24 Apr, 2024: Testing a new version of the Overboard here. If you have an issue post about it to rocksolid.nodes.help (I know. Everyone on Usenet has issues)

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: Eastern freeway crash

SubjectAuthor
* Eastern freeway crashMax
+* Re: Eastern freeway crashJames Morrison
|`* Re: Eastern freeway crashMax
| `* Re: Eastern freeway crashJames Morrison
|  `- Re: Eastern freeway crashjonz
+- Re: Eastern freeway crashPhil Allison
`- Re: Eastern freeway crashRod Speed

1
Eastern freeway crash

<scltsh$jsg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2402&group=aus.legal#2402

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Eastern freeway crash
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:49:02 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 05:49 UTC

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/killer-eastern-freeway-truckie-mohinder-singh-speaks-for-first-time-about-fatal-crash/news-story/7bbee88c8786aa289225568c7c87be6c

The truck driver has given evidence against his boss in relation to the
crash that killed four police officers.

If the boss is guilty of some crime, shouldn't the truck driver's
culpability be reduced and therefore his sentence reduced?

There is one thing that has happened - what matters is what proportion
of blame is given to each person.

Re: Eastern freeway crash

<sclvja$oik$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2403&group=aus.legal#2403

From: nos...@gmail.com (James Morrison)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Eastern freeway crash
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:16:44 +1000
 by: James Morrison - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 06:16 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:49:02 +1000
Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/killer-eastern-freeway-truckie-mohinder-singh-speaks-for-first-time-about-fatal-crash/news-story/7bbee88c8786aa289225568c7c87be6c
>
> The truck driver has given evidence against his boss in relation to
> the crash that killed four police officers.
>
> If the boss is guilty of some crime, shouldn't the truck driver's
> culpability be reduced and therefore his sentence reduced?
>
> There is one thing that has happened - what matters is what
> proportion of blame is given to each person.

Telling him not to say anything is hardly a crime. If it was, all
criminal lawyers/solicitors would be jailed from time to time.

But if the manager gave him a truck with known faults to drive, then
that could possibly be a crime?

Re: Eastern freeway crash

<scm0cs$1fl1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2404&group=aus.legal#2404

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:31:54 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 06:31 UTC

On 14/07/2021 4:16 pm, James Morrison wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:49:02 +1000
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
>
>> https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/killer-eastern-freeway-truckie-mohinder-singh-speaks-for-first-time-about-fatal-crash/news-story/7bbee88c8786aa289225568c7c87be6c
>>
>> The truck driver has given evidence against his boss in relation to
>> the crash that killed four police officers.
>>
>> If the boss is guilty of some crime, shouldn't the truck driver's
>> culpability be reduced and therefore his sentence reduced?
>>
>> There is one thing that has happened - what matters is what
>> proportion of blame is given to each person.
>
> Telling him not to say anything is hardly a crime. If it was, all
> criminal lawyers/solicitors would be jailed from time to time.
>
> But if the manager gave him a truck with known faults to drive, then
> that could possibly be a crime?

What if the boss had allegedly told the driver to drive when he had
driven too much, hadn't slept, mentally unwell, on drugs etc. ?

Re: Eastern freeway crash

<b4a85b34-568c-45e1-8278-9850e8ebd8b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2405&group=aus.legal#2405

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 00:49:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 07:49 UTC

Max the MORON wrote:
=====================
> https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/killer-eastern-freeway-truckie-mohinder-singh-speaks-for-first-time-about-fatal-crash/news-story/7bbee88c8786aa289225568c7c87be6c
>
> The truck driver has given evidence against his boss in relation to the
> crash that killed four police officers.
>
> If the boss is guilty of some crime, shouldn't the truck driver's
> culpability be reduced and therefore his sentence reduced?

** Guilty plea plus full confession will help.

> There is one thing that has happened - what matters is what proportion
> of blame is given to each person.

** No. The driver is fully responsible what HE chose to do.

If 5 people conspired to murder someone, they do not get 1/5 sentence each.

Fuckwit.

....... Phil

Re: Eastern freeway crash

<scmk75$1lv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2406&group=aus.legal#2406

From: nos...@gmail.com (James Morrison)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 22:10:02 +1000
 by: James Morrison - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:10 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:31:54 +1000
Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 14/07/2021 4:16 pm, James Morrison wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:49:02 +1000
> > Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
> >
> >> https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/killer-eastern-freeway-truckie-mohinder-singh-speaks-for-first-time-about-fatal-crash/news-story/7bbee88c8786aa289225568c7c87be6c
> >>
> >> The truck driver has given evidence against his boss in relation to
> >> the crash that killed four police officers.
> >>
> >> If the boss is guilty of some crime, shouldn't the truck driver's
> >> culpability be reduced and therefore his sentence reduced?
> >>
> >> There is one thing that has happened - what matters is what
> >> proportion of blame is given to each person.
> >
> > Telling him not to say anything is hardly a crime. If it was, all
> > criminal lawyers/solicitors would be jailed from time to time.
> >
> > But if the manager gave him a truck with known faults to drive, then
> > that could possibly be a crime?
> >

> What if the boss had allegedly told the driver to drive when he had
> driven too much, hadn't slept, mentally unwell, on drugs etc. ?

Possibly could be a crime. Depends on the law in Victoria.

There was a case in NSW a few years back where the owner of a coal
truck employed a driver, and gave him a truck with brakes on one wheel
only. As the truck was going down Mount Ousley (Wollongong NSW) the
truck got out of control and the driver rammed a car, killing someone.
The oner was charged as well, can't remeber the full details.

IMO a bigger crime is this:-
"Prosecutor Robyn Harper asked Singh what the Connect Logistics manager
said as they stood in a carpark together hours before the fatal crash.

“He put a hand on top of my head and prayed in Jesus name to take the
curse away of the witch,” Singh said."

Re: Eastern freeway crash

<il8ugkF6b5vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2408&group=aus.legal#2408

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 06:07:46 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 20:07 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

> https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/killer-eastern-freeway-truckie-mohinder-singh-speaks-for-first-time-about-fatal-crash/news-story/7bbee88c8786aa289225568c7c87be6c

> The truck driver has given evidence against his boss in relation to the
> crash that killed four police officers.

Wota surprise.

> If the boss is guilty of some crime, shouldn't the truck driver's
> culpability be reduced and therefore his sentence reduced?

Nope, he was free to abide by what the law required him to do.

> There is one thing that has happened - what matters is what proportion of
> blame is given to each person.

Wrong with the penalty. Both should be fucked over by the legal system
if his claim about his boss can be proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Re: Eastern freeway crash

<scoeg1$pdc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2410&group=aus.legal#2410

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 14:44:46 +1000
 by: jonz - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 04:44 UTC

On 7/14/2021 10:10 PM, James Morrison wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:31:54 +1000
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
>
>> On 14/07/2021 4:16 pm, James Morrison wrote:

>>> Telling him not to say anything is hardly a crime. If it was, all
>>> criminal lawyers/solicitors would be jailed from time to time.
>>>
>>> But if the manager gave him a truck with known faults to drive, then
>>> that could possibly be a crime?
>>>

>> What if the boss had allegedly told the driver to drive when he had
>> driven too much, hadn't slept, mentally unwell, on drugs etc. ?
> Possibly could be a crime. Depends on the law in Victoria.
>
> There was a case in NSW a few years back where the owner of a coal
> truck employed a driver, and gave him a truck with brakes on one wheel
> only. As the truck was going down Mount Ousley (Wollongong NSW) the
> truck got out of control and the driver rammed a car, killing someone.
> The oner was charged as well, can't remeber the full details.

 It`s called *COR* alvira!.. Look it up!. (If you can remeber. (sic.))

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene