peterborough Crown Court, Grey's one friend drove her each day.

Ms Moore told Judge Sean Enright ahead of sentencing that her client has "nobody to support her apart from a friend" and has "no financial support" aside from benefits.

"If she goes to prison today she would lose her home and has no one to store her possessions. She doesn't know what would happen to them," she added.

The judge said her actions were "not explained by disability" as he handed her a three-year prison term.

He added that Grey had no mental disorder or learning difficulties and the pavement was 2.4 metres wide at the relevant point, describing it as a "shared path on the ring road.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cyclist-pavement-killer-risks-losing-29371744

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<tu0iqu$13b2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24045&group=uk.rec.cycling#24045

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours
break silence
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 23:05:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:POWVMWromDO9Mp/d/lUmefDGqIU=
 by: Brian - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 23:05 UTC

> [...]
>
> A source also told the MailOnline Grey "occasionally" spoke to her mum on the phone.
>
> Her older sister Genny died two years ago, though it is understood they
> rarely had any contact.
>
> During her trial at Peterborough Crown Court, Grey's one friend drove her each day.
>
> Ms Moore told Judge Sean Enright ahead of sentencing that her client has
> "nobody to support her apart from a friend" and has "no financial
> support" aside from benefits.
>
> "If she goes to prison today she would lose her home and has no one to
> store her possessions. She doesn't know what would happen to them," she added.
>
> The judge said her actions were "not explained by disability" as he
> handed her a three-year prison term.
>
> He added that Grey had no mental disorder or learning difficulties and
> the pavement was 2.4 metres wide at the relevant point, describing it as

The cyclist’s family should be forced to pay compensation to her and the
motorist. It was her actions which led to the destruction of the
pedestrian’s and driver’s lives.

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<4af2db9a-7e06-4736-a588-858e0843cbe0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24051&group=uk.rec.cycling#24051

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 21:55:11 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 05:55 UTC

QUOTE: He told Grey: "You have not expressed a word about remorse until today in the pre-sentencing notes. ENDS

Indeed - she left a dead body in the road and went shopping instead.
Shocking behaviour and resulted in her going to jail.

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<tu1j81$190dj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24054&group=uk.rec.cycling#24054

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
break silence
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 08:18:09 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:FY9FHFN0KZ153cDNUqYInsTn0z0=
 by: Brian - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 08:18 UTC

> QUOTE: He told Grey: "You have not expressed a word about remorse until
> today in the pre-sentencing notes. ENDS
>
> Indeed - she left a dead body in the road and went shopping instead.
> Shocking behaviour and resulted in her going to jail.

Would the Judge expect a those who survived the Manchester bombing to
express remorse for the terrorist?

Miss Grey and Mrs Money ( the driver) were are the victims here. Neither
did anything to they need to be remorseful for.

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<k6j3ouFp55qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24056&group=uk.rec.cycling#24056

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
break silence
Date: 5 Mar 2023 08:55:58 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 08:55 UTC

> QUOTE: He told Grey: "You have not expressed a word about remorse until
> today in the pre-sentencing notes. ENDS

Perhaps she expressed no remorse because she believed she (like many
people) was not guilty of anything!

Do you express sorrow and guilt for things you haven’t done?

Do you express sorrow and guilt for things that you have done?

Well, well.

> Indeed - she left a dead body in the road and went shopping instead.

No, she didn’t. She was going shopping anyway. It wasn’t an alternative, it
was her legitimate reason for being there.

The collision with the car happened behind her, just look at the video.

> Shocking behaviour and resulted in her going to jail.

It’s only shocking if you don’t understand human nature and haven’t
processed the video properly.

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<tu1sfa$1a06o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24060&group=uk.rec.cycling#24060

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
break silence
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:55:38 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:8Moo9rGJx3kL0zdMz0BWsg4BOU8=
 by: Brian - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:55 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: He told Grey: "You have not expressed a word about remorse until
>> today in the pre-sentencing notes. ENDS
>
> Perhaps she expressed no remorse because she believed she (like many
> people) was not guilty of anything!
>
> Do you express sorrow and guilt for things you haven’t done?
>
> Do you express sorrow and guilt for things that you have done?
>
> Well, well.
>
>> Indeed - she left a dead body in the road and went shopping instead.
>
> No, she didn’t. She was going shopping anyway. It wasn’t an alternative, it
> was her legitimate reason for being there.
>
> The collision with the car happened behind her, just look at the video.
>
>> Shocking behaviour and resulted in her going to jail.
>
> It’s only shocking if you don’t understand human nature and haven’t
> processed the video properly.

Well said.

Miss Grey and the driver should make a claim against the cyclist’s estate
for damages. Her actions destroyed their lives.

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<k6jcaoFqejhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24063&group=uk.rec.cycling#24063

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
break silence
Date: 5 Mar 2023 11:22:00 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 11:22 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> QUOTE: He told Grey: "You have not expressed a word about remorse until
>>> today in the pre-sentencing notes. ENDS
>>
>> Perhaps she expressed no remorse because she believed she (like many
>> people) was not guilty of anything!
>>
>> Do you express sorrow and guilt for things you haven’t done?
>>
>> Do you express sorrow and guilt for things that you have done?
>>
>> Well, well.
>>
>>> Indeed - she left a dead body in the road and went shopping instead.
>>
>> No, she didn’t. She was going shopping anyway. It wasn’t an alternative, it
>> was her legitimate reason for being there.
>>
>> The collision with the car happened behind her, just look at the video.
>>
>>> Shocking behaviour and resulted in her going to jail.
>>
>> It’s only shocking if you don’t understand human nature and haven’t
>> processed the video properly.
>>

> Well said.

> Miss Grey and the driver should make a claim against the cyclist’s estate
> for damages. Her actions destroyed their lives.

Yes, a civil claim, of course held to ‘balance of probabilities’ rather
than ‘beyond reasonable doubt’, might well succeed. Ms Grey, having now
lost everything, has nothing more she could lose by such an action.

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<66e8300d-545f-4218-9bb0-c346af510c94n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24067&group=uk.rec.cycling#24067

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 03:36:40 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 11:36 UTC

QUOTE: Neighbours said she was seen as a "loner" and was often bad tempered.

Winston Ward, who lives opposite Grey told MailOnline: "We have paper thin walls and sometimes I heard her having heated phone conversation with people, telling them to F*** off! ENDS

Violent foul mouthed chav alert.

Her violence led to an innocent woman's death.

Shameful.

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<k6jer7FqprvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24073&group=uk.rec.cycling#24073

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
break silence
Date: 5 Mar 2023 12:04:55 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:04 UTC

> QUOTE: Neighbours said she was seen as a "loner" and was often bad tempered.
>
> Winston Ward, who lives opposite Grey told MailOnline: "We have paper
> thin walls and sometimes I heard her having heated phone conversation
> with people, telling them to F*** off! ENDS
>
> Violent foul mouthed chav alert.
>
> Her violence led to an innocent woman's death.
>
> Shameful.

Realising what a weak case you have, you’ve resorted to character
assassination. Well done. Not.

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<f35e850a-e413-4c1d-8574-1927db817fc4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24078&group=uk.rec.cycling#24078

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 04:22:55 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:22 UTC

QUOTE: The judge said her actions were "not explained by disability" as he handed her a three-year prison term.

He added that Grey had no mental disorder or learning difficulties and the pavement was 2.4 metres wide at the relevant point, describing it as a "shared path on the ring road. ENDS

"SHARED PATH" - END OF STORY.

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<k6jjofFri9eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24084&group=uk.rec.cycling#24084

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
break silence
Date: 5 Mar 2023 13:28:47 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 13:28 UTC

> QUOTE: The judge said her actions were "not explained by disability" as
> he handed her a three-year prison term.
>
> He added that Grey had no mental disorder or learning difficulties and
> the pavement was 2.4 metres wide at the relevant point, describing it as
> a "shared path on the ring road. ENDS
>
> "SHARED PATH" - END OF STORY.

It’s just that no-one responsible can find the authority for creating it,
which is a problem.

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<2dd430c5-36a8-4068-ad8e-4914c68bf698n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24089&group=uk.rec.cycling#24089

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 06:53:34 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 14:53 UTC

QUOTE: The judge said her actions were "not explained by disability" as he handed her a three-year prison term. ENDS

Why didn't they use the low flying Sun wriggle?
It would have been worth a try.

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<tu2mmp$1di4l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24100&group=uk.rec.cycling#24100

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
break silence
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:23:21 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:2ut28mZsgW8kbk1LpbvlTyKdgwA=
 by: Brian - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:23 UTC

> QUOTE: The judge said her actions were "not explained by disability" as
> he handed her a three-year prison term.
>
> He added that Grey had no mental disorder or learning difficulties and
> the pavement was 2.4 metres wide at the relevant point, describing it as
> a "shared path on the ring road. ENDS
>
> "SHARED PATH" - END OF STORY.

You need to check the HWC. Pedestrians have priority.

Re: Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence

<956b6e7a-2aea-405d-b90b-a74d73bfb428n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24102&group=uk.rec.cycling#24102

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:35:56 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:35 UTC

QUOTE: A vulnerable woman jailed for causing the death of an elderly cyclist. ENDS

Who wrote these lies? The lefty judge and softy liberal jury obviously took bribes to swing the verdict in their favour.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Cyclist pavement killer risks losing home as neighbours break silence